PDA

View Full Version : Does Fist of The Forest's AC bonus stack with a Monk's?

Chaosvii7
2014-09-16, 09:51 PM
Looking to put a crazy character concept in the bank for later, and was just curious if a Monk/FotF would add both their CON and WIS modifier to their AC.

Werephilosopher
2014-09-16, 09:55 PM
Yes. Even though they work similarly, they are not the same source.

Greenish
2014-09-16, 10:04 PM
The most common interpretation I've seen is No, because both are gained from a class feature called AC Bonus and thus the "same source" clause comes to effect.

Chaosvii7
2014-09-16, 10:19 PM
The most common interpretation I've seen is No, because both are gained from a class feature called AC Bonus and thus the "same source" clause comes to effect.

I think the same source clause only applies to specifically typed bonuses(Such as two sources of the same competence bonus), of which the AC bonus isn't typed. Though unlike Sneak Attack/Sudden Strike/Skirmish it doesn't have a clause for stacking multiple sources of it, which it might need even if it's an untyped bonus. I'll ask my DM before I break the character out - worst case scenario, I replace the FotF levels with something else I can use.

Greenish
2014-09-16, 10:30 PM
I think the same source clause only applies to specifically typed bonusesNo, it doesn't. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/theBasics.htm#stacking)

Though unlike Sneak Attack/Sudden Strike/Skirmish it doesn't have a clause for stacking multiple sources of it, which it might need even if it's an untyped bonus.Sneak Attack doesn't have any general clause that'd allow it to stack (which is why most PrCs have to specifically mention theirs will stack with rogue's).

I'll ask my DM before I break the character out - worst case scenario, I replace the FotF levels with something else I can use.It's neither unreasonable nor overpowered (unless you're also somehow getting around with the no armour clause). Good luck.

ranagrande
2014-09-16, 10:35 PM
Or be a Deepwarden/Fist of the Forest/Forsaker and add your Con bonus to your AC three times!