PDA

View Full Version : E6 Mystic Ranger build - anything I missed?

Extra Anchovies
2014-09-14, 02:40 PM
Currently I'm building a Mystic Ranger for an E6 game, and am wondering if you guys have any tips for ways I could improve the build any further. Stipulation: I'm going to be playing a human, and will be taking all six levels in Mystic Ranger. So I'm mostly looking for help with ability scores, feats, skills, and ACFs.

Here's what I have at the moment:

ACFs: Wild Shape Ranger (UA), Arcane Hunter (CM)

Ability Scores (32 PB): Str 14, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 16, Cha 8

Feats:
1st: Wild Cohort, Sword of the Arcane Order [houseruled so I can take it at 1st, since it's when I gain spellcasting]
3rd: Darkstalker
6th: Natural Spell

Skills:
Max ranks in Spot, Listen, Hide, Move Silently, Handle Animal
5 ranks in Jump, Climb, Balance, Knowledge (Nature), Search, Survival, Spellcraft
Not sure where to put the last skill point.

Any suggestions for changes I could/should make for any/all of those?

gorfnab
2014-09-14, 05:16 PM
Trapfinder ACF (DS) is an option unless you already have someone in the party with trapfinding. Magical Training (feat, PGtF) nets you your own spellbook that you can write in so that you don't have to borrow one. You could consider Nemesis: Arcanists (feat, BoED) as an option for your first bonus feat.

Extra Anchovies
2014-09-14, 05:31 PM
Trapfinder ACF (DS) is an option unless you already have someone in the party with trapfinding. Magical Training (feat, PGtF) nets you your own spellbook that you can write in so that you don't have to borrow one. You could consider Nemesis: Arcanists (feat, BoED) as an option for your first bonus feat.

Ooooh, ability to detect arcane spellcasters would be pretty great. Of course, it's an exalted feat, and I don't like their flavor one bit, but sacrifices must be made...

The trapfinder ACF is a nice one indeed. I think I'll be taking it, especially since I was already planning to put ranks into Search. Magical Training is also a good one; didn't realize that SotAA wouldn't give me a spellbook, so having the ability to scribe my own is a good thing.