PDA

View Full Version : DM Help first time being a gm, hoping on some tips

hoborobot
2014-09-14, 07:58 PM
we are playing pathfinder and going through the module, the party decided to skip over most sidequests, and is now item, and gold starved. they are however 1 level above what the book recommended them for the second module. the group decided to pick up a small sidequest, and to make it more flavor wise it was supposed to be a small band of goblins led by a were-rat who calls himself a goblin king. instead now it will be the were rat, a few hobgoblins and a warband of goblins with a few riding goblin dogs as mount since it grew out of control. now our current gm has some things going on where he is busy, so i stepped in. if the current party manages to defeat this side quest, i dont want to be lazy and just say you got x gold and y exp. i prefer to customize it a bit. the party currently constist of a Blue Cryptic, Human Rouge/Fighter (not sure on his level distribution, i just remember he fights with a bow and at close range 2x short swords), a Pony Sorcerer, and a Human Inqusitor [archer] (gm)

what item/s and or gear would qualify for this encounter, which will most likely level them

KindOfGoodGuy
2014-09-14, 09:20 PM
For the Sorcerer, you could give him/her a wand containing an appropriate level spell with say.......10-15 uses left in it. The inquisitor can get Arrows filled with holy water if you plan on throwing undead at the party later. And as for that rogue fighter, You mentioned that the boss is a were-rat. If i remember correctly they fight with a short sword so you could have him carry a poison of some sort that the party can loot off of him.

Also if the party is still really gold deprived, you can throw in a gem or map that when inspected will start another side quest. This one though with a good amount of gold as loot