PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Extra Panache (Am I reading it wrong?)

Nerdtothe3rd
2014-09-14, 12:45 PM
Ok so here is Extra Panache
Benefit: You gain two more panache points at the start of each day, and your maximum panache increases by two.

Special: If you have levels in the swashbuckler class, you can take this feat multiple times. Each time you do, these benefits increase by two.

Here is the Magus's Extra Arcane Pool
Benefit: Your arcane pool increases by 2.

Special: You can gain this feat multiple times. Its effects stack, granting you an increase to your arcane pool each time you take this feat.

Here is Monk's Extra Ki
Benefit: Your ki pool increases by 2.

Special: You can gain Extra Ki multiple times. Its effects stack.

So why did they add the bolded section above?
According to how it read to me was if I take this feat twice I gain 6 Panache (2+4(2+2))

grarrrg
2014-09-14, 12:59 PM
Ok so here is Extra Panache
Benefit: You gain two more panache points at the start of each day, and your maximum panache increases by two.
So why did they add the bolded section above?

The main difference is that Extra Panache was printed in the ACG.
And the ACG is horrendously edited, with a double extra helping of no proof-reading/fact-checking, with some stupidity on the side.

The likely intent is that it functions exactly the same as every single other "extra" ever, and just gives you +2 per feat.

nedz
2014-09-14, 01:06 PM
This looks like a classic dysfunction to me, who wants to do the honours ?

1pwny
2014-09-14, 01:15 PM
This looks like a classic dysfunction to me, who wants to do the honours ?

Of what, using this in a game and profiting? Or posting this in the dysfunctions thread?

Gorr_the_Gastly
2014-09-14, 01:21 PM
Yes ACG is a poorly proof-read piece of work, though I do enjoy it.
From the way I read it I agree with Nerdtothe3rd it seems to be the Font of Inspiration of Pathfinder.

Also remember Panache is for Martial features and abilities. Limiting Ki, Arcana Pool, etc is to limit magic or psuedo-magic.

nedz
2014-09-14, 02:46 PM
Of what, using this in a game and profiting? Or posting this in the dysfunctions thread?

The latter

Gorr_the_Gastly
2014-09-17, 09:37 AM
I would just like to point out the wording it not too far off Extra Grit, which I presume does stack with itself
Prerequisite: Grit class feature or the Amateur Gunslinger feat.

Benefit: You gain 2 extra grit points at the start of each day, and your maximum grit increases by 2.

Normal: If you are a gunslinger, you gain your Wisdom modifier in grit points at the start of each day, which is also your maximum grit. If you have the Amateur Gunslinger feat, you gain 1 grit point at the start of each day, and your maximum grit is equal to your Wisdom modifier.

Special: If you possess levels in the gunslinger class, you can take this feat multiple times.

So I think it kinda does?

Paintomancer
2014-09-17, 03:33 PM
You would still only get 4 Panache, as the benefits do not stack. You only get the Panache of the best copy of the feat (i.e. the last you've taken).

However, the later taken on copies of Extra Panache do grant you more Panache even if you lose the earlier taken copies or trade them in via Embrace the Dark Chaos :smallamused:

nedz
2014-09-17, 03:50 PM
You would still only get 4 Panache, as the benefits do not stack. You only get the Panache of the best copy of the feat (i.e. the last you've taken).

However, the later taken on copies of Extra Panache do grant you more Panache even if you lose the earlier taken copies or trade them in via Embrace the Dark Chaos :smallamused:

We know that this was the intent, but it isn't what they wrote. :smallsigh:

Sir Garanok
2014-09-17, 03:58 PM
Instead of saying its effect stack it says its effects are increased by 2.

Even if the second feat gives +4 it doesn't say the effects stack.

So no matter what its an extra +2 in my point of view.