PDA

View Full Version : Wind and Debris

Ruethgar
2014-09-13, 04:46 PM
Are there any rules to cover projectiles from wind? Like if you cast gust of wind in a field full of darts, as far as I can see from the rules, they don't move an inch but it can blow away an eagle and send a child tumbling backward.

Kevingway
2014-09-13, 07:18 PM
I feel like you'd be safe using telekinesis rules for this sort of thing.

Troacctid
2014-09-13, 09:25 PM
"In addition to the effects noted, a gust of wind can do anything that a sudden blast of wind would be expected to do. It can create a stinging spray of sand or dust, fan a large fire, overturn delicate awnings or hangings, heel over a small boat, and blow gases or vapors to the edge of its range."

Does that cover it?

Ruethgar
2014-09-13, 09:59 PM
Yes, for gust of wind specifically, but not other severe winds. Also it does not give a method for determining how much damage a dagger propelled by wind might do. Using the telekinesis option might be fine for creatures using winds like that, but not naturally occurring winds. I suppose one could always use the old 3.0 rules for item sizes and then treat them as creatures and apply falling object damage according to their movement.

Troacctid
2014-09-13, 10:17 PM
How about Scatterspray?

"You can point to a collection of little, unsecured items and cause them to fly off in all directions simultaneously. The spray of items creates a burst with a 10-foot radius. If the items are fairly hard or sharp (such as stones, sling bullets, coins, or the like), creatures in the burst take 1d8 points of damage. A successful Reflex save negates this damage. Eggs, fruit, and other soft objects can be used, but the damage then dealt is nonlethal damage."