PDA

View Full Version : Haunting the Hadex Anamoly IC

DrK
2014-09-16, 03:23 PM
At his left moans a Daemon bound in the shape of an axe
Its songs of blood and hatred echo forth and fill the sky with a moaning that stirs the dead
At his right stands the legions of the dark gods straining at their leashes.
Behold a Demon lord comes and all who stand in his way are doomed...

http://wh40kart.im/_images/4ad45c3b482d9bdf2c6b160fd5354c87.jpeg

The worlds of Magog lies beneath you. A great swirling mass of dark blood red clouds that leech unholy rain upon the blasted surface home to countless mutants, crazed warrior barbarian clans and roaming daemons. Aboard the long captured and corrupted cruiser The Hammerhead you can see the entire world and beyond that in the void the strange and terrifying red fires of the Hadex Anomaly that so disrupts the immaterium for all.

Turning to the rest of the audienc chamber the noise hits you. A hundred chosen warriors standing around the edge of the hall. Blood red meat strewn from great spits dangles down from the ceiling - some of the chunks the remains of lost warriors or imperial soldiers, some horrifyingly still moan and writhe before thei life is ended as the troops carve off chunks to eat.

At the head of the observation dome's space if a grand black throne of spikes and iron where Korlad the Black sits. His once proud astartes armour now seeping blood and fused to his body. The warlord had called to the dark champions of the Hadex anomaly. A promise of a great challenge that would then lead to great rewards. Such a challenge unable to be unanswered and so you have come to listen to him speak...

It is said that long ago, the Lord of Blood created the Axe of
Kha-Aksha, that only the most worthy of those who would
wield his power might prove themselves upon the field of battle.
Hundreds, perhaps thousands of aspiring champions have borne
that weapon to war, but ultimately, none have proved its equal.
The last mortal to have borne the axe fell in battle upon the
world of Messia. It is said he reaped a crimson harvest amongst
the shambling mutants of that world, yet ultimately fell to them,
his form torn to shreds and the axe taken up unthinkingly by one
of those lowly creatures. Now it resides in the wastes, home of the
mutants and the drill-rigs that wrest promethium from the planet
like blood from flesh. Whoever would claim it must first survive
these harsh, toxic lands and the harsher drill-barons. They must
also do it soon, for Messia’s sun is beginning to rise, and with
dawn comes the horrific transformation of the mutants.
How might the Blood God reward one who could wrest
that axe from its unworthy, unknowing bearer, and raise it
high in the name of Khorne?

He looks up at you all. I would raise this axe. I would have someone from this assembly fetch it for me. To that person I promise a great reward. One that will tantalise even those of you that follower the deceiver or the lord of pleasure...

Cogsrow
2014-09-16, 03:47 PM
-Sakura grins behind her mask, a reward even a follower the lord of pleasure would want. That definitely intrigued her, She could ask for so many things....though knowing khornates the reward was to be the first victim of the axe.....which meant she could just kill the champion...that would be an option. Swaying back and forth she looks around for a fool or two she could work with in hopes of getting this done easier-

Elurindel
2014-09-16, 07:01 PM
This new incarnation did not sit entirely well with the warrior-myth from the Tribe of Loathing. He had far more limbs than he was used to, and it meant that his beloved pet Chomper would not be graced by having him ride with the mighty Boris into battle in this lifetime. Still, it was a small sacrifice to make to be among the stars once again. He banged a brass hoof on the metal floor, creating a ringing echo of ceramite and metal upon the floor, making to be heard amidst the clamour of bodies.
"Boris, shall...ahem" he pauses for a moment to turn up his Laud Hailer. "Boris shall reclaim this axe! Be not ye worried that Boris shall take this axe for his own ends, oh no! For Boris has no need of lesser weapons Trusty is all that is needed!" He holds aloft his battered greataxe, its wooden handle and leather grip worn smooth from countless years of use, the blade notched so many times it could be used as a saw. It mattered not if these others did not recognise its greatness, for soon he would make it abundantly clear that the legacy of Boris was one that could not die with mortal flesh, but would be reborn again and again a thousand, thousand times, until he truly ascended. This was another step on the path to greatness.

Hemnon
2014-09-16, 07:20 PM
It was pretty clear to everyone present that this Chaos Space Marine was using all the selfcontrol he had to not just go nuts and slaughter everyone. his breathing was a hollow-deep ragged intake and outbreath that sounded like a Bloodthirster's heavy breathing.
a Mark was on his Chest, center-mass, Looking like it was branding right onto the Ceramite Armour Plating and through it unto his skin, except that the mark was only visible on the outside right now (since he was wearing his power armour). It was glowing a burning fire-red with an outlining of Brass and Burnished Bronze, the Mark was of course the Mark of Khorne, Gifted only to his most Worthy Chosen Champions.

Scarax was already holding a great level of contempt for this warlord. yeah he looked rather scary with that bleeding armour of his, but so did an Imperial Warlord Titan and Scarax have after all slain one of these colossal warmachines by continious chopping at it's ankle-servos.
The main reason for this scornful hate and pity came from the reason that the Warlord didn't just go claim it on his own. If he was worthy of wielding such a grand weapon of Khorne, then he should go there himself to claim the rights to carry it in blood combat, not by sending others to claim it.
But Scarax remained 'calm and collected' and didn't say anything. Cuz if he was to be 'ordered' there, then he'd do it of his own free will and do it in the Name of the Bloodiest gods of them all and just claim this axe for himself and woe be onto any who'd try to take it from him. Be they comrade in hunting it, or the Lazy Warlord himself. They'd all die and Scarax would claim their skulls in the Name of Khorne and drink their blood to anoint himself in the honor of truely claiming this weapon as his own.

All of this was of course not visible on him. He was standing tall (a bit taller than most Space Marines), his armour lightly hissing and steaming with vapor, making his appearance quite the more frightening to everyone else.

ArcturusV
2014-09-16, 11:06 PM
The "Lord-Captain", as he stylized himself, was probably one of the least visually imposing men in the room. Clad in mere carapace, rather than gaudy power armor. Lacking the BLUUUUUUD or trophies that other Aspiring Champions put on display. His armor was simple. His features handsome in a polished way, rather than the battle scarred, twisted visages of others. The hat he wore was battered and simplistic. No great work of hidden technology, weaved with circuitry or festooned with baubles and technological doodads. Merely perched jauntily upon his brow, a bit off center.

His eyes were closed, heightening his experiences of what was going on around him. The noise of the man calling them forth, or the answers from the crowd. The crude chopping of axes into bodies, the sweet cries of the suffering ones, the iron smell of blood tinged with the acidic scent of fearful secretions in the air of the hold.

It wasn't his hold, or the delights of the Temple to the Slaaneshi... but it had it's own sort of crude, simple charm. Like going from gourmet meals that delight the senses, to a simple greasy meat sandwich.

A treasure to steal. That was a simple enough thing. An item of some story, he understood these things. Even had a planet to go to. Surprisingly more ground work laid out, simple as it was, than he really expected. Whoever knew a Khornate could even figure out that much?

