PDA

View Full Version : Bloodhound (Complete Adventurer) + Ceric Multiclass

TB Yardstick
2014-09-16, 08:32 PM
My buddy wants to make a vampire/lycanthrope/undead hunter class and we figured we could use bloodhound and cleric to do it but we have a few questions.
Would he lose his divine spells if he took levels in a martial character?
Has anyone done anything like this before?
How did it work?
Any input or opinions would be appreciated

Troacctid
2014-09-16, 08:58 PM
He would keep the spells he has (unless he betrayed his deity) but he wouldn't gain any new ones. He'd be giving up the ability to advance his spellcasting. He also wouldn't advance his turning, which seems like a pretty big problem here.

There are better prestige classes for this concept, I'm sure. I know there's Hunter of the Dead from Complete Warrior (although that's more for Paladins, and for some reason it doesn't advance turning either, despite having it as a requirement and gaining Extra Turning as a bonus feat), and probably others that I can't think of right now. I'm sure someone else will post them.

Incidentally, make sure to pick up the Moon domain (Spell Compendium). It gives you the ability to turn lycanthropes.

ranagrande
2014-09-16, 10:05 PM
Probably the best class for this would be the Knight of the Raven, hidden away in the Expedition to Castle Ravenloft adventure module.

The Master of Radiance and Sacred Purifier from Libris Mortis would both work very well too.