PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Magazine articles on the Plane of Shadow

Jowgen
2014-09-16, 12:25 AM
I'm looking for both fluff and mechanically meaningful things in relation to the plane of shadow for a Shadow-template character. The DMG, Manual of the Planes, Planar Handbook and Tome of Magic each have a bit on the subject, but not remotely enough to satisfy my shadow-related needs.

Any input would be much appreciated :smallsmile:

Curmudgeon
2014-09-16, 12:38 AM
I found one from DragonDex (http://www.aeolia.net/dragondex/articles-subject.html): "Balefire, City of Shadows" in Dragon # 322, page 14.

Jowgen
2014-09-16, 02:17 AM
Thank you, that issue had a lot of really good stuff on the topic in it :smallsmile:

I'm still trying to digest it's statement that Shadow Blend can be negated by plain-old darkvision, which makes absolutely no sense to me since Shadow Blend is a Supernatural ability that works even in bright conditions (other than daylight), while Darkvision is entirely mundane and doesn't do anything in bright conditions :smallannoyed:

But, in any scenario, thanks a bunch :smallsmile:

Tarlek Flamehai
2014-09-16, 06:10 AM
There is some shadow related material in The Scouring of Shadowdale and Anauroch- The Empire of Shade.

Larkas
2014-09-16, 07:48 AM
You might want to check stuff on the Demiplane of Shadows in Planescape. If nothing else, it should tell you a lot about the genesis of the plane.

You also might want to check stuff on 4E's Shadowfel, but take it with a tablespoon of salt. The Shadowfel is not the Plane of Shadows, but it might give you some ideas.

Jowgen
2014-09-16, 10:01 PM
The Scouring of Shadowdale was rather slim pickings for shadow plane related material, but arauroch had some interesting bits in (e.g. Krinth), so thanks :smallsmile:

I shall look up the planescape version once I get my hands on it, although as for the genesis, the Dragon Mag Curmudgeon suggested mostly covered the topic for me.