"Blood for the Blood God?" Jake spoke up in a mocking tone, "What rewards do you have, that is worth this task and my time? I want to know that my time will be well rewarded, once I am back with your little trinket." He smiled a bit to himself, standing in such a way that he was leaning on his left leg, his hands resting comfortably and casually near his weapons. After all, no telling when one of those Khornish Game Hens would squawk out and demand a fight. And he was quite aware that this was a function of these people.

xaszatm
2014-09-16, 11:07 PM
Aitonia Efcharistisi held an arching eyebrow towards the towering Marine. That was it? A big ax? How Khorne-ish. Still, the news about the mutants did hold the ex-Biologis attention. Maybe the transformations were too terrible towards those not willing to study them, but the potential would be fascinating for her research. And hey, getting the favor of a Marine had its uses as well. Aitonia spoke up. "I too will volunteer for this quest. The ax shall be within your grasp."

Seanfall
2014-09-16, 11:43 PM
Ah Khorneites, always so straightforward. Bacchus admired that a bit as he stood near the front, his senses expanded far beyond the human spectrum's he could see and taste the pain in the room. Feel the colors of rage billowing off those around him. His eyes focused on the Warlord, This one though...might be a bit cannier than the others. How odd that a Warrior so devoted to the Blood God would send others for the Axe. There was more to this then he was letting on, So many of us all competing for the same prize. No doubt killing one another for the Axe. A thought crossed his mind, was this whole thing a massive sacrifice to the Blood God?

Bacchus smiled, no matter it would be a welcomed diversion. Who knows what delights awaited him. "This must be quite the prize, Oh Korlad the Black to lay aside such long held animosity between the different Chaos Lords and their followers." His voice was constantly shifting in tone, changing from a low pitch to that of a child. But as he spoke again his voice was kept at it's usual pitch. "And I for one, cannot resist such temptation. To do so would be blasphemy. So I declare that Bacchus of the Noise Marines shall seek your prize." Bacchus smiled widely. Let us see what pleasures await.

DrK
2014-09-17, 03:03 PM
The warlord grins leaning forward with a grinding of gears. His motely court mocking and baying many of the acolytes, only Scarax and Boris getting a modicum of respect with their red blood soaked armour. The hissing voice of the warlord slides out, silencing the shouting hordes and even the still writhing an dying guardsman on the long meat hooks.
"We shall see eh. The drill bosses of the seething surface beneath may not be so forthcoming with you eh. The axe is lost upon the southern continent". A wave to a minion by his throne and a brooding dark hololith appears, the grid showing a sector of rugged hills and what looks like lava flows winding around the mountains.

The metallic face grins, "You speak of reward. Well... I have reward for you. One that you will like. A black ship. A thousand souls of witches for you to feast or enslave...

Looking at the Pirate Prince "I would gift a drop pod but you may prefer your own transport..."

Suitable Lore may give some info.
Think of your compact. How are you heading down there?

Col.Straken
2014-09-17, 03:36 PM
Mordechai had been silent for the most part as people pledged to claim this Axe, he had had no interest in risking his life to get someone a big Axe from a planet filled with mutants. He had thought that there was no reward that this Astartes could offer him, that was until he let loose about a Black Ship. Visions of his life past flashed before his now blind eyes, the dank holds of such a ship once held him, chains burning into his skin, brands burnt into his bones. He opened his blank eyes and stared at Korlad, his heart pumping as he thought of the lives he would save, the eyes he would open to the truth.

He spoke up from the section he stood in, none of Korlads gang had stayed near him, as the bodies began to rot and spoil almost immediately within his presence, "I don't think you are telling us everything. But to open so many eyes to the Throne of Lies, I simply cannot stand by and refuse to aid." He shook his head answering Korlads obvious next question Who would trust a follower of the Deceiver, "I have no interest in the Axe, as you can see I am not built to fight. I only have eyes for the Psykers you promise to release from the Black Ship."

DrK
2014-09-17, 03:54 PM
Mordechai had been silent for the most part as people pledged to claim this Axe, he had had no interest in risking his life to get someone a big Axe from a planet filled with mutants. He had thought that there was no reward that this Astartes could offer him, that was until he let loose about a Black Ship. Visions of his life past flashed before his now blind eyes, the dank holds of such a ship once held him, chains burning into his skin, brands burnt into his bones. He opened his blank eyes and stared at Korlad, his heart pumping as he thought of the lives he would save, the eyes he would open to the truth.

He spoke up from the section he stood in, none of Korlads gang had stayed near him, as the bodies began to rot and spoil almost immediately within his presence, "I don't think you are telling us everything. But to open so many eyes to the Throne of Lies, I simply cannot stand by and refuse to aid." He shook his head answering Korlads obvious next question Who would trust a follower of the Deceiver, "I have no interest in the Axe, as you can see I am not built to fight. I only have eyes for the Psykers you promise to release from the Black Ship."

The Warlord laughs, a rasping cackle. "You misunderstand sorcerer. I care not, if I had my way I would flay every hapless warlock aboard the Black SHip and cast their lifeless bodies into the void. You can do with them what you wish. Release, sacrifice, devour, enslave... I care not."

ArcturusV
2014-09-17, 04:06 PM
A tithe hold full of unsanctioned psykers... he had no idea how this creature got a hold of it. This was clearly a powerful vessel they were on. But a tithe ship wasn't known for being a chump of a target. Perhaps he raided a planet's Ecclesiarchal Vaults before a tithe was handed over? That would be easier. Suggesting that this lord is perfectly capable of leading a planetary strike against a well armed, zealous group like the followers of the God-Emperor.

... so why can't he get this axe?

His eyes flicked over towards Mordecai. His lack of eyes, and the nature of his words suggested plainly enough what he was. A psyker of the Imperium who had gone renegade. Supposedly having a vested interest in these psykers. He doubted it was anywhere near as noble as 'saving' them. A fell rite to take their raw power? Some sort of witchcraft?

The gears in his head were slowly turning. It would be quite a boon. He might not need an entire Hold of psykers... maybe just 10... 20... 30 surely, right? Things to experiment on, and test artifacts with, maybe for other purposes.

Still a few hundred for the fallen Psyker to play with? Right? Well... these were Khornish Game Hens... they probably already pecked the eyes out of most of the Psykers, killed others. Short sighted views of their faith and the irrational hatred and destruction and valuable resources just for the sake of destruction.

... maybe 90% of them already killed. How many were in a hold? Thousands? So presume a hundred are left. At best. Is 100 enough? Maybe I'll need to arrange some other 'deal' with this psyker... He could feel his hand wrapping around the handle of my weapon as he pondered it.

Col.Straken
2014-09-17, 04:52 PM
Mordechai returned Korlads laugh, "No I think you misunderstand. When your Axe is delivered, you Will release the Psykers I choose into my care."

Elurindel
2014-09-17, 05:26 PM
Boris stroked his chin, his gauntlet making faint whirring motions. Such people were of little tolerance to Baphtar, the Lord of Blood and Skulls. Their slaughter would be a great boon in his favour, even if he had to divide them among some others. Still, of the hundred here, it would be inevitable that some competition would be had...
"A fine reward for a service well performed!" Boris bellowed through his laud hailer speakers. "Good hunting, then!" and with that, be began to scan the see of potentials. Void travel was yet beyond his capabilities. Surely there would be one with whom he could bargain for passage down to the world. If not, then a drop pod would do.

