PDA

View Full Version : Mini Lands

Fuum Bango
2007-03-11, 01:33 PM
I don't play pen & paper RPG's but over the past hour I've been bored so I've started making miniture worlds. I'm now gonna share the whole lot with you. :smallsmile: Wanna join in?

1. Albwall, the blessed mountains : Vast kingdoms, intelligent, witty dragons and epic mountains. Magics of Earth and Fire are common. Infinitely tall mountains circle the world.
2. Gladdsganger, the united land : Chaotic clans of peaceful barbarians roam the land, though lawless, they all can each other brother and sister.
3. Beladormay, the beacon blue : Beautiful cities filled with canals and deep, dark seas filled with rainbows of fish. Highly magical, sometimes dangerously so.
4. Pandine, the bitter city : Superficially polite, subtly dangerous, slaves battle for amusement of nobles & full of rules that must be followed to the letter.
5. Ta Ogme, the simple wilds : Few people live here as the weather and terrain is harsh, but animals of all kinds live here. Magic is weakened.

6. Mimiga, the shifting painting : As if walking into an oil painting, the landscape is changed by the minds of the people living there. Days are long, people need less sleep.
7. Eire, the storm country : An uncaring world ruled by the Immortal, it makes sure no group is more powerful than any other. Rain is constant.
8. Nethor, the silent islands : Tiny island are spread across a calm, fishless sea. There is no sound. Nights and winter are long.
9. Unaknoc, the ghostly place : A small, misty world of moors where some go to find themselves, others to get lost. If you walk to the edge you end up on the other side.
10. Azurian, the calming dark : A lush, serene forest world with many lakes of pure water. Spirits tend to the land and will defend it. It is always dusk. People age slowly.

11. Rojo, the cube world : A very low gravity world of tall grass on rectangle rock formations. Many of Rojo's animals are colossal. People speak in jive talk.
12. Su, the ice palace : Many levels of challenging ice, with one hot spring per level & minerals can be found easy. Visitors come for the light-hearted adventure and gold.
13. Xin Tik Loh, the little three : Three flat discs orbit each other slowly. Xin is a sea of ooze, Tik is covered in swirling, hot ash and Loh is made of a brittle white metal.
14. Nikuta, the curse wood : Infinite, dangerous and maze-like. It is one of the most feared worlds because if a visitor stays too long they become part of the wood.
15. Hissan, the glass desert : Six suns, no night or seasons, it is a seemingly endless desert made of shaped glass of many colours.

16. Uposhi, the all sky : Sky above and below, the wind can be very strong. People live on winged sting ray-like creatures. Wars begin whenever a ray is born.
17. Splashdown, the shattered scape : Also known as the Half-World, in ages past something destroy half of the world and left the other side in ruins. Many seas.
18. Tanari, the gladiator pit : The landscape is of jagged rocks that lead to deep swamps. Littered across the land are open-topped dungeons and arenas.
19. Iddnakka, the savage hills : Temperate world with abandoned towns & feral people that attack outsiders. Gravity is heavy to visitors.
20. Yehwar, the untamable red : Arid, dusty world of tiny villages and ancient bronze statues of a long dead race. Magic is rare, but powerful and people wield basic pistols.

21. Librama, the justice tower : A tower floating in a void, many challenges and puzzles are within & beings are said to watch you’re every move. Most visitors never return.
22. Hu, the long mile : A dimly lit, twisting, steel plated tunnel that seems to stretch on forever. It is very wide. Many visitors meet here, considering it is no-mans-land.
23. Camibush, the changing kingdoms : Filled with spirits of trickery and families guarded by them. Camibush has strange terrain that rises and sinks with the seasons.
24. Ballos, the sorcerer domain : A complex maze split into six areas; Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, Thought & Action. Magic is controllable by all in the domain.
25. Gorog, the singing peaks : A realm of living, breathing, talking mountains that swim through a sea of lava. Magic is semi-intelligent and does what it pleases.

26. Zinoh, the beast's dungeon : On a tiny, flat, cracked copper disc is a large prison. Roars can be heard all around the disc, no one knows what is inside.
27. Devaneo, the infernal machine : Fire and gears. Hulking machinery is constantly working towards some strange goal. Robots "clean" the machine of outsiders.
28. Onear, the bottle nation : A giant bottle gently rising and sinking in a clear squid-beast filled sea. In the bottle are many ramshackled houses clinging to the sides.
29. Loskar Lok, the daring edge : A high cliffs with low, purple clouds hanging in the air, the clouds are solid. The air is poisonous.
30. Oytek, the war bound : Two fractions of mighty beings fight an endless war on this barren, scarred land for control a powerful artifact. Volcanoes erupt daily.

31.Farroff, the distant star : A bright shining world full of pebbles, has been known to fall out of the loop for years, leaving visitors stranded. It has no native life. Heavy gravity.

(Visiters: Anyone or anything with the skills to travel between worlds)

I hope these have helped you guys in making your Homebrew stuff, got any favourites?

DomarSaul
2007-03-11, 04:31 PM
I rather like the whole list! I haven't a use for them yet, but perhaps I'll come up with one...

You know, a plot-light exploration style game could involve a party of adventurers trying to construct a map (or an orrery, or a catelogue) of how all of these worlds fit together. On a given world, they might only know about the locations of those nearest.

Fuum Bango
2007-03-11, 04:50 PM
Thats just the sort of adventure I was thinking of DomarSaul.
I don't DM but I think by favourites are Gladdsganger because its a great place to start the setting, Nethor because its a real knock to the senses, Rojo because its Super Mario Land :) and Iddnakka because the possible history and the helplessness the player feels when he or she can only move at half speed and can't swing thier sword :D.

ChrisMcDee
2007-03-12, 07:01 AM
Nice stuff. I'm working on a similar setting myself, called Degrees. When the gods were creating the universe they couldn't settle on a single design and so were split off to make their own worlds, which were intended to be kept seperate from eachother. Now, however, the inhabitants have discovered the worlds, or Degrees, are infact joined together in a gigantic ring. Through the right methods you can move to the Degree either side of the one you're on.

More information on the wiki here http://degrees.pbwiki.com/ If you want to help contribute some mini-worlds to Degrees then just send me a PM and I'll give you the password. There are 190 Degrees and so far about half of them have descriptions.

YPU
2007-03-12, 09:07 AM
I really like these. I needed a setting for my rayman inspired game and this will be it. I use actually have already drawn a cosmo chart and made some rough rules about what spells and powers can get you from place to place.

Fuum Bango
2007-03-12, 02:15 PM
Nice stuff. I'm working on a similar setting myself, called Degrees. When the gods were creating the universe they couldn't settle on a single design and so were split off to make their own worlds, which were intended to be kept seperate from eachother. Now, however, the inhabitants have discovered the worlds, or Degrees, are infact joined together in a gigantic ring. Through the right methods you can move to the Degree either side of the one you're on.

More information on the wiki here http://degrees.pbwiki.com/ If you want to help contribute some mini-worlds to Degrees then just send me a PM and I'll give you the password. There are 190 Degrees and so far about half of them have descriptions.

Hey, thats great to see someone else doing this and nice to know that our worlds are different, Albawall and The First are almost opposites. I don't think I'll add to Degrees though, mine have a different feel to yours...but I might find out how to get my own wiki...:smallamused:

I really like these. I needed a setting for my rayman inspired game and this will be it. I use actually have already drawn a cosmo chart and made some rough rules about what spells and powers can get you from place to place.

Really? Go for it, keep me posted on which lands you use.

ChrisMcDee
2007-03-12, 06:32 PM
PBwiki is good if you're after something simple and free.