PDA

View Full Version : My Little Pony: Slice of Life is Magic V: Season two part two.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Rater202
2014-09-16, 10:26 PM
Sabbina free's Spark who Frees Adepha

((Posts may commence, on this our fifth thread))

((Oh My God five threads I love you guys no homo not that there's anything wrong with that))

Emperor Ing
2014-09-16, 10:41 PM
Agh! Thanks! Adepha says as she flies off to attack the false king once again.

flying
[roll0] 24

Martial Arts
[roll1] 15

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-16, 10:44 PM
Thanks, now get Gear out of here Sabina! Spark flies at the unicorn also swiping at him once more. As he assaults the would be King, he taunts him even further.

You got beat by a dragon in the real world, a dragon who did not know the first thing about being, how do you expect to stand against my, Sombra. Spark says the kings name mockingly.
Flying[roll0]+4=12
finesse Weapons
[roll1]+6=15 (crit)

DigoDragon
2014-09-17, 06:25 AM
Thanks, now get Gear out of here Sabina!

"Well I can't just abandon you three!" Sabina counters. She backs away with Gear, but not too far that she couldn't jump back in to help again. "Gear, buddy, you still with me? If this is your dream, can you try and see if you can end it? Or imagine something to help us win? We need your help, Gear! Be brave, please!"

Rapport: [roll0]+8 = 13

Rater202
2014-09-17, 08:04 PM
Subtle's bedlam spell seems to have a small effect on the nightmare-not it's full effect but more than enough for the martial artist nymph and flaming claw to strike it

In retaliation, the shade fires a blast of dark magic at Subtle dc 18 opriate dodge/block or take [roll0] fort/will, distributed as you choose.

Humble Master
2014-09-17, 08:32 PM
Seeing the bolt of dark magic careening towards her Subtle focused upon her telekinesis to put a chunk of crystal between her and the blast. She then attempted to manipulate the images brought about by her potent illusion spell to move numerous duplicates of Spark and Adepha into the false King's face to try and make a counter attack against her friends less likely to target their true position.

Spellcasting:[roll0]+11=18 Spending 1 point of Will for this use of telekinesis. Phew, just made it!
Spellcasting:[roll1]+11=17 To manipulate Reaving Unreality.

Emperor Ing
2014-09-17, 08:37 PM
You're a monster! Adepha says as she careens towards the spectre, her hooves out in front of her.

Flying
[roll0] 30 (Crit)

MA
[roll1] 22 (Crit)

DigoDragon
2014-09-17, 09:22 PM
"Gear, is there anything you can think of to fight this nightmare thing?" Sabina asked. She was getting antsy to help out, but the filly couldn't think of a way to fight without leaving Gear behind. "We are in your mind and well... we need to beat this thing back so we can leave. Together! I understand now why you're so introverted and easy to anger when it comes to bullies and despots, but I know you can take the first step. To stand up. To wake up. And I'm right here for you when you need someone to talk to. Or to hold you up. Or just so you don't feel alone. You're never alone Gear. Use our friendship like an armor of bravery and let's fight this thing!"

Rollin'

Rapport? Something? I got a boxcar crit if that helps?
[roll0]

That's a 25 if Rapport.

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-17, 10:39 PM
Spark attacks again.

[roll0]+6

Rater202
2014-09-17, 11:32 PM
Adepha's masterful flying and and demosntration of martial arts skill that Adamant would applaud at result in the nightmare being knocked on his plot, while spark's flaming claws seem to be burning through it's ephemeral shadowy flesh, pools of liquid Darkness spilling from the wound

The nightmare stands up and lunches a massive blast of dark magic at what he thinks is Adepha, but is infact one of Subtle's illusions

Goo thing those are there, that looked like it would have hurt.

"Gear, is there anything you can think of to fight this nightmare thing?" Sabina asked. She was getting antsy to help out, but the filly couldn't think of a way to fight without leaving Gear behind. "We are in your mind and well... we need to beat this thing back so we can leave. Together! I understand now why you're so introverted and easy to anger when it comes to bullies and despots, but I know you can take the first step. To stand up. To wake up. And I'm right here for you when you need someone to talk to. Or to hold you up. Or just so you don't feel alone. You're never alone Gear. Use our friendship like an armor of bravery and let's fight this thing!"

Rollin'

Rapport? Something? I got a boxcar crit if that helps?
[roll0]

That's a 25 if Rapport.

This speech seems to be having a noticible effect on Gear. His sparkles are starting to come backAs Gear's sparkles return, Sombra seems to ...diminish somehow, in ways that are hard to explain.

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-17, 11:36 PM
Spark, sweeps his claws at Sombra's face, taking the false king's moment of weakness to his advantage.
[roll0]+2
[roll1]+6

Emperor Ing
2014-09-18, 12:45 AM
You can beat him, Gear! Adepha cheers the crystal colt on as she goes for another solid hit.

