PDA

View Full Version : Nominations For the Council 11-17 Mar

wxdruid
2007-03-11, 08:02 AM
Election Guidelines

The Mayor or Council will start a nomination thread, nominations will last for one week. Anyone can nominate a Townie for the Council. Each player can nominate somebody else once, they cannot nominate themselves. Three nominations are needed to be added to the ballot. If you do not wish to run for Mayor or the Council you may decline the nomination and be removed from the ballot.

Voting – One vote per person, not per account. The voting thread can be started by anyone on the Council or the two people collecting the votes (election officials). All votes will be PM’d to the election officials. They will check for duplicate votes or one person voting multiple times.

How to Vote - One vote per player, please send a PM to Exachix and Supagoof (election officials) using one PM, copy and past Supagoof ; Exachix in the 'To' box. If you want to know when they read it, put a check mark in the box 'Request a read receipt for this message' in the misc options area below the message.

Results – The election officials will confirm and coordinate the final results before posting. The top three people receiving the most votes are on the council. If there is a tie a properly sided die will determine who is elected to the council.

Council members and the Mayor serve for 6 months. They can be elected for two consecutive terms and then take one term off. Elections will take place every three months for half of the council.

Up for re-election are

Death, Your Friend the Reaper
Emperor Indurain
Trog

Atreyu, The Masked LLama has requested that we elect someone to fill the remainder of his term, so the top 3 will be filling the council seats that are up for re-election and the 4th will fill Atreyu's remaining term. (until May 2007)

Death, Indurain and Trog are already on the ballot, there is no need to nominate them. Please do not nominate LLama. Thank you.

The Nomination period is from now until 17 Mar at 1159L board time.

Death, your friend the Reaper
2007-03-11, 08:09 AM
I nominate Llama.

*innocent look*

Castaras
2007-03-11, 08:12 AM
Who to nominate...:smallconfused:

wxdruid
2007-03-11, 08:12 AM
Death! You are silly

Vael is already on the council

current members

LLama, looking for interim member
Death, up for re-election
Trog, up for re-election
El Jaspero
Indurain, up for re-election
Vael

Exachix
2007-03-11, 08:14 AM
Note: Please don't nominate the same person 3 times, we'll have got your point.

Also, I believe the 3 up for re-election are automatically nominated.
(Death, Your Friend the Reaper
Emperor Indurain
Trog)

Not Llama you silly anthropomorphic Entity, he's just declined his position =P.

And what's board time compared to GMT?

wxdruid
2007-03-11, 08:16 AM
Should be -4 from GMT now, since we just moved our clocks forward early this morning (except for me who forgot)

Castaras
2007-03-11, 08:16 AM
Oh, I didn't know that. :smallredface:

In that case I nominate Exachix.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-03-11, 08:17 AM
I vote for Llama! <(^_^)>

Kyrian
2007-03-11, 08:18 AM
Once again, it has been asked that you don't vote for llama...as funny as you may find it to do anyways...

Ms_Elaneous
2007-03-11, 08:26 AM
But it is silly and fun! Besides... due to popular demand, he could retake office. *Imagines a swarm of posters ganging up on Llama, tying him to a chair, and putting him at the desk in the office.*

2007-03-11, 08:29 AM
I vote for Llama! <(^_^)>

Yes, Ms E. Please, be serious, this is a serious issue.

I would like to nominate Supagoof if he wishes to. Not just to nominate both the vote collectors, but he has shown to be a brilliant townie, and I always enjoy posting in a thread that he graces.

Exachix
2007-03-11, 08:35 AM
Now, a problem for both me and Supagoof.

We both are the post counters. To be honest I'm happy there, but if we became council members would people be happy with us still counting the votes?

wxdruid
2007-03-11, 08:45 AM
You both have proven to be honest in the past, would you become dishonest if you were to be nominated? I think you'd both keep your integrity and count fairly and honestly. I personally would leave it up to you, do you feel comfortable with it?

2007-03-11, 08:50 AM
You both have proven to be honest in the past, would you become dishonest if you were to be nominated? I think you'd both keep your integrity and count fairly and honestly. I personally would leave it up to you, do you feel comfortable with it?

I don't know, that supagoof is a shifty chap while playing cards:smallwink:

We could always have three doing the counting, or even up to five, but i have no problem those two counting and being on the council.

Exachix
2007-03-11, 08:54 AM
I would, so long as everyone else was happy with it.

And yes, it's not limited to us two counting =) But I think five would be the max. (As it's the maximum number of targets for a PM... I think.)

