PDA

View Full Version : Desperate Defiance - A new Phyrexia Solo Game

Re'ozul
2014-09-14, 11:01 AM
You wake up from your slumber.
Instantly, the sick sweet stench of rotting meat and blood assaults your nose, though by now you have gotten used to it.
You roll the phyrexian carcass off you, as you take a quick look around. While unlikely, the dead scout could have been joined by its 'bretheren'.
To your luck however, that has not been the case, though the sight you behold is nearly as dreary.
The Razor Fields used to be a splendid miracle of mirrodin creation, gleaming metal as far as the eye could see.
Now it is marred, punctured by disgusting growths, shattered by bone and leaking ungodly fluids.
The last attack has left you with a mere two allies.
A small double-clap and the hexagons next to you shift, two gold myr's climbing out of the ground. You can see the sickly skin of new phyrexia beneath them, and splotches of black along one's leg, the beginning of phyresis. A quick calculation shows him to have maybe 3 more days before it will reach its mind.

Bladehold is perhaps 2 days away. Maybe you could find some rest there.
Though you wonder wether you have earned it. Your counterattack was broken in amere 2 hours of battle.
You hope that others may have managed to escape Elesh Norn's words and her follower's claws, but hope is a commodity in small supply these days.

http://archive.wizards.com/global/images/mtgcom_arcana_424_pic1_en.jpg
http://media-dominaria.cursecdn.com/avatars/thumbnails/17/908/200/283/220366.full.jpg
http://media.wizards.com/images/magic/daily/arcana/541_goldmyr_som.jpg

Tjallen
2014-09-14, 12:11 PM
Noticing the splotches of black I reach out to the Myr and let my faith surge forth to help in combating the phyresis.
"That should slow down the spread, hopefully it will be enough till we can have an artificer take a look at it. Now, Bladehold is not too far try to keep hidden as well as you can."
I start walking in the direction I remember Bladehold being in, taking care not to look too closely at the growths marring the landscape.
After walking a couple minutes in silence I glance at the infected Myr: "Let me know if the growth starts speeding up, we will have to renew the magic, hopefully you can supply me with enough essence to keep it slowed."

Re'ozul
2014-09-17, 09:43 AM
The Gold Myr chirps his agreement as you start your trek towards Bladehold.

It soon becomes clear that you are walking in the right direction.
The Razorfields become less and less infected. They are still far from their old splendor, but the infestation is reduced to splotches rather than be all-encompassing.
Sadly it seems even here the fight is slowly being lost as you come can see a downed group of two, well rather one and a half Leonin corpses at the edge of an infested region.

You ponder the situation. There does not appear to be a heavy enemy presence nearby, but that may be a ruse, yet if it were not, the corpses may still hold valuable equipment.

Tjallen
2014-09-17, 09:52 AM
Walking towards the corpses I lift four gold coins from my purse.
"Keep a lookout, I'll give our fallen brothers their last rites after I salvage what can be salvaged."
As I get closer I get ready to remove any useful equipment.

Re'ozul
2014-09-17, 09:57 AM
Looking for Equipment? Give me perception check.

Tjallen
2014-09-17, 10:04 AM
Looking for equipment and other things that might be useful. [roll0]

Re'ozul
2014-09-17, 10:10 AM
You see none of their posessions remaining, bar a few rags that make a mocking attempt at covering them.
Yet, while the bisected Leonin is decaying as one would expect, the more whole one seems ... strange.
The chest and arms seem far more pronounced than they would have any right to be, if their flesh was rotting away.
They appear almost ... armored. As if bone itself had been draped over flesh and solidified.

Tjallen
2014-09-17, 10:23 AM
I look around for any signs of ambush, apart from the soon to be decapitated leonin.

"Ambush, stay close."

I briefly pause and call my armor, shield and sword into being as I get within striking distance of the leonin.

[roll0]

Re'ozul
2014-09-17, 10:28 AM
You see a tiny glint of wet metal from somewhere within the bisected Leonin's Ribcage.

Tjallen
2014-09-17, 10:34 AM
Is leaving the dead alone really too much to ask. I grimly think to myself as I swing my sword to decapitate the first leonin before turning and walking over to the other corpse to investigate the metal.

Re'ozul
2014-09-17, 10:56 AM
Your attempt at decaptation comes up short as your blade is deflected by a suddenly lifted claw.
Simultaneously, the presumed dead Leonin's other arm, now elngated into a gleaming bonespur comes up to drive itself into you.

Attack from Prone:
[roll0] vs your AC
[roll1] piercing damage
If hit, make a DC 14 Fort save and roll a d2

At the same time, the other's ribcage seemingly explodes as two very small horrors of claws and metal crash into you.

You get one AoO against one of the tiny ones.

They try to attack you:
[roll2] for 1 point of damage, if hit roll a DC 11 Fort save and a d2.
[roll3] for 1 point of damage, if hit roll a DC 11 Fort save and a d2.

http://img.aegen.nl/NPH/Lost%20Leonin.jpg
http://media.wizards.com/images/magic/daily/stf/stf108_ichorclaw.jpg

Tjallen
2014-09-17, 11:02 AM
I lash out at one of the horrors as they attack, thankful for my armor.

