PDA

View Full Version : Rise of the Runelords - Group 1 Game Thread

Filtro
2014-09-15, 04:15 PM
http://i.imgur.com/dH1vxA7.jpg

For five years, the faithful of Sandpoint have attended church in smaller wooden structures rebuilt after fire destroyed the previous temple, and while their new pastor Abstalar was helpful, kind, and wise, church wasn't the same. Now, the new cathedral is finally done. All that remains is for the Swallowtail Festival to renew the site’s blessings from the gods and it will be as if the Sandpoint Fire had never occurred.

Each of you are in attendance, for your own reasons, at the Swallowtail Festival on the first day of autumn in Sandpoint, and you have just arrived.

I assume all of you have the Rise of the Runelords Player's Guide, which is free. Please check Sandpoint's map and information. Each of you should state the motive of your visit to Sandpoint during the Festival. Have fun.

DarkOne-Rob
2014-09-16, 10:24 AM
Deren walks throughout the celebration, his conservative traveling clothes doing nothing to hide the many tattoos and scars found all over his exposed skin. He smiles pleasantly at the many people, quietly observing and steering clear of those who look uncomfortable with his Sczarni-styled appearance. Jubrayl had suggested coming and sampling the free food, and the quiet man did so, thanking the cooks and vendors for their generosity with a smooth voice and few words.

After eating his fill of the dishes offered by the locals, the young man finds a shady spot and sits, watching the crowd bustle and celebrate the event. "They are all so happy. I suppose new cathedrals will do that for the devout..." he says, apparently to no one in particular. Jade, hidden deep inside his loose clothing, clicks its mandibles in agreement before settling down patiently for something more to happen. Nodding, Deren leans back and gets comfortable, just listening to the sounds of the jubilee as he closes his eyes, his lips turned up in a tiny smirk.

Iktus
2014-09-16, 11:16 AM
Jamir woke up this morning to the bustle in Sandpoint. It seemed as though his head was about to split and his mouth was dry. Probably all that alcohol from the Rusty Dragon...
''So many people... must be the swallowtail festival the locals were talking about.'' he thought.
The halfling had slept in an alley that night. He'd been gambling again, and apparently his good old halfling luck was running out...
Ever since he'd been freed from Cheliax by the Bellflower Tillers, Jamir had been roaming Varisia. He'd been to Magnimar and Riddleport and everywhere in between, trying to make easy money in the hopes of freeing the rest of his family, who haden't been as lucky as he. Things were looking good until he got to Sandpoint.
He rubbed his tired eyes and heard his stomach grumble...
He slipped a hand in his pocket. 1 gold piece left. That seemed like it would be enough to eat.
He smirked.
''So many people here today, all walking around with their coinpurses full, so happy and lightheaded.''
I love festivals, he said to himself
He set off, bumping into a few people along the way.
So sorry, so sorry. What a clumsy oaf I am! Don't mind me.
[roll0]

Smileybastard
2014-09-16, 12:01 PM
Eyotok

Eyotok wanders through the crowds, his big hands holding and protecting the field mouse he had befriended. He didn't know why the fates had brought him here. The hawk in sky flew this way and so he followed. He heard people speaking about the new temple, but mostly they spoke of food and drink.

Filtro
2014-09-16, 01:19 PM
@ Jamir

Jamir managed to take a total 20 gp, 5 sp and 76 cp from people's pockets

Iktus
2014-09-16, 03:11 PM
Although his head was still painful, Jamir was satisfied. He walked with his hands in his now full pocket. The pieces he'd stole clanked cheerfully in his ears and another lound rumble from his stomach decided him it was time to eat.
Although he WAS here for business and needed material to start working on his alchemy, he thought to himself that work could wait until tomorrow. Today was holiday, after all. He started walking towards the cathedral, buying all sorts of exotic food on the way, anxious to see said cathdral up close. He'd heard so much about it since yesterday!

Jamir spends 5gp on all kinds of different foods

Tybar
2014-09-16, 03:38 PM
Quirel walks through the crowd, not on duty thankfully on this great festival day.

He's looked forward to it for a while, and is proudly displaying his wooden, weathered symbol of Shelyn at his throat.

He is wearing his nice brown trousers with a white shirt and a green vest, his best clothing outside of his uniform.

He nods or waves to those he knows, including those in the guard, briefly exchanging a conversation with Tia, stuck on patrol for a few hours.

He wanders around the town, starting on Main Street and heading vaguely toward Church Street, letting himself be distracted by the various merchants and attractions.

PeglegJim
2014-09-16, 04:06 PM
Lupitine wiggles his way to the front of the crowd, his face smiling widely as he looks upon the new cathedral. The gnome is only about up to waist length on a lot of the humans, with wild grey hair flowing down to his back. He's in a purple shirt with boots caked with mud from romping in the nearby woods. He hoped to find a boar to catch before the festival.

"Well there it is. It's all I hoped it would be, hope everyone else feels the same." the gnome declares to no one in particular. He spins an arrow between his fingers. He wasn't a violent person, but he really wished he could have gotten a boar before the day was done. He also heard about all the games and contests that there were going to be. Some of the guards and hunters he met through their mutual appreciation of archery eventually goaded him into sticking around for the festival this year for the games.

Filtro
2014-09-17, 01:18 PM
The Swallowtail Festival begins promptly, as scheduled, on the first day of autumn. The square before the church quickly becomes crowded as locals and travelers arrive, and several merchant tents featuring food, clothes, local crafts, and souvenirs are there to meet them.

The turnout for the opening speeches is quite respectable, and the four keynote speakers each deliver short but well-received welcomes to the festival. Mayor Deverin’s friendly attitude and excitement prove contagious as she welcomes visitors to town and jokes about how even Larz Rovanky, the local tanner (and notorious workaholic) managed to tear himself away from the tannery to attend, much to everyone’s but Larz’s amusement. Sheriff Hemlock brings the crowd down a bit with his dour mood, his reminder to be safe around the evening’s bonfire, and his request for a moment of silence to remember those who lost their lives in the fire that claimed the town’s previous church five years ago.
Fortunately, Cyrdak Drokkus is more than up to the challenge of bringing the crowd’s mood back up with his rousing anecdotes as he delivers a not-completely-irreverent recap of the long process the town went through to finance and construct the new cathedral. He throws in a bit of self-promotion at the end, as is his wont, inviting everyone to stop by the Sandpoint Theater the following evening to check out his new production of “The Harpy’s Curse,” revealing that the lead role of Avisera the harpy queen will be played by none other than the famous Magnimarian diva Allishanda! Finally, Father Zantus steps up give a short speech thanking everyone for coming before declaring the Swallowtail Festival underway.

At noon, Father Zantus and his acolytes wheel a large covered wagon into the square, and after recounting the short parable of how Desna first fell to earth and was nursed back to health by a blind child who she transformed into an immortal butterfly as a reward for her aid, they pull aside the wagon’s cover, releasing the thousand children of Desna—a furious storm of a thousand swallowtail butterflies that swarm into the air in a spiraling riot of color to a great cheer from the crowd. Throughout the rest of the day, children futilely chase butterflies, never quite quick enough to catch them.

Lunch is provided free, at the expense of Sandpoint’s taverns. Each brings its best dishes—this event is a marketing push by the taverns as much to win new customers as it is to feed a hungry crowd. It soon becomes apparent that the darling of the lunch is, once again, Ameiko Kaijitsu, whose remarkable curry-spiced
salmon and early winterdrop mead easily overshadow the other offerings, such as the Hagfish’s lobster chowder or the White Deer’s peppercorn venison.

Tybar
2014-09-17, 02:14 PM
Quirel enjoys the talks, even nodding along at parts of the speech by the Sheriff. He may be a bit dour, but he has the right attitude most of the time.

He does enjoy, even more, getting to have a taste of that salmon, having been excited to try some for a while (he couldn't justify spending the money on it before).

He was not disappointed, though he did compliment the other cooks, since theirs were still good.

At some point, he sees Lupitine, and gives a wave to the gnome, not wanting to stop him if he's busy.

DarkOne-Rob
2014-09-18, 05:56 PM
"Hmmm, maybe we should go see the show tomorrow. What do you think, Jade?" Deren asks his familiar as they listen to the speeches. When the arachnid makes its displeasure felt with a little pinch he says, "Well, some of us actually care for human culture. Don't get all upset about it..."

The thin man eats an enormous amount of food for one his size, taking advantage of the opportunity to eat well for free since such chances are few and far between amongst those with whom he usually travels. Watching the children chase butterflies is fun, and he enjoys the opportunity to watch the townsfolk.

Smileybastard
2014-09-18, 08:57 PM
Eyotok

Eyotok continues wandering around, largely oblivious to the speeches. The great bulk of a man wanders through the crowd holding and stroking his mouse friend. He did listen to the words a bit, but they seemed hollow and pointless, just like this great place of worship. Surely the open sky was better.

PeglegJim
2014-09-19, 09:03 AM
"Good story Father."
the gnome tells the preacher from a spot in the front row after all the speeches were finally done with. Lupitine shifted about restlessly during the whole thing. Humans talk far too long sometimes.
The long haired little fey then gets lunch and then trots over to to Quirel. "Hello Quirel. How are you doing?" Lupitine says in that lilting, singsong voice.

Iktus
2014-09-19, 10:25 AM
Jamir thought the speeches were cute, but he knew enough about men to understand that pretty speeches were always only words - and mostly empty ones at that. Let the people hear what they want to hear...
He remembered Cheliax, and all the nice speeches filled with encouraging words he'd heard there too. His mind started wandering...
So he shook his head and retreated from the crowd. He lay down somewhere close enough to hear the speeches without being too crowded (probably on a haystack or empty wagon of sorts), resting his blades next to him, and before long started dozing off. He hadn't yet fully recuperated of yesterday's... festivities.
Still haunted by the dark thoughts he quickly shook away, his subconscious mind filled Jamir's head with strange dreams of dancing devils, grinning giants and evil magics. He kept falling in and out of sleep and so the images were faint, but left an eerie impression when he woke up abruptly at the end of the speeches...
...just in time to see the last of the butterflies fly off and the food wagons being pushed towards the crowd.
Having just eaten, he wasn't very hungry, but the alcohol was also free. Maybe drinking would make his headache go away!
He kipped up, adjusted his scabbards and dusted off his clothes, the hazy dreams already retreating from his conscious mind, and trotted merrily towards all that free booze.
Today was a good day!

Tybar
2014-09-19, 10:29 AM
Quirel glances over, a piece of salmon still in his mouth, swallowing a bit hastily. "Hi Lupitine. This lunch is fantastic! I hope that the rest of the festival goes well. I'm looking forward to watching the Archery contest. Otherwise, patrols have been fairly quiet. I think most of the normal drunkards are saving money for today."

"How about your day?"