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-11, 09:46 AM
I believe that Supagoof and Exachix would still be just and noble counters even if they were nominees and even if they did scam their way into office, well, I think they'd both be good at the job, so I don't see a problem. :smalltongue:

I appreciate the votes. Thanks you crazy loonies. If people want to force me to keep my spot, I won't object, I just don't think I'll do a very good job of it, but the will of the many outweigh the will of the few.

Right now, I'm torn between Fenric, Ilias, and Exachix. Supagoof is also a wonderful choice. I also think Hawkeye/Alex and Lykan are worth noting. Ummm.....I'm sure that some of the newer folks are good for the job, but I haven't seen them much, so I can't speak on them.

Raistlin1040
2007-03-11, 10:53 AM
Hmm. Who to nominate? I'm sort of torn between Fenric and Sophistemon. Fenric's been around forever and is really good in the town. He always helps out and I've never seen him break a rule.

Sophistemon is just a really great guy. He owns a store in the town and is incredibly helpful for new players or people who want to start a plotline.

Flabbicus
2007-03-11, 11:14 AM
I nominate Renrik, but let it be known that I also support Sophistemon's election (for what little that counts for), even if he doesn't stop by Random Banter any more. :smallfrown:

^ And Fenric hasn't been around forever, we joined about the same time. It just seems like forever to all of you new posters.

Renrik
2007-03-11, 12:14 PM
^ Thanks.

I nominate Fenric, because his temple and his character are great unifying forces in the Town IC, and he's always willing to help out new plotlines or include people in ongoing plotlines. I beleive he would continue these admirable actions on the Town Council

Rainspattered
2007-03-11, 01:06 PM
I'd like to nominate Flabbicus. He's been good about being involved in plots, taken on very different rolls within the town, and been around for, evidently, "not forever but it seems like it."

Flabbicus
2007-03-11, 01:22 PM
I'd like to nominate Flabbicus. He's been good about being involved in plots, taken on very different rolls within the town, and been around for, evidently, "not forever but it seems like it."

Holy crap, I wasn't really expecting to be nominated. I will accept, if only because I am more active than some members of the old council. I still say people should vote for Renrik and Fenric instead of me.

Deadly
2007-03-11, 02:18 PM
Deadly hops up on the podium and looks out over the people in front of him. After a moment of silence he holds up a muffin for all to see. "I, Deadly, nominate this muffin!" he proclaims, then eats the muffin and disappears.

[hr]
Oh, and thanks, Llama :)

Renrik
2007-03-11, 02:35 PM
He killed the nominee!

wxdruid
2007-03-11, 03:58 PM
So far we have 1 nomination for the following, before they can get on the ballot they have to have a total of three nominations from three different people (not 3 different accounts owned by the same player)

Exachix
Supagoof
Renrik
Fenric
Flabbicus

Exachix
2007-03-11, 04:34 PM
Plus the following three are automatically on the list:
Death, Your Friend the Reaper
Emperor Indurain
Trog

Xerillum
2007-03-11, 04:45 PM
I nominate Graklok! Do I get a medal now?

wxdruid
2007-03-11, 05:06 PM
Graklok is an alt of Supagoof's and he is already been nominated once, do you wish to add a second nomination to that?

Xerillum
2007-03-11, 05:55 PM
Yes.

Yes, I'm henry the eighth I am! Henry the eighth I am, I am! I've beeen eating since six A.M., for dessert, I'll have dinnere again myyy name's synonymous with gluttony, I'l always eat a turkey or a ham...

Trog
2007-03-11, 07:59 PM
*Trog wanders through bedecked in full political regalia. Sauntering through the crowd he waves nice for the press and assembled masses. He mingles amongst them sipping a flask of whiskey and looking down the shirt of well endowed mothers as he shakes babies and kisses hands, beating the streets for re-election.*

Vote for Trog! Trog's already drunk so you KNOW Trog can handle the job! Trog promises to be easily bribable and completely corrupt in the way that YOU, the public, have demanded your public officials to be! A vote for more Trog is a vote for more grog! Thank you!

(Campaign song plays)
This looks like a job for Trog
So everybody just follow Trog
Cause we need a little beer and grog
Cause it'd be so empty without Trog..

Raistlin1040
2007-03-11, 08:30 PM
In response to the "Vote for Trog" campaign, Raistlin drags himself out of bed and makes a sign with the words Vote for Raistlin on it.
Vote for Raistlin! I'm the best and stuff. Wait, I'm not even on the ballot. Never mind.

