PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Skype Mapping

Threadnaught
2014-09-14, 01:40 PM
Circa, one of my players has brought up the point that he'd like to have a form of visual stimulation when it comes to the future campaign, and possibly the current one too.

Is there an easy to use software I could use to create and control maps over a Skype based game?

OldTrees1
2014-09-14, 01:57 PM
choosing-a-virtual-tabletop (http://rpgvirtualtabletop.wikidot.com/choosing-a-vt)

Pretty much any of these would work in addition to your Skype audio chat.

Threadnaught
2014-09-14, 04:14 PM
I'm leaning toward Fantasy Grounds, though I'm going to wait for my players to weigh in themselves. Only those with an account here get a vote. Hint, hint.

To make things a little easier for two DMs, are there any decent resources for Eberron for any of those?

ekarney
2014-09-14, 05:06 PM
Personally, I'm all for the idea and I'm not too fussed as to which one you use.

If you can find one that lets you display lasting AOE spells that would be helpful.

Ksheep
2014-09-14, 05:24 PM
Our group has been using Roll20 and it seems to work fairly well for us. While some of the premium features would be nice to use, it is quite usable with the free version. Just be sure to turn off the "send/receive voice/video" if you're using Skype.

Circa
2014-09-14, 09:17 PM
Personally, I'm all for the idea and I'm not too fussed as to which one you use.

If you can find one that lets you display lasting AOE spells that would be helpful.

Whatever gets decided, we need to keep in mind a few things:

1. House rules. If the system doesn't allow it, it'll make it a lot harder for our characters.

2. Variant rulebooks. We do have a tendency to pick and choose feats for a lot of different sources.

3. Customized races. A lot of our characters aren't your traditional dwarf/elf/human.

Fantasy Grounds DOES look pretty good, but does it allow those things without having to pay too much?