PDA

View Full Version : Persona-SotVD: Lounge 1, Early May (Non-SL RP)

Kioku
2014-09-13, 11:29 AM
Done. That should free up a lot of time for the rest of the year, Asami thinks as she puts the last touch on what she's been focusing on for the last month in between other activities and classwork. "Now if only they offered something beyond calculus..." She gets up from the chair, stretching in the late-afternoon light that streams through the open window, just as the mail arrives. With a shrug, she goes to the door since she's already up and near it to check. "It looks like somebody has a package out here. Was anyone expecting something?" Oh, I've got a letter too... She heads over to a table to deposit the rest of the letters besides her own, not wanting to jostle the package just in case.

Said package is unclaimed. So anyone who wants a package to come for them, have at it! For all I know, it's Schrodinger's package delivery spot and there may or may not be more behind it.

banthesun
2014-09-14, 10:17 AM
Kyoko had come to the common room to study, but she'd ended up just letting herself get distracted watching TV on the couch. It was a fairly dull variety show, interviewing some minor idol, which spoke volumes on just how dedicated Kyoko was to her homework. When Asami called out, Kyoko got up and made her way to check the door for the parcel. Perhaps it was something she'd left at her old school?

"Huhh..."

The parcel was fairly nondescript, but one thing stood out; the address box didn't have a name in it. How were they supposed to tell who in the dorm the package was for? Curious, Kyoko picked up the package and brought it in, placing it on the table.

"Hey, Asami, this package doesn't even have a name... I wonder if it was hand delivered or something?"

A Rainy Knight
2014-09-17, 06:46 PM
Miyuki scurries into the common room as if looking for something, and does a little start when she sees the parcel lying on the table between Kyoko and Asami. She walks over to the table, and makes her presence known with her timid voice.

"D-did you say a p-package without a name...? Um, c-can I see that for a moment? ...P-please?"

Kioku
2014-09-17, 07:15 PM
Asami shrugs and gestures in a 'have at it' motion, and starts opening her letter.

banthesun
2014-09-18, 03:38 AM
"Ah, sure! Sorry, there you go." Kyoko says, stepping back. She hadn't heard Miyuki come down, and was a bit embarrased to have been looking at her mail.

A Rainy Knight
2014-09-19, 06:03 PM
Miyuki takes the package off the table, feels its weight in her hands, and then holds it to her chest with a soft giggle.

"Heh. H-hehehe. He brought it... he really b-brought it! H-haha! Even he can't resist my l-little sister charm!"

Tucking the package under her arm, she blushes a bit when she looks around and remembers that there were witnesses to her little outburst.

banthesun
2014-09-20, 10:05 AM
Kyoko didn't even think Miyuki's reaction could be her forgetting the other two were there, and she took it as a sign that Miyuki was open to discuss the delivery.

"Who brought what?" she asks with a raised eyebrow.

Kioku
2014-09-20, 10:36 AM
Asami looks up from her letter opening and lets out a giggle. With a gentle, encouraging smile at Miyuki, she gestures for the latter to sit on the couch next to her if she wants. "Of course he can't resist your charm, I don't think anybody can." I have no clue who this he is. Does Miyuki have a brother? Instead of voicing this, Asami winks and asks genuinely, "This something you'd prefer to open in private? I'm sure we'd like it if you wanted to share, but it's understandable if not..."

A Rainy Knight
2014-09-20, 02:16 PM
Miyuki turns to answer Kyoko's question. "T-this? Big Brot- I m-mean, my older brother brought this by. I guess he hand-delivered it, so t-that's why there's no address written on it..."

She takes a seat on the couch and and starts opening the package with her hands, finding a little place to start a tear.

"It's some m-manga from back home. I forgot to bring it with me when I came here, then I felt like r-reading it all of a sudden... my, uh, older brother was in town, so I asked him to bring it to me if he got the chance. And he d-did!"

She grins, as she finally pulls a thick, well-kept manga from the package.

"H-hehe... Didn't even pop his head in the door. J-just like I expected."

banthesun
2014-09-21, 12:15 AM
Kyoko noticed that Asami was being rather more tactful than her, and for a moment felt embarrased. Thankfully, Miyuki did seem happy to explain what was going on. Kyoko voiced her approval.

"Ahh, it can be nice to reread old books sometimes. I didn't realise you meant actual little sister charm!" Kyoko laughed, craning her head to catch a look at the manga. "But, uh, your brother, is he, um, shy, like you?" she asked

A Rainy Knight
2014-09-21, 01:10 PM
The book in Miyuki's hands looks like a sizable volume of a shoujo manga. There's a high school girl on the front cover, surrounded by a group of handsome guys in school uniforms against a background of flower petals.

