PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder More noob questions

Groshuk
2014-09-16, 02:28 AM
It's late and I just had a long night of playing but finally hit level 6 and get wildshape on my bear shaman so now I am trying to figure out what exactly I get when I turn into a bear. I am straight 6 levels of bear shaman from the advanced player guide and it is telling me when I turn into anything other than a bear I take my druid level -2 and for a bear it's level +2. Obviously I want to be a bear so I am considered an 8th level druid meaning I can turn myself into a large or huge bear or a medium magical bear.

Assuming I go huge size I keep all my normal stats and add 6 strength, subtract 4 dexterity and add 6 natural armor, I would take up a 15' square, have a 10' reach and have 2 claw attacks at 1d8+str mod and 1 bite at 1d10+str? I'd lose my normal darkvision but would gain low light vision and scent, all my skills and saves are the same except modified for the str and dex change? Being considered 8th level I can change to a bear 3 times a day but if I change into anything else I am 4th level and can only change once a day?

BWR
2014-09-16, 03:55 AM
The way I read it you are right about everything except the times per day: your real druid level counts for that, not modifiers. But when you turn into a bear you get the benefits of being two levels higher, while non-bear two levels lower. Also, while I can't find any ruling on it, I would assume your base damage was that of a grizzly, not a dire bear. However, I haven't seen anything on that one way or the other.

Groshuk
2014-09-16, 12:36 PM
That makes sense as far as uses per day goes, I would think the damage die just steps up per size increment?