PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Rules to rule (Settlements, Cities, Countries)

Wermut
2014-09-13, 10:49 AM
Hello,

I'm planning a campaign for an online group. Part of the experience should be a position of rulership for every character. It fits with the country how I imagine it, that characters with a certain powerlevel rise to rulership over a community. I'm using the Pathfinder Rules and need a little advice if there Pathfinder-Administration Rules I can use or if there any other OGC Rules that are appliable to Pathfinder.

Especially nice would it be if someone has experience with those rules or this kind of rules and could share them. Thank you very much.

Blackhawk748
2014-09-13, 11:03 AM
Well there is AEG Empire, ive used it a few times and it works pretty well, you may need to tweak them a bit to fit your game. Its good, but more of a larger scale. Pathfinder has Ultimate Campaign, which is actually pretty sweet for small scale rulership.

Kudaku
2014-09-13, 12:10 PM
Seconding Ultimate Campaign, it covers running anything from a small shop up to a continent-spanning Empire. The rules are available on d20pfsrd.com under downtime and kingdoms - on my phone atm so can't provide a direct link.

If you want to expand on the kingdrom rules I'd suggest checking out Ultimate Rulership. Though 3rd party, it's written by the same people who worked on Ultimate Campaign and adds a lot of interesting stuff.

BWR
2014-09-13, 01:32 PM
I was a bit disappointed with Ultimate Rulership. Specifically, the BP/upkeep and lack of proper rules for being subinfeudation. My players don't think there's a problem, so take that how you will. Ultimate Rulership supposedly fixes some of this (I haven't read it). "Empire" is quite minimalistic but it works well enough for anything from small domains and up.

Wermut
2014-09-13, 02:02 PM
Thank you all very much for your answers. :) I'll read the given suggestions.