PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Ways to get melee attacks that hit multiple foes.

DarkSonic1337
2014-09-15, 02:40 PM
What ways are there to make your melee attacks hit multiple foes? I'm mainly looking for stuff like making one attack roll that hits multiple enemies or hitting an area (do such things exist in 3.5?), but I'm open to things that simply let you hit everyone around you (like whirlwind attack and the maneuvers that mimic/surpass it). Cleave and similar effects which require you to down an enemy to trigger them should be excluded (just requiring a hit is fine though)

The bigger the list the better. All sources are open and Dragon Magazine is allowed.

OldTrees1
2014-09-15, 02:48 PM
War Hulk 4[Miniatures Handbook] (3 squares of enemies per attack, but 0 ranks in int/wis/cha skills)
War Mind 5[Expanded Psionics Handbook] (2 squares of enemies per attack, but can't have moved much)

Thrice Dead Cat
2014-09-15, 02:56 PM
Probably not what you are looking for, but Heroes of Battle has rules both for doing rocks and things on targets from the air and groups of soldiers launching a full volley attack. My memory is fuzzy, so this might not fit.

Werephilosopher
2014-09-15, 02:59 PM
Slashing weapons with the Whirling ability from MIC can do this thrice/day.

Red Fel
2014-09-15, 03:07 PM
Well, since you mentioned maneuvers: Steel Wind (Iron Heart 1): Make one attack each against two threatened opponents. Mithral Tornado (Iron Heart 4): Make an attack at your highest BAB +2 against each adjacent opponent. Scything Blade (Iron Heart 7): If your first melee attack this round hits, make a second at your highest BAB against another threatened opponent. Adamantine Hurricane (Iron Heart 8): Make two attacks at your highest BAB +4 against each adjacent opponent. Prey on the Weak (Tiger Claw 7): While in this stance, if an opponent within 10 feet drops (either by your attacks or someone else's), take an immediate AoO against a threatened opponent. Raging Mongoose (Tiger Claw 8): Make two additional attacks with each weapon you wield (max 4 extra attacks) at your highest BAB, to be divided up amongst the targets of your choice.That's just for starters, but those are pretty good, methinks.

DarkSonic1337
2014-09-15, 03:26 PM
Sweeping Strike looks awesome, too bad it's 5 levels deep in a prestige class. I'll ask my DM if I can work this in somehow (we're getting up to a +4 level adjustment for free, and we're encouraged to bring him ideas for templates/races/miscellaneous location benefits that are around that power level.)

Definitely gonna get the Whirling enhancment.

The dancing/raging mongoose maneuvers aren't quite what I'm looking for. Extra attacks are nice of course, but I'm mostly going for a "this character makes sweeping attacks to hit lots of people" flavor. I'll be picking up the iron heart stuff though. Cleave and such fit the flavor, I just don't like the crunch of needing to down someone to trigger them.