"Heh. Yeah, I'm his r-real little sister, that's for sure." She puts a finger to her chin and thinks. "Hmm... Big Br- my older brother isn't really shy, exactly... I mean, he doesn't t-talk much, but it's not because he's afraid to, or anything. He's like one of those cool, serious types."

Kioku
2014-09-21, 09:13 PM
Smiling at the apparent fact that Miyuki feels comfortable enough to sit and open the package around others, Asami scoots to get a better view of the book. "Sounds a bit like Hisashi," she comments idly. "That is pretty cool that he'd drop it off for you. Too bad he didn't get to meet your friends though." She bumps playfully against Miyuki, as a gentle reminder that she's no hikikomori anymore.

banthesun
2014-09-22, 12:12 AM
Kyoko didn't recognise the book, but she felt she could make some fairly accurate guesses as to its contents.

"So he's kinda the opposite, I guess," Kyoko mused, before letting out a giggle. "Eheh, sorry, I was just imagining him walking down the street with a volume of shojou manga under his arm. It sounds like you've got this 'little sister' thing under control!"

A Rainy Knight
2014-09-22, 08:38 AM
Miyuki grins back at Kyoko's comment. "H-hehe... well, that's probably why he went to the trouble of wrapping it up like this. B-but I bet he only agreed since he was gonna be in the area anyways, so maybe I can only count it as h-half a victory...?"

She leans back into the sofa cushions, and turns to Asami. "Hmm... I wonder if he's even interested in the kinds of p-people I'm meeting here?"

Kioku
2014-09-23, 09:35 AM
Asami raises an eyebrow at the implication and fiddles with the envelope in her hands. After that comment last week, and... well... half of your actions before it, I wonder if you are too. She ducks her head and hides behind the envelope to giggle at the unvoiced thought. "Sorry, sorry. I'd say count it as a full victory anyway. Though I have to wonder, what "kinds" of people are you meeting here?" She finishes the question with a playful wink to let Miyuki know that she doesn't mean to put her on the spot.

banthesun
2014-09-23, 11:03 AM
"I'd say count that as a full victory, imagine if someone asked him about it!"

Kyoko realised she didn't know anything about what he looked like. Did 'cool, serious types' cover people who looked like trouble makers? With a suspicious package like that it he'd likely be causing all sorts of suspicion if it did!

"What, does he meet people in bars and the like?" Kyoko asked jokingly.

Wait, if he isn't like that, then that probably wouldn't be funny. I guess I'll be able to tell based on how Miyuki reacts...

A Rainy Knight
2014-09-23, 05:14 PM
Miyuki giggles a little at Kyoko's question. "H-hee hee! M-maybe he does, I dunno. But I think he knows most of his g-guy friends through clubs and stuff, since he's studying at the university now."

And at Asami's question, she blushes. "Ah, t-that's... not how I meant that! It's just, uh... our relationship's a little funny, maybe. I mean, I l-love him, and I think he l-loves me too, but I don't think we really know how to talk to each other. He just h-helps me out from time to time, and I, uh..." Her expression turns glum for a moment, but she soon perks back up again. "Well, now he can impress all his guy friends on his phone, being all like 'h-hey, look, my little sister's a cute high school girl!' H-hehe... As if."

Kioku
2014-09-23, 06:50 PM
Asami shrugs and finally pulls her letter out of its envelope, pretending not to hear the 'as if'. "I bet he was already doing that anyway. You're definitely cute enough that I'd be impressed," she comments with a shrug as though it were obvious, and starts reading the letter. She might be embarrassed if I... "Actually, we have quite a lot of cuteness running around this dorm. Alice is pretty cute, particularly when excited about new books. Tsubaki is really cute no matter what she's doing. I'd call Kyoko cute too, but oop- she's here and I wouldn't want to embarrass both of you with the truth at once!" She giggles and seems just about to continue, when something in the letter stops her words dead in their tracks.

banthesun
2014-09-23, 11:49 PM
"Maybe he'd be telling everyone, or maybe he'd want to keep you all for himself!"

Kyoko imagined that if she'd been more like Asami she would have punctuated that statement with a hug. As she was, she just hoped the meaning would come across the same with just her big smile.

In response to Asami's comment about being cute, Kyoko let out a small "Noooooooooo!" She was obviously just teasing, but Kyoko thought it was rather sweet anyway.

