PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Blood Blade- Pathfinder Homebrewed Class

Huskerdoooo
2014-09-16, 03:20 AM
Hi everyone! My name is Huskerdoooo and recently I have been working on a Pathfinder class based around vampires that was originally going to be a Blood Angels class for a DND/Warhammer 40K campaign setting. The class is maybe 25% 10% or so complete but I figured I'd put up what I have to try and get some feedback and ideas for what I should be working on or balancing issues people can see. Please understand that this is my first class and I'm not great at writing fluff but essentially the idea is to create a T3 melee class (and eventually maybe get it to T2 but I don't have the first clue how to get this class to that point without breaking it) that is based around 2 central mechanics: raging and power attacking. I'm also adding a whole set of mechanics for expanding power attacks (which is still in dire need of more work, I just am looking for ideas for where to take my ideas and still keep it balanced) and adding a system called Blood Points, which function similar to the Din Child's (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?354268-The-Din-Child-OPT3-Raw-Power-Melee-With-Some-Tactical-Cleverness-PEACH-ME) Might Points system. But more importantly, I'm trying to create a non-mythos, mythos class, or a better and less stupid way of putting it, is that I want to create a class that can compete (or at least not be too far behind) with the mythos classes that is not a mythos classes but uses the same sort of imaginative fluff and ideas. Any who, I know most of this has been nonsense, but thank you for bearing with me, if you're still here and I hope you enjoy the class! :smallsmile:

Sian
2014-09-16, 03:24 AM
Homebrew forum is down here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?15-Homebrew-Design)

Vaynor
2014-09-16, 03:27 AM
The Red Towel: Moved to Homebrew Design.

Huskerdoooo
2014-09-16, 03:34 AM
Reasoning: The idea behind this build was I’m absolutely fed up with the number of classes, spells, etc, in D&D that allow PCs to turn into dragons, but or trolls or whatnot but nothing that is actually interesting or unique. The majority of classes that have built into them the ability to shape shift seem to fixate on dragons or animals. I.e. dragon disciples, the dragon lineage for sorcerers, the psychic warrior build where you basically turn into a dragon, all of it is starting to get boring. So I thought to myself, “What about making a class that used a different monster type as it’s base?” At the time, I had just started watching Kill la Kill, and I was reading Drifters, while finishing up Hellsing Ultimate, and I thought, “Oh man, let’s make a vampire class!” The class is set up with 2 main schools of thought: Controlled and Uncontrolled. Essentially, power attacking versus raging. The class, as it’s evolved is borrowing more and more ideas for how the blood points will work from Kill la Kill and Claymore, just you will be wearing more clothes (if you want). My idea for how the blood points works is more or less entirely ripped from Claymore (and a little bit of Kill la Kill) as you are awakening parts of yourself to your vampire abilities by feeding it a localized doss of blood. I've made a few references to Tokyo Ghoul because I liked how the ghouls functioned, but I really like the idea of the Kagunes (or whatever their called the tentacle things) and I want to expand the Vlad the Impaler (see Blood Abilities) ability to have a customizable kagune that the player can create as one of their base weapons. Hellsing is of course a huge influence because, well, you don’t get a more badass vampire than Alucard, and I wanted to definitely include a lot of abilities and fluff for vampires based on one of the best renditions of a vampire in history. I also named and based an ability or two off the other best interpretation of vampires, a la 30 Days of Night. Drifters is mentioned because I used the main characters philosophy as sort of the base for a lot of my ideas on how power attack should function, and also is a base for the philosophy of the class itself. I also discovered three home-brewed classes: The Terramach (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?286983-3-5-Base-Class-quot-I-want-to-live-inside-a-castle-built-of-your-agony!-quot), The Ronin (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?79241-Final-Fantasy-X-d20-(PDF-Now-Available!)), and the Din’s Child (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?354268-The-Din-Child-OPT3-Raw-Power-Melee-With-Some-Tactical-Cleverness-PEACH-ME). I’ve stolen borrowed a few abilities from these and reworked them because I thought they fit the fluff very well (and they’re just awesome classes that I want to play and honor). From there I moved on and took some advice from the school of thought of Project Heretica (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?193554-Project-Heretica-not-just-a-Paladin-retooling) and I was off and running.

