PDA

View Full Version : Samurai, UA Bloodlines, and Ronin

Kevingway
2014-09-13, 01:05 PM
Hey guys,

I'm curious to know how the interaction between UA Bloodlines and trading in Samurai levels for Ronin would work. Bloodlines are usually used to increase level-dependent benefits of classes, and I would classify the minimum requirement of trading Samurai into Ronin to be one of those. Am I wrong in assuming that?

Let's say you're a level 8 Samurai with 3 levels of Bloodline. Could you, then, become a 10th level Ronin with no class levels of Samurai? The exercise here is to try to end up with no levels of Samurai and only levels in a prestige class, and I feel that, even if Bloodlines do not work, perhaps Legacy Champion or Uncanny Trickster would? I would avoid becoming a 10th level character without the appropriate experience to have become one, since that's definitely cheesy, but getting rid of base class levels seems like a viable pursuit. Can also be done with Paladins and Blackguards, but I'm more interested in Ronin at the moment.

On that note, are there any others besides Paladin & Blackguard that can do such a thing?