Obs
[roll0] 9

Flying
[roll1] 26

MA
[roll2] 15

DigoDragon
2014-09-18, 07:01 AM
Sabina cheered her friend on. "Gear, look! Your sparkles are like... making Sombra weaker. Oh, but of course!! The Crystal Heart thingy that protects your homeland runs on your happy sparkles. So getting your own sparkles back means you can beat Sombra here in your mind! Come Gear, happy thoughts! Bravery! You can do it!!"

Observation: 13 vs. DC6
[roll0]+5

Humble Master
2014-09-18, 07:28 PM
"Come on Gear! This is your mind, your dominion. Only you truly have power here!" Subtle telekinetically lifted the nearest chunk of crystal and sent it hurtling towards the imaginary King.

Rapport:[roll0]+4=8
Spellcasting:[roll1]+11=21 Spending 1 point of Will.

Rater202
2014-09-18, 07:56 PM
Once again the combined attacks leave the nightmare on the ground, Bleeding

Sabina cheered her friend on. "Gear, look! Your sparkles are like... making Sombra weaker. Oh, but of course!! The Crystal Heart thingy that protects your homeland runs on your happy sparkles. So getting your own sparkles back means you can beat Sombra here in your mind! Come Gear, happy thoughts! Bravery! You can do it!!"

Observation: 13 vs. DC6
[roll0]+5

"Come on Gear! This is your mind, your dominion. Only you truly have power here!" Subtle telekinetically lifted the nearest chunk of crystal and sent it hurtling towards the imaginary King.

Rapport:[roll0]+4=8
Spellcasting:[roll1]+11=21 Spending 1 point of Will.

Gear apears to be talking to hmself

...There's nothing to be scared of. He's dead. There's nothing to be scared of. he's dead...

The Nightmare continues to diminish, becoming translucent. It screams in frustration before launching a rain of dark crystals, attacking all of you...

...destroying the illusions but all bouncing harmlessly off of you all. It appears that Gear's protective aura is back now, and has been shooting 'roids while it was gone.

Emperor Ing
2014-09-18, 08:04 PM
Stopping, panting and blinking, Adepha processes seeing the wounded phantom being defeated.

She then flies over and wraps Gear in her forelegs. You did it Gear!

Humble Master
2014-09-18, 08:18 PM
Horn aching from all the magical concentration Subtle finally dismisses all of the illusions from Reaving Unreality. She smiles and joins Adepha in hugging their once again sparkly friend. "Yah Gear. You defeated him."

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-18, 08:21 PM
Come on Gear you can do! Remember you told us how you saw this guy be destroyed by Spike. You saw this unicorn be blown to bits. Through your own power you can be the thing that beats this son of a diamond dog. Spark does not yet give up on beating the darkness, as continues to tear at the being not letting up on his assault.

[roll0]+7
[roll1]+6

DigoDragon
2014-09-18, 08:21 PM
"Uh, gals," Sabina warned, "I don't think this nightmare is licked yet. It's still twitchin'!"

She turned to Gear and held his hoof. "Okay Gear, what do you say we blow this thing and go home? Draw upon my strength, my friendship. Focus that energy into your own protective magic and power the crystal heart within you!!"

Rapport: 16
[roll0]+8

Emperor Ing
2014-09-18, 08:31 PM
Ack! Adepha suddenly releases Gear as she realizes this fake Sombra is not yet destroyed.

Noling interrupts hugs! She flies around to kick Fake Sombra.

Martial Arts
[roll0]

Rater202
2014-09-18, 08:58 PM
Horn aching from all the magical concentration Subtle finally dismisses all of the illusions from Reaving Unreality. She smiles and joins Adepha in hugging their once again sparkly friend. "Yah Gear. You defeated him."

... No, I'm pretty sure Spark and Adepha did.

The ling and honorary ling in question having just effectively torn the nightmare to bits just a second before now is most certainly what he's talking about.

As the shadow dies, the empire returns to it's true form, though remains abandoned.

Sorry Sabina, I'm afraid you won't get to see him blow up after all.

Don't be so certain, young one.

It appears that now that Gear's nightmare is over, Princess Luna is not restricted from entering his Dreams.

Now'd be the time to ask Gear about some of those things the PC's saw while in his subconscious. We're post climax right now.

DigoDragon
2014-09-18, 09:06 PM
"Princess Luna!" Sabina shouted happily. "We did it! We helped Gear out of the nightmare... actually, it was kind of... interesting? Like, what was with the minotaurs in the tutus, Gear?"

Rater202
2014-09-18, 09:09 PM
"Princess Luna!" Sabina shouted happily. "We did it! We helped Gear out of the nightmare... actually, it was kind of... interesting? Like, what was with the minotaurs in the tutus, Gear?"

What?

Gear seems just as confused a you are.

I mean, the only thing I know about Minotours is that they make good tools.

