PDA

View Full Version : Lost Mines of Phandalin Actual Play

Deckard6
2014-09-16, 10:49 AM
Last week me and my local gaming group cracked open the new edition of DnD and were pleasantly surprised with just about everything we read. Only done side is without a proper monster manual or DMG we couldn't really play yet. We usually frown on boxed adventures, preferring to create our own, but right now the Lost Mines of Phandalin seemed our best chance to play 5ed.

We decided to poke fun at boxed adventures, and in reference to our own in jokes, the Lost Mines of Wangdalin was born. So out it comes, and combined with Role20 we can bring our experience to you. (http://youtu.be/G77R3QTWd-c)

Some setting changes will be made to allows us to continue this in our non Forgotten Realms home campaign later. Also for balance reasons, since I have a small party, each character has been given an additional feat.

The Party

Ulfgangr the Half Elf Paladin of Mab- An illegitimate child of the line of Queen Mab who serves as her blessed knight. Plans to pick up Fey Warlock later to buff his smiting.

Kiba the Human Druid who self identifies as a Wolf- Following the cliche of being raised by wolves Kiba has only recently been introduced to human society. The fact that she can take the form of a wolf has made the transition even more awkward.

Merric Tealeaf the Halfling Bard- Master of lore and the lute Merric is descended from the great line of Tealeaf bards and wants to add his own chapter to their legacy. Has a great interest in history and local tales.

Chaosvii7
2014-09-16, 01:09 PM
Pretty sure the adventure's called Lost Mine of Phandelver, which just makes the nickname that much more funny and makes me love it even more.

Wangdelver.

Deckard6
2014-09-16, 01:51 PM
You are indeed right about the name. We so liked the image of an adventuring party delving the dungeon to acquire the great treasure only to have it turn out to be a bejeweled golden phallus that it became the campaign name.