Filtro
2014-09-19, 03:42 PM
Finally, as the sun begins to set, a sharp retort, like the crack of distant thunder, slices through the excited crowd as the sun’s setting rays paint the western sky. A stray dog that has crawled under a nearby wagon to sleep starts awake, and the buzz of two dozen conversations quickly hushes as all heads turn toward the central podium, where a beaming Father Zantus has taken the stage.

He clears his throat, takes a breath to speak, and suddenly a woman’s scream slices through the air. A few moments later, another scream rises, then another. Beyond them, a sudden surge of strange new voices rises—high-pitched, tittering shrieks that sound not quite human.
The crowd parts and something low to the ground races by, giggling with disturbing glee as the stray dog gives a pained yelp and then collapses with a gurgle, its throat cut open from ear to ear. As blood pools around its head, the raucous sound of a strange song begins, chanted from shrill, scratchy voices.

Everyone roll a Spot check.

PeglegJim
2014-09-19, 03:43 PM
"Mhhhm. My day goes okay. Tried to bag a boar before the festival, but I couldn't find one. Maybe later I can go out with some of the others and we'll see if I can get one we'll have a roast or something. Mostly been waiting for the cathedral ceremony. I've been enraptured with my studies 'sides that. But the time will come when I have to try something new." the gnome shrugs and fidgets with his arrow while he surveys the rest of the crowd. "So guess you got no complaints working with the sherrif?"

Perception: 15 (rolled in OOC)

Smileybastard
2014-09-19, 05:26 PM
Eyotok

Upon hearing the boom the mouse scurries into the shoanti's pocket. Eyotok seems startled and then concerned hearing the shrieks.

1d20+6

Tybar
2014-09-20, 10:25 PM
"Yeah, no real complaints. I don't interact with him a lot, mostly just on patrols right now. I hope you bag one. They're really delicious if you get a good roast. I hope the studies go well...

He breaks off with all of the screams, looking around, not really sure where anything is.

[roll0]

DarkOne-Rob
2014-09-21, 01:18 AM
Everyone roll a Spot check.
Deren settles down to listen respectfully to Father Zantus. When the disturbance is heard he stands, looking around for the source of the noises, as Jade stretches itself out to get a glimpse too.

Deren's Perception [roll0]
Jade's Perception [roll1] (Jade will be able to communicate only through his Empathic Link (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/classes/wizard.html#familiar-empathic-link), expressing mostly emotions and rudimentary impressions (such as fear, pleasure, dislike, etc...).

Iktus
2014-09-21, 04:13 PM
Jamir was downing a glass of mead when he heard the commotion. Despite his careless demeanor he is quick to react and so he jolts up, looking around. Instinctively, his hand slides to the pommel of his rapier.

[roll0]

Filtro
2014-09-22, 11:27 AM
Everyone except Eyotok sees that the shape that raced by and killed the dog now hides at the edge of the wagon—a single goblin, licking the blood from its dogslicer as it looks excitedly at the crowd, seeking out a new target.

Surprise round for everyone except Eyotok. After that, if your option is to fight the goblin, please roll initiative.

DarkOne-Rob
2014-09-22, 11:47 AM
Surprise Round

Deren Urthn (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=1013663)
Male Neutral Human Witch, Level 1, Init +10, HP 10/10, Speed 30 ft.
AC 14, Touch 14, Flat-footed 10, CMD 14, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +2, CMB +0, Base Attack Bonus 0
Dagger +0 Melee/+4 Thrown (1d4, 19-20/x2)
Club +0 Melee/+4 Thrown (1d6, 20/x2)
Touch +0 Melee/+4 Ranged (Varies, 20/x2)
Abilities Str 10, Dex 18, Con 16, Int 20, Wis 11, Cha 13
Condition None
Deren points and the goblin and cries out, loudly, "Goblin! Get to safety!" before staring at the goblin and invoking a minor curse upon it.

Initiative [roll0]
Evil Eye (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/advanced/baseClasses/witch.html#evil-eye) at the goblin, invoking a -2 to its AC for 8 rounds - a DC 15 Will save reduces the duration to 1 round
How are we handling positions in combat? In games I run we use a google document (spreadsheet) that functions as a map. It takes some work for the DM, but has been worth it in my experience.

Tybar
2014-09-22, 11:48 AM
Quirel jumps up from the table, hand on his hammer's hilt. "Goblin! I'm going to go after it."

He heads straight for it, determination on his face.

I'm not sure how far it is, so let me know if I can get an attack, otherwise, I'll be closing.

Iktus
2014-09-22, 02:48 PM
Jamir takes a second to assess the situation; he knows enough about goblins to assume this one is not alone!
''what the hells are they doing here, especially TODAY'' he thinks
He retreats to a dark corner where he can keep the battlefield well in sight, drawing his sling and loading a bullet into it.
The brave people who lashed out to attack the goblin without a second thought seem to have that little beast under control, but Jamir was keeping an eye out for the others.
He KNEW there were bound to be others!

[roll0]
jamir rolled a 17 on the OOC
[roll1]

Iktus
2014-09-22, 05:17 PM
Forgot my stealth check!
[roll0]

PeglegJim
2014-09-23, 05:22 PM
"A goblin? What? No!" the gnome looks around in a state of confusion and fear "You're ruining the festival! Please stop!" the gnome cries out to the goblin.

Diplomacy: [roll0]
Initiative: [roll1]

Filtro
2014-09-25, 11:15 AM
Surprise Round

- Deren moves closer and gives the goblin the evil eye
- Quirel closes in on the goblin
- Jamir hears many more goblins chanting in the distance, moving in your direction. You know there's a goblin village nearby. The Licktoad tribe. They hate dogs and horses. They love fireworks. They occasionally eat humans. Jamir moves concealed to get in range with the goblin.
- Lupitine speaks to the goblin. In response, the goblin screams in his own language and two more goblins immediately appear to attack you.

Initiative order

1 - Deren, Quirel, Lupitine, Jamir
2 - Goblin 1
3 - Eyotok
4 - Goblins 2 and 3

The goblins gain the benefits of their warchanter’s inspire courage, gaining a + morale bonus on saving throws against fear and charm and on attack and damage rolls.

You hear them chanting in the distance:

Goblins chew and goblins bite.
Goblins cut and goblins fight.
Stab the dog and cut the horse,
Goblins eat and take by force!
Goblins race and goblins jump.
Goblins slash and goblins bump.
Burn the skin and mash the head,
Goblins here and you be dead!
Chase the baby, catch the pup.
Bonk the head to shut it up.
Bones be cracked, flesh be stewed,
We be goblins! You be food!

Tybar
2014-09-25, 04:21 PM
Quirel glances at the new goblins, but keeps his target as the first one, bringing his hammer down on the creature, not too conflicted after hearing that song.

[roll0]
dmg if it hits:
[roll1]

Also, note that I have both Combat Reflexes and Bodyguard, so if someone looks like they're in trouble, I will use it. (Dex 2, so two attacks of opportunity)

DarkOne-Rob
2014-09-25, 04:32 PM
Round 1

AC 14, Touch 14, Flat-footed 10, CMD 14, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +2, CMB +0, Base Attack Bonus 0
Club +0 Melee/+4 Thrown (1d6, 20/x2)
Touch +0 Melee/+4 Ranged (Varies, 20/x2)
Condition None
Deren silently draws a dagger as he moves slightly towards the sound of the approaching goblins. As soon as it comes into sight he directs his gaze at the singer, attempting to weaken it.

Deren uses his Evil Eye (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/advanced/baseClasses/witch.html#evil-eye) hex (-2 to its AC for 8 rounds - a DC 15 Will save reduces the duration to 1 round) on the next goblin that becomes visible, prioritizing any that appear to be singing (and leading the morale-boosting chant). He uses his move action to draw his dagger and takes a 5-ft. step in the direction of the oncoming goblins.

PeglegJim
2014-09-26, 08:14 AM
Lupetine almost reflexively fires at the attacking goblin with his little hunting bow.

attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]
(+1 to attack & damage if within 30 ft)

Filtro
2014-09-26, 11:55 AM
Quirel bashes the goblin's skull in, killing in instantly.

As Goblins 2 and 3 approach, Deren gives Goblin 2 the evil eye. The chanter is still not in sight. You realize now there's dozens of goblins moving in your direction in the distance.

Lupitine shoots an arrow at one of the incoming Goblins and hits it in the arm.

1 - Deren, Quirel, Lupitine, Jamir
2 - Goblin 1 - dead
3 - Eyotok
4 - Goblins 2(Evil Eyed and arrow in arm) and 3 (full hp)

Iktus
2014-09-26, 05:40 PM
Seeing as a courageous gnome fires his bow upon a Goblin, Jamir moves, concealed, close enough to the 3rd goblin to pick off his weakspots. He takes careful aim and unloads his sling

attack: [roll0] and damage [roll1] + [roll2]

Jamir curses: bloody hells! Not only has he missed his target, but his shot probably alerted the goblins of his location

Smileybastard
2014-09-26, 08:11 PM
Eyotok

Upon seeing the goblins and the battle that has begun Eyotok charges towards the nearest group of goblins drawing Tokka (feather), his greatsword, and slicing at the creatures.

Power Attack & charge, reducing AC to 13.
To Hit [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

if it hits he will cleave tot he next one.

To Hit [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

Filtro
2014-09-28, 07:30 AM
Jamir stabs Goblin 3 in the back, just before Eyotok charges in and decapitates both goblins.

Each of you gains 80xp.

Initiative order is still in effect, as all of you sense an army of goblins racing everywhere, running amok and singing and slashing indiscriminately. No goblins close by this round.

Tybar
2014-09-28, 07:46 AM
Quirel looks around, trying to find the other goblins, especially any sort of leader, then looks to the man next to him, Eyetok. Quirel, of the town guard. Mind helping me with more of them? You still back there Lupitine?

Nothing mechanical here.

Smileybastard
2014-09-28, 07:52 AM
Eyotok

"I am Eyotok of the Sheiikiri clan and I am no friend to goblins."

The big man grins as the mouse pops it head out of his belt pouch. "Not yet little friend." He gently pushed the mouse in as he looks around for more goblins.

Perception [roll0]

Filtro
2014-09-28, 08:34 AM
A sudden bloom of fire grabs your attention. A group of goblins has found the cart full of fuel for the bonfire just south of the festival grounds and have lit it on fire.

Several cackling and shrieking goblins armed with dogslicers and torches just approached your location. As soon as the goblins see you, they shriek in delight and attack. You count 4 regular warrior goblins and 1 warchanter coming your way.
http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/af69/jrprzyby/RotRL%20Burnt%20Offerings/GoblinWarchanter.jpg

Initiative Order

1 - Goblin 2
2 - Jamir, Jade, Lupitine and Quirrel
3 - Goblin Warchanter
4 - Eyotok
5 - Goblins 1, 3 and 4

Goblin 2 rushes in and tries to burn Eyotok with his torch.
1d20-1
1d2+1

Filtro
2014-09-28, 08:37 AM
Goblin 2 rushes in and tries to burn Eyotok with his torch.
[roll0]
[roll1]

PeglegJim
2014-09-28, 11:17 AM
"I'm still here. Doing alright." Lup says back. When the warchanter is within his sights, he identifies them as their leader or at the very least some kind of profane being devoid of any decency for playing such a large roll in so many fires and dead dogs. He moves up.