[roll0] for [roll1]

[roll2]

Re'ozul
2014-09-17, 11:12 AM
Leonin: [roll0]
Tiny thing 1: [roll1]
Tiny thing 2: [roll2]

Re'ozul
2014-09-17, 11:16 AM
As your blade cuts deep into one of the tiny constructs, they reposition themselves and attempt to slash into weakspots in your armor.

tiny 1 attack 1: [roll0] for 1 slashing damage, if hit roll a DC 11 Fort save and a d2.
tiny 1 attack 2: [roll1] for 1 slashing damage, if hit roll a DC 11 Fort save and a d2.

tiny 2 attack 1: [roll2] for 1 slashing damage, if hit roll a DC 11 Fort save and a d2.
tiny 1 attack 2: [roll3] for 1 slashing damage, if hit roll a DC 11 Fort save and a d2.

Re'ozul
2014-09-17, 11:18 AM
Potential Crit:
[roll0]

Tjallen
2014-09-17, 11:36 AM
Gritting my teeth as the claws find holes in my I send a thought to the divine spirit and feel the accompanying boost of strength that follows I channel my righteous fury into my sword, light infusing it as I strike towards the prone form of the infected leonin.

[roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]

Activate divine spirit (Fervor) as free action. 4/5 rounds left before having to be recast.

Resounding smite:
[roll4] for [roll5]
Target: Reflex dc 15 or be blown back 10 feet and knocked prone. On successful save: Only blown back.
Evil creatures within 30ft: Reflex dc 15 or take half damage and be blown back 10 feet and knocked prone. Successful save: negate damage and only blown back.
If the smite hits, DOUBLE STRIKE:
[roll6] for [roll]1d8+3d6+18

Re'ozul
2014-09-17, 11:43 AM
Reflex Saves:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Re'ozul
2014-09-17, 11:49 AM
With resounding crash, the local ground heaves as the Leonin breaks apart. Its carcass spreads messily over the area behind its previous resting place.
The tiny critters are pushed back by the shockwave, but appear no worse than they had been just now.
Yet they do not renew their attack, instead skittering off into the section of infested Field.

Tjallen
2014-09-17, 12:07 PM
"Using bodies as weapons, disgraceful." I snort as I cut the bonespur out of the leonin, before picking it up and banishing it along with my armor and shield, keeping my sword on me as I resume the walk towards Bladehold, motioning for the Myr to follow.

Re'ozul
2014-09-21, 11:40 AM
As you continue your trek towards Bladehold, you notice a bobbing far far to your left.
A short pause in your step and a squinted look, reveals it to likely be two large creatures coming in your general direction.

Tjallen
2014-09-22, 05:59 AM
Calling my armor and shield from the ring I turn to face the creatures: "I'll deal with these two, just make sure to hide so you don't get ambushed."

Re'ozul
2014-09-22, 06:43 AM
As your companions scurry off deeper into the blades, you wait with baited breath for the indistinct blobs to come closer.
Soon you can see them better. It appear to be two large hulking golems. Blades are sticking out of them every which angle.
They have two humanoids between them. Judging by their gait, it is unlikely they are prisoners. Further they seem to have been augmented.

As they get to about 200 yards from you, you can see that they are not in fact angling towards you. They appear to be marching on a path perpendicular to your own and will likely pass you at some 250 feet distance. Though they do appear to have a goal as their straight line of march does not imply a simple patrol.

http://img.aegen.nl/NPH/Blade%20Splicer.jpg

Tjallen
2014-09-22, 07:29 AM
As I notice the two augmented I start moving to position myself between them and where they are going.

If they have a goal more important than attacking, it will be worth it to disrupt it.

As they come closer I wave at them, sword in hand, on the off chance that they are friendly.

Re'ozul
2014-09-22, 08:16 AM
As they notice you, the two large golems come between you and the humanoids.
They are clearly agressive, yet seem wary.

Tjallen
2014-09-22, 08:34 AM
Walking to about 40 feet of them I hail them and shout to them: "Since you are pretty outmatched, care to give me a reason why I should ignore you instead of dealing with you?"

Depending on whether it is true or not, Bluff [roll0] or diplomacy [roll1] or maybe both.

Re'ozul
2014-09-22, 09:12 AM
They seem doubtful for a moment, before raising their arms, immediately followed by dropping them and letting loose a keening wail.
At this seemingly programmed signal, the two golems charge you.

[roll0] for [roll1] damage
[roll2] for [roll3] damage

The damage counts as all of bludgeoning, slashing and piercing.

Tjallen
2014-09-22, 10:16 AM
Blocking both attacks with my shield I laugh at their attempt to hurt me, before settling for going through the golems instead of around them. I call upon the spirit still hanging around and prepare to smash the first golem to bits as my sword starts vibrating with barely controlled force as I swing for the golem, already planning the followup that will allow me to strike at a weak point.