Shinken
2014-09-16, 03:35 AM
Tier 2 is by definition broken. You can't make a non-broken tier 2 class.

Huskerdoooo
2014-09-16, 04:04 AM
Fluff
This is just some background on some of the class ideas and my terrible attempts at fluff, so feel free to ignore most, if not all of this stuff.

Centuries past, a mighty shogun in a land to the north came down with a sickness. No doctor in the kingdom could identify this strange affliction, and the Shogun began to become more and more sick. One day however, he rose out of bed, stronger faster, more intelligent that he was before, yet the sun burned him and he felt cold and dead. His wife was a vampire, and she had cursed him till the end of time. Yet this was not the end, his loyal samurai all contracted the vampiris curse and each learned how to discipline it, how to control their tainted blood, and how to reach heights of power they had only dreamed of. They learned how to become human again by suppressing the vampiric blood in them, however, they could awaken lesser versions of their abilities by channeling the blood of their slain and bloodied enemies into various parts of their body, allowing momentary feats of power that surpassed anything a mere mortal could accomplish. The samurai found they were able to enter a sort of Blood Rage, where they could funnel blood into their bodies and become incredibly strong. Yet, the countries might and power was not to last, as the samurai developed two schools of thought, one focused around feeding the vampire inside them fed, turning into death reavers, killing everything around them in vicious blood frenzies, the other focused on control and discipline, seeking to master their vampiric blood, focusing on single precise strikes. This swiftly turned into a civil war that tore the order apart, and led to the death of the Shogun. After this, the survivors gathered themselves and decided the best course of action would be to retreat to the mountains and train in peace and quiet. After centuries the order has gathered it’s strength, it has been recruiting and planning and training itself in order to take a step back into the world. Slowly but surely, it has sent it’s Blade’s into the world in order to observe the changes that have occurred and prepare themselves for the time when the order will make it’s triumphant return to take back their homeland and expand their small kingdom into a true empire.
Requirements: In order to become a Blood Blade, one must have at some point come in contact with a vampire, or be a descendent of the original group. The person could also be a full fledged vampire, however they loose the vampire race and it’s benefits and replace it with whatever they had before.
Alignment: Chaotic persons tend to be more drawn to the blood blade than others, however anyone can become a Blood Blade. Chaotic Good characters tend to be drawn towards Control whereas Chaotic Neutral and Evil tend to go for Uncontrolled, again though, anyone can be a Blood Blade, a Lawful Good Blade could be an individual who has completely suppressed their urges, yet uses their power to serve a higher purpose.
Race: Humans have more proclivity to becoming Blood Blades as the order began with them, however any race that could contract the vampiris curse could potentially become a Blood Blade. As well, because the Blood Blades are still alive (sort of) they can reproduce, so the curse can be passed down parent-to-child, and many of the descendants of the original Blood Blades have honored the traditions. However, Undead creatures (besides Vampires themselves) and any creature that could not be a vampire cannot become a blood blade.
(Note: While they are technically vampires, the Blood Blade is still very much a mortal, and their race does not change, for intents and purposes they still count as whatever race they were prior to becoming a Blood Blade.)

HD: d12
Class Skills: Climb, Intimidate, Bluff, Knowledge (History), Perception, Stealth, Swim.

Level
BAB
Fort
Reflex
Will
BP
Special
Blood Abilities Known

10+Con
Power Attack, Blood Rage, Blood points

Combat Discipline

1+Con
Vampiric Ability

Power Attack Upgrade

1+Con
Blood Rage Power

6/1

Combat Discipline

7/2
1+Con
Vampiric Ability

8/3

Power Attack Upgrade

9/4
1+Con
Blood Rage Power

10/5
5+Con
Combat Discipline

11/6/1
1+Con
Vampiric Ability

12/7/2

Power Attack

13/8/3
1+Con
Blood Rage Power

14/9/4

Combat Discipline

15/10/5
1+Con
Vampiric Ability

16/11/6/1

Power Attack Upgrade

17/12/7/2
1+Con
Blood Rage Power

18/13/8/3

Combat Discipline

19/14/9/4
1+Con
Vampiric Ability

20/15/10/5
5+Con
Ultimate, Power Attack Upgrade

*Please Note that this is a very rough draft and I understand I am very wordy, so bear with my horrible descriptions I am working on clarity and semantics*