"Your actions have forced me to defend myself and declare you an enemy of the gods. May there be mercy on your soul." and with that, he moves up and sends an arrow imbued with holy energy towards the warchanter.

Moving within 30 ft of warchanter (if possible with standard move) and declaring a smite on him as a swift action.

Tybar
2014-09-29, 09:55 AM
Quirel swings at the goblin that just swung wildly at Eyetok, frowning at the mass of them coming on them, and glad that more people seem to be fighting.

Attack, Warhammer
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]

DarkOne-Rob
2014-09-30, 06:34 AM
Round 2

(No Armor) (+4 Dex)
Condition None
Deren turns to the chanter, focusing his gaze on the little creature and moving in its direction, careful to get behind cover as he does so.

Standard action to use Evil Eye (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/advanced/baseClasses/witch.html#evil-eye) hex (-2 to its Saving Throws for 8 rounds - a DC 15 Will save reduces the duration to 1 round) on the singing goblin.
Move action to approach the singer while staying carefully out of melee range and using cover to stay safe from ranged attacks.

Filtro
2014-10-01, 05:00 AM
Lupitine shoots an arrow at the Warchanter. He shrieks in pain, but it's still alive. He stopped chanting for a moment, but resumed it a second later.

Quirrel misses the goblin with the torch.

Deren moves quietly through the wreckage and gives the warchanter the evil eye.

The warchanter sings more aggressively for a moment and seems to focus on Lupitine.
He's casting a daze spell on you

1 - Goblin 2 - done
2 - Jamir, Jade, Lupitine, Deren and Quirrel - done
3 - Goblin Warchanter - done
4 - Eyotok
5 - Goblins 1, 3 and 4

Smileybastard
2014-10-01, 07:58 AM
Eyotok

Eyotok grins as the goblin misses him with the torch and swings his greatsword at the green menace.

To hit [roll0]
damage [roll1]

confirm crit [roll2]
damage [roll3]

PeglegJim
2014-10-01, 08:54 AM
Noo my mediocre will save, my one weakness

Will save: [roll0]

Filtro
2014-10-02, 05:30 PM
Eyotok misses Goblin 2.

Goblin 1 attacks Eyotok with his dogslicer.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Goblin 3 attacks Quirel
[roll2]
[roll3]

Goblin 4 also attacks Quirel
[roll4]
[roll5]

1 - Goblin 2
2 - Jamir, Jade, Lupitine, Deren and Quirrel
3 - Goblin Warchanter - done
4 - Eyotok
5 - Goblins 1, 3 and 4

Goblin 2 realizes this particular group of people is fighting back, tosses his torch, draws his dogslicer and attacks Eyotok
[roll6]
[roll7]

PeglegJim
2014-10-02, 06:51 PM
"Huh what, where am I? Oh!" the gnome snaps out of the spell and fires at the warchanter.

Tybar
2014-10-02, 08:30 PM
Quirel shrugs off the first goblin's attack with his shield, but winces as the other goblin hits him. He takes a swing at the first one again, hoping to take it down this time to avoid getting double-teamed again.

9/14 HP
Attack with Warhammer on Goblin 3:
[roll0]
[roll1]

DarkOne-Rob
2014-10-03, 09:12 AM
Round 3

(No Armor) (+4 Dex)
Condition None
Seeing the town's guardman injured, Deren makes his way to him and invokes his healing power, saying, "Take care - this will help!"

Move to Quirel and use Healing (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/advanced/baseClasses/witch.html#healing) hex for [roll0] HPs healed.

Filtro
2014-10-05, 05:34 AM
Lupitine shoots the warchanter in his throat, shutting him up and killing him.

Quirel bashes Goblin 3's head in and kills it as well.

Deren heals Quirel.

1 - Goblin 2
2 - Jamir, Jade, Lupitine, Deren and Quirrel - Only Jamir left
4 - Eyotok
5 - Goblins 1 and 4

Filtro
2014-10-08, 03:52 PM
Eyotok misses.

1 - Goblin 2 - done
2 - The Party - done
5 - Goblins 1 and 4 - done

Goblin 1 attacks Eyotok
[roll0]
[roll1]

Goblin 4 attacks Quirel
[roll2]
[roll3]

New Round

Goblin 2 attacks Eyotok
[roll4]
[roll5]

1 - Goblin 2 - done
2 - The Party
5 - Goblins 1 and 4

DarkOne-Rob
2014-10-08, 04:08 PM
Round 4

(No Armor) (+4 Dex)
Condition None
Deren moves with his dagger drawn to help Quirel flank the goblin (4) attacking him. As he does so he glares at the little cretin, invoking his hex yet again.

Move action to get to the other side of goblin without incurring attacks of opportunity if possible.
Standard action to invoke the Evil Eye (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/advanced/baseClasses/witch.html#evil-eye) hex to give the goblin a -2 penalty to his AC (for 8 rounds unless the goblin succeeds at a DC 15 Will save, in which case it lasts 1 round). (This, in addition to the flanking bonus, should help dispatch this goblin faster).

PeglegJim
2014-10-08, 11:50 PM
Lupetine, shocked by the death of the warchanter, trembles as he knocks and arrow and fires at Quirel's attacker once he gets in point blank range.
On Goblin 4
attack [roll0]

Smileybastard
2014-10-09, 05:16 AM
Eyotok

Eyotok swings at the goblin again, fustrated at his inability to hit his tiny foes.

to hit [roll0]
damage [roll1]

Tybar
2014-10-09, 10:13 AM
Quirel staggers a bit at the hard blow from the one goblin, then brings his warhammer down on one of the cursed things on Eyetok, happy to have the others around him.

Quirel swings at a goblin on Eyetok, seeing as the one on him is probably dead due to arrow.

[roll0]
Dmg:
[roll1]

I hate to bring this up...but I think that one goblin Critted him last round. Let me know what the extra damage is.

Filtro
2014-10-09, 02:32 PM
Deren and Lupitine take care of Goblin 4.
Eyotok misses.
Quirel slays Goblin 1.

1 - Goblin 2
2 - The Party

Goblin 2, swings his scimitar at Quirel as a desperate last act.
[roll0]
[roll1]

DarkOne-Rob
2014-10-09, 02:41 PM
Round 5

(No Armor) (+4 Dex)
Condition None
Seeing no other immediate threats, Deren moves towards the final goblin, dagger brandished in front and an evil glare directed at the little cretin.

Move action to get into position to flank the goblin with another PC, if possible, without incurring attacks of opportunity.
Standard action to invoke the Evil Eye (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/advanced/baseClasses/witch.html#evil-eye) hex to give the goblin a -2 penalty to his AC (for 8 rounds unless the goblin succeeds at a DC 15 Will save, in which case it lasts 1 round).

Filtro
2014-10-09, 02:46 PM
1d20-1
I've been forgetting this. Sorry.

Filtro
2014-10-09, 02:47 PM
Not sure why it didnt work... [roll0]

Smileybastard
2014-10-09, 08:25 PM
Eyotok

Frustrated with the little green monsters Eyotok gives into his frustration and lashes out again.

Rage
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Smileybastard
2014-10-09, 08:28 PM
Eyotok

Confirmation roll [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Filtro
2014-10-09, 09:09 PM
Eyotok cuts the last goblin in half.

Combat's over. Each of you gains 135XP.

As Eyotok slays the last goblin, you all find a moment to breathe and check your surroundings.
Things have somewhat calmed down around you. Here and there, the sounds of battle, clanging swords, calls of support by the town guards, and shrieking and singing goblins echo through the streets. But at the festival itself, most of the citizens have fled. One or two goblins remain behind scavenging food, and many more lie dead, along with a few unfortunate citizens.

It is obvious that the fight has moved on. You suddenly hear a scream and a frantic barking coming from the north.

Locals might wanna roll Local Knowledge.

DarkOne-Rob
2014-10-09, 09:30 PM
Deren moves towards the nearest injured townsfolk, doing his best to heal those in need while there is a moment of relative safety. At the sound of the scream and barking he turns and moves that direction, looking for the source of the commotion.

The Healing (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/advanced/baseClasses/witch.html#healing) hex has an unlimited number of potential targets daily, so Deren will be spreading the healing out to any townsfolk in need, prioritizing those who look to still be alive but unconscious first.

He is not technically a local, but I do have a rank in Knowledge (Local), so... [roll0]

Smileybastard
2014-10-09, 09:39 PM
Eyotok

Eyotok calms himself and upon hearing the screams heads to the north, Tokka in hand, looking for the source of trouble.

Perception to find the source of the screaming [roll0]

Filtro
2014-10-10, 06:44 AM
@ Deren and Eyotok

You realize the screams and barks come from the street in front of the White Deer's. A minute is all it would take you to get there.

Tybar
2014-10-10, 09:07 AM
Quirel steadies himself, then looks around for more trouble, even as he hears the screaming.

[roll0]

PeglegJim
2014-10-10, 04:54 PM
Lup listens for any remaining signs of danger

Perception: [roll0]

DarkOne-Rob
2014-10-10, 05:26 PM
Turning towards the sound of commotion, Deren cries, "It's coming from in front of the White Deer!" and begins running in that direction.

Smileybastard
2014-10-10, 05:42 PM
Eyotok

Eyotok begins to run towards the White deer. "This way!"

Tybar
2014-10-10, 09:50 PM
Quirel runs with the others, glad to not be the only one to have thought it came that way.

PeglegJim
2014-10-12, 11:24 AM
Lupitine runs after Quirel, going about as fast as his short stubby legs will let him.

"Where are we running?"

Filtro
2014-10-12, 05:09 PM
Just east of the White Deer, near Sandpoint's north gate, a goblin commando mounted on a goblin dog has bravely attacked a noble and his hunting dog. Some of you recognize the man in question is as Aloern Foxglove, a local noble.
He cowers behind a rain barrel where he calls for help, while his dog fights against the commando. You arrive on the scene just in time to see the goblin commando kill the dog with his horsechopper. The dog crashes dying to the ground as the commando's goblin kin (who were themselves cowering nearby as the dog was handled) throw up a cheer and emerge from hiding.
The goblins are still distracted by their kill, and as they turn their attention to Foxglove, you all get the opportunity to attack with surprise.

You all get a surprise round. Please roll initiative.
Goblin Commando riding a Goblin Dog - [roll0]
Goblin Dog - [roll1]
Goblin 1 - [roll2]
Goblin 2 - [roll3]
Goblin 3 - [roll4]

Filtro
2014-10-12, 05:11 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ZcVYbs5.jpg

Smileybastard
2014-10-12, 05:46 PM
Eyotok

Eyotok charges the goblin commando on the parody of a dog, his greatsword over his head. Rage fills his blood as he closes.