Hemnon
2014-09-17, 07:35 PM
Scarax lumbered forward to get a better look at this Hololithic Image. Anyone dumb enough to be in the way got backhanded out of the way with a swing of his arm. He cared not if anyone died or got hurt. They just shouldn't stand in the way like that.
With a Haughty glare and snarl, Scarax said: "I care not for your worthless trinket-ship and it's putrid holding of psyker-scum! Reclaiming this axe in the Honour of Almighty Khorne is more than enough reward for me. Keep your ship and it's filthy cargo, they are useless to me." His voice was a horrid mix of beastial undertones, raspy vox-grill commmunication and like the voice of a Daemon itself. It was utter evil and seething in contempt and hate.
This Warlord was a joke, not deserving of his title if he had to ask others for help like this. But the TRUE reward was more than enough for Scarax to keep his thoughts on that matter to himself. He'd do this, yes. But not for this lazy Warlord, no. He'd do it in the Name of Khorne and for the simple chance of killing, maiming and slaughtering a bunch of living things.
His Crimson Red Power Armour, brass inlays and Bronze edgings, looked like it was a Pristine set. it was clear that he cared a great deal for it and took good care of it as well. Of course it had it's battlescars and such, but those appeared to be left there as a mark of his previous battles, rather than negligence.

Cogsrow
2014-09-17, 08:41 PM
-Sakura watched the frost father and the Berserker, they would be liabilities in anything outside of combat. The captain had uses and had a reasonable head, so did the heretek and the psyker...the noise marine she didn't know, they were often a fickle lot. best ingratiate herself with the captain. She steps closer to him and spoke softly- So for as simple as this task seems he is offering far to great a reward, -she takes a moment to adjust her stance, cocking her hip and leaning in, whispering in his ear- I feel proof of the reward's validity may be necessary.

xaszatm
2014-09-17, 10:24 PM
Hearing the conversation between the Captain and the Flesh-Shaper, Aitonia lent bent towards the captains other ear. "Indeed, even forgetting the valuable psykers inside, a Black Ship contains countless archotech for damping psychic resonance. Such a prize would be invaluable to a follower of the sorcerer-hating God. Either that ship has been gutted out or we're being led into a trapped prize."

Closing her eyes for a minute, Aitonia tries to remember what other valuables could be hidden on the hated Black Ships.

[roll0] INT 59 5 successes.

Seanfall
2014-09-17, 11:39 PM
Again the Khornite Berserker did not disappoint. "I would hope that the Majority of these Psykers would be untouched? Otherwise it is just a ship full of corpses." It might be that way already, Bacchus glanced around at those who had spoken out. A few stood out, the Captain chief among them. He might have to barter for passage, a Drop Pod's could be unpredictable. Frankly they lacked style.

He made his way towards the Captain, recalling any useful Deamonological he could. Based on the corruption of the Planet to determine what they might be dealing with when they made Landfall. "Greetings Oh Captain, but from the Warlords words am I to take it you possess a ship of your own? If so I would like to barter passage after this meeting has concluded."

Forbidden Lore Deamonology
[roll0] vs 36

ArcturusV
2014-09-18, 12:18 AM
Well well well... wasn't he getting popular among the strangers who weren't squawking and foaming at the mouth. It brought a faint smile to Lord-Captain Kaltos's face. He had a ship, he had thousands of men to sacrifice as needed, and it felt good.

"They're cultists, simple doesn't surprise me," he confirmed. He never expected Guile from those foolish enough to fall under the Blood God's thrall, they had too much in common with the Orks, who thought "AXE TO THE FAAAAAAAACE!" was the height of creative thought and tactical cunning.

And of course, speaking to those who gathered around him, and not loud enough to really carry to the Khornates in their Axe Talk, he added, "I doubt there is any reward. Oh, it might exist. I wouldn't even be surprised that it was here, now, at this very moment. I'm sure someone," he nodded his head in the direction of the apparently sightless psyker in the crowd, "could even confirm it for us."

"But I doubt he'd have the control to keep them alive until we return. If they're not dead now, they will be by the time we get back." It seemed a simple enough prospect to him, "So forget the reward promised. If you want my help, and you want to get this axe and deal with this man, we need to think calmly and realize just what is in hand."

He looked at each of them in turn, "I can give you passage, I can help you recover it... but I'm not doing it for the reward he promises. I have my own end game in mind. If you are fine with this, I can arrange passage to the planet and back, lend my power and expertise such as it is. The axe won't be ours, but we play our cards right and we'll get a good trade for it."

He smiled darkly and looked at each them in turn, "We got a deal?"

Seanfall
2014-09-18, 12:51 AM
Bacchus lowers his voice as well. "The 'reward' was never my concern. I seek only the new experiences this...'venture' will bring." Bacchus grinned, he liked this Captain. It would be a pleasure working with him. "Your terms are agreeable. And if your plan interests me enough. Perhaps we could work together for that goal. I just hope it isn't boring."

Col.Straken
2014-09-18, 05:39 AM
Mordechai noticed a group gathering around the "Lord-Captain", and his ears picked up faint whispers of words but he didn't pay much attention to what was actually said. He simply turned to the group, "Do you care to share your thoughts with the rest of us? Or do you have something to hide?" he smiled, considering his fear of dying he always seemed to end up threatening people. "I thought that Tzeentch was the deceiver but clearly, the Dark Prince has more to hide than he lets on."

ArcturusV
2014-09-18, 07:21 AM
The Lord-Captain looked over at at the approaching Psyker, slowly turning his head to face him. With a blank, expressionless face he simply said, "Prince who?" in a very confused, disorientated tone.

Totally throwing an entirely fluffy Deceive check here.
[roll0] vs 51 Fellowship, Trained in Deceive.

He managed to hold the expression for several long moments of complete befuddlement before he continued on. "I take it you want a proper ride as well, and not to be shot like a torpedo at a planet, hoping the Machine Spirits decide to slow down before you end up as little more than a stain upon a mountainside?"

Col.Straken
2014-09-18, 07:38 AM
Mordechai looked at the man, trying to see through him, his failed eyes made it hard to discern the sort of facial features most people would look upon. "Your friends here, quite clearly follow the youngest of the Gods. It practically radiates from them." at the mention of of transport he nods "I definitely would prefer to be taken planet side by ship and not hurtling through the air at terminal velocity."

Well I shall try to counter your deceiviness

Per 53 - Halved for not trained in Scrutiny (27), -10 for warpsight (17)

[roll0] - VS17

BOOM massive fail!

ArcturusV
2014-09-18, 07:50 AM
Jake looked absolutely taken aback by the Psyker's proclamation of the faith of his fellows that had gathered around him, glancing between the girl and the SPESS MEHREEN quickly, eyes wide, before looking back to Mordecai and leaning in close, giving a loud stage whisper of, "... they follow the Guy on the Golden Throne?!" sounding totally shocked.

Totally messing with him and his inability to see through such lies apparently, and of course playing up the idea that the EMPRAH is supposedly younger (As a god) than Slaaneshi. :smallbiggrin:
[roll0] vs 51 Fellowship, trained in Deceive.

"Well I'm sure we can arrange something in return for such shocking revelations."

