PDA

View Full Version : Space: the Convergeance

Dhavaer
2007-03-10, 06:16 PM
Would you play it? (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=mtgcom/feature/391)

NEO|Phyte
2007-03-10, 06:32 PM
Hell yeah, it sounds loads better than Magic: the Gathering.

Artemician
2007-03-10, 08:22 PM
Hell yeah, it sounds loads better than Magic: the Gathering.

I'm going to assume that that's sarcasm.. *cough cough*

tgva8889
2007-03-10, 09:43 PM
I do just hope we all realize that this game is, literally, Magic: the Gathering except in a Science Fiction-esque setting.

With that in mind, yes, I would have played this game had it been produced instead of Magic, because, mechanically, there's no difference, and flavor-wise, the game would be like Star Wars except in a card-game like form. I might not have gotten into all the books I read now, but hey, there's a small price to pay for gaming.

Seriously, I could spend the next couple minutes finding parallels to every single card that was posted. There is literally no difference between games. If you play Magic, there's only so many reasons you wouldn't play Space.

Sophistemon
2007-03-10, 09:44 PM
Oh hell yes. Geeky sci-fi game by the dudes that make Magic? Sign me up.

I know it won't be, but I hope it's cheaper.

tgva8889
2007-03-10, 09:46 PM
Oh hell yes. Geeky sci-fi game by the dudes that make Magic? Sign me up.

I know it won't be, but I hope it's cheaper.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't think Wizards will make this game, considering the column has this little thing at the bottom that mentions something about "What If Week". This brings me to assume that this is merely a "what if" scenerio, like, "What if Magic had been set in the Universe instead of the Multiverse?"

TamerBill
2007-03-11, 12:30 PM
Designed by Richard Garfield in 1993 and published by Wizards of the Coast, Space was the first trading card game.

Yeah, I hope no-one actually thought this was real.

Saithis Bladewing
2007-03-11, 01:21 PM
So, MTG in space. I'll give it a try if someone bothers to make it.

Sophistemon
2007-03-11, 08:58 PM
Yeah, I hope no-one actually thought this was real.
Nope. *Whistles innocently.*

J_Muller
2007-03-12, 01:51 AM
Theoretically, if you had a card design program and too much time on your hands, you could make this game reality, since it works off the same mechanics as Magic.

Destro_Yersul
2007-03-13, 02:50 AM
Wouldn't be too hard either, considering all you'd have to do is pick a bunch of cards you liked, change the layout, and rename all the keywords.