Begins raging, cleave, power attack
Initiative

Attack 1d20+6[/roll]
Damage [/roll]2d6+9[/roll]

if he hits he will cleave he will then attack the dog

Attack [/roll]1d20+6[/roll]
Damage [/roll]2d6+9[/roll]

DarkOne-Rob
2014-10-12, 05:55 PM
Surprise Round

(No Armor) (+4 Dex)
Condition None
His dagger drawn, Deren eyes the goblin leader, hoping to weaken it enough for others to dispose of it quickly.

Initiative [roll0]
Invoke Evil Eye (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/advanced/baseClasses/witch.html#evil-eye) to give the goblin commando a -2 penalty to AC (lasts 8 rounds unless the commando passes a DC 15 Will save - if it passes, the penalty lasts only one round).

Tybar
2014-10-12, 08:36 PM
Quirel charges in, swinging his warhammer in from the side at one of the goblins, having liked the dog more than at least some of the nobles in town.

Initiative: [roll0]

Attack:
[roll1]
Damage:
[roll2]

PeglegJim
2014-10-12, 10:08 PM
Lupitine gulps and manages to force his trembling hands to nock and fire one of his hunting arrows at the goblin commando once he gets within range.

Filtro
2014-10-13, 09:52 AM
Deren evil eyes the commando, as Eyotok slashes both rider and dog, and they fall to the ground, with spasms and contorting in pain.

Quirel slays one of the goblins and Lupitine slays another.

The last goblin starts to flee...

Aldern stands up and thanks the you profusely. He seems to focus his attention on Eyotokt, complimenting him on his skill at arms and bravery.
As he glances about nervously looking for more goblins, he informs you that he'll be in town for a few more days; he's staying at the Rusty Dragon to the south, and when you get a chance, he'd love to talk with you more and perhaps reward you properly for saving his life.

By the time the four of you defeat the goblin commando and save Aldern Foxglove from his fate, Sandpoint's overall battle against the goblins has been decided. Surviving goblins flee north in droves , in some cases preferring to leap to their certain deaths off the cliff at Junker's Edge rather than be captured. Several of the little menaces are caught alive.

In the shadow of the goblin attack, Sandpoint is hardly interested in finishing up the Swallowtail Festival. Citizens retreat to their homes to hide and recover from
the day's horrors, yet as they go, some of them take the time to thank the four of you for saving them.

Finally, at some point before the end of the day, each of you is approached by Ameiko Kaijitsu. The innkeeper has been quite impressed with the your actions, and offers all of you free rooms at the Rusty Dragon for a week as a way to thank you for helping to defeat the goblins.

Smileybastard
2014-10-13, 10:32 AM
Eyotok

Eyotok calms from his rage and after looking around and seeing no more Goblins or screams put his hand to his wound and comes back covered in blood. "Mmmm."

He only nods in response to Aldern as he pulls his mouse out of his pouch and strokes it softly, a smile on his lips. He then heads out looking for more of the little terrors.

When Ameiko offers her praise and a room, he smile and thanks her and then retires to the Inn at the end of the day.

Tybar
2014-10-13, 10:52 AM
Quirel accepts the thanks with a grim smile of his own. "I just hope they learn their lesson from this..."

He turns to each of those who assisted him. "I am Quirel Welian of the town guard, thank you for fighting with me. If you need me for anything, don't hesitate to ask."

He reports in with the rest of the guard, and, if not needed, will retire for the evening slightly early, intending on speaking to the noble in the morning.

PeglegJim
2014-10-13, 11:25 AM
Lupitine politely declines Ameiko's offer.

"My gods, what a mess. I guess I better get home, see if everyone's alright. Nah, they're fine, they can handle themselves. Gnomes have been fighting goblins for generations. Bye Quirel! Going home."

Lupitine gathers his things and goes back to his humble little seaside abode.

DarkOne-Rob
2014-10-13, 01:24 PM
A bit uncomfortable in the spotlight, Deren sighs in visible relief as the goblins flee and the noble focuses on another. He moves to heal first the combatants and then any injured townsfolk while listening to what everyone has to say.

I am not sure who all needs healing, but I know that Eyotok does. I will use my Healing hex on all injured PCs first, then on townsfolk. If an individual needs more healing than the hex provides, I can convert up to two spells to Cure Light Wounds still today.

In the sake of fairness, I will do the rolls for all hexes/spells directed at PCs, and players can claim healing in the order of their posting after this post:

Hexes (one per character per day) - [roll0], [roll1], [roll2], [roll3]
Spells (up to two, as needed) - [roll4], [roll5]
The opportunity to sleep in a bed in an inn appeals to Deren, and he readily accepts her hospitality. After healing all in need, he makes his way there right away, looking forward to his room.

Smileybastard
2014-10-13, 03:07 PM
Eyotok

Eyotok sighs in pleasure as he is healed and his wounds vanish. Smiling he says,"Thank you my friend."

Filtro
2014-10-13, 03:22 PM
@ Quirel
As you meet other guards, you see they have been interrogating the captured goblins. You learn that none of these goblins know much more than that they were given orders to kill everyone in town and burn down the place. None of the captured goblins can even remember their leader's name, apart from the fact that he was one of "you longshanks."
Their leader was on a secret mission to the town's graveyard-that much most goblins can say, but none of them know what that mission was . It was secret, after all!

Next few days:

As Sandpoint recovers from the attack and buries its (thankfully few) dead, the citizens do their best to get on with their lives. The cathedral is consecrated the next day during a much more subdued and indoor ceremony, but by the end of the week, the goblin attack is remembered mostly with chuckles.
Now that the terror of the raid is over, images of goblins accidentaly lighting themselves on fire, getting stepped on by horses, or drowning in falf-full rain barrels color memories of the raid in an almost comical light.

But one thing the locals haven't forgotten is their new heroes.

The names Eyotok, Deren, Quirel and Lupitine became household knowledge.
Everywhere you go in town, locals welcome you. A simple walk down Main Street might result in local baker, Alma Avertin, charging out to press a freshbaked loaf of bread into the arms of one of you with worried comments that you must be starving. A visit to the Hagfish brings an immediate round of cheers, applause, and a round of drinks on the house (and likely a challenge to drink from Norah's tank).

Those of you staying for free at the Rusty Dragon, get to eat in the morning as much as you want.

DarkOne-Rob
2014-10-13, 06:28 PM
Deren, generally unused to positive attention from large groups of people, spends much of the next day in a daze. With a smile plastered on his face and continual surprise at the cheers and offers of drinks he wanders Sandpoint, seeing everything in a largely new light. He makes it a point to check in with Jubrayl Vhiski, making sure he is well in spite of the goblin attack and then enjoys the city's sights.

Smileybastard
2014-10-13, 06:41 PM
Eyotok

Eyotok enjoys the rewards of friendliness of the citizen's of Sandpoint, but does not let it go to his head. He still recalls missing the little beasts over and over at the begining. He does not see himself as a hero.

Tybar
2014-10-14, 10:30 AM
Quirel makes a point to check out the graveyard after the attack, but otherwise, mostly just enjoys a bit of rest and relaxation as he can get it. While he's found the beds to be wonderful at the inn...he mostly accepted the offer out of surprise and thoughts of that delicious food.

When he can, he makes sure to share some of his good fortune with the other guards, as well as inquire as to those injured.

PeglegJim
2014-10-14, 10:58 AM
Lupitine responds to the attention with humility, going so far as to downplay or occasionally even outright deny his involvement. For the most part he tries to keep things the same as they always were. He goes to the cathedral, studies the scriptures, and practices his marksmanship.

Smileybastard
2014-10-14, 04:26 PM
Eyotok

After hearing about the mission the goblins Eyotok the group to gather at the Rusty Dragon to discuss it.

PeglegJim
2014-10-15, 12:45 PM
Lupitine enters the Rusty Dragon to figure out what the big human wants.

"Greetings big human. What do you want from this humble servant of the gods?"

DarkOne-Rob
2014-10-15, 02:44 PM
Deren is eating (again) when he sees Eyotok and the others start to gather. Silently taking his plate over to the group he sits and listens to the news, apprehension crossing his face. "I cannot imagine there is anything good to come from a human directing goblins to attack so that they can steal something from a consecrated graveyard..." he says, in between bites of his meal. "Has anyone heard what they took?"

Tybar
2014-10-15, 04:27 PM
Quirel shakes his head at the question. "The goblins weren't informed of the man's plans, and I haven't heard anything from the guard. They were busy after all of that mess though."

He looks at the others. "I don't know if there would be any harm in us investigating."

Smileybastard
2014-10-15, 08:35 PM
Eyotok

"I am concerned with human directing them and dealing with the cemetery. I doubt it is simple grave robbing. I feel dark magic afoot."

Filtro
2014-10-16, 01:17 PM
While you discuss your next move, the man you saved before, Aldern Foxglove engages Eyotok in conversation,l but speaking to all of you.
"Ha-ha, great heroes! I thank you once again for saving me! I'll tell you what... I'll buy each one of you a horse of your own, and you'll come boar hunt with me this afternoon!...hen?! What do you say?..."

Tybar
2014-10-16, 02:24 PM
Quirel is a bit startled at the man's suggestion. "Well, I guess I could, but you could just rent one for me. There's no need to buy me a horse just for one hunt. I appreciate it though."

PeglegJim
2014-10-16, 05:50 PM
"Sure. I was meaning to do some hunting anyway. I'll look into that graveyard thing later. I'm no investigator, but since it's near the cathedral, it couldn't hurt." the gnome hops off his oversized chair.

DarkOne-Rob
2014-10-16, 05:57 PM
Deren raises an eyebrow at Quirel's statement before replying, "I would be thrilled to join you, Mr. Foxglove, and will happily take his horse when the hunt is over!" He then takes a ferocious bite of his meal to hide the smile on his face.

Smileybastard
2014-10-16, 08:32 PM
Eyotok

Eyotok smiles. "I do enjoy the hunt and I would be most thankful for the horse."

Filtro
2014-10-16, 09:15 PM
Aldern claps his hands in delight. He then motions you to follow him to the Goblin Squash Stables, where he gladly buys each of you a horse of your choice (Quirel, he insists) then eagerly leads you and his three manservants west over Tanner’s Bridge and along the southern banks of the Turandarok River.

It’s a two mile ride to the Tickwood Ford, just north of the upthrust limestone escarpment known as the Devil’s Platter. Despite its ominous name, Tickwood is actually a relatively safe woodland, one well known to be the home of wild boars, deer, and perhaps one or two firepelt cougars—no goblin tribes dwell within its boundaries.

The ride to Tickwood takes about a half hour, and Aldern Foxglove makes conversation while you ride. He seems interested to know where you're all from and what your plans for the future are and makes conversation while you ride. He’s a charming conversationalist, well-read and with a seemingly endless cache of stories about the high life in Magnimar.
He’s more interested in you, though. "Who are you? Where are you from? How long have you been fighting goblins? Do you have any harrowing tales of your adventures?"
In particular, Aldern seems be particularly interested in Eyotok, as if he was trying a desperate attempt to “learn how to be a hero.”

