PDA

View Full Version : How to Acquire Extraordinary Abilities?

Tarlek Flamehai
2014-09-14, 12:42 PM
I am looking for a way to tack on EX abilities without permanently changing my race. I am already aware of Factotum(19). Anyone have other suggestions without resulting DM fiat or homebrew?

Thanks in Advance

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-09-14, 12:46 PM
Illithid Savant in Savage Species, otherwise you'll need to specify what Ex abilities you want.

Thiyr
2014-09-14, 12:47 PM
Might help to know what abilities you're looking for. I can't think of any one-size-fits-all sorta methods, so if there's something in particular we can probably find -something-.

Tarlek Flamehai
2014-09-14, 01:13 PM
There wasn't one ability in particular. It looks like I am out of luck on then.

sleepyphoenixx
2014-09-14, 01:16 PM
Druids can get extraordinary abilities of animals, plants, dragons, aberrations and magical beasts with Enhance Wild Shape (SpC) and various wild shape feats.
Master of Many Forms can get those of a few more types.

eggynack
2014-09-14, 01:22 PM
Druids can get extraordinary abilities of animals, plants, dragons, aberrations and magical beasts with Enhance Wild Shape (SpC) and various wild shape feats.

Also humanoid and vermin, with fangshields and various resources respectively, and a couple of elementals, by way of standard druid power.

Nettlekid
2014-09-14, 01:25 PM
Manipulate Form.

Inevitability
2014-09-14, 02:42 PM
Also humanoid and vermin, with fangshields and various resources respectively, and a couple of elementals, by way of standard druid power.

Don't forget aberrations.

eggynack
2014-09-14, 02:59 PM
Don't forget aberrations.
That one was already on his list. His list does have all magical beasts where it should have ones with the cold subtype, however, and it's missing forms that just naturally grant extraordinary abilities like exalted forms and dragon forms.

sleepyphoenixx
2014-09-14, 03:36 PM
That one was already on his list. His list does have all magical beasts where it should have ones with the cold subtype, however, and it's missing forms that just naturally grant extraordinary abilities like exalted forms and dragon forms.

You can also get magical beasts with Exalted Wild Shape or Magical Beast Wild Shape if you're epic. Or outsiders and magical beasts with Planar Shepherd. But i did indeed forget Frozen Wild Shape, elementals and vermin.
Master Transmogrifist can get any extraordinary quality of any form you could assume with Polymorph or Shapechange (though you won't get 9th level spells unless you play epic or gestalt).

In short, shapeshifting is awesome in D&D.