Col.Straken
2014-09-18, 09:35 AM
Mordechai spits on the the floor at mention of the Emperor, "That rotting corpse is no God, he is a fraud that survives by sucking the life force from the weak and leaving the strong crippled."

Scrutiny [roll0] vs 23

Mordechai begins to smile, "I see your game, a small bit of pleasure teasing a blind man? Your true colours will always shine through?

Hemnon
2014-09-18, 09:46 AM
At the mentioning of the False Emperor, Scarax immediately turned around and headed towards those that thought they knew anything about that withered Corpse. He halted about half a meter away from the Captain Guy and the (yet to be revealed to Scarax) Blind Psyker-guy. His massive, hulking frame and Antique-looking Baroque Power Armour adding an extra sensation of dread to his presence.
"You think you know ANYTHING about the False Emperor??? Oh how ignorant. I was around when Mighty Horus Rebelled against that worthless Corpse-on-a-throne, So be quiet about things you know nothing about... just like the teeming masses of useless lumps of flesh that worship the False Emperor." He growled out in a rumbling augmented voice giving away from his helmet's voxgrill. It was clear that he wasn't lying about being one of the original traitor-marines. His ornate Power Armour was just one symbol of many that indicated that his statement was true.

Elurindel
2014-09-18, 11:13 AM
The mighty Frost Father clomped over, his hooves making a staccato report on the metallic floor.
"You fine fellows seem worthy sword-arms, not like the other lobcocks and dandy-prats that prance around for the pleasure of this warlord." Boris bangs the handle of Trusty against his breastplate in salute. "Boris, from the Xurish tribe of Loathing. Champion of their people and seeker of adventure and profit. Though it seems you have already a man of the berserking nature, perhaps you have need of an inspirational warrior figure? My own resources are not inconsiderable either." he reasons.

Col.Straken
2014-09-18, 11:49 AM
Mordechai looked at the hulking beserker, "I probably know more about the Emperor than you. I have looked upon his rotting corpse, he stole my sight, and my freedom."

He then turns to the new arrival, "Ah, someone with manners. A pleasure to meet you Boris, I am Mordechai. Once an Astropath for the Imperium, now I strive to open the eyes of those whom are blinded by the Emperors corruption."

Seanfall
2014-09-18, 12:17 PM
Bacchus gave the newcomers an appraising look. At the centaurs approach he leaned down and looked between the thing's legs nodding appreciatively. "Good to see the god's don't go halfway with their blessings." He chuckles a little at the Khornate Berzerkers words. Bacchus too was one of the Original Traitor marines, though he didn't advertise such things.

"Does it matter? I'm sure there a number of Ancient ones here, myself included."

xaszatm
2014-09-18, 12:21 PM
Aitonia bowed deeply to The Lord Captain. "It would be an honor to come along." As far as she could see, it was currently her best option. None of the other people had enough brain cells to operate a syringe, let alone contemplate actual thinking. Besides, if this Slaaneshi captain was like the rest of them, pleasure drugs would be all that was required for payment.

As for the rest, she shrugged her shoulders. Boys will be boys, she thought.

DrK
2014-09-18, 01:06 PM
The warlord looks at the assembled acolytes before turning back to two of his followers. At Sakra's words his hands clenched into fists, wine slopping onto the floor as a goblet was crushed beyond recognition. "-Return with the axe or the next time I see you, you will hang from hooks" The snarl near full blown rage as he clearly dismisses the party.

Musing on things you all realise that there is a lot to be gained from this reward. Aitonia thining back to the legends of the Black Ships. Rumours of stealthy warp drives and secret archaeotech as well as the records beyond value detailing all of the worlds of men and their precious quota's of witches. Possibly even the ability to trace the other Black Ships... Imagine, if the Black Ships were to stop reaching (holy) Terra...

Seeing the acolytes standing the Warlord he motions with a massive mailed fist. Get them off my ship. If they all want to collect my reward they can plot together.

Please accept my gentle push as the warlord pushes you off his ship onto the nearest available ship....

Leaving the ship a few more details are recalled by various of the acolytes. The surface below riven with roaring lava and other hostile terrain. Great acid storms and razor sand storms are also frequent. The promethium barons move like mechanoid locusts in ramshackle mining vehicles with bikes or skimmers zipping about as outriders. The creatures of the wastes far from the mining packs or the 3 walled and armoured townships are degenerate mutants of the worst sort. Warped by the raw demonic energy and abused by the savage landscape they are locked in a perpetual war with the miners.

On the southern continent there is a small township - Mekonta - that has a rudimentary space port and acts as a hub and semi-neutral ground for the barons to meet and trade. Inside the walls are numerous fighting pits, slave markets and a few great hab domes where slave process funghi like material that is the primary food source...

How are you guys travelling down to the surface?

Hemnon
2014-09-18, 02:55 PM
Scarax had Grudgingly decided to go along with the little group he'd managed to mostly piss off and breed animosity with. Hopefully a little killing and mutant-slaughtering would redeem him in their eyes... not that he even cared what they thought mind you. But for the greater chances in obtaining this grand weapon, some tactical indeals would be needed. Scarax wasn't stupid, far from it. He knew full well that just assaulting a big wall with just your fists would just be suicide after all.
And for Khorne, any oppertunity to kill a whole lot of beings, whatever the method, was well and good enough for him. So all in all, working together with others to reach a goal can even increase the amount of bloodshed and mayhem that could happen and thus even more Honour for Almighty Khorne.

Seanfall
2014-09-18, 10:46 PM
"The Warlord knows how to clear a room doesn't he?" Bacchus asked as he travelled to the docks with the other Heretics. "So good Captain since our Deal is now struck, where is this ship of yours?" As he walked he checked to make sure he had everything he needed with him. Regrettably I am low on stims at the moment. I shall have to procure more once we make landfall.

Bacchus looked back at Scarax, "...Hellooooo." Bacchus wiggled his armored fingers at the large Crimson clad Warrior.

I think we're going on the Captains ship.

As for our compact Hmm...that's something that should be talked about in OOC.

ArcturusV
2014-09-19, 06:11 AM
Jake had walked out of that meeting as the Warlord grumped, just flirting the line of blatantly disrespectful in his pace versus complying with his wishes, giving a little tip of his hat on the way out with a smile on his face.

He remained silent on the trip back through the vessel, walking the corridors and ladders with the expertise of someone who had spent a lot of time on a void ship himself, a bit of a swagger to his step. He seemed to know where he was going, hitting up one of the presumed docking hatches on the ship, and stepping through from the Khornate's ship and the stench of blood and death, to the sweet scents of the Slaaneshi.

"The Gypsy Rose," he said, waving his hand to encompass the vast bulk of the vessel as they entered the ship. He thumbed a Vox Caster Panel on the wall, speaking a few short words to the bridge to get the ship away from the Khornate vessel and under way.

"A few rules while you are here. Don't touch my stuff. Everything you see is my stuff. Most of it will blow up in your face if you touch it. For those of you who have the needs of Faith, I have facilities for that. My proper title is Lord-Captain, there are stewardesses for your needs, feel free to ask them for what you need." He flashed the cultists and warriors a grin.

