PDA

View Full Version : Creating classes; advice needed.

Raphael Felidae
2014-09-14, 01:16 PM
So, I'm making classes, and for the most part, I know what I want to do with them. But I'm not sure how to go about applying the base attack bonus, or how to apply reflex, fortitude, and will saves for each level. I plan to have each one proficient in one type of the 3 saving throws, how should i go about applying bonuses for every level?

Archangel: Fortitude dominant

Archfiend: Reflex dominant

Arcane Mage: Will dominant

Ralcos
2014-09-14, 01:42 PM
I don't really understand what you're meaning by "bonuses", but I'd look at the base classes for inspiration on how Base Attack Bonus and Saving Throws progress.

http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/classes.htm

Amechra
2014-09-14, 03:08 PM
There are two "default" progressions for Saves.

Good progression is 1/2 Class Level + 2.
Poor progression is 1/3 Class Level.

In both cases, round down.

Similarly, there are three progressions for BAB:

Good BAB is equal to your Class Level.
Average BAB is equal to 3/4 of your Class Level.
Poor BAB is equal to 1/2 of your Class Level.

Amnoriath
2014-09-14, 08:48 PM
So, I'm making classes, and for the most part, I know what I want to do with them. But I'm not sure how to go about applying the base attack bonus, or how to apply reflex, fortitude, and will saves for each level. I plan to have each one proficient in one type of the 3 saving throws, how should i go about applying bonuses for every level?

Archangel: Fortitude dominant

Archfiend: Reflex dominant

Arcane Mage: Will dominant

Generally the rule of thumb with base saves is give them two good ones and one bad one unless they can get some bonuses through class features or powers according to what Amercha says.

Raphael Felidae
2014-09-15, 12:17 AM
Well, I did one for the archangel class, I just need to figure out the abilities then I can probably show you an example of what I've put down for the BAB and saving throws.