PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Player as another player's mount?

Malaqai
2014-09-15, 08:10 PM
Hi playgrounders. I have a couple knuckleheads (a druid/ninja-scout and a cleric) wanting to use the wild-shaped dire tiger druid-ninja as a mount for the lance-wielding cleric so that they can charge for massive damage. Are there any rules for how this would work? Are there any rules at all?

Ilorin Lorati
2014-09-15, 08:16 PM
As far as I've ever been able to gather, there are no special rules for or against a PC being another PC's mount. As long as the standard mount rules apply, it should be fine.

2014-09-15, 08:41 PM
Well, handle animal checks wouldn't really do much here, and the mount has an option to be a jerk if he wants to, but other than that, I don't think there's a problem.

Undertucker
2014-09-15, 09:21 PM
Are there any rules for how this would work? Are there any rules at all?

There are indeed rules for this shown on the wizards site (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/rg/20050222a). The section at the bottom about intelligent mounts is the part you're looking for.

Hope that helps.

Dalebert
2014-09-16, 10:32 AM
Kinky............

incarnate236
2014-09-16, 02:28 PM
I let a halfling fighter with mounted feats ride around on the werewolf truenamer once after his pony died. It was one of the most entertaining sessions I ever ran. Do it and fudge the rules a bit if you have to.

Malaqai
2014-09-16, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the answers guys! I can't wait to see the rest of the party react to the dwarf and his noble steed.

Spore
2014-09-16, 05:27 PM
Why not? If a druid wants to serve as a damage multiplier for the rider instead of an all powerful natural spellcaster. Let them. Just double check this won't disrupt fluff and fun for all players. (Remember, having this happen once can be fu. But if it happens several times, some other players might dislike the sudden break in tone).

Malaqai
2014-09-16, 06:41 PM
The druid has levels in ninja with the scout archetype along with the shaping focus feat. It's more a means of focusing as much damage on a single target as possible in a single charge.