Abilities:
Blood Points (BP): In order to access his more latent and powerful abilities, the Blood Blade absorbs the blood of his fallen enemies and channels into his muscles to grant him great feats of strength. Whenever he reduces an enemy to half heath he gains one BP per hit die of the monster. If the Blood Blade kills an enemy, he gains two BP per hit die of the monster. The Blood Blade starts with BP equal to 5+his base constitution modifier. Every other level (3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th etc…) he adds 1+base constitution to his BP pool. The Blood Blade does not gain any BP for bloodying an enemy 2 size categories below him, and only gains 1 if he kills it. Alternatively, if he kills or bloodies a creature a size category larger than him (unless he is Tiny or Small) he gains double the BP he normally would have gained. If he kills a creature 2 size categories larger than him, he completely refills his BP pool. If he bloodies or kills and enemy that is 3 or more size categories larger than him, he enters a Blood Orgy, where he can overfill his BP pool. If after 1d6+base Con rounds, or the battle ends, he still has more BP than his pool he must take a Fortitude save (dc of which is: 20+number of BP overfilled) and if he fails, he must purge the excess blood from his system, counting as being sickened and he cannot take any actions until after 1d4 rounds or he passes a successful Fort Save. Afterwords he is nauseated until he rests.
Power Attack: The Blood Blade gets power attack as a bonus feat at level 1, if they already have power attack, they gain a bonus feat they qualify for.
Blood Rage: The Blood Blade gains the ability to Rage. He can rage for 4+base Con rounds per day. Every level he adds an additional 2 rounds of rage. Blood Raging generates 1 BP every round spent raging, and spending 5 BP can extend your rages per day by 1 round. This can be done up to 1/2 your class level times per day. This Blood Rage grants the Blood Blade +4 bonus to Str and Con, and a -2 AC bonus, as well as a +2 bonus to Will saves. After ending the Rage, the Blood Blade is Fatigued for 2 X number of rounds spent raging, however, making a Fortitude Save (15 + 2 x number of rounds spent raging) will push this back until the encounter is over.

Blood Powers: The Blood Blade gains abilities that allow him to unlock even more deadly forms of his vampiric curse, such as allowing him to walk on walls, or grow fangs to glean even more blood from his foes. He can at any time he would gain a new ability, choose to swap out an old ability for a new one he qualifies for.

Combat Disciplines: To reflect the Blood Blade’s intense training and discipline required to contain his curse, he gains increased levels of martial prowess in the form of bonus feats. As well, he can choose to pick a school of though to align himself with: Controlled and Uncontrolled. At level 2 he must pick one of the schools, this will restrict the type of Ultimate Blood Sacrifice he can use. Beyond that, this school will grant him bonuses that will affect how his abilities work and restrict some abilities he can pick and choose. All feats granted from any of the Blood Blade’s abilities are granted regardless if they meet the prerequisite. If they already posses the feat it replaces the one they previously held and the Blood Blade can pick another feat they qualify for as a bonus feat.
Combat Disciplines List per Level:
Level 2: School Choice:
Controlled: Allows the user to become more controlled and grants him a +1 bonus on all to-hit rolls made with melee weapons while raging. Also grants Extra Rage or Weapon Focus as a Bonus Feat.
Uncontrolled: Allows the user to become more frenzied, granting him a +1 bonus on all damage rolls made with melee weapons while raging. Also Grants Extra Rage or Weapon Focus as a Bonus Feat.
Level 6: Advancement of School Choice
Controlled: The bonus increases to +2 and the Blood Blade gains Weapon Expertise, with whatever weapon he choose Weapon Focus with. Also grants either Vital Strike or Critical Focus as a Bonus Feat.
Uncontrolled: The bonus increases to +2 and the Blood Blade gains Weapon Expertise, with whatever weapon he choose Weapon Focus with. Also grants either Lunge or Spring Attack as a Bonus Feat