Rainspattered
2007-03-11, 08:44 PM
Aren't we not supposed to second nominations for the avoidance of redundancy?

wxdruid
2007-03-11, 08:47 PM
No, each person can nominate one person, but to get on the ballot that person needs to be nominated by three different people

AmberVael
2007-03-11, 08:47 PM
The full rules of election are noted in the Welcome to Town Thread.

However, you need three nominations to be able to be elected.

Perducci
2007-03-12, 07:28 AM
I haven't been around long enough to know who's who or whatnot, so I am taking away my own voting rights. As I speak(type) my character's have them gagged and are beating them into a bloody pulp.

AmberVael
2007-03-12, 08:37 AM
Current Members of Council
Gwen (Mayor)
Vael
El Jaspero

Nominated (Four available seats, 3 are 6 month terms and one is until May)
Death (re-elect)
Trog (re-elect)
Indurain (re-elect)
Supagoof (2)
Exachix (1)
Fenric (1)
Renrik (1)
Flabbicus (1)

Veg Sorbet
2007-03-12, 02:24 PM
As far as I can remember, Fenric has turned down a Council spot before (though that may have been the mayoral election...) so, as much as I'd like to support him, I may be supporting him more by not supporting him... if that makes sense...

I'm going to second Exachix.

Xaspian
2007-03-12, 02:38 PM
I'll second Renrik.

Rainspattered
2007-03-12, 05:01 PM
Oh, I misunderstood this process. My bad.

Fenric
2007-03-12, 07:36 PM
I turned down the Mayoral nomination, seftsirag. I think I've been on the council ballot twice or so.

Yeah, Flabbicus/Rilik, you started the week before Kantur and I did, and Kantur started the day before I did, if I remember correctly.

Flabbicus
2007-03-12, 07:38 PM
Really? I thought he was there a bit before we joined. I think he originally assassinated someone much earlier on his first post. Consigliere Grievoso was it? I don't really remember all too well.

Kyrian
2007-03-12, 07:38 PM
I'll second Fenric then.

Fenric
2007-03-12, 07:41 PM
Really? I thought he was there a bit before we joined. I think he originally assassinated someone much earlier on his first post. Consigliere Grievoso was it? I don't really remember all too well.

Hm... I may be mistaken then. Didn't really keep close track. Doesn't help that I lurked for a while before finally posting, either.

Flabbicus
2007-03-12, 07:50 PM
I think he mentioned it somewhere, but then again during my lurking I think I saw him once or twice. There's no problem with lurking, I think I made less than 20 posts before joining The Town, around three months in total I think.

I just realized I've been part of the forums for about a year. It didn't seem like I joined so much before school ended. I only started posting a week before school ended though, so I guess that accounts for it.

Now for your regularly scheduled nominations.

Raistlin1040
2007-03-12, 08:50 PM
I'll nominate Sophistemon then.

*Cries at not being nominated*

phoenixineohp
2007-03-12, 10:35 PM
I'll second Flabbicus.

AmberVael
2007-03-13, 12:43 AM
Gwen (Mayor)
Vael
El Jaspero

Death (re-elect)
Trog (re-elect)
Indurain (re-elect)
Supagoof (2)
Exachix (2)
Fenric (2)
Renrik (2)
Flabbicus (2)
Sophistemon (1)

Blood
2007-03-13, 06:30 AM
I'll second Sophistemon.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-13, 04:02 PM
I'll give Fenric his third nomination. The lad deserves it.

InaVegt
2007-03-13, 04:39 PM
I nominate exachix.

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2007-03-13, 05:05 PM
I'd like to nominate my good friend and hero Ceika.

AmberVael
2007-03-13, 05:22 PM
Gwen (Mayor)
Vael
El Jaspero

Death (re-elect)
Trog (re-elect)
Indurain (re-elect)
Supagoof (2)
Exachix (3)
Fenric (3)
Renrik (2)
Flabbicus (2)
Sophistemon (2)
Ceika (1)

Hawkeye
2007-03-13, 06:18 PM
I second Ceika.

Lykan
2007-03-14, 06:02 AM
Third for Ceika.

Indurain
2007-03-14, 07:26 PM
Indurain steps to a podium which has been set.

"It is with a heavy heart, that I announce that I will not be running for re-election this term. I thoroughly enjoyed my time on the council, but as participation in town wanes, so should my involvement. Thank you to those who have supported me through my time...and I wish whoever replaces me the best of luck. Thank you."