"Try not to break my troopers for those of you more... martially inclined. It is not easy to replace a loyal army, and I rather not just because someone got bored." He eyed the SPESS MEHREENS as he said that, knowing the reputation for the champions of the Traitor Legions to go Kharn people's faces in and such, and other similar rough behavior and disrespect of the merely human.

"Any questions? Concerns? Desire to shower me with tribute as is only befitting of your magnificent benefactor?" he chuckled softly at this last bit, and honestly it was kind of hard to tell if he was kidding or not as he finally stopped laughing with a soft sigh and turned to go deeper into the ship as it maneuvered away from the Hammerhead.

Hemnon
2014-09-19, 06:57 AM
Scarax already knew he hated the 'Lord Captain'. He was Stoking Scarax's inner fire and being rather obnoxious.... He liked that. It was fun to be goaded a bit without just killing the Goader. This was gonna be interesting~
Scarax made sure to try and ignore to Noise-marine as much as possible... Something was very wrong with that guy and that comes from a Murdering psychopatic Khorne-serving Space Marine.

Seanfall
2014-09-19, 11:27 AM
Bacchus whistled as they came upon the 'Lord-Captain's' ship. "You do not disappoint. Lord-Captain." Bacchus entered behind him taking in the surroundings. Listening quietly as the lord Captain spoke, Bacchus ran his hands along the interior of the ship. "Gypsy? The Ancient Terran Romani?" He liked this ship it would do well.

"Do not worry, unless one of your servants...piques my interest I've already slaked my thirst before coming to this gathering. I doubted the servants of Khorne would be inclined to see to my...particular tastes." As the Ship took off, Bacchus took up a position near the captain, but behind one of the many deckhands staring down at the human's station intently. Before focusing his attention elsewhere.

"From that holomap we saw there was a small township, on the Southern Continent. It's name escapes me, but it might be a good place to start. Get the lay of the land, perhaps trade for any local goods." Bacchus chuckled in his throat at the thought of that.

Col.Straken
2014-09-19, 12:26 PM
Mordechai looked around The Gypsy Rose, "I think that the township would be a good place to start, probably likely have some information about who is the most likely group to have such an Axe." he then seemed to have a second thought, "Oh, do you have anywhere to sit?"

ArcturusV
2014-09-20, 07:44 PM
"Depends on where you want to sit... Just not over there," the Captain tossed his head over, towards his bridge and the Command Throne. Which looked like it had been upholstered in someone's skin. Hard to tell who with it all stretched out tight and cut to fit, etc. But someone. Definitely someone.

After all, it was a ship dedicated to someone who followed a path of Excess and Passion. There were chairs, sedans, seats, couches, etc. Some of them quite weird and luxurious in their own ways, some of them quite painful looking. Why? Why not?

"It's a good place to go. Though I do have a somewhat... lazier plan... which might give us a step up and let me sit, relax, and unwind a bit while we consider." Jake went over towards his Captain's Chair, plopping down with his right leg hanging over the right armrest, left elbow leaning heavily on the left armrest. Giving a little sigh as he pondered.

"The axe is possessed by a Daemon of the God of Blood, Skulls, and Random Slaughtering, in the hands of a disposed Mutant. I figure that means he's probably coming under the thrall of the weapon's inhabitant right now... and probably making hash out of everything in sight. We might at least be able to confirm or pin down a region listening in on Vox Casts, insanely high numbers of deaths, shrines of skulls piled up where there were none before, a new mutant rabble rouser who is gathering the local mutants together to punch things in the face while screaming incoherently... that sort of thing. After all? Why not narrow down the field and relax while we can?"

The Lord Captain smiled, and gave the crew a signal to do as he just asked about, and start monitoring the Vox Traffic among the various Promethium Barons, etc, scouring their broadcasts for various increases and activity as mentioned. It was a long shot... but it might pay off.

xaszatm
2014-09-20, 08:40 PM
Aitonia felt rather annoyed being commanded off by a Khornite, but ultimately shrugged it off. The Lord Captain's plan sounded good, though she worried that others might get the same idea and let us be the ones to get the prize for them. She considered telling the Lord-Captain about this but realized that it would be more fun if she was right. No need to rush things, after all. She turned towards the Noise Marine "I most certainly could give you the drugs you seek. Be it combat drugs that heighten your senses to full power or pleasure drugs that bring the sweetest of memories. But what would you give me in exchange for such gifts, hm?" She laughed a cold, cruel laugh that was both beautiful and deadly. "Maybe you could help me with a little project of mine?"

Seanfall
2014-09-20, 11:03 PM
Bacchus, a wry smile upon his lips turned to this Aitonia, "Hmmm...Well seeing as how we will likely be entrenched, hip deep in battle. Right now Combat stims have the most value, along with something to...lighten any addiction. I don't like being too reliant on a particular drug. Doing the same thing gets boring." He chuckles.

"Project? Tell me more, for my interest is piqued."

DrK
2014-09-21, 03:21 PM
The crew busy themselves around the new passengers, most giving the massive red armoured figure or bronze centaur a wide berth as they mince around wrapped in their revealing or slightly masochistic uniforms. Bacchus gets a more friendly welcome, most in awe of the Emperor's Child.

On the bridge the crew listen in before speaking quietly to the Lord Prince Captain My Lord Captain. We've found some transmissions but nothing specific. Not sure we can get much that is relevant. Shall we prepare the launch your Lordship?

Elurindel
2014-09-21, 03:36 PM
Boris had listened patiently to the Lord-Captain's speech, and smiled. This posturing was all very necessary among these folk, as with his own back home, to show their strength. When it came to other predators, one should never show weakness.
"You desire tribute? Here!" Boris unhooked the Lance-Goad from his back and casually tossed it for their Slaaneshi captain. "I have no need to ride Chomper with these legs. He can follow me into battle as he sees fit." he tugged on the reins of his pet Xurunsh. He turned the Laud Hailer to full and looked for the largest concentration of ratings that he could likely order about. Focusing the spirit within him, he took in a deep breath and bellowed "Somebody! Hey, somebody! Bring me a sandwich! NOW!" and banged the flat of Trusty's double head upon his breastplate.

ArcturusV
2014-09-23, 04:16 AM
Jake nodded, taking the large lance in hand, using his forearm and elbow to counter balance it as he choked up on the offered "tribute". His eye studied it with some measure of cold, disinterested academia, noticing the markings, the craftsmanship, the crude crystal instead of a metallic spearhead, the markings and engravings that may have been on it. An interesting trinket, but not culturally significant as far as he could tell.

"Interesting tribute," he hedged, being polite to the Khornate, walking away to go hang it up in his little Trophy Room next to the bridge. "Crewman, bring him a sandwich," he called out to no one in particular as he walked away, expecting the order to be filled.

"Prepare my launch, prepare one of the Acquisitionists with a few trinkets from the holds, there will be some materials we will need on the surface. Make sure to give our guests every indulgence until we are ready to launch."

Orders given, he retired to his trophy room, to hang up his new Tribute. Right next to the severed, preserved head of the former Lord-Captain, on the wall above the shattered remains of a Sororitas blade in stasis, dating from the Reign of Blood when they bore the name and markings of the Emperor's Brides.

He took a slow, deep breath as he admired his small collection of trinkets picked up around the years, having a moment to unwind in private before they left. He was to be surrounded by rabid Khornates, Mutant Rabble, and Traitorous Psykers. He wanted this last moment of peace, the last he'd have for a long while the way things were looking.

