PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A looking to drag

arkangel111
2014-09-16, 03:52 PM
Looking through ToB and such I find all kinds of throws and trips but nothing that lets you pull an enemy towards you, at least not by raw. Is there a Combat maneuver or any class/feat that allows you to pull a creature towards you?

Desthro
2014-09-16, 07:29 PM
The only thing that comes to mind regarding pulling or dragging someone along as a maneuver would be grappling. http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/specialAttacks.htm#grapple

You can make an opposed grapple check to move half your move and drag them along with you. I'd imagine using a weapon like a mancatcher (so you can make reached grapples) would allow you to drag them along accordingly without having to "move into their square" while grappling.

Ravens_cry
2014-09-16, 08:05 PM
I was going to suggest the Belt of Gender Changing or a good Disguise check, but that works too.:smalltongue:

Zombulian
2014-09-16, 09:10 PM
Truenamer has an utterance for that actually! It's called Eldritch Attraction.

Snowbluff
2014-09-16, 09:15 PM
I was going to suggest the Belt of Gender Changing or a good Disguise check, but that works too.:smalltongue:

C'mon. The first one doesn't count. :smallamused:

Troacctid
2014-09-16, 09:18 PM
If you have the Improved Grab ability (easily obtainable with a dip in Spirit Bear Totem Barbarian) and you make a successful grapple attempt after striking an enemy with a reach weapon, they'll be pulled into your square.

Zombulian
2014-09-16, 09:39 PM
If you have the Improved Grab ability (easily obtainable with a dip in Spirit Bear Totem Barbarian) and you make a successful grapple attempt after striking an enemy with a reach weapon, they'll be pulled into your square.

From there it's just a matter of hyper-increasing your reach. Or using Blood Wind.

Mirakk
2014-09-16, 09:41 PM
Craft Construct feat.

Construct an Effigy Templated Harpoon Spider to help you out. They have an ability where they can launch harpoons and trip/drag enemies into their square.