Vampiric Ability: The Blood Blade, as he gains control over his cursed blood, is able to begin to manifest minor Vampiric Abilities to grant him even more avenues for power.
Vampiric Ability List:
Vampiric Strength: The Blood Blade gains half the Str bonus granted to Vampires while raging, which also unlocks some of the Blood Blade’s latent potential.
Benefit: While Blood Raging gain an addition +3 Str bonus. This stays 1d4+base Con rounds after you have finished raging, or until the encounter finishes. Gain Toughness as a Bonus Feat, count as though you had an additional HD every time you would gain extra Hit points from this feat.
Vampiric Agility: The Blood Blade is able to transfer blood to his muscles, making them looser and increasing his agility.
Benefit: While Blood Raging gain an additional +3 Dex while Blood Raging. This stays 1d4+base Con rounds after you have finished raging, or until the encounter finishes. Gain Dodge as a Bonus Feat.
Vampire Senses: Having spent time discipling yourself, you have learned to apply your vampiric abilities in every day life to a minor effect. However, while engaged in a Blood Rage, you are able to fully embody these vampiric abilities.
Benefit: Gain a +4 racial bonus to Bluff, Perception, and Sense Motive checks. If you already have a racial bonus, these do not stack and whichever bonus is higher is used. When Blood Raging the Bonus is set to +8, you can use these skills even while raging.

Power Attack Upgrade: Every few levels, the Blood Blade is able to access greater levels of Power Attack. They are able to choose one of two paths: Uncontrolled, and Controlled, which determines how their new forms of Power Attack function.
Improved power Attack: Regardless of school, the Blood Blade has learned how to channel his BP into his his Power Attacks. He can channel points equal to half his class level rounded down (ex: a level 6 Blood Blade could add 3 BP). For every point he expends, he adds an additional +2 to damage. This can be done once an encounter equal to his base Con modifier.
Uncontrolled: The Blood Blade may instead of sacrificing an attack bonus, the Uncontrolled Blood Blade may instead choose to sacrifice AC equal to whatever the attack penalty would have been. This lasts until the Blood Blade’s next turn.
Controlled: The Blood Blade may instead of choosing to sacrifice his attack bonus when power attacking, he can sacrifice movement on his next turn equal to 10ft per the attack penalty he would incur. If he kills an enemy using this, he can choose to expend half of the BP he would gain to move at his normal speed.

Blood Rage Powers: The Blood Blade has learned through intense training to perform insane feats of strength while raging. These feats manifest themselves as Rage Powers.
Rage Power list:
Vampiric Bite: The Blood Blade grows fangs while raging and gains a bite attack (1d4+str) as a natural weapon. If used as a part of the Blade’s full attack, it attacks at the Blade’s highest attack bonus —5. If the Blade connects with a Bite, he gains BP equal to half his targets HD rounded up. As well, he may instantly make a grapple attempt with a +2 bonus. If successful, the target is pinned to the ground and you continue to make Bite attacks every round that siphon additional BP every turn.
Fly Them To the Moon: By spending a swift action to build energy while raging as well as spending 3 BP, for the rest of the round, any attack the Blood Blade makes knocks the creature back 5ft per 5 points of damage dealt. The enemy must make a For save equal to (10+1/2class level+str mod). If they succeed, they are not knocked back, however they become shaken. This cannot be used in tandem with Push Them Back.
There’s Blood in the Water: The Blood Blade taps into the most primal parts of their vampiric lineage, allowing them to sense even a drop of blood. However, if too much blood is spilt they go into a frenzy, attempting to devour the wonder target. Normally, gain a +2 bonus on all skill checks against or to detect a target who has been wounded. However, if the Blade is within 60ft of a target when it is reduced to the Bloodied status (half health) by someone/thing other than the Blade, they automatically enter a Blood Rage, superseded the initiative order and go immediately after whoever’s turn have ended and must move towards the bloodied target. If the Blood Blade if within 45ft of the target, it may cast You Cannot Outrun My Thirst for free as a swift action on the blood puddle the bloodied target created, at the cost of an additional BP. The first round of this rage counts as a free rage, and does not count towards your total number of rages per day. This ability can only happen once an encounter. If the Blade has Vampiric Senses, the range is increased to 90ft.
Blood Drinking Abomination: Whenever the Blade would gain BP while raging, they gain Temporary Hit Points equal to the amount of BP gained. These Hit Points stack with the ones gained from activating Blood Rage and do not disappear until the Blade ends their rage.
Unstoppable Force, Unmovable Object: Prerequisites: Blood Blade level 15, 20 Con, 20 Str.
The Blood Blade has mastered the essence of what the vampire embodies: fear. They have honed their ability to manipulate blood and translate their innate blood lust into a rage that allows them superhuman strength and agility, and the ability to withstand blows no mere human could. However, every now and then comes along one of these fabled berserkers who is truly an unstoppable juggernaut. He learns to channel fresh blood to his skin, adding his superhuman strength to his ability to take blows, and he adds all the power of his body to every swing. After taking this skill, the Blade adds his Strength modifier to his AC and his Constitution modifier to his attack and damage rolls while blood raging.His rage is so profoundly strong that he cannot be stopped by the arms of most men, he also gains DR 5-. However, due to the immense strain this ability takes on his body, he is exhausted instead of fatigued after raging and this ability cannot be mitigated by a Fort roll.