Seanfall
2014-09-23, 12:43 PM
Bacchus accepted a drink from one of the servants, flashing her a quick smile before gulping down the fiery liquid inside. "Quite the dutiful aides this captain possesses. It's pleasing to once again be around those who appreciate my magnanimous self." He smirked at the others, "Oh Firey warrior who bears the Mark of Khorne if you don't mind me saying you seem more...focused than many Devotees of the Blood God, that I've had the....'pleasure' to encounter."

Hemnon
2014-09-23, 03:09 PM
Scarax approached the Lord of the Vessel and made a Gesture of Honour (a handclasp-motion and then a slamming a tight fist against his ceramite-breastplate). "You Lordship, I'd like to, uh, Acquire a person to feast upon and delight in his or her bloodfilled screams as i tear their limbs off. Would there by any chance be a Rating or some lower officer of yours that you were gonna airlock anyways, which i could be given instead?"
It was pretty clear that it took all of his iron will (as well as the calming drugs his body and been modified to gland) for him to show this level of 'casual and pleasant' decorum.... although it was pretty clear that even though he was asking for someone to maul and eat, he wasn't really going to care if you said no. At least that's how his bodylanguage (which was quite obscured by the massive power armour) still managed to scream: DIE SCUM, BLEED YOU FILTHY WEAKLINGSS.

Elurindel
2014-09-23, 06:17 PM
Boris aimed to ensconce himself in the closest mess-hall, somewhere he could fill his belly with sandwiches and just enough alcohol to fire up his spirits for what would doubtlessly be battle up ahead. It would bring complications to wantonly behead ratings for extra skulls for his trophy chain. So he sat and tested trusty out against a table, ensuring its edge was ready to take apart whatever acceptable foe it was when the time came.

ArcturusV
2014-09-25, 03:40 AM
"Lord-Captain" Kaltos didn't turn around as the SPESS MEHREEN barged into his trophy room, and made his request. He seemed to be busy studying a small trinket, what looked like nothing more than a cheap, tawdry little bauble on a chain, probably an amulet of some primitive culture, or just something he felt like taking off the cold, dead body of some poor hiver. Hard to tell.

Finally he turned around to look at the SPESS MEHREEN, giving him a dead stare from Jake Kaltos's eyes, to the cold mask of his Power Armored Face, as if he could see the SPESS MEHREEN underneath. He took in a slow, deep breath, holding that gaze as his chin tilted up slightly and he gave the SPESS MEHREEN a slight hint of a frown.

"I cannot allow that." A clear line was drawn. It was his reputation and his authority on the line. Allowing the SPESS MEHREEN to just be seen randomly killing or even privately, if he proved to have more stealth than every other Khornish Game Hen combined, "disappearing" crew members was a direct challenge to his authority... and damaging to the morale of the crew and their willingness to follow the Lord-Captain.

"And if you do an end run around me, you'll regret it," he added. And important other consideration as he stepped up towards the SPESS MEHREEN, close enough that either could slug the other with his fist. A Power Armored would be Demi-God of Killing... and a small carapace armored human with a jaunty hat facing off, the Captain's hands on his weapons. Even worse than denying the SPESS MEHREEN his blood tribute, would be to have the SPESS MEHREEN do it anyway in defiance of the Captain... and not respond in kind to the blatant disrespect.

He held that position for several moments, letting the silence and the resolve stand for its own. "Understood?"

Hemnon
2014-09-25, 05:02 AM
Scarax felt that onrush of adrenaline being pumped into his body. He knew he was gonna smash something... and killing the Captain of a voidship might not be the best of ideas.... well, yeah i was totally a good idea with the perspective of KHORNE, cuz think of all the blood and carnage. But then again, there was the whole deal with the axe and Scarax priced the regain of that much higher than random acts of rage-induced killings. So instead of smashing his fist right through the silly Human's skull and squash his brains all over the backwall, Scarax saw the only other option to suddenly and with a rage-filled roar, smash the whole of his armoured fist right into and through a nearby pillar, pulverizing whatever material it might have been made of and left a nasty gouge into it, leaving barely a chipped edge to remain connected together.

Scarax then turned back towards the 'Lord Captain', awaiting his response.

Shall i roll Intimidate or something?? :smallwink:
I'd rather not, but if GM finds it suitable, then i will :smallbiggrin:

ArcturusV
2014-09-25, 07:09 AM

That was an Iocanthos Story Column.

The records of a village delicately and skillfully engraved on a column from generation to generation. One of the first things that the Lord-Captain had 'liberated' and studied in his first few years as a Rogue Trader's cultural liaison and Archeologist. Something that this beast pretending to be a man just destroyed. The monetary value was low, but it was a memory of simpler, happier days.

It was his trophy room, everything here was a work of art, or of value to him. His hand went down to his weapons, the meaning clear as he leveled a hard glare at the man from under the brim of his hat, his lips curling up just a bit to show a hint of his clenched teeth, before it turned into a smile.

"... I'm going to have a new trophy..." he said cryptically.

DrK
2014-09-25, 01:12 PM
A tense few hours aboard the ship pass. A narrow confrontation between the marine and the captain ending with the marine leaving accepting the ban on crew eating and the captain staring at the shattered column.

The shuttle ride is rough as it ploughs through the volatile atmosphere of the planet below. The scarred surface with great ravines and craters looks hostile and stained with blood. As you drop closer you can see traces of battles and the occasional mining expedition with massive tracked mining vessels that appear from the sky to be near as big as the largest of battle tanks.

Soon the smoke and pyres from Mekonta can be seen. The sprawling mass of metal and rock a maze of desperation centered around an enormous arena of sorts. The vox as you approach filled with shouted voices on several channels describing the blood sports on the arena floor.

Much of the ramshakle town is given over to refineries and metal processing plants. Massive machines plodding and steaming whilst tankers and other large vehicles deliver more raw materials or take finished produce away. Flying low you can see the hundreds of slave labouring under the whip of heavily armed overseerers.

The landing pads are broken fastcrete slabs on the outskirts of the town. A few other shuttles and small craft dotted amongst the concrete ruins, though several look to be rusted and broken. With a flair of plasma fire the shuttle crashes to a halt, the door rolling open and the hot acrid sulphorous air rolling in. As you disembark you can already see the dust and movement as a pair of ground cars and a few of motorcycles race towards you, savage looking men with blades and guns howling as they race at you....

Prove your might!
There are 2 ground cars (each with ~4 men inside and 4 hanging on the outside)
There are 4 motorbikes of sorts each with a driver and passenger
They are currently 400m away and spread out but moving fast - i.e. they will be here in 2 rounds moving 200m per round

Seanfall
2014-09-25, 03:05 PM
Bacchus smiles as the ground cars and the Motorcycles come racing towards them. Calmly he draws his sonic blaster, tuning it. Once it's harmonics are correct he slaps down his helmet. "It's about to get loud now." After jogging forward a bit, he raises his Blaster and Draws a bead on the Lead Ground Car.

Putting down my action.

Full Round: Aim.