Tybar
2014-10-16, 09:37 PM
Quirel is soft-spoken, but does give a few good stories, most of them about patrols and his friends there. He does have a few minor stories about goblin fights on patrol, but nothing like the recent time.

DarkOne-Rob
2014-10-16, 10:58 PM
Though inexperienced with actual horseback riding, Deren enjoys the experience and handles his light horse with some natural skill. When asked questions he answers with short, simple answers. "Deren - All over, I have traveled with other Sczarni most of my life - Yesterday was the first time I have ever fought goblins..."

Smileybastard
2014-10-17, 05:29 AM
Eyotok

Eyotok is reluctant to accept the mantle of a hero. He introduces them to his mouse friend, shadow.
"I am shoanti and am on a spirit walk to learn my path in life. I have lived a harsh but wonderful life and wandered this land at the whim of Shriikiri my clans totem animal, the hawk."

PeglegJim
2014-10-17, 11:03 AM
"I live in Sandpoint, but used to live someplace else closer to the forests." Lupitine doesn't say much else, once more uncomfortable with the attention and his new role here. He is more interested in the boar, occasionally asking "Are we there yet?" and twiddling with his arrows and small sized bow.

Filtro
2014-10-17, 09:57 PM
"Indeed we are, friend Lupitine. Let's hunt some boars!
What about the rest of you, where are you from? How did you come to be so strong and brave?"
Everyone please roll Ride/Animal Handling in order to ride your horse. Also roll Survival and Know Local to hunt.

Smileybastard
2014-10-17, 10:05 PM
Eyotok

"Is there a particular technique you use to hunt boars? I know some peoples make it a sport and use particular weapons etc."

Ride [roll0]
Handle Animal [roll1]
Survival [roll2]
Know(Local) [roll3]

DarkOne-Rob
2014-10-17, 10:15 PM
Deren rides along, smiling at the noble's enthusiasm. "Sometimes being brave isn't really a choice - it is either bravery or misery. It can be quite lonely, being different than those around you, and when threatened or bullied bravery is the only choice that doesn't invite more suffering," he says to no one in particular.

Ride (untrained) [roll0]
Survival (untrained) [roll1]
Knowledge (Local) [roll]1d20+10[roll]

PeglegJim
2014-10-17, 10:43 PM
Ride: [roll0]
Handle Animal: [roll1]
Survival:[roll2]
Knowledge(local) untrained: [roll3]

DarkOne-Rob
2014-10-17, 10:52 PM
Re-rolling due to failed typing...
Knowledge (Local) [roll0]

Tybar
2014-10-17, 11:07 PM
Quirel scratches his chin. "I don't know about most. I just feel like it's my duty to help the watch. It does help me keep strong too."

Handle Animal:
[roll0]
Ride:
[roll1]
Survival
[roll2]
Knowledge(Local):
[roll3]

Filtro
2014-10-19, 05:34 PM
"The boars of Tickwood are typical specimens of their ilk-ill tempered and quick to attack anyone who intrudes upon their territory. But you are great heroes, it should be a walk in the park. Ha ha."

Eyotok and his horse seemed to have clicked immediately, graciously riding through the woods.
Deren follows along, also synchronizing with his new horse pretty well.

Once Quirel and Lupitine manage to get used to theirs, they take the lead at the sides of Foxglove. After a while, they can hear a boar charging at them. This ill-tempered beast’s tiny, bloodshot eyes glare angrily above a mouth filled with sharp tusks.

Roll initiative.
[roll0]

http://i.imgur.com/r8E6pPO.png

Smileybastard
2014-10-19, 06:09 PM
Eyotok

Eyotok draws tokka and smiles. "The hunt is on!"

Initiative [roll0]

DarkOne-Rob
2014-10-19, 08:31 PM
Looking at the oncoming boar with something between fear and respect, pulls out his club and prepares to use his magic to help take the beast down.

[roll0]

Tybar
2014-10-19, 09:02 PM
Quirel readies his warhammer, swinging it idly for a moment, wondering how best to strike the beast.

[roll0]

DarkOne-Rob
2014-10-19, 10:05 PM
Round 1

(No Armor) (+4 Dex)
Condition None
Deren looks at Eyotok and his weapon before leaning over and touching him lightly, saying only, "Here, this should help..." and reciting something in Draconic.

"Enlarge Person"
Move as necessary and cast Enlarge Person (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/enlargePerson.html#enlarge-person) on Eyotok, changing his stats as follows for 10 rounds:

Size become "Large"
Strength +2
Dexterity -2
-1 AC
-1 to Hit
Weapon size increases based on his weapon (greatsword becomes 3d6 base damage).

Smileybastard
2014-10-20, 05:19 AM
Eyotok

Eyotok dismounts as he closes on the boar, swinging the greatsword at the beast with a roar.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Smileybastard
2014-10-20, 05:20 AM
Eyotok

The great blade bites deeply into the beast.

Confirm [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Filtro
2014-10-20, 04:31 PM
Enlarged by Deren, Eyotok kills the boar in one swift sword swing!

Foxglove seems impressed once again, "You are great, friend! Today we eat boar! Ha ha!
I invite you to meet me in the Rusty Dragon this evening, where I will hand the boar over to Ameiko to cook for a big dinner! Ah, Eyotok... Great hero you are!"
He then starts to head back to town, stopping and waiting for you to follow.

Each of you gains 150xp, except Eyotok, who gets 151xp xD
The horses are yours to keep.
Btw, guys, Rise of the Runelords uses the Fast Advancement, so you'll level up at 1300XP

Tybar
2014-10-20, 09:11 PM
Quirel barely has time to shift in the unfamiliar saddle as Deren moves and says something in a language he doesn't understand.

In the next moment, as he gets a bead on the boar, Eyetok's sword cleaves through the boar, and Quirel blinks, then puts the warhammer back at his side.

"Excellent teamwork you two! I guess I'll see you all at the Rusty Dragon tonight then."

Smileybastard
2014-10-20, 09:16 PM
Eyotok

Eyotok smiles at Deren and his great size. "I like that."

PeglegJim
2014-10-21, 09:04 AM
"Well I guess it wouldn't be right to turn down a meal. See you later."

DarkOne-Rob
2014-10-21, 03:15 PM
Deren nods at Eyotok, a twinkle in his eye. "It can be a handy trick!" he says, "Though it doesn't last very long. We will need more than just you to carry the carcass back..."

He does what he can to help dress the animal, his natural dexterity proving useful, though his lack of experience doesn't help.

Filtro
2014-10-21, 04:56 PM
You all gather in the Rusty Dragon with Foxglove. The boar is served and you're all free to eat as much as you'd like.

Suddenly, while you're enjoying the boar you caught, a surly visitor slams the tavern's door open and bellows out a sharp -tongued command in a strange language (Minkaian, if any of you can understand it, please let me know).
The other patrons of the bar, seeming to recognize him, grow very quiet and interested in their meals.

By the way, here's some pictures of Alern Foxglove and the Rusty Dragon's owner, Ameiko Kajitsu.

http://cdn.obsidianportal.com/assets/240347/AldernFoxglove.png
http://pathfinderwiki.com/mediawiki/images/thumb/0/03/Ameiko.jpg/250px-Ameiko.jpg

Tybar
2014-10-21, 08:29 PM
Quirel is tucking into a slice of ham when the man bursts in. He looks up, frowning, but not wanting to say anything yet on his day off.

Do I recognize him, being a local?

Smileybastard
2014-10-21, 08:39 PM
Eyotok

Eyotok looks up at the rude intruder making eye contact with him, while noting the other tavern patrons avoiding the same.

Perception to see any details of the intruder [roll0]

PeglegJim
2014-10-22, 02:23 PM
Lupitine is quiet and remains quite interested in his meal. He mumbles something about the killing of the hog lacking the grace of a spearing or an arrow with a couple of the best cuts split apart, but the chef apparently found some way to make it work.

DarkOne-Rob
2014-10-22, 02:33 PM
Suddenly, while you're enjoying the boar you caught, a surly visitor slams the tavern's door open and bellows out a sharp -tongued command in a strange language (Minkaian, if any of you can understand it, please let me know).
The other patrons of the bar, seeming to recognize him, grow very quiet and interested in their meals.
Deren looks up as the man barges into the common room, furrowing his brow as he listens to the strange language. Noticing the rest of the room's sudden quiet and avoiding the man's gaze he sits up and leans back from his food, watching the man warily...

Filtro
2014-10-22, 03:08 PM
@ Quirel
You recognize this man as a local aristocrat named Lonjiku Kaijitsu, an elderly Tian man and one of Sandpoint's most well-known nobles.
He is also the father of Ameiko Kajitsu, the owner of the Rusty Dragon.

@ Eyotok
The speaks a language you cannot understand but he seems to be looking for someone.

@ Everyone
Lonjiku stalks farther into the tavern, his eyes scanning the room, looking for someone or something.
He finally looks over at your table, as some of you make eye contact and observe him, he approaches you, this time speaking in common.

"So these are the heroes who saved Sandpoint from the raid, hun? Ha! You did nothing but endanger the townsfolk with your ill-advised "antics"! You should have left the defense of the town to the city guard and other trained professionals!"

Tybar
2014-10-22, 03:49 PM
Quirel stands after the man speaks. "With all due respect Mr. Kaijitsu, I am a part of the city guard. I just happened to be off-duty that day. These brave people assisted me admirably in the defense of the town. It was unfortunate that the guards on duty were under enough attack to warrant our needing to fight though."

He stands fairly stiffly now, trying to look official.

Filtro
2014-10-22, 03:54 PM
@ Quirel

Lonjiku barks a derisive laugh, rolls his eyes, and says, "Just what we need - a filthy band of vagrants to attract even more trouble to town, and a guard to assist them!"

DarkOne-Rob
2014-10-22, 04:33 PM
Deren sits quietly through the man's tirade, stoically nods at Quirel's statement, and then looks to take some offense at the description of "filthy vagrants." When he says that Deren takes a deep breath, through the nose, and sits back, his arms crossed in front of him before saying, "So, I take it healing the injured is just another way of causing trouble, then? Who should I have let bleed out, instead of helping them, in your opinion?"

PeglegJim
2014-10-22, 04:50 PM
"What? What did I do?" he said defensively as his meal was interrupted.

He stands on his chair to meet the human at eye level.

"And I'm not a vagrant. But I don't care about that. Surely you can at least concede that it's better that we try to do something than not. The guard is too understaffed and as a community we're too isolated to turn down help. Maybe you could tell us what your real problem is and we can continue this when I'm done?"