Ultimates: Upon reaching 20 The Blade chooses one of the four following abilities as his capstone ability for his character.
The True Humanoid Typhoon: The Blood Blade activates the true potential locked inside his weapon, elongating it through the power of his blood and unleashing a storm of blows aimed at the heads of his foes. He, at this single horrifying moment, is the reason why storms are named after people, he becomes a hurricane of destruction, as unstoppable and immutable as a tidal wave. As a full round action, the Blood Blade makes a single attack on all enemies within 30 ft at his full attack bonus. His critical threat range, regardless of abilities is increased to 15-20x4 and he may spend 1 BP to automatically confirm a critical hit. This tremendous attack leaves the Blade exhausted for (30-number of enemies killed) minutes, and is fatigued unless they rest for at least 8 hours. Every enemy the Blood Blade kills with a critical allows the Blood Blade to take a 5ft step, allowing him to hit any additional opponents in the new threatened squares. Given the extreme nature of this attack, the Blade also uses the blood of his enemies The Blade may expend 2 BP per target to ignore up to 5 points of Bludgeoning, Slashing, and Piercing DR, as well as they can critical enemies that are normally immune to critical hits. This ability can be used once per day.
Awakening, Tremble Before the Might of a True Vampire: The Uncontrolled Blood Blade no longer cares about being a human, he has reached a plateau that surpasses all the previous generations of Blade’s. He has discovered how to fully awaken his vampiric powers for a short period of time while Blood Raging, transforming himself into a true monster of the Night. When the Blood Blade chooses to Blood Rage, he may expend half of his BP pool, with a minimum of 30 BP to fully transform into a vampire with all of the benefits and none of the consequences. He gains all abilities a vampire would normally gain (see the bestiary) on top of his lesser vampiric abilities. I.e. if he has gained Vampiric Strength, this stacks with the +6 bonus he gains for turning into a vampire. While Awakened, the Blade gains double his usual BP and each turn can cast a single blood ability as a free action. For every 10 enemies the Blade manages to kill while Awakened extends the number of rounds he can rage by 1. If his BP pool reaches 0 while raging he ends the rage immediately (even if say he killed an enemy with a blood ability, the cost of which had set his to 0). This ability lasts until he stops Raging and can only be activated 1 per day. When the Awakening ends, the Blood Blade is exhausted for 5+ 2x number of rounds raged minutes and cannot spend BP until he is no longer exhausted.