Mokou-tan
2014-09-24, 02:21 PM
Tsubaki suddenly leaps in through the window as if summoned. "I heard my name, what's going on in here?" Her hair is a mess and her naginata is slung across her back as usual.

A Rainy Knight
2014-09-24, 02:40 PM
Miyuki blushes from all the attention and clasps her hands in her lap with a little smile. She jolts with surprise when Tsubaki suddenly enters, but soon turns to Asami with a curious look on her face.

"What're you r-reading, Asami?"

Kioku
2014-09-24, 06:29 PM
Asami's attention is forcefully pulled by the movement at the window and she points accusingly at Tsubaki. "See? Exactly as I said, cute in any circumstances!" She gives no thought to the point of entry, as windows are perfectly normal to her - first floor ones less so, but even so. She seems prepared to continue pointing until Miyuki's question breaks whatever is holding back the torrent of giggles about the fortuitous timing. "Hmm? Oh, this... right... ah..." Just like that, she's back to reading it again, seemingly at a loss for words or else disbelieving the contents. "Well, it's just... apparently... huh." She passes the letter to Miyuki.

Hey, Heartbreaker.

Long time no write, huh? Sorry I haven't been in touch the last month, med school piles on the work from the start. Hope you're settled in, dad told me the details about that scholarship. Came out of nowhere, huh? Maybe it means you'll end up trying to be a doctor like me! ... A guy can dream, can't he? Speaking of dreams, how many poor souls have you turned down so far at your new school so far? When I heard about that thing last year with the VP, I couldn't stop laughing for days, so thanks for that. It'll be hard to top, but I'm sure you'll find a way.

Anyway, sending you a letter does have a point besides catching up. Prepare yourself! Prepared? PREPARE HARDER! Good. Now forget your preparations because they weren't enough - I'm getting married! Yeah! I know! I've been seeing 純子 (Junko) for 3 years (you know the one, medium brown hair, smile you could die for - well, I could anyway, you're too young) and I finally asked her last week! Sorry you have to find out this way, I wanted to see your face but she veto'd and said it'd be better to send letters to everyone. Dad will probably be finding out about the same time as you, I can't wait to get the phone call from him.

We haven't got a date set for the wedding yet, but it'll probably be July or August, during your summer break. I'm counting on you to show up, little sis! Oh, and bring as many friends as you want; I think Amelia is getting a touch of empty-nest and you'll be staying at home while there. Preferably no more than a couple of prospects though, I don't want to sort through them or deal with conflicts. Just kidding! We all know they'd have to be friendly enough that they wouldn't start any trouble, if have any hope of breaking through that icy heart.

All my best,
Kimura Hisashi

banthesun
2014-09-25, 03:25 AM
Tsubaki's entrance caught Kyoko totally by surprise. It was perhaps something to be expected from such an energetic girl, but Kyoko almost fell out of her seat.

"Huh- ah- wha- Tsubaki!? What- where you listening outside?"

A Rainy Knight
2014-10-01, 10:03 PM
Miyuki glances over the letter, then hands it back to Asami with a curious look on her face.

"...Huh. What're you g-gonna do, Asami?"

Kioku
2014-10-02, 03:01 AM
Asami reads over the letter again and puts it on the table for the others to read before falling backward on the couch and turning her head to answer Miyuki's question. "I... I don't really know. Go to the wedding, I guess. He may be 8 years older than me and born of a different mother, but he's still my brother, no matter how he tried to act like an uncle or something when I was younger."

Mokou-tan
2014-10-02, 02:57 PM
Tsubaki lets out a laugh at Kyoko's accusation. "Come on, Kyoko-chan, do I look like the kind of person who would skulk around outside the window?" Seeing the letter placed on the table, she looks it over quickly, picking out the important bits. "Now this is interesting. A wedding. Congratulations on the future addition to your family, Asami-chan."

Tsubaki always uses people's given names when she knows them or nicknames she gives people, even if not that close. It's rude but she doesn't really care because, to her, it's you that's important to know, not your family.

banthesun
2014-10-03, 03:06 AM
"Ah, no, no. You just surprised me though!"

Kyoko steadied herself back onto the couch with a wary look at Tsubaki. She wasn't sure if she was supposed to read the letter, but she turned to Asami. "A wedding? Congratulations!"

Kioku
2014-10-03, 05:54 PM
"A wedding," Asami confirms with a nod, still a little dumbstruck. "This feels very sudden. Hisashi barely ever talks to me about important or personal things anymore, only things that look or sound important or personal. I'm not the type that he'd want to 'show off to his friends'," she says with a wink at Miyuki and a small laugh at the end.