PDA

View Full Version : Time Lord [Epic PrC]

The Demented One
2007-03-11, 08:52 AM
Time Lord

Time Lords are mages who have learned the secrets of time. They are capable of some of the most powerful magic known to mortals: traveling through time, halting time, reversing time. A Time Lord can meddle in the flow of time as he sees fit, achieving things no other mage could hope to dream of. There is no union amongst the Time Lords; and some say they are so haughty that none could ever exist. A Time Lord has all the allies he needs in the slow passing of seconds.

d4 HD

Requirements
To qualify to become a Time Lord, you must fulfill all the following criteria.
Feats: Epic Spellcasting
Skills: Knowledge (Arcana) 28 ranks, Knowledge (The Planes) 28 ranks, Spellcraft 28 ranks
Spellcasting: Must be able to cast 9th level arcane spells.
Special: Must have traveled through time, to either past or future, by some means, such as the teleport through time spell or similar.

Class Skills
The Time Lord’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Decipher Script (Int), Knowledge (Arcana) (Int), Knowledge (The Planes), Profession (Wis), and Spellcraft (Int).

Skill Points at Each Level: 2 + Int modifier.

{table=head]Level|Special|Spells

1st|Time Travel|

2nd|Temporal Metamagic|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

3rd|Bonus Feat|

4th|Temporal Mastery|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

5th|Temporal Banishment|

6th|Bonus Feat, Turn Back Time|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

7th|Improved Time Travel|

8th|Safe Time|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

9th|Bonus Feat|

10th|Time Duplicate|+1 level of existing spellcasting class[/table]

Class Features
All the following are class features of the Time Lordprestige class.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency
You gain no additional weapon or armor proficiencies.

Spellcasting
Whenever you gain an even Time Lord level, you gain new spells per day and spells known as if you had also gained a level in an arcane spellcasting class you belonged to before you added the prestige class level. You do not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained.

Time Travel (Sp)
At 1st level, you may use teleport through time (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/pg/20030409b) once per day as a spell-like ability, with caster level equal to your arcane caster level.

Temporal Metamagic (Su)
At 2nd level, your mastery of time augments your spellcasting. Each day, you gain a number of temporal metamgic uses equal to twice your class level. Whenever you cast a spell, you may, as a free action, spend one or more uses in order to apply a metamagic effect to that spell. You may spend one use to extend a spell, four uses to quicken a spell, or six uses to make a spell persistent. If the metamagic effect you apply would normally raise the spell’s level beyond 9th, then the number of uses you must spend is doubled; and if it would raise the spell’s level beyond 10th, it is tripled. You cannot apply a metamagic effect that would raise a spell’s level beyond 11th.

Bonus Feat (Ex)
At 3rd, 6th, and 9th levels, you gain a bonus epic feat, drawn from the following list:
Automatic Quicken Spell, Automatic Silent Spell, Automatic Still Spell, Combat Casting, Enhance Spell, Epic Spell Focus, Epic Spell Penetration, Ignore Material Components, Improved Combat Casting, Improved Heighten Spell, Improved Metamagic, Improved Spell Capacity, Intensify Spell, Multispell, Permanent Emanation, Spell Focus, Spell Knowledge, Spell Penetration, Spell Stowaway, Spell Opportunity, Spontaneous Spell, Tenacious Magic.

Alternatively, you may gain any non-epic metamagic feat as a bonus feat.

Temporal Mastery (Sp)
At 4th level, as a swift action, you may halt the flow of time, as the time stop spell. Once halted, time remains stopped for up to a number of rounds equal to half your class level, determined by you. You may only stop time for a total number of rounds equal to twice your class level each day. Once you have used this ability, you may not use it again for 1d3 hours.

Temporal Banishment (Sp)
At 5th level, you gain the ability to cast your foes through time. Once per day, when you use your time travel class feature or cast the teleport through time spell, you may choose to target a single creature within 30 ft. of you, instead of yourself. That creature may make a Will save to resist, but if it fails, it, rather than you, is teleported through time. At 7th level, you may use this ability two times a day, and at 10th level, three times.

Turn Back Time (Su)
At 6th level, you gain the power to reverse time’s flow to undo your mistakes. Once per day, you may travel back one round in time, as the time regression power, though there is no XP cost. At 8th level, you may use this ability twice per day, and at 10th level, you may use it three times per day.

Improved Time Travel (Sp)
At 7th level, you may use teleport through time (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/pg/20030409b) at will as a spell-like ability, with caster level equal to your arcane caster level. In addition, when you use this ability, you may choose to move in space as well as in time, as the greater teleport spell. However, once you have used this ability, you must wait 1d6 hours before you can use it again.

Safe Time (Sp)
At 8th level, you gain the ability to find safety in the depths of time. Once per day, as an immediate action, you may enter into a static time stream, similar to the effects of the safe time epic spell when it is triggered. You may spend one round in the static time stream before coming out.

Time Duplicate (Sp)
At 10th level, your mastery of time is complete. Once per day, you may use the epic spell time duplicate as a spell-like ability. However, you are not limited to just summoning a duplicate of yourself: you may instead summon a time duplicate of any willing creature within 30 ft. of you.

celtois
2007-03-11, 01:03 PM
Yay a doctor who themed PRC

seems alright but I'm not good at balance

EvilElitest
2007-03-12, 02:45 PM
I'm wary of time travling magic myself, but seems fine to me.
from,
EE

Were-Sandwich
2007-03-12, 02:49 PM
You should include advice on how to deal with paradoxes. They really can get complicated.

SpartacusThe2nd
2007-03-12, 03:11 PM
can I take this one into my campigan?

The Demented One
2007-03-12, 05:07 PM
You should include advice on how to deal with paradoxes. They really can get complicated.
That I leave up to the DM. There's a couple ways of handling them, and I don't want to restrict anyone's creativity. There is, I believe, an excellent netbook on time magic that has a brief section on handling them which is far better than anything I could do.

can I take this one into my campigan?
Of course, feel free to do that with anything I post.

Maerok
2007-03-12, 09:38 PM
I saw "Time Lord", "Epic", and "The Demented One"... Then I braced myself for the awesomeness. :smallcool:

The_Snark
2007-03-12, 10:01 PM
Awesome. Like others, I'm not entirely sure how balanced it is, but... epic. Worse things by far are contained in epic rules, so it seems pretty reasonable to use in an epic game.