PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Small winged fey (?) race, no LA?

Harlot
2014-09-13, 11:35 AM
Hello there

My homie had this character, two campaigns back, which was app. 1 foot tall, (small?) winged and possibly fey. We think it had no LA. It was humanoid, so not a monster, and we don't think templates were used.
He used it for some sort of caster.

He likes the build, but has completely lost his character sheet from thence ... so:
Does anyone in here have any idea what race it could have been? Or suggestion for races fitting the description above?

sideswipe
2014-09-13, 11:41 AM
the only thing i can think of as +0 la fey is a small creature like a halfling with the unseelie fey template from drag mag.

Zaq
2014-09-13, 11:43 AM
Are you maybe thinking of the anthropomorphic bat, from Savage Species? It's small, has no LA, and has wings, though it's not fey. The only fey race I can think of with no LA is the killoren, from Races of the Wild, but it's Medium and wingless. Oh, and I think the jermlaine has no LA, and it's Tiny, but it's wingless.

You might be thinking of the Petal, from MM3. They're Tiny, they're fey, and they fly, but they've got +2 LA, and they're only supposed to be cohorts, not PCs.

You could slap the Unseelie Fey template (Dragon Compendium) on an existing Tiny race, like the muckdweller or the jermlaine. I'm pretty sure Unseelie Fey gives you wings, or at least, it can. It's considered kinda cheesy, since the Unseelie Fey template offers a whole lot of really nice benefits for absolutely no cost, but it's an option if you're okay with that sort of thing.

Wacky89
2014-09-13, 11:46 AM
well all fey is fey funny enough :D
Unseelie fey also turns you fey

Harlot
2014-09-13, 12:27 PM
Thanks for helping.
We really are not sure about it being fey (at least I am not) but we are pretty sure it's humanoid, sure that it has wings from the very start, and that there's no LA.
I don't think it was the anthro-bat - we wouldn't have known about that option - but thanks for the idea, because we might end up using that one.

nedz
2014-09-13, 12:39 PM
There's Kenku (MM3), who are small and Raven like — but they have arms instead of Wings, though IIRC they had wings in previous editions.

Also Phanaton (small, flying squirrel-like humanoids) DR339 p62 and DR351 p71.

Raptoran (RotW) Medium size and can fly.

Pixie Small, can fly, but LA+4 or +6.

A Kobold, with the correct feats etc., can grow Dragon Wings.

Tarlek Flamehai
2014-09-13, 08:54 PM
Hengeyokai, Crane
Animal Spirit Shapechanger/Humanoid. Check it out over at dndtools.eu.

Harlot
2014-09-17, 04:41 AM
My homie found the papers last night. Turned out the race was something called a Windling.
It was statted out and looked photocopied off a printed book, som not homebrew, so maybe from some other gamesystem all together. I cant seem to find it anywhere, might be very old.

ranagrande
2014-09-17, 05:05 AM
My google-fu shows that is from a game called Earthdawn.

Harlot
2014-09-17, 05:10 AM
Aha. Your google fo is better than mine. Ive never heard of Earthdawn, so wouldn't know if the systems are compatible - if the windling is balanced or not.
It doesn't have LA, but then again, if LA is not even a concept i that system, I wouldn't know if it should have LA in 3.5.
Since so many other options have been listed here, we'll go for something else, I think.