Smite evil [roll0] for [roll1] Reflex dc 15 or knocked prone, knocked back 10 feet regardless. Enemies within 30 ft relex save or take half damage and be knocked prone, regardless knocked back 10 feet.
Follow up double strike if it hits: [roll2] for [roll3] + [roll4]
Rounds left on spirit: 3/5

Re'ozul
2014-10-18, 11:41 AM
Reflex Saves:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Re'ozul
2014-10-18, 11:51 AM
The target of your wrath utilizes the very blow that hurt it, to keep itself upright. Cracks weave through its surface, yet it moves once more towards you and attacks.

[roll0] for [roll1]
[roll2] for [roll3]

The other, having no force to stem itself against, flounders and falls. However, this is remedied instantly as it executes a strange rolling maneuver back on its feet and moves away from you towards the humanoids.

Re'ozul
2014-10-18, 11:54 AM
Possible crit:
[roll0] for [roll1]

Tjallen
2014-10-19, 06:00 PM
As one of the blows slip past my guard and connects painfully a bright light leaps towards the attacker, deciding that the humanoids needs to go down before the golems I take a swing at the golem and set off towards the humanoids, readying my shield to catch the unavoidable counterattack.

Aura of retribution: 10 damage returned to the golem.
Power attacking for 5[roll]1d20+13[roll] for [roll0] damage.
Then moving towards the humanoids 30ft provoking an AoO, trying to put myself so I can charge next round.
Edit:: God damn it ... Could you roll an extra d20 to see if it lands?

Tjallen
2014-10-20, 05:24 AM
Let the good d20 not be a one also characterlimit. The attack roll from before! [roll0]

Re'ozul
2014-10-20, 05:44 AM
The Golem heaves, with its attempt to hurt you. Parts of it are beginning to break of as it seems to already be close to its limit.

[roll0] for [roll1]

The humanoids are huddling behind the other golem, which has taken up a defensive stance, seemingly readying itself for your attack.

Tjallen
2014-10-20, 07:33 AM
As the golem's attack connect another light shoots off, this one even brighter. Gritting my teeth I move up to the golem guarding my targets, careful not to let my guard down, and take a swing a the golem making sure I can get to the humanoids easily after downing the first monstrosity.

Reflecting the damage back at the first golem.
Moving up to the golem and taking a swing at it, placing myself so I can move around it next round. Attack: [roll0] for [roll1] Activating daring posture for cha to ac against all creatures with int 3.

Re'ozul
2014-10-20, 07:56 AM
As the retributive Force of your power demolishes the golem, you move towards the other.
Yet as you come in range, it truley is as ready as it seemed. Its arms come down on you, attempting to crush you.

[roll0] for [roll1] damage. (Readied action, It ignores your posture, as it is mindless)

Your own attack rings true however and causes gashes in the creatures material.
Both humanoids seem to be muttering, channeling energy into the golem as it attempts to crush you once more.

[roll2] for [roll3]
[roll4] for [roll5]

Tjallen
2014-10-20, 10:51 AM
Feeling the blow and the following beam of light I decide that the golem needs to die first I tap into my divine mandate and swing at the monstrosity lining up a second strike to take advantage of any unbalancing from the first hit.

Aura throwing back 8 damage at the golem.
Smiting the golem and following up with a second smite due to double strike.
Resounding smite:
[roll0] for [roll1]
Target: Reflex dc 15 or be blown back 10 feet and knocked prone. On successful save: Only blown back.
Evil creatures within 30ft: Reflex dc 15 or take half damage and be blown back 10 feet and knocked prone. Successful save: negate damage and only blown back.
If the smite hits, DOUBLE STRIKE (Also smite):
[roll2] for [roll3] + [roll4] If the sneak attack/smite attack hits the golem must make a will save of 18 or be dazed
rounds left on spirit: 1/5

Re'ozul
2014-10-20, 12:41 PM
Fun save action:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Re'ozul
2014-10-20, 12:45 PM
As your blow connects, both the golem and the humanoids get blown back. One is lucky and remains standing, but the other is pushed directly into the Razor Fields' 'vegetation'.
At least its death is swift.

The remaining golem, now heavily damaged, moves back to its feet and runs, the remaining humnoid vaulting atop it as it passes.

Tjallen
2014-10-20, 03:36 PM
Seeing the golem flee I start charging towards it, sword raised and glowing: "Oh no you don't, death is waiting for you." as I reach the golem I expend the last power of the spirit, empowering the blow.

Charging the golem and smiting it.
Smite evil! [roll0] for [roll1]
Evil creatures within 30ft: Reflex dc 15 or take half damage
Golem gets tripped, humanoid gets bullrushed towards something pointy.
[roll2] Strength check.

Re'ozul
2014-10-21, 04:37 PM
Reflex of Humanoid: [roll0]
Strenght of Humanoid: [roll1]
Strenght of Golem: [roll2]