Diplomacy: [roll0]
Sense Motive: [roll1]

ouch. no luck there

Smileybastard
2014-10-22, 05:31 PM
Eyotok

Eyotok rises to his feet and take a step towards the man staring directly into his eyes. "My friends and I fought the attacking goblins and helped defeat them and drive them away. I do not understand how you could feel this was anything but assistance to the town and the guards. Maybe you are simply jealous of the attention we received."

Eyotok's mouse pops his head out of Eyotok's pouch to see what all the fuss is about.

Filtro
2014-10-22, 06:29 PM
Lonjiku started talking back at you, when his daughter Ameiko came rushing into the front room, a ladle dripping with soup in her hand, to find out what all the ruckus is about.
The two argue in Minkaian for a moment.
Enraged, after a while, Lonjiku tries to grab her by the hair to drag her from the tavern, but she dodges and brains him with her soupy ladle, spattering fish stock and potatoes all over his hair and outfit.

Smileybastard
2014-10-22, 06:36 PM
Eyotok

Eyotok takes a step forward when Lonjiku tries to grab Ameiko, but relaxes somewhat when she brains him.

DarkOne-Rob
2014-10-22, 07:43 PM
Deren watches the confrontation closely, putting a hand lightly on Eyotok's arm as he begins to rise. "Wait a moment, friend," he whispers. "These two look like family, and I think she can handle herself..."

When he is proved right, Deren nods and smiles. Seeing the mess, he stands and moves to help clean up, finishing by taking his bowl (along with other scraps) to the kitchen. He then returns with another helping and resumes eating, contentedly.

Tybar
2014-10-23, 08:29 AM
Quirel nods to Deren. "He is her father, a local noble. That said, this is unacceptable, and I will make certain that the sheriff hears about it."

PeglegJim
2014-10-23, 12:15 PM
"Ha! Did you see when he got hit with a spoon? That was funny. I know us spiritual types don't got a reputation for humor, but it's important to appreciate the small things." Lupitine continues eating.

Tybar
2014-10-23, 12:47 PM
Quirel smirks a bit at that. "She was an adventurer a while back wasn't she? I wouldn't want to fight her."

He takes another bite of the boar thoughtfully. "Especially if it meant I wouldn't get to eat this again."

Filtro
2014-10-23, 03:33 PM
This act of public defiance wounds Lonjiku's pride more than anything else, and after he sputters for a moment, he finds his voice and utters something in his own language, before leaving the tavern.

Whatever he said, it must have been a somewhat cruel comment that almost brings Ameiko to tears, yet as her father leaves, she bravely picks up her ladle, inspects it, pulls a hair out of the mess, and says, "I'll need a well-cleaned ladle now, since jackass stew's not on the menu." The resulting cheers and laughter from the tavern's patrons help her attitude immensely.

You keep eating and talking.
After a while, Quirel notices a group of girls looking at him, blushing and giggling.

Each of you gains 100xp and you may call it a day. You still have 6 days to sleep at the inn for free.
In the morning, Quirel notices a note has been left for him. You're cute is all it says

In the morning, Sheriff Hemlock sends word for the four of you. Seems he needs some help. You ought to make your way to the cathedral, where Hemlock and Father Zantus await your presence.

DarkOne-Rob
2014-10-23, 05:50 PM
When word arrives in the morning, Deren is already enjoying some leftover bacon from the boar. He goes along promptly, eager to have something more to do.

Smileybastard
2014-10-23, 07:02 PM
Eyotok

Eyotok rises in the morning and upon hearing the request for aid heads to the cathedral after grabbing his gear.

PeglegJim
2014-10-23, 08:18 PM
"Father Zantus, good to see you. I was just about to come by. Honest."

Tybar
2014-10-24, 09:07 AM
Quirel smiles at the ladies that evening, but doesn't do more.

In the morning, he pockets the note, and makes sure to be extra-polite to any of the women who were there last night.

Quirel has an early breakfast with anyone there, and then heads to the cathedral.

"Good morning to you both. What may I do for you?"

Quirel will attempt to find whoever sent the note when he has time.

Filtro
2014-10-25, 10:38 AM
Father Zantus is the first to speak "I am glad you lads are eager to help this town. We're all thankful, but the town is still shaken by the raid and we still have problems everywhere. If you're willing to help, we have some problems that need solving.

I was walking through the graveyard, earlier, and looking for anything the goblins might have took or desecrated and I noticed our previous priest Ezakien Tobyn's vault has been opened! The stone door hangs ajar and strange noises come from inside. I fear the worst, so I sought out Sheriff Hemlock, here. He had the idea to summon the four of you."

"Well met, I am SheriffI Belor Hemlock, and I would like the four of you to accompany me to the Sandpoint Boneyard and investigate. I don't expect much. Probably a goblin trapped in the vault, but we never know. You seem to know your way around trouble. What do you say?"

Tybar
2014-10-25, 10:50 AM
Quirel listens, then salutes the sheriff. "Well, you don't have to ask, but of course I'll help Sir."

He turns to the Father. "I hope it is just a goblin...but if not, what do you think the man who got the goblins riled up could have wanted with the tomb?"

Anything special I know about the old priest?

Smileybastard
2014-10-25, 12:05 PM
Eyotok

Eyotok nods. "I am happy to help. I think Shriikiri has guided me here to help you and the town has been so welcoming. Me and Tokka are here to protect this place." he pats the hilt of his great sword.

DarkOne-Rob
2014-10-25, 12:50 PM
Knowledge (Local) [roll0] regarding the old priest
Knowledge (Religion) [roll1] to guess at problems in the graveyard (This is an untrained check - I cannot determine anything with a higher DC than "10" with it...)
Deren listens seriously to the description of the tomb and nods quietly as people agree to go help.

PeglegJim
2014-10-25, 05:49 PM
Lupetine nods his head. "I guess I don't have any objections." he says as he straps on some armor.

Filtro
2014-10-26, 04:43 PM
http://i.imgur.com/C1cA3tI.png

The previous chapel hosted fewer than a dozen acolytes, led by a well-loved cleric named Ezakien Tobyn, who sadly perished in the fire that claimed the church. The new high-priest of Sandpoint is his most accomplished student, a pleasant man named Abstalar Zantus. Himself a worshiper of Desna, Abstalar is very open about matters of faith and has slipped into the role of advisor for worshipers of other gods of Sandpoint with ease.

During the walk up to the Boneyard, Hemlock thanks all of you again for your aid during the goblin assault, and asks many additional questions. It seems like he wants to find out more about you - like, what your plans for the future are.
Hemlock asks Zantus to wait in the Cathedral once they reach the Boneyard, but asks the four of you to aid him in investigating the scene.

The vault in question is a 20 -foot square stone structure that stands near the wall. Used to house the remains of previous caretakers, priests, and acolytes who served at the Cathedral, the stone door does indeed hang ajar. The ground around the place is churned up as well.

DarkOne-Rob
2014-10-26, 05:26 PM
Deren walks near the rear of the group, hesitant to be in the front, but not wanting to appear afraid. In answer to the sheriff's questions he answers, "I honestly cannot say I have an clear plans. I came into town for the festival, but now that it appears I may be of some use here I am willing to stay and help."

Once the party is near the tomb he stays clear of the roughed-up ground and says, "Has anyone with skills as a tracker looked at this? Perhaps they could see what happened here to make such a mess of the earth..."

Smileybastard
2014-10-26, 05:52 PM
Eyotok

Approaching the tomb, Eyotok walks towards the head of the group. He responds to Hemlock's questions. "I am seeking a path in life, Shriikiri has led me here and it seems Sandpoint has need of me."

Eyotok looks around at the ground. "I have skill as a tracker. Have many people been walking around here since it was broken into."

Track Survival[roll0]

PeglegJim
2014-10-27, 10:07 PM
"Funny thing about that...I'm actually a horrible tracker. Usually have someone else spot things for me." he said as he shifted around uncomfortably.

Filtro
2014-10-30, 09:49 AM
Eyotok is certain that many of the footprints are goblin prints, but some of them appear to have been left by a larger humanoid. He confirms that about six goblins and one Medium humanoid climbed the wall, then approached and entered the vault.

Tybar
2014-10-30, 10:01 AM
Quirel looks on eagerly, not completely sure about what has happened, but has his warhammer on his shoulder and his shield loose, just in case.

DarkOne-Rob
2014-10-30, 12:55 PM
"We should be careful, but we should go inside," says Deren. "Shall I use that magic to enlarge you again, Eyotok?"

Assuming he agrees, Deren casts Enlarge Person on him and then takes up a position behind the barbarian.

Smileybastard
2014-10-30, 09:06 PM
Eyotok

"There were goblins, six, and a larger humanoid as well. They came over the wall and went into the vault." Eyotok pulls out his great sword heads into the vault. "I think it might be a tight fit that way, but save it in case there is trouble and a high ceiling." He laughs.

PeglegJim
2014-10-31, 04:28 PM
"Well I hope there's not more than we can handle." he pulls out a lucerne hammer, a polearm with a blunt end that's bigger than he is.

Filtro
2014-10-31, 04:36 PM
It's an easy enough task to open the vault door. As you do, two animated human skeletons immediately lurch out to attack you.

Roll initiative.
[roll0]
[roll1]

DarkOne-Rob
2014-10-31, 06:17 PM
"That can't be good..." Deren says as he prepares to fight.

Initiative [roll0]

Smileybastard
2014-10-31, 06:33 PM
Eyotok

Eyotok grins. "Only two?"

Initiative [roll0]

PeglegJim
2014-10-31, 08:05 PM
"Uh oh, here they come."

initiative: [roll0]

Tybar
2014-10-31, 09:06 PM
Quirel steps up and readies his shield, looking to make sure anyone vulnerable is protected.

[roll0]

DarkOne-Rob
2014-10-31, 09:27 PM
Round 1

(No Armor) (+4 Dex)
Condition None
Seeing so few enemies Deren takes a deep breath and move forward to touch one of the skeletons, channeling positive energy as he does so.

Move and use my Healing Hex (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/advanced/baseClasses/witch.html#healing) on a skeleton (functions as Cure Light Wounds (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/cureLightWounds.html#cure-light-wounds)).
Touch [roll0] attack, [roll1] (20/x2), [roll2] damage (Will Save DC 15 for half damage) (probably misses - Skeletons' Touch AC is higher than an "8")

Filtro
2014-11-01, 09:32 AM
Deren attacks one of the skeletons with his hands, which surprisingly dodges it and retaliates
Skeleton 1 attacks Deren, trying to claw him [roll0] [roll1]

The second skeleton goes straight for Eyotok trying to claw him as well.
[roll2] [roll3]

1 - Deren
2 - Skeletons 1 and 2
3 - Eyotok, Quirel and Lupitine

Smileybastard
2014-11-01, 09:44 AM
Eyotok

Eyotok grimises as the skeleton claws him. He then grins and shifts to try and hit both in one swing.

