PDA

View Full Version : Help with Unseelie Fey template

Bad Wolf
2014-09-15, 02:12 PM
I was thinking of adding the Unseelie Fey template to my Magic-Blooded Half-Fey Sorcerer. I was just wondering, what's the best seasonal ability for a Sorcerer 5/ Wild Soul 3?

AmberVael
2014-09-15, 02:20 PM
If you plan on utilizing save based spells (which generally you will), then Winter's Chill is a nice option. It does require you to be up close though, which isn't the best. Still, the penalty it applies is massive enough that I'd probably call it the best.

Summer Caress is great due to the variety of defenses it offers against a very wide range of enemies. Vernal Touch is also a really decent ability though- removing all those conditions is handy, and the turn undead part isn't bad either (though less of a draw)

Really its only Autumn Harvest that I'm unimpressed by. Dispel magic a few times per day? Meeeeh. If you want that, you can just get it as a spell.

animewatcha
2014-09-15, 02:23 PM
Depending upon whether you plan on getting close or not, I can see either summer caress for protection or winter chill for b**** slapping people with touch attacks.

@sidenote: why not go practiced spellcaster for a feat and 1 level of wild mage.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-09-15, 02:24 PM
Winter Chill for sure, you can use (Greater) Invisibility to get adjacent to opponents and impose the penalty to saves, then use a spell like Wings of Flurry to damage and daze everyone.

Bad Wolf
2014-09-15, 02:47 PM
Hmm, I guess I'll go with Winter Chill, a -12 penalty on saves could help a lot. Thanks everyone.

animewatcha: I don't exactly see how Wild Mage factors into this...

Snowbluff
2014-09-15, 03:25 PM
Hmm, I guess I'll go with Winter Chill, a -12 penalty on saves could help a lot. Thanks everyone.

animewatcha: I don't exactly see how Wild Mage factors into this...

Well, he's saying taking the CL Penalty from Wild Mage, bump it up Practiced Spellcaster, then get the bonus CL from Wild Mage...

Not sure why, though. Maybe to get more CL for Flurry?

Bad Wolf
2014-09-15, 03:28 PM
Well, he's saying taking the CL Penalty from Wild Mage, bump it up Practiced Spellcaster, then get the bonus CL from Wild Mage...

Not sure why, though.

Yeah, I get what he's saying, I just don't see why Wild Mage is part of this.

Zaq
2014-09-15, 03:41 PM
Yeah, I get what he's saying, I just don't see why Wild Mage is part of this.

Perhaps they're confusing Wild Mage and Wild Soul?

animewatcha
2014-09-15, 04:12 PM
Snowbluff and biffon pretty much covered many of my main reasons for why. We don't know what spells you have picked as a sorcery. Assuming greater invis works ( more creatures see through this as level gets higher if I am understanding correctly ), point blank range wings of flurry ( 1d6 to 6d6 extra ), or disintegrate ray ( 2d6 to 12d6 extra ). Plus, there is caster level for spell penetration, range, number of targets legal, dispelling.