A Single Strike is All I Need: The Blood Blade channels all of his incredible strength and blood into a single blow. If it connects, he causes his opponents blood to awaken, causes every single drop of his opponents precious life blood to seek to exit its owners body in any way it can. The Blood Blade spends half of his BP, with a minimum of 30 BP and makes a Power Attack as a full round action. This attacks counts as using the Blood Blade’s maximum amount of BP to boost its damage, and he incurs no penalties that he would normally incur while power attacking (so no attack penalty or movement penalty). If this hit connects, it causes the targets blood to awaken, dealing 10d6 damage. This effect activates immediately after damage is dealt, with no way for the target to react. The Blade may expend an addition BP to deal an extra point of damage, and he can spend as many BP as possible, as he is pumping more blood into the targets body, trying to awaken as much blood as possible. This can only be done once per day and leaves the Blood Blade Exhausted for 1 hour. If he kills the enemy he absorbs every ounce of their blood, restoring half of his BP. If killing the target would gain more BP than half of his BP pool, the Blade’s BP is fully restored, and the exhausted condition only last for 10 minutes - 1 minute per base Con mod, to a minimum of 1 minute. This does not effect creatures who have no blood flowing in their veins, however it still affects vampires.

A Ghost Walking, Walking, Walking Ever Forward: The Controlled Blood Blade has learned how to tap into the deepest reaches of his vampiric curse and still retain his humanity, even to the point where his unstoppable will, and a little Blood, can sustain him past the limits of any other being. At the expense of the Blood Blade’s entire BP pool, as a free action the Blade may activate this ability. When the Blade would be reduced to -10 health, he may activate this ability. When activated, the Blade becomes immune to death effects and cannot be killed until the end of his rage. He over charges his body with Blood, adding all the BP spent to his Health Pool. Additional, for every 5 BP spent this way, he gains a +1 bonus to AC, to hit rolls, damage rolls, and Fort saves. He automatically passes any will saves and is immune to energy drain, stat drains, and whatever DR effects he has active are doubled. This effect can only be done once per day, and must use a minimum of 45 BP. When the Blade ends his rage, the effect expires and he is placed at -9 HP and is rendered unconscious, but is not bleeding out. As well, he takes 1d4 Constitution damage until he rests for at least 16 hours.

Huskerdoooo
2014-09-16, 04:06 AM
Ah! Sorry Shinken, I meant more that eventually I would like to bring the class up to T2 status, in that if I am going to break it I want it to be a fun and engaging sort of broken, not that it's broken in a way that isn't enjoyable or boring or breaks the game in a way that makes it unplayable or feel like it's cheating too badly. I guess, sorry it's like 2 am where I live and I'm sort of word vomiting.

Huskerdoooo
2014-09-16, 04:08 AM
You Cannot Outrun My Thirst: As a Move Action, the Blood Blade may teleport to any puddle of blood within 60ft of them. Puddles of blood are created from any bloodied or dead creature capable of bleeding. Puddles are usually generated in any square within 5ft of the bleeding or dead monster, the DM should elucidate where potential teleport spots should be. The blood must be fresh, it stops qualifying as fresh after 12 hours. You cannot teleport on a blood puddle that has an enemy standing on it. This ability costs 3 BP, however, if the Blood Blade chooses to expend and additional 2 BP, it counts as a Swift action.

Vlad the Impaler: If a Blood Blade takes this ability, they may choose to expend 5 BP when they Blood Rage. If they do, they grow a set of tentacles from their backs that can attack as if they were natural weapons. These tentacles last until the Blood Blade ends his Blood Rage. They manifest according to the Blade’s level: 1st, 1 tentacle that deals 1d4 damage, 5th, 2 tentacles that each deal 2d4, or 10th 4 tentacles that each deal 1d4. The Blade can at level 10 also choose to summon 1 tentacle that deals 4d4 damage. If multiple tentacles are summoned, at the cost of 1 BP, they can target multiple enemies (ie, if 4 tentacles are summoned, each tentacle can target a separate enemy, otherwise they target whatever the Blade is targeting). They have a critical range of 20x3. When summoned, the Blade chooses their damage type (slashing/bludgeoning/piercing) and can change their type as a swift action. They do not generate BP the same way the Blade does, they only generate BP if they kill an enemy, and they only create 5 BP, which can only happen once per time they are summoned.

