PDA

View Full Version : Player Help PF Forgotten Realms god powers and stuff?

BaurPowr
2014-09-16, 06:50 PM
Our pathfinder game is set in the forgotten realms universe using pathfinder rules and such. Inside the game itself I've had a few "I have no idea what's going on" moments especially with the god given powers our GM has given us.

As it stands right now, as a summary, each player has come upon a box of varying color. Red, blue, yellow, green, orange, etc. Once opened we see a weird vision which each seems to grant us different power and abilities. We've been able to decipher a few of the boxed powers to link to gods, and a few that we just can't seem to gather any information at all. The main 2 in question are our party's bard, and my own.
The powers granted seem to come from a varying assortment of deities, and they are there for the purpose of preventing something catastrophic. Or so we think. On the level that both Shar and Mystra have both granted one of our members to be a champion.

The Bard's power, from what we gather is something druidic. It started with the inability to drink, or touch water. After touching a dryad.... on purpose, the dryad exploded and caused anything wooden in 300 feet to turn to sand. As a ranger myself, I tried to see if that was similar to what the blue dragons could to. With a 35 Knowledge roll the DM then explained "I didn't even know blue dragons could do that. Though from what you know it has nothing to do with dragons." Every night he sleeps in a bed he always wakes up in a pile of sawdust, as if the wooden frame had aged so far it turned to sand.

As for mine, it's been two different things. It originally started out with a god forcing himself into me, and the only time I was able to speak to him he showed himself to only me as a mind-flayer taller than any I've ever heard of in story. At the time he was holding back a vampire from controlling me and preventing me from being his trall. However, I managed to become revived and the power changed. I woke up in a forest and in my posesion was the same box I opened. Inside was a dagger that fit my hand perfectly. It was covered in elvish runes and the blade has a pinkish hue. It's a +3 Dancing dagger and grants me blind-fight, [as per the feat] I don't need to breathe, 1 cast of true ressurection per day, cuts through DR/any, and Immunities to the river Styx.
I eventually used the dagger to res our fighter... because he's not the smartest, however when I did it caused him to rez as a Sun elf, and become a sorcerer. Later that day he eventually turned 15 city guardsmen into sun elves, and turned on us in an attempt to kill us off. We eventually trapped his soul in a gem as per the 8th level spell, where his soul was on fire as if he were the human torch. All the guards we killed turned back into humans after they had been killed, the only difference is that their eyes were black and looked like they had been burned out. Upon arcane inspection of the dagger it appears to have a "Soul steal" and "Gate" enchantment on it...

Long in the short. I'm totally confused. If anyone has any idea what gods might be contributing to this I'd love to know.