PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Eldritch Disciple Help

macdaddy
2014-09-15, 11:15 AM
I am building an Eldritch disciple (no Ur-Priest) and could use some help.

Being a Bard is pretty boring, I can buff party members but can't really do anything else. Don't have many spells and going into CC with such low HPs is pretty scary. I don't want to be a front line fighter, we have 3 already and that makes it tough to do anything in any space that is not outdoors.

Being a wizard will start to break the game when I get 4th level spells (Polymorph, Celerity, etc). So I think I will stay away from that.

We don't have anyone with ranged attacks. So I can fill a role with some utility spells, backup healing, and ranged damage. A Ranger/Scout would do a lot more ranged damage per round, but with 3 fighters getting pummeled all the time, the backup healing would be nice.

Human
Warlock 1, Cleric 3, Eldritch Disciple 4
Str: 10, Dex: 14, Int: 13, Wis: 20, Con: 14, Chr: 14

6th level Cleric for Spellcasting, 8th level for Warlock Eldritch Blase

BaB: 5
Fort: +9 Ref:+4 Will: + 13

Domains: Time (Feat Bonus: Improved Initiative), Travel
Feats:
1. Practiced Spellcaster (Warlock)
1. Point Blank Shot
3. Precise Shot
6. Zen Archery (use wisdom bonus for ranged attacks instead of Dex)
9. ???
12. ?? Quicken SLA?

Warlock Invocations
=======================================
Eldritch Blast (60' ranged touch, 4d6), +10 to hit

Least:
Baleful Utterance (at will as per Shatter spell)
Eldritch Spear (increase range of Eldritch Blast from 60' to 250')
See the Unseen (24 hour Darkvision and See Invis, at will)

Lesser: (when I hit 9th level)
Eldritch Chain (You can “jump” the chain to one secondary target per five caster levels, Each target struck after the first takes half the damage dealt to the first target.)

Eldritch Disciple:
================================
Gift of the Divine Patron:

Healing Blast: In place of applying an eldritch essence invocation to your eldritch blast, you can change it into a healing blast. The blast heals living creatures instead of dealing damage to them (the damage healed is equal to the damage normally dealt). Against undead, the healing blast deals damage as normal; against constructs or objects, the healing blast has no effect. Your deity must be non-evil for you to select this gift.You can spend one of your turn/rebuke undead attempts as a swift action to activate the chosen power.

This means I can do a ranged heal 5 times per day (once per turn attempt). good for zapping fighters in combat.

Undecided on the other Gift....