Attack Skel 1. [roll0] cleave
Damage [roll]2d6+6[/roll

Crit conf if necessary
[roll1]
Damage [roll]2d6+6[/roll

Cleave if first hits.
to hit [roll2]
Damage [roll]2d6+6[/roll

PeglegJim
2014-11-01, 10:05 AM
Lupitine steps up from behind Eytok and attacks the skeleton attacking Deren using his blunt polearm.

"For the gods!"

Tybar
2014-11-01, 04:26 PM
Quirel steps up, swinging his warhammer at the one that attacked Deren as well, assuming that Eyetok can handle his for now.

Attack roll:
[roll0]
Damage:
[roll1]

For the next round, if someone gets swung at, I'll use Bodyguard to use the Aid Another to boost their AC (as an Attack of Opportunity action).

DarkOne-Rob
2014-11-01, 04:35 PM
Round 2

(No Armor) (+4 Dex)
Condition None
"Thanks for the help!" Deren says, as he tries again to touch a skeleton.

Move (if necessary) and use my Healing Hex (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/advanced/baseClasses/witch.html#healing) on a skeleton (functions as Cure Light Wounds (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/cureLightWounds.html#cure-light-wounds)).
Touch [roll0] attack, [roll1] (20/x2), [roll2] damage (Will Save DC 15 for half damage)

Filtro
2014-11-02, 09:13 AM
The skeleton's dodge Lupitine and Eyotok's attacks, but Deren and Quirel make short work of them.

Each of you gains 65xp

A search of the vault's interior turns up two things of interest. First, you find a strange robe lies in a corner. Second, and more disturbing, is the fact that the sarcophagus that contained Ezakien's body has been opened and his remains stolen.
Sheriff Hemlock has little insight into why the bones have been taken, but he muses that, perhaps , the goblin raid was a distraction so that this unknown thief could steal the remains of the town's previous priest.
The sheriff recommends that you keep this information to yourselves, in any event-the townsfolk have had enough distress this week, after all!
He thanks you and starts heading back to town.

Tybar
2014-11-02, 11:00 AM
Quirel makes a note of anything odd with the Robe, markings, unusual size or wear, and then gives one last glance around before heading out too, ready to do some quiet research into anything he finds.

Smileybastard
2014-11-02, 11:07 AM
Eyotok

Eyotok looks around and picks up the robe and examines it with Quirel. "Why would someone leave a robe here?"

Perception [roll0]

Tybar
2014-11-02, 11:18 AM
Quirel frowns. "No idea. Unless the robe was something they were seen in that they needed to drop on their way out."

PeglegJim
2014-11-02, 12:08 PM
"Well gee now what?" Lupitine observes the robe for its religious markings and any signs of tampering for a ritual purpose. Maybe they decided to raise the priest as some kinda super-skeleton.

Perception: [roll0]
Knowledge(religion): [roll1]

Filtro
2014-11-02, 02:00 PM
Lupitine identifies it as a robe of bones. No patches remain on the now only faintly magical robe.

DarkOne-Rob
2014-11-02, 03:08 PM
Deren looks at the inside of the tomb and the clues closely, nodding at Lupitine as he says, "We know whoever took his remains is a necromancer, or else they wouldn't have left skeletons here. I am sure there are some nasty undead that can be raised from the corpse of a priest..."

Perception [roll0]
Knowledge (Arcana) [roll1]

Filtro
2014-11-02, 04:04 PM
Deren realizes the skeletons were placed here by the owner of this robe. Nothing else of importance can be found here and you are good to go wherever you want in Sandpoint.

Smileybastard
2014-11-02, 04:33 PM
Eyotok

Eyotok looks concerned. "I do not like death magic, but we should have expected that. They did rob a grave after all."

DarkOne-Rob
2014-11-02, 11:44 PM
His brow furrowing, Deren leaves the scene of the desecrated tomb, his mind awash in disturbed thoughts. Heading to the cathedral he quietly tells Father Zantus what they found at the burial site, answering any questions as best he can. Afterwards he goes to the Rusty Dragon and drinks enough to fall asleep that night, hoping for no dreams on the subject...

PeglegJim
2014-11-03, 12:04 PM
Lupitine gives the robe to Belor Hemlock. "Destroy it. It's black magic. Necromancy. Real bad stuff. The patches are gone, but I'd destroy it anyway for good measure"

He nods to Father Zantus. "Good catching up with you father. The skeletons are gone."

The gnome pops his head in to say hello to all the people at the cathedral and the monastery. He then goes to visit his ma in her ramshackle hut on the north end of town, before making himself a meal of mushroom soup from the mushrooms some of the locals found in the woods.

Tybar
2014-11-03, 07:28 PM
Quirel heads off to talk with some of his friends in the guard, then say a few prayers at the church, before retiring to a quiet night in at the Rusty Dragon, making sure to chat with any women who flirt with him.

Filtro
2014-11-09, 02:21 PM
The next few days pass by undisturbed.

A girl named Katrine Vinder makes her move and talks to Quirel. She seems to like him and wants to get to know him better and spend some time with him.

http://damnpugwampi.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/shayliss_vinder_21.jpg

Three days later,in the Rusty Dragon, a tearful woman approaches Eyotok and Deren in panic, clutching a baby to her chest with one hand and clinging to the back of another child's shirt with the other.

"Heroes, please help me! During the Festival, my son, Aeren, saw a goblin light a cat on fire and then caper around the burning remains - the poor boy hasn't been the same since. Every night, his howls of terror send Petal, our dog, into a barking fit. When me and his father investigate, he claims a goblin came out of his closet...

We dutifully checked the closet, but found nothing. Ever since, the kid's complaints about the "closet goblin" have grown more and more tiresome to us. Yesterday, his father even threatened to make him sleep in the woodshed if he couldn't learn to "be a man" and sleep through an entire night without crying and telling stories...

We decided to ignore it, and last night we didn't go to soothe him, but a few moments later, we heard the dog cry out in pain and Aeren's screams turn shrill. This time he wasn't just having nightmares..."

The woman pauses, takes a breath, and then shows you the boy's arms. They're covered with fresh goblin bites.

"When my husband burst into the room, he saw a goblin crouched on Aeren's chest! The dog was dead, a knife deep in his ear, and the monster was frantically trying to chew off the boy's arm.
My husband attacked it and chased it back into the closet, where it clambered into a hole it had cleverly hidden under an old fur. Alergast, my husband, flew into a rage, and as he started tearing apart the closet in an attempt to get at the goblin, I took the children, fled the house and came to seek you for aid!"

Smileybastard
2014-11-09, 02:33 PM
Eyotok

Eyotok leaps to his feet grabbing Tokka. "Let's go!" He rushes out of the inn.

DarkOne-Rob
2014-11-09, 04:14 PM
"I'm right behind you!" Deren cries after channeling a quick bit of healing magic into the boy. On his way out he yells, "If anyone sees Quirel or Lupitine, tell them where we are!"

[roll0] HPs healed to the boy.

Filtro
2014-11-09, 04:32 PM
Word is sent to Quirel and Lupitine about the goblin in the closet.

Tybar
2014-11-09, 09:57 PM
Quirel hustles off from his training to meet with the others to find this closet goblin. He had had a nice evening before with Katrine at dinner at the Rusty Dragon, but shakes off that memory on hearing that he was requested.

When he meets the others, he shakes his head, "What is going on with all of these goblins? They haven't been this active before."

PeglegJim
2014-11-09, 11:20 PM
Lupitine yawns and rubs his eyes as he goes as fast as his stumpy legs would usually let him to Deren.

"What's going on? There's trouble?"

Filtro
2014-11-10, 11:21 AM
The four of you arrive at the Barett house
You find it disturbingly silent. Upon reaching Aeren's room, you find a man, most certainly Alergast Barett, on his belly, as if he had crawled into the closet.
It seems as if though the body got stuck once he got the upper torso through the hole.

Tybar
2014-11-10, 12:37 PM
Quirel calls out to the man, and then looks at Deren. "Is there anything you can do?"

Heal to check maybe?
Untrained
[roll0]

Filtro
2014-11-10, 01:09 PM
The man is not moving.

DarkOne-Rob
2014-11-10, 01:42 PM
"Keep an eye our for that goblin - no point in more of us getting hurt..." Deren says as he leans down and touches the man, channeling healing energy.

[roll0] HPs healed if the man is still alive. At least this should stabilize him, if not bring him back to consciousness - assuming he is still alive in the first place.

Filtro
2014-11-10, 02:14 PM
The man is dead.

DarkOne-Rob
2014-11-10, 02:24 PM
Deren sits back, looking forlorn. "That goblin needs to die," he mumbles angrily. "Terrorizing a little boy, killing his dad, his dog...we need to find where that tunnel leads..."

Perception [roll0]
Knowledge (Local) [roll1]
Knowledge (Engineering) [roll2] (untrained - can only accomplish anything with DC of 10 or below)

All of these checks are intended to piece together some clue about where the tunnel leads so we can clean house of this vile pest...

Tybar
2014-11-10, 02:27 PM
Quirel nods and helps move the body carefully, and makes note to donate some gold to see if the man can be revived.

Perception
[roll0]
Knowledge Local
[roll1]
Knowledge Engineering (trained)
[roll2]

Filtro
2014-11-10, 05:42 PM
As you pull back the man's body, you find him to be quite dead - the flesh of his face and upper torso eaten away.
An instant later, the insane goblin shrieks in rage at its stolen dinner and leaps up out of the hole to attack you.

Roll initiative

[roll0]

DarkOne-Rob
2014-11-10, 05:56 PM
Round 1

(No Armor) (+4 Dex)
Condition None
Leaping back, Deren invokes a magical spell to hinder the goblin!

Initiative [roll0]
Move out of the way and cast Ill Omen (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/advanced/spells/illOmen.html#ill-omen) with no saving throw allowed

Smileybastard
2014-11-10, 07:15 PM
Eyotok

Initiative [roll0]

PeglegJim
2014-11-10, 08:18 PM
Lupitine nocks an arrow. "Don't make me fire this...I mean it."
Initiative: [roll0]

Tybar
2014-11-12, 02:17 PM
Quirel raises his shield, ready to block a swing from the goblin.

Init:
[roll0]
When the goblin swings, I'll use Bodyguard to give the target +2 AC.

Filtro
2014-11-12, 07:14 PM
Deren casts Ill Omen on the Goblin.

The Goblin jumps Quirel to attack him with what's left of his horsechopper
He takes the lowest roll [roll0] [roll1]
[roll2]

Initiative

1 - Deren
2 - Goblin Commando
3 - Quirel, Eyotok and Lupitine

Smileybastard
2014-11-12, 07:37 PM
Eyotok

Upon seeing the savage creature attack, Eyotok's blood boils and he swings Tokka at the little beast.

Attack
Damage [roll1]
Attack [roll2]
Damage [roll]2d6+9

PeglegJim
2014-11-12, 08:17 PM
"I...warned...you!" the gnomes says between gritted teeth as he lets the arrow fly.

