PDA

View Full Version : [PF] The Ultimate Team

Feint's End
2014-09-14, 12:38 AM
I read through ultimate psionics once more and the tactician power list got me wondering. How would you build a group focused entirely on team synergy? I don't mean the cheap teamwork stuff but the entire group built around the premise of having as much synergy as possible.

What I have so far (not that this is more of a thought experiment than anything else ... though I bet it would be fun to play):
-Tactician: obviously you want buffs like battlesense and transformation + there are some great strategies (free move, Boni to ac, etc)
-Hunter: already a team player to hunter with his pet will be the striker. Their synergy will be multiplied through buffs
-Vitalist: I know it is another class with a collective but there are just too many things you want to have. Sharing healing around the collective is great as are some exclusive buffs you get. You also want cushion the blow to shield your allies from damage.

any other suggestions? A bard would probably be a good addition too but aside from inspire courage they don't offer as much for a synergy team.

thoughts?

Jigawatts
2014-09-14, 12:57 AM
Any other suggestions?
A Warlord (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/classes/warlord) from Path of War.

Sayt
2014-09-14, 01:13 AM
Warlord is a good suggestion, especially one with the Golden Lion discipline, providing strike power and force multiplication.

As for utilit: Warlords give you social skills, Hunter's have tracking and survival, as much as you can do without divination. Vitalist or Tactician can pick up tele/psycho-portation and possibly anti-magic/psi stuff as well.

Cavalier might also be able to do some duty with their tactician ability, but I think generally the Hunter and Tactican are better at that.

After that, I think there's a need for a high-skill character, so I'm going to suggest the Slayer, as it benefits more from the Tactician and Warlord in the party than a rogue.

Feint's End
2014-09-14, 01:27 AM
Warlord is a good suggestion, especially one with the Golden Lion discipline, providing strike power and force multiplication.

As for utilit: Warlords give you social skills, Hunter's have tracking and survival, as much as you can do without divination. Vitalist or Tactician can pick up tele/psycho-portation and possibly anti-magic/psi stuff as well.

Cavalier might also be able to do some duty with their tactician ability, but I think generally the Hunter and Tactican are better at that.

After that, I think there's a need for a high-skill character, so I'm going to suggest the Slayer, as it benefits more from the Tactician and Warlord in the party than a rogue.

Warlord seems like a good idea indeed. The group needs a main front liner and warlord offers a lot of utility.

So we have
-main frontliner = warlord
-striker= hunter
-heal+buffs+defense = vitalist
-buffs+bfc = tactician

We need a skill monkey that's true. Any particular reason a slayer works that well? I didn't bother looking into that class for more than 5 minutes but IIRC they don't have a lot of teamwork synergy.

This is a tough one. Any ideas?

Also@ tactician archetype. I don't feel like just having teamwork feats to share is enough to qualify being in this group. They all offer much more than just some feats (maybe aside from the Hunter but the class just has so much synergy)