The Hounds of Baskerville: Prerequisite: Level 4
As a standard action, the Blood Blade may expend 5 BP in order to summon a single wolf. The Blood Blade must challenge the wolf to single combat. If the Blood Blade manages to kill the wolf, he may choose to keep the wolf as an animal companion, following the table for animal companion advancement in the Core Rulebook. In order to bind to his blood, the Blood Blade must sacrifice 2 HP in order to gain control over it. At level 10 the Wolf becomes a Dire Wolf. The hound may be summoned and sent away at will as a free action, and disappears after 6 hours and must be re-summoned for 3 BP. The Hound counts as being a construct and is immune to fear effects. Kills the hound makes grant BP to the Wolf, who has a BP pool equal to half of yours. The hound has a Blood Ability list composed of half the abilities you have. It cannot use Vlad the Impaler, The Hounds of Baskerville,

The Dreaded Vampire’s All-Seeing Eye: As a Free Action, the Blood Blade may spend 1 BP to generate a third eye on their forehead. If the Blood Blade studies a target for 3 rounds as a move action, this third eye is able to see them through any terrain and a distance of 2 miles, for 12 hours. The Blood Blade also ignores range increments on making a ranged attack on this target, as long as there is open ground between them. If a mountain is blocking the way, or if the target is in a heavily wooded area, they cannot make the shot.

Blood Transfusion: The Blood Blade is able to perform minor hearings of his body by channeling fresh blood to the wounded areas. By expending 2 BP, the Blood Blade is able to heal 1d8 + base Con mod. This increases by 1d8 for every four levels attained above 4th (8th, 12th, etc), to a maximum of 5d8 at level 20. This action can be performed once per encounter. It counts as a standard action, but if the Blade spends an additional BP, it is moved to a swift action, and another BP spent makes it a free action.

Unstoppable Juggernaut: If the Blood Blade makes a successful Power Attack while Blood Raging, they may choose to spend 3 BP. If so, the Blood Blade may choose to gain a free Bull Rush attempt on an enemy. Unlike a normal Bull Rush, you may send the target in any direction of your choosing. As well, this ability acts as if you have the Improved Bull Rush Feat. If you choose to spend and additional 2 BP, you Bull Rush as if you were under the effects of Greater Bull Rush. If you succeed with a wide enough margin to push the victim beyond 5 feet, you may do so without needing to follow them. Instead, you merely send them arcing through the air with a mighty blow. If this causes them to strike a solid barrier, they and the barrier both take 1d6 damage per 5 feet of forced movement that they were unable to take due to striking the barrier. If sent flying at a living creature, that creature has the opportunity to make a Reflex saving throw to avoid acting as a barrier, allowing the victim of your assault to continue their travel on a successful save.

There is no End to the Slaughter: Spend 2 BP, as a standard action you can attack as a full round action.

Taste My Steel, And I Will Taste Your Blood: Prerequisites: Weapon Focus
As a free action, the Blood Blade may create a solid weapon out of his own blood for 2 BP. The weapon chosen must be a weapon he has taken Weapon Focus with. The weapon lasts for 1+Con Mod hours. If the Blood Blade kills an opponent with his Blood Weapon, he may spend half the BP he would have gained to cast one of his Blood Abilities as a free action (it still costs its normal cost). At level 3, the Blood Weapon gains a +1 enchantment bonus, and this increases by +1 every 4 levels. Every +1 enhancement bonus increases the BP cost of the summon by 1.

Rip Their Armor Asunder: Prerequisites: Level 9
The Blood Blade channels Blood into his sword at the moment of impact, tearing the enemies armor apart briefly, leaving them exposed and at the mercy of his comrades. As a standard action, the Blood Blade may spend 5 BP, and make a melee attack against a opponent, if it connects, the target’s armor bonus for wearing armor or natural armor is negated until the end of the encounter. The target must make a Fort save DC (10+1/2 class level+Str mod) to resist. If so the ability fails and half the BP rounded down is refunded. If the Blood Blade confirms a critical hit while making this attack the target cannot make a saving through against the ability.

Tear the Blood From Their Muscles, and Watch Them Squirm: Prerequisites: Level 4
The Blood Blade channels Blood into his sword, and strikes an enemy, ripping away their strength, making them weakened. As a standard action, the Blood Blade may spend 5 BP, and make a melee attack against a opponent, if it connects, the target’s strength bonus to attacks is negated for the rest of the encounter. The target must make a Fort save DC (10+1/2 class level+Str mod) to resist. If so the ability fails and half the BP rounded down is refunded. If the Blood Blade confirms a critical hit while making this attack the target cannot make a saving through against the ability.