I know I'm probably not first to go but, since this is all I'm doing. *shrug*

Cogsrow
2014-09-25, 04:50 PM
-Sakura sighs, she had seperated herself from the group to work off a little tension with one of the crew members, and of course to refresh her supply of blood wine, always a lovely little treat, She just appeared as you were boarding the shuttle and as she gets out she looks at the approaching enemies and draws her pistol- Always easy to spot the khornates

Not gonna do much, I have just a pistol XD

Hemnon
2014-09-25, 06:18 PM
Scarax remained in place, looking like the sightly touch would release hell and damnation itself. he was fuming with rage and hate, only through strong willpower retained her full control.

Holds action and frenzies either right after the enemy or right before their next move, depending on if they have action before me or no.

Elurindel
2014-09-25, 06:24 PM
Boris took one look at the encroaching bikers. No doubt those things had guns mounted, and he would not stoop to play their game. With Trusty already hefted in both hands, he turned his laud Hailer up to full. Clattering down the shuttle ramp like a Juggernaut, he bellowed to the sky.
"Remember the name Boris, craven fools! For when you go to rest by the Skull Throne, it shall be a point of pride that your head was lopped from your scrawny neck by a legend such as he!"

Boris is running at full speed of 24m. Any ranged attacks to hit him will be at -20.

ArcturusV
2014-09-25, 08:12 PM
The Lord-Captain barked a sharp command back at the lander and the pilot and "Acquisitionists" (flunkies with no combat ability, there to carry swag more or less for trade), "Hold Fast and prepare for looting operations in 35 seconds."

That was all, he expected that they would remain on the ship as ordered, and that they would be ready to loot the soon to be dead, as per standard protocol. After all, any who faced him would have some trinket he would keep as a trophy, even something as seemingly worthless as a pulled grenade pin or a spent bolt casing.

He liked to remember.

That said, the Lord-Captain was on with Boris, rushing in long, graceful strides. His hands empty at the moment, relying on his quick reflexes to catch a would be traitor or faster than expected inbound enemy by even that momentary surprise that came with a quick draw and facing down a surprise by a Plasma Pistol pulled from seemingly nowhere.

"Scream a symphony for me! I want to remember it forever," he shouted out at the riders, though they likely couldn't hear him over his own engines, but the point was the focus of the defiance.

Running! I don't have Hard Target or anything else that impacts standard Running Mechanics.

So I run at the enemy, 18m closed. Not as fast as the Khornate sadly.

xaszatm
2014-09-25, 11:43 PM
"Well, that didn't take long. Let's deal with these human orks" Mutants did have a special way of greeting others. Most involved trying to remove any life from the visitor but is was special. What was just as special was the opportunity such a large group could provide. Still, wouldn't do to have so many gunning her down. She brandished her lascarbined and aimed.

I pull my lascarbine out on do a Half-Action Aim

DrK
2014-09-27, 02:42 PM
THe enemy mutant bikers and truckers scream forward halving the distance as weapons are raised and rounds begin to zip past the acolytes. Some slamming into the gun cutter, others whipping past everyone else. The fire intensifies as you can see a pair of heavier weapons on the roofs of the ground cars...

So all the vehicles close the range from 400m to 200m

Truck 1
Guy on the roof w/tripod heavy bolter Vs Scaraz / Bacchus / Scarax [roll0] TN 37
[roll1][roll2][roll3] PEN 5 (in each case take the higher number)

Guy out the window [roll4] Full auto Vs Boris! TN 33
[roll5] [roll6] [roll7] PEN 3

Truck 2
Guy on the roof w/tripod heavy stubber Vs Boris [roll8] TN 37
[roll9] [roll10] [roll11] PEN 3

Guy out the window [roll12] Full auto Vs Lord Captain TN 33
[roll13] [roll14] [roll15] PEN 3

ArcturusV
2014-09-27, 04:28 PM
Jake Kaltos felt one of the stray round slam into his carapace chest plate, not fully penetrating, but the force of the impact leaving a little bruise on his flesh underneath it, and put a cold, calculating stare on his face as he looked back at Truck two who had dared to fire at him, and the thug who leaned out like he was some hardcore punk, needing to get in an extra shot before closing into the melee that he knew he wanted.

One of the grenades practically seemed to leap up into his hand as he locked onto that punk's vehicle, quickly calculating out the toss needed, and waiting for just the right moment...

Quick Draw, readying a Fire Grenade.
Setting up an Overwatch:
I am currently 182m from the trucks. Readying an action to toss said Grenade at an enemy if it approaches within my max range, which is SBx3x4 for a total of 36m.
Enemies within that range of course also suffer a +0 Pinning Test, though by the time they enter that range their turns would practically be over anyway...

Attack if it ends up triggering:
[roll0] vs 34 BS, -30 for Extreme Range.
Scatter Dice as I'm almost certain to need it:
[roll1] for direction.
[roll2] for meters distance.

Damage as needed:
[roll3] Energy Damage, Pen 6, Blast (3), Flaming, Reliable.

Seanfall
2014-09-27, 04:29 PM
Bacchus doesn't move, doesn't flinch as the shots roar past and around him stitching the ground. He aims at the lead cars front driver side tire. "Don't Blink." He smiles as he pulls the trigger on his sonic blaster.

Called Shot to the Front Driver's side Tire of the Lead Car.
[roll0] vs 74 (-10 Long Range +20 Aim Called Shot is negated with Sharpshooter and Deadeye Shot.)

Damage
[roll1] E at PEN 4

Hemnon
2014-09-27, 05:29 PM
Scarax finally boiled over the rage and bloodlust the same moment those bullets zipped past his head and torso, none of them striking true. Everything went red and hate hazed over his senses and He finally let out a terrorfying roar as his blood-rage flows over him.

Scarax spends his whole turn Whipping himself into a frenzy ^^

Col.Straken
2014-09-28, 11:23 AM
Mordechai must have slipped into a light sleep on the way down as he suddenly woke up to the sound of bullets rattling of the shuttles hull. He grabbed his spear and pistol before making his way to the ramp, where he was greeted by the roar of engines and a hail of solid rounds. Ducking and weaving from anywhere he thought a bullet was about to pass he shouted out "Whats all this about then?"

Mordechai will simply get a few powers ready, not much a pistol can do, and he doesn't really want to risk his life running around after cars.

Initiative: [roll0] (5 Per bonus, +2 Quick and the dead)

Powers: (Both are half actions)
Sharpened Senses (Fettered): WP:60+10(Psy focus)+15(Psy rating 5/2)=85 [roll1]

This gives me +30 to any Per based test for Psy rating rounds (According to the Errata as the actual power doesn't specify)

Precognition (Fettered): Per:53+10(Psy focus)+15(psy rating 5/2)+30(For sharpened senses if passed)=108 [roll2]

This gives me +2x Psy rating on evasion tests (Free action to sustain).

I just wish I could have got Preternatural Awareness off, for a Per bonus of 10+DoS for Initiative!

Elurindel
2014-09-28, 01:02 PM
Boris chuckled heartily, the Laud Hailers carrying his booming voice even further as he clattered toward the bikers, hearing the angry buzz of bullets whipping past him.
"No mere bullet can defeat Boris!" he bellowed. "Especially when cast forth by the likes of you!"

