PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder ACG Gestalt

Nerdtothe3rd
2014-09-13, 11:27 PM
Alright ladies and gentlemen of the playground,

I wanted to make a very clever martial character. Not really looking for heavy optimizing but I do like this idea of someone like Chuck Norris or at least his Walker persona on TV.
Someone who can fight really well but is at heart a very clever mind as well not just some big lug throwing haymakers.

So I am gestalting the Brawler and the Investigator classes together.
What does this give me?
d10 Hit Dice
6+Int skills
Full BAB
Acrobatics (Dex), Appraise (Int), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disable Device (Dex), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Handle Animal (Cha), Heal (Wis), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (all) (Int), Linguistics (Int), Perception (Wis), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spellcraft (Int), Stealth (Dex), Swim (Str), and Use Magic Device (Cha). As Class Skills (In short ALL class skills except Fly and Survival)
All Good Saves
Improved Unarmed Strike (1d6 for Unarmed Strike)
Counts as both a Fighter and a Monk for the purpose of combat feats.
Access to interesting talent abilities
Access to Extracts (Self buffs anyone?)

The Archetypes I am taking are the Steel-Breaker Brawler Archetype and the Empiricist for the Investigator.

Can someone help me with ideas for feats (Including for Martial Flexibility) and which extracts to focus on?

The Ravensong
2014-09-14, 12:24 AM
If you're interested in ToB style material; DSP just released Path of War, which has some interesting unarmed options in it.
As far as feats go, to represent having a clever noggin as well as a killer right hook, you may want to consider the combination of Quick Reconnoiter and Deft Strike. Deft Strike lets you make a spot check (standard action) with a DC of your opponents AC in order to make your next attack against them ignore their armor and natural armor bonuses. Quick Reconnoiter lets you make spot and listen checks every round as a free action. If they interact like I believe they do, this will let you open up your attacks with a deft strike every round and still full attack. And what Chuck Norris style build would be complete without Flying Kick and Roundabout Kick?
If you're able to grab Lion Tribe Warrior, I'd suggest also taking powerful charge and greater powerful charge so your character can pounce into close combat and roll a tonne of dice with Flying Kick, Greater Powerful Charge, and the RDJ Sherlock Holmes style combat granted by Quick Reconnoiter and Deft Strike.
Elusive Target from Complete Warrior is golden for a brawling character for multiple reasons.
1) Negate Power attack, the target of your dodge feat doesn't get bonus damage from power attack anymore
2) If the target of your dodge is flanking you, their first attack of the round ALWAYS misses, and instead has a chance to hit the person they're flanking you with
3) Any time you provoke an attack of opportunity for moving out of a threatened square and your opponent misses you (which can be engineered with number 2) you get a free trip attempt.
So, lets say, hypothetically, it's your turn. You've declared a charge against Thug A and have to go through Thug B and C's threatened areas to get there. You can target thug B for dodge, and when they both take swings at you, Thug B auto misses you automatically and may hit Thug C. You now get to trip Thug B for free. If you also have improved Trip, you get to give him a boot to the head for good measure. If Thug C also misses, you get to trip and boot him too. And then you get to continue resolving your charge against Thug A rolling your full attack charge at him, with your first attack ignoring his armor & natural armor and hopefully getting a crit in there so you can roundhouse roundabout kick him in the face. Just like Sherlock Chan, Texas Ranger.

avr
2014-09-14, 05:03 AM
For extracts, long arm, acute senses, heroism and monstrous physique II stand out as useful to a guy who wants to fight intelligently. Extra reach is always a good thing, as is extra information. Heroism buffs everything, and MP II is an amazing toolkit which doesn't mess with you the way beast shape does.