PDA

View Full Version : Binder Necromancer

Heliomance
2014-09-14, 02:07 PM
Is this a thing that's possible? I want to make a Binder Necromancer, but I don't think there's actually much way for them to get access to such things. The only undead-themed vestige seems to be Acererak, and I don't think he gives actual undead creation. I suppose there's always UMD...

malonkey1
2014-09-14, 02:09 PM
You could dip a Necromancy-capable class (I'm a fan of Dread Necromancer from Heroes of Horror), and then jump into Anima Mage.

Silva Stormrage
2014-09-14, 05:14 PM
You could dip a Necromancy-capable class (I'm a fan of Dread Necromancer from Heroes of Horror), and then jump into Anima Mage.

This is probably your best bet unless you want to go pure UMD necromancer which doesn't work that well.

Another class you COULD take would be horned harbinger from Faiths and Pantheons. Easy prerequisites and 2nd level gives animate dead 1/day.

Coidzor
2014-09-14, 05:39 PM
I suppose a homebrew vestige that gave some ability to get something similar to the Necrocarnum Zombie that progressed by Binder level might not be too jarring a departure from the rest of binding. Maybe a lesser ability that's basically equivalent to the Warlock's temporary skeleton/zombie animating invocation... Hmm...

Xaktsaroth
2014-09-14, 06:26 PM
Made one awhile ago, backed up with some divine spellcasting punch. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=13081297&postcount=2)

Rhaegar14
2014-09-14, 06:49 PM

Pretty much this. As far as undead-based vestiges go, don't forget Tenebrous, who gives Rebuke Undead (which, when you're a Dread Necromancer, makes your effective Binder level stack with your DN level for how many HD of undead you can command). You could even work in a one-level dip of Tenebrous Apostate so he's permanently bound to you.

Vortenger
2014-09-14, 07:47 PM
Tenebrous is a dead god, right? Then yes, you can!

Binder/Ur-priest (Dead God adaption)/ Tenebrous Apostate (the class that was built to do what you want, right there in ToM). 18th level binding, 9th level divine spells. Rebuke/Command Undead once every 5 rounds for fun. After blowing your load on DMM, that is. Feel free to add the Divine adaption of Anima Mage for the win.

edit: Tenebrous is a better undead themed vestige than Acererak for most users, simply because of the spammable Rebuke feature. (pairs well with Devotion feats, as well)

Psyren
2014-09-14, 11:16 PM
Anima Priest (Anima Mage divine adaptation) into Tenebrous Apostate is another great way to mix cleric and binder.

Vortenger
2014-09-16, 05:26 PM
Anima Priest (Anima Mage divine adaptation) into Tenebrous Apostate is another great way to mix cleric and binder.

Why do you have to say what I said in such a succinct manner? It draws attention to my blathering ways and makes me small in the fallopian tubes.