(No actual action, just roleplaying)

xaszatm
2014-09-29, 01:46 AM
Readying her lascarbine and her mechanical servants, she quickly mutters in machine code:

+++ACTIVATE OVERWATCH MODE+++
+++TARGET: INCOMING BIKERS+++
+DON'T SHOOT UNTIL IN RANGE+
+REMOVE ONE-SHOT PROTOCOL+
+INSERT HALF-BURST PROTOCOL+
+DEATH TO THE FALSE EMPEROR!+

Her servo-skulls and servitor whirl to life and start aiming at the incoming vehicles. Aitonia smiled at their efficiency.

My minions and I decide to do an Overwatch movement. Whenever a Biker comes into our range, everyone fires a Half-Burst shot.

Cogsrow
2014-09-29, 11:22 AM
-sakura curses as bolt shells and bullets rain all around and she looks for the nearest bit of cover and goes to take it, not like she had much long range weaponry-

DrK
2014-09-29, 03:06 PM
There is a great blast of noise and purple fire as the blastmaster fires smashing into the tire of the truck but in a display of surprisingly skilled driving the mutant controls the truck coming slowly to a halt 100m from the shuttle, men and mutants pouring from the car, weapons held high! The heavy bolter spewing a hail of fire at the noise marine.

The other truck speeds forward skidding to a halt some 20m form the Captain and the Boris and ~45m from the shuttle, the fire bomb sailing over the trucks head landing harmlessly beyond it, the mutants staying in cover and laying down a hail of fire at both Boris and the Captain.

The 4 bikers speed up, two spilling left and two splitting right as they flank the shuttle, the passengers toting weapons as they spray fire at the assemble acolytes...

Truck 1
- skids to a halt 100m back
-- 7 guys pile out and take cover behind the truck as they ready weapons/ aim. Most seem to have basic weapons or pistols and melee implements
-- Heavy bolter on the roof [roll0] TN 47
damage [roll1]+8 [roll2]+8 [roll3]+8 [roll4]+8 PEN 5

Truck 2 - skids to a halt at 20m
- 3 guys taking cover, 3 guys shooting at Captain and Boris
Boris [roll5] TN 27 dam [roll6] PEN 3
Captain [roll7] TN 27 dam [roll8] PEN 3
Boris [roll9] TN 27 dam [roll10] PEN 3

Heavy Stubber takes Aim as full round at both

Biker 1
Shot at Skarax [roll11] TN 37 dam [roll12] PEN 7 Hellgun
Shot at Skarax [roll13] TN 37 dam [roll14] PEN 3
Shot at Bacchus [roll15] TN 37 dam [roll16] PEN 5 bolter
Shot at Moredechai[roll17] TN 37 dam [roll18] PEN 3

Seanfall
2014-09-29, 11:54 PM
The trouble with using vehicles as Cover, Bacchus thought to himself as he quickly stowed his Sonic Blaster and drew his Blastmaster. Is that they can't be screwed to the ground. His fingers flew up and down it as he set it to fire in an, 'Explosive Crescendo'. He aimed at the Car he had fired upon earlier, and fired. The air was filled with a throbbing bass note, the air visibly distorting as the blast rocketed towards it's target.

Quick Draw Blastmaster,
Half Round Aim
Fire on the car being used as cover.
[roll0] vs 54 (-20 missing proficiency, +10 Aim)

Damage Explosive Crescendo
[roll1] Pen 8 Blast 4 Devastating 2

ArcturusV
2014-09-30, 04:00 AM
"Lord Boris, mind stomping over those cowards hiding behind the car?" Jake called out as he pulled out another grenade, seeing the man on the Heavy Stubber staring down their way. Cocking and chucking that grenade directly at the Heavy Stubber Gunner, he hit the deck afterwards to avoid any fire that might come back his way... hopefully as the Xurant went to Axe them a Question and draw their attention to a greater degree.

Quick Draw, Free Action Fire Grenade Readied. Half Action Aim. Half Action Standard Attack with the Fire Grenade. Drop Prone, free action.

The Attack:
[roll0] vs 34 BS, Standard Attack for +10, Half Action Aim for +10. Attack is at Normal Range, no penalties (20m is less than the 27m that would be the start of Long Range), total of 54.

Damage:
[roll1] Pen 6 Energy Damage, Blast (3), Flaming.

Scatter Dice if needed:
Direction: [roll2]
Distance: [roll3] meters.

Is Prone, which gives enemies a -10 to BS Tests against me, but +10 WS to hit me. Imposes a -10 to my own WS tests, and -20 to Evasion Tests.

Hemnon
2014-09-30, 05:22 AM
Scarax burst into a sudden sprint towards the nearest enemy to him, His legend-holding Powersword raised high as he screams out obscenities and goading curses at the mutants. The feeble shots the enemy fired at him just pinged off his Ancient and Ornate Power Armour's Ceramite Platings as if they'd been nothing more than small pebbles that's been tossed at him.

Uses Run Action and Sprint talent to move up to 60 meters towards 'the other truck', thus placing himself in a good position to charge them next round.
Dunno if it's easier to hit a character running, or if it makes it harder though. but whatever ^^ that'll be the GM's problem for now :p

Col.Straken
2014-09-30, 05:48 AM
Mordechai simply lent back as a flurry of bullets flashed before his face, unfazed he smile and tried to draw from the strands of fate to guess where the closest biker was about to head. Plucking the one that he saw the most he aimed ahead of the biker and let off a single shot from his Stub Revolver. Unfortunately, Tzeentch had other plans (Sorry I couldn't resist) and the biker clearly had other ideas speeding up a fraction more to get closer to the shuttle, Mordechai's shot simply flew past the man where he had been a few seconds earlier. "Frak, could have done with being taught how to shoot in Astropath school eh?" he says with a wry smile as he feels slightly useless. But then again, he was stood at the back of everyone else, which meant he was less likely to get shot, which is a big bonus.

Reaction
Precognitive Dodge (fettered): Per-10:43+30(sharpened senses)+10(Preternatural awareness)+10(psyfocus)+15(Psyrating 5/2) =108 [roll0]

Free Action
Precognitive Strike (Fettered): Psyniscience-10:63+30(sharpened senses)+10(Psyfocus)+15(Psyrating 5/2) =118 [roll1]

Half Action: Aim (at the closest biker)
Half Action: Single shot at the biker: BS:33+10(aim)+25(Precognitive Strike) = 68 [roll2] plus/minus any other modifiers for range and/or movement as GM sees fit.

Elurindel
2014-09-30, 01:34 PM
"Worry not, compatriots! I shall go forthwith, and make great war upon these brigands that think to belay true warriors!" Boris responded. Or at least, that's how it sounded to him. To those listening, it was more of a mix of "Bawwooooooo!" and "Shreeeeeee!" as Boris lunged at the nearest enemy, with Chomper following on his heels.

Since Boris and Chomper cannot Charge this turn, they'll both take Run actions to bring them close enough to the nearest enemy that they can still charge next turn.

Cogsrow
2014-10-02, 02:15 PM
-Sakura rolls her eyes and sighs, and starts firing at one of the mutants in the back of the truck with her laser pistol. To much fire to get close and work her craft with a blade, and all her....compatriots yelling various things. Already she was getting bored with this-

[roll0] v 44

[roll1] damage