The reporters in the audience scramble to ask questions of Indurain, however the nudist steps down off the stand, with flashbulbs going off continously.

AmberVael
2007-03-14, 07:27 PM
Gwen (Mayor)
Vael
El Jaspero

Death (re-elect)
Trog (re-elect)
Supagoof (2)
Exachix (3)
Fenric (3)
Renrik (2)
Flabbicus (2)
Sophistemon (2)
Ceika (3)

Out of Elections-
Llama
Indruain

Chaotic Bob
2007-03-14, 11:47 PM
I'll third Sophistemon, for what my vote's worth.

wxdruid
2007-03-15, 08:42 AM
Only a few more days for nominations.

AmberVael
2007-03-15, 11:24 AM
I nominate Ilias/Deadly, for his constant display of knowledge of the Town, his ability to post frequently, and the dedication to the Town he has already shown through his work with the Town Directory.

Gwen (Mayor)
Vael
El Jaspero

Death (re-elect)
Trog (re-elect)
Sophistemon (3)
Ceika (3)
Exachix (3)
Fenric (3)
Supagoof (2)
Renrik (2)
Flabbicus (2)
Ilias (1)

Out of Elections-
Llama
Indruain

McBish
2007-03-15, 02:05 PM
I'll second Ilias. Or should I say deadly?

Deadly
2007-03-15, 02:22 PM
Use both if you're unsure ;) I'll stick to Deadly in the future, though.

And thanks for the votes :)

wxdruid
2007-03-16, 02:55 PM
Today and tomorrow until 1159L board time, get your nominations in now.

Gwen (Mayor)
Vael
El Jaspero

Death (re-elect)
Trog (re-elect)
Sophistemon (3)
Ceika (3)
Exachix (3)
Fenric (3)
Supagoof (2)
Renrik (2)
Flabbicus (2)
Ilias (2)

Out of Elections-
Llama
Indruain

Exachix
2007-03-16, 03:00 PM
I'll nominate Deadly Ilias! (I've not nominated anyone yet)

Kalbereth
2007-03-16, 06:26 PM
I nominate Flabbicus.

AmberVael
2007-03-16, 06:32 PM
Gwen (Mayor)
Vael
El Jaspero

Death (re-elect)
Trog (re-elect)
Sophistemon (3)
Ceika (3)
Exachix (3)
Fenric (3)
Flabbicus (3)
Ilias (3)
Supagoof (2)
Renrik (2)

Out of Elections-
Llama
Indruain

Deadly
2007-03-17, 11:15 AM
I nominate Supagoof

wxdruid
2007-03-17, 11:29 AM
Today at 1159L board time is the end for nominations, elections start tomorrow. :-) We have a very nice list of people on the ballot.

InaVegt
2007-03-17, 11:47 AM
If someone gets an additional nomination in for Renrik real quick everyone who was nominated will be up for election.

wxdruid
2007-03-17, 09:58 PM
I will third Renrik and put him on the ballot. :-)

Renrik
2007-03-17, 10:19 PM
so begins the reign of terror.... buwahaha... buwahahaha... buwahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

AmberVael
2007-03-17, 10:26 PM
Gwen (Mayor)
Vael
El Jaspero

Death (re-elect)
Trog (re-elect)
Sophistemon (3)
Ceika (3)
Exachix (3)
Fenric (3)
Flabbicus (3)
Ilias (3)
Supagoof (3)
Renrik (3)

Out of Elections-
Llama
Indruain

Exachix
2007-03-18, 01:58 AM
Are we past 11:59L yet? I would say so, I'll make the thread for it?

AmberVael
2007-03-18, 01:59 AM
I think we are. Go ahead, Exachix.

J_Muller
2007-03-18, 02:00 AM
If it's not too late (which it just barely isn't by my clock) I fourth Renrik, if that's necessary. I guess I'm relatively new here, so I don't fully understand how this thing works...

AmberVael
2007-03-18, 02:02 AM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1633996&postcount=9
Link to the Town Election rules in the Welcome to Town thread.

J_Muller
2007-03-18, 02:04 AM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1633996&postcount=9
Link to the Town Election rules in the Welcome to Town thread.

Thanks. What exactly does the Council do anyway? They've never come into play in anything I've done. I don't know if that's good or bad...

AmberVael
2007-03-18, 02:12 AM
My explanation of the Town Council in the Welcome to Town thread:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1633957&postcount=2

Exachix
2007-03-18, 02:13 AM
The New Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2214107#post2214107) is up now.