SMITE EVIL
Attack: [roll0]
Damage [roll1] (4 damage actually)

Tybar
2014-11-12, 09:33 PM
Quirel watches as the Goblin seems to trip and stumble toward him, and drops his hammer down on the foul creature.

[roll0]
Dmg:
[roll1]

DarkOne-Rob
2014-11-13, 06:50 AM
Round 2

(No Armor) (+4 Dex)
Condition None
If the mighty attacks of his allies do not fell the foul goblin Deren speaks some minor magic and tries to leave the goblin unable to act.

Cast Daze (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/daze.html#daze) on the goblin, DC 15.

Filtro
2014-11-13, 03:39 PM
The enraged goblin dodges Eyotok's attack.

Lupitine shoots it in the chest, and Quirel finishes him.

Each of you gains 50xp.

DarkOne-Rob
2014-11-13, 04:02 PM
Experience total = 680, right?
Deren looks at the young boys ruined bedroom, his gaze lingering on the murdered father. Sitting down on the floor he takes a deep breath while looking at his hands. "I wonder if there is anything we could have done differently to save him..." he mumbles gloomily. "That poor family - no one should have to go through that sort of thing."

He stands and starts walking slowly from the room, intending to give the bad news in person to the family out of respect and sorrow.

Tybar
2014-11-13, 05:19 PM
Quirel kicks the goblin out of the way, then inspects the hole that it crawled out of, seeing if there will be more coming or not. "It's awful, but I don't know...it's not like we can check on every closet in the city...but I do hope we can raise funds for raising him."

I have 695 somehow.

Filtro
2014-11-13, 06:26 PM
Amele is thankful until she learns of her husband's fate, whereupon she has a complete breakdown. You might be at a loss as to what to do with the situation, but fortunately the commotion quickly summons Sheriff Hemlock, who takes in the scene with his customary grim expression.
He thanks you for helping and arranges to have the Barett family stay at the cathedral for a few days.

There's nothing else in the closet. The goblin must have sneaked into the building after the raid turned sour. He found a loose floorboard in the closet, frantically hacked an opening large enough for him to fit into the enclosed crawl space under the house, and pulled a fur over the hole to hide it.

A moment later, Katrine approaches Quirel and asks if she could talk to him...alone (she looks at your 3 companions)...

PeglegJim
2014-11-13, 06:30 PM
Lupitine retches when he catches sight of the man on the ground. Before he was too far away to see the body, but when he does he turns white as a ghost. He turns away from the man he failed, unable to even look in the direction of the gruesome sight. "Damn damn damn damn. I was too slow. A little slow, a little late, and someone gets hurt. I don't know what I'm doing protecting this town. It's too big a task for me. I can't man the front lines like these people expect and nobody thinks I'm a threat to these things anyway. If only I was more alert, I could maybe be more like what this town needs." he said weepingly.

DarkOne-Rob
2014-11-13, 07:41 PM
"Thank you for your help, Sheriff," Deren says to the lawman after he sets up the family to stay at the new cathedral. The witch then spends some time helping the family gather up what they need and carrying it to the church before returning to the Rusty Dragon. Once there he makes it a point to try and talk to Ameiko, saying, "I understand you were an adventurer of sorts - have you ever seen anything like this before? Goblins hiding in little boys' closets, stealing the remains of beloved priests and leaving skeletons behind? It's getting a bit crazy, and I cannot tell if we are doing much good..."

He then orders a stiff drink before settling down to hear her response.

If Ameiko or another NPC wants to talk about these recent developments, I would like to discuss them, via Deren. We can role play in character or not, based on your interest of course, but I feel like there is more going on here and would like other viewpoints if there is someone who knows that will talk.
If anyone wants to discuss these events in character, I am game. I don't want to overwhelm the thread, but stuff is not normal, here, and I think Deren would be talking about it to someone he trusts - and right now that is becoming the other PCs more and more as we fight together.

Smileybastard
2014-11-13, 10:01 PM
Eyotok

Eyotok seems to be less effected by the tragedy than the others. Tragedies are more common among the savage Shoanti. He says simply, "Goblins are savage creatures."

Tybar
2014-11-14, 03:01 PM
Quirel watches on as stoically as he can with the family, and gives a donation to help them through this, as much as he can afford to give right now.

He gladly speaks to the rest when he can. "I don't know what is going on. The goblins are much worse than I remember. We need to find out, soon, what caused this...and if there are more hiding.

When he sees her, he moves off with Katrine, letting the others know he'll be back sometime soon.

More than happy to talk more to the rest of the party about this. Quirel is deeply concerned and wants to get to the bottom of it all.

Also, donating 20 gp from what I have left from starting funds, leaving me at 23 gp, 9 sp.

PeglegJim
2014-11-15, 10:59 AM
"If it's all the same, I'll head home. I don't got much but here's what I can spare." he pulls out 4 gold pieces

Ya sure, we can talk about it. I wouldn't even hesitate.

Smileybastard
2014-11-15, 11:52 AM
Eyotok

Eyotok speaks to the mother. "I am sorry for your loss and if I can help, please just ask. I can provide you with meat from time to time if you wish."

Eyotok would like to be involved with talking about the goblin situation.

Filtro
2014-11-17, 07:28 PM
Ameiko is glad to witness your interest on the goblins.
"Sheriff Hemlock, myself and Mayor Deverin are having a meeting with a good friend that just recently arrived in town. Her name is Shalelu Andosana, and she came to provide unbiased insight into how the local farmlands are faring and keep the town council abreast of burgeoning dangers in the region.
I believe this unusual meeting and Shalelu's ragged look combine to make us suspect that the she brings news of a new goblin threat.
You are free to join us, later, in the town hall, if you'd like."

@Quirel

"Quirel, please help me. There's rats in my father's store, but he's so busy chasing off after my sister, since he heard that she has been "shacking up" with some lumber worker... He doesn't listen to me... Please come with me, and help me get rid of those rats?"

Smileybastard
2014-11-17, 07:44 PM
Eyotok

Eyotok nods towards Ameiko. "Thank you. I would like to join you."

PeglegJim
2014-11-17, 07:59 PM
Lupitine takes off his armor heads home and puts his bow aside to read excerpts from the holy book of joy without another word to anyone else.

Tybar
2014-11-17, 09:46 PM
Quirel nods. "I can help, and so can my friends probably...one is good with animals. I doubt he'd say anything."

DarkOne-Rob
2014-11-19, 12:47 AM
Deren nods his head and follows the sheriff to the town hall. "I will certainly join you, sir. If your friend has help to offer I think we should take it," he says as they walk. "Is she some kind of wanderer, or simply a woods-woman?"

Filtro
2014-11-24, 02:21 PM
@ Quirel
As soon as you mention the rest of the group, Katrine her hands up in the air in disgust and says "Nevermind, then! I'll take care of them some other way!" and walks off in a huff.

You must now decide if you're following her or your companions.

@Everyone
Shalelu Andosana is an elven female survivalist mercenary bounty hunter. She passes through town once or twice a season to buy supplies. She usually meets the Sheriff and the Mayor at the garrison to give a report on the state of the hinterlands.

http://cdn.obsidianportal.com/assets/62063/shalelu.jpg

This meeting takes place in the second floor of the town hall. The Mayor thanks each of you once again for the help they provided Sandpoint during the raid.
Hemlock introduces Shalelu as an "unofficial member of Saindpoint's town guard", which causes her to smirk - and each of you, as "Sandpoint's newest crop of goblinslayers".

He explains that Shalelu has been a thorn in the side of the local goblin tribes for years, and that few in the region know more about them than she does.
He goes on to recap her report that Sandpoint hasn't been the only place in the region that's had goblin troubles.
In short, there's been an increase in goblin-related raids along the Long Coast, particularly in the dale between Nettlewood and Mosswood.

Only a day ago, a farm south of Mosswood was burnt to the ground by a group of goblins. Shalelu was thankfully nearby, and while the farm couldn't be saved, she did rescue the family and drive off the goblins. The family is staying at a nearby farm for now, but the goblin problem is obviously not going away.
At this point, Hemlock cedes the floor to Shalelu, asking her to tell you what she told him.

"Belor's told me of your work against the goblins. Well done. I've dedicated the last several years of my life to keeping them from causing too much trouble around these parts, but they're tenacious and fecund little runts. Like weeds that bite.
There are five major goblin tribes in the region, and, traditionally, they're pretty good at keeping each other in line with intertribal squabbles and the like. Yet from what I've been able to piece together, members of all five tribes were involved in the raid on Sandpoint. A fair number of the Mosswood goblins I dealt with yesterday were already pretty beat up, and there was a lot of chatter about the 'longshanks' who killed so many of them. Now that I 've met you, it seems obvious from their descriptions who they were talking about. Seems like you've made an impression.
In any event, the fact that the five tribes are working together disturbs me. Goblin tribes don't get along unless they've got something big planned, and big plans require big bosses. I 'm afraid that someone's moved in on the goblins and organized them. And judging by these recent raids, what they're organizing seems like bad news for all of us."

After Shalelu's speech, Sheriff Hemlock announces that he's taking a few of his guards south to Magnimar to see about securing additional soldiers to station at Sandpoint for a few weeks, at least until the extent of the goblin threat can be determined.

He asks Shalelu to sniff around Shank's Wood, Brinestump, Mosswood, Devil's Platter, and other places where goblins live, while he's out of town.

He asks you to maintain a public presence in Sandpoint over the next few days, if you don't mind. "The locals seem to have taken to you," he says, "And seeing you around town will do a lot for keeping worries down over the next few days."

Once the meeting is over, Shalelu asks to join you for dinner at the Rusty Dragon; she'd like to hear more from you about the Sandpoint raid, and in return she's got a fair amount of goblin lore she can impart to you.

Tybar
2014-11-24, 02:38 PM
Quirel frowns at that, and runs to catch up with Katrine.

"Hey, no, I can take care of it. I just wanted to offer some more help if you wanted it. Let's go."

Smileybastard
2014-11-24, 07:11 PM
Eyotok

Eyotok strokes his pet mouse and looks rather grim. "Were you aware that during the raid on Sandpoint a tomb was robbed? Some goblins and I think a Human together."

DarkOne-Rob
2014-11-25, 01:29 PM
Deren listens to the reports and plans discussed in silence, his face serious. When Shalelu suggests dinner at the Rusty Dragon he agrees willingly and listens closely to what she has to say.

When Eyotok speaks up about the attacked graveyard he nods, saying, "I suspect the graves were disturbed with very deliberate intent. They seem to have taken the remains of the late priest of Desna. Nothing good can come from such a thing - desecrating the body of a good man is a truly heinous thing."

At the inn Deren listens and asks questions frequently, even going so far as to ask for drawings of maps and anything else to help explain the details of the goblin tribes in the area.

PeglegJim
2014-11-26, 09:52 AM
Lupitine fiddled around with his arrow despondently. "Shame about him. The late priest of Desna. From what I remember hearing he was a nice guy I think."