I Can See the Blood In Your Veins: The Blood Blade can channel blood to his vampire eyes, briefly awakening them and allowing him to see the blood flowing through his opponents veins, allowing him to predict their moves. Expend 2 BP, and the Blood Blade gains a +2 + base INT/Wis (whichever is higher) modifier AC bonus against a single target. This bonus increases by 1 for every size category larger the creature is. This effect last for 5 rounds and can be extended a round by spending a BP, up to 10 rounds.

Quick Sword Technique: Prerequisites: Weapon Focus
By channeling blood into the veins of his arms, the Blood Blade gains a sudden massive burst of speed, striking with a speed only a vampire could match. As a full round action, the Blood Blade may expend 5 BP and make a flurry of blows attack. When making this attack, consult the monk rules for this and make this attack as if he was a monk equal to his level as a Blood Blade. Replace all mentions of monk weapons with whatever weapon you have weapon focus with. If this attack is made in while I Can See the Blood in Your Veins is active, gain an additional +2 attack bonus and an additional attack on the target.

My Blade and I Are One, And We Hunger for Your Blood: Prerequisites: Bleeding Critical
The Blood Blade has found how to channel his blood into his weapon, his hunger transforms his blade into a weapon eager to drain his foes dry of their precious blood. At the cost of 10 BP, the Blood Blade’s weapon gains the wounding until the end of the encounter. In addition, the Blood Blade gains BP equal to the amount of bleeding damage done to a target, this can only be done once per enemy.

50 Rows of Razor Sharp Teeth: Prerequisites: Vampiric Bite
The Blood Blade has found a new way to evolve. His old fangs simply are not enough, and like every good hunter, he must find new tools to kill his prey. After searching the world over, he found a set of teeth that fit the bill. The Shark. By expending 5 BP when Vampiric Bite is active, the Blade’s teeth become 2 rows of deadly teeth, increasing the strength of his bite to 1d8. Additionally, if the bite does damage, the target must take a Fort check Dc (10+half class level +STR mod) or suffer bleeding damage for 1d4 rounds.

Melzentir
2014-10-30, 07:48 PM
Fluff
A Ghost Walking, Walking, Walking Ever Forward: The Controlled Blood Blade has learned how to tap into the deepest reaches of his vampiric curse and still retain his humanity, even to the point where his unstoppable will, and a little Blood, can sustain him past the limits of any other being. At the expense of the Blood Blade’s entire BP pool, as a free action the Blade may activate this ability. When the Blade would be reduced to -10 health, he may activate this ability. When activated, the Blade becomes immune to death effects and cannot be killed until the end of his rage. He over charges his body with Blood, adding all the BP spent to his Health Pool. Additional, for every 5 BP spent this way, he gains a +1 bonus to AC, to hit rolls, damage rolls, and Fort saves. He automatically passes any will saves and is immune to energy drain, stat drains, and whatever DR effects he has active are doubled. This effect can only be done once per day, and must use a minimum of 45 BP. When the Blade ends his rage, the effect expires and he is placed at -9 HP and is rendered unconscious, but is not bleeding out. As well, he takes 1d4 Constitution damage until he rests for at least 16 hours.[/SPOILER]

Wow. This last one is really, really powerful. Are you sure you want player characters to have access to such power? I get that it could create some cool last stand moments, but I'm worried.

Other than that, all of this seems pretty good. I recommend you check how your abilities fit together, maybe let it be playtested by someone.

Huskerdoooo
2014-10-30, 11:51 PM
Wow. This last one is really, really powerful. Are you sure you want player characters to have access to such power? I get that it could create some cool last stand moments, but I'm worried.

Other than that, all of this seems pretty good. I recommend you check how your abilities fit together, maybe let it be playtested by someone.

Oh man, thanks for the suggestion! I'm getting a group together to play test the class and see just how much needs to be fixed, but yeah the ability will get nerfed to be on par with some of the other abilities and try to balance out the class to make it not quite so over powered!
I agree with needing to see how the abilities fit together, I tried to do that but it's much harder on paper to see how things work than in actual play.
I really appreciate you taking the time to comment, and I'm glad you enjoyed it!