And the only time I've ever thought about tutus was, before we moved here, my family spent a weekend in Canterlot, and took in the ballet.

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-18, 09:13 PM
Spark just looks at his friend even more confused. His eyes squinting as he tries to understand what he just heard, with what he saw. That makes no sense.

Humble Master
2014-09-18, 09:23 PM
OOC: Heh, I misread the post as though Sombra had exploded into the rain of dark crystals. Don't know how I go that...

Subtle gave Luna a bow and then rose beaming "Princess! Sabina's right, we destroyed the manifestation of Sombra and Gear seems a lot better now. I'm just so glad we were able to help not only our friend but you Princess. I just wish I hadn't had to go into somewere so private as Gear's guilts and doubts to do so."

Rater202
2014-09-18, 09:32 PM
Spark just looks at his friend even more confused. His eyes squinting as he tries to understand what he just heard, with what he saw. That makes no sense.
Well, I mean, where did you see this? I mean, I never dreamed somethingf about that.

I mean, the ballet was a prett nice show, and I've sorta been wanting to get a hold of a Minotaur made tool set.

OOC: Heh, I misread the post as though Sombra had exploded into the rain of dark crystals. Don't know how I go that...

Subtle gave Luna a bow and then rose beaming "Princess! Sabina's right, we destroyed the manifestation of Sombra and Gear seems a lot better now. I'm just so glad we were able to help not only our friend but you Princess. I just wish I hadn't had to go into somewere so private as Gear's guilts and doubts to do so."

...Guilt?

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-18, 09:50 PM
Spark sits down, and looks at the Empire, as he listened to his friends. The important thing Subtle is Gear is no long in a Nightmare.

Spark speaks up trying to be a voice of reason, while he continued to watch the Empire.

Humble Master
2014-09-18, 10:01 PM
Subtle looked sideways at Gear, still very uncomfortable with what she had needed to do. "To save you from this nightmare we had to help you confront these things you felt guilty about. I know it was for the best but I still feel bad I saw those things Gear. Those should be secrets you can choose to keep."

Rater202
2014-09-18, 10:06 PM
Subtle looked sideways at Gear, still very uncomfortable with what she had needed to do. "To save you from this nightmare we had to help you confront these things you felt guilty about. I know it was for the best but I still feel bad I saw those things Gear. Those should be secrets you can choose to keep."

Oh, don't worry about that.

...What did you see?

Emperor Ing
2014-09-18, 10:11 PM
Adepha rubs her hoof against one of her forelegs uneasily.We saw you were guilty about when we first met and you thought I was a monster because of the Crystal Empire pamphlets. Then there was this...thing at this big snow palace where everyling was mad at you for something, then we saw you and...what happened with Quartz Sprocket... The nymph looked downcast.

DigoDragon
2014-09-18, 10:13 PM
"The day we first met, the day of the snowball fight... the uh... guess a time you tried to escape the empire?"

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-18, 10:33 PM
Spark looks over his shoulder at Gear. We had to, though. It allowed us to help you. That is what friends do after all.

Rater202
2014-09-18, 10:45 PM
Adepha rubs her hoof against one of her forelegs uneasily.We saw you were guilty about when we first met and you thought I was a monster because of the Crystal Empire pamphlets. Then there was this...thing at this big snow palace where everyling was mad at you for something, then we saw you and...what happened with Quartz Sprocket... The nymph looked downcast.

Oh...

Um, don't worry about that. You had a good reason, and, um, I'd probably have told you anyway...

Perhaps now would be the best time to change the Subject, something the princess seems to sense.

Young colt, if you're willing to share, I find myself curious about the nameless colt from your subconscious?

Nameless colt?

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-18, 10:52 PM
Ya, we met him, he looked like. Spark begins to describe the colt. by the time he finishes. You have any idea who he is?

Rater202
2014-09-18, 10:58 PM
Gear's coat becomes tinged with pink, but only on his cheeks.

Um, that's something I really don't feel comfortable talking about around a stranger. Um, no offense, your Majesty.

*chuckles* None taken, child.

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-18, 11:00 PM
Spark turns his head back to view the Empire. Did Gear have a crush? oh this was something Spark was not going to let go until he knew more. *suppressed giggles*

Emperor Ing
2014-09-18, 11:21 PM
Adepha wasn't entirely certain the flavors of the emotions she was tasting from Gear. She could only give him a perplexed look. Wut? She said flatly.

Rater202
2014-09-18, 11:39 PM
Adepha wasn't entirely certain the flavors of the emotions she was tasting from Gear. She could only give him a perplexed look. Wut? She said flatly.

Gear walks up to Adepha and whispers in her...ear? Ear hole? Ear frill?Um, you remember when we were looking around through the, um, things from Darlock, and we got hit by the powered E-Rocks and I said those things that made you think I "like" liked you, and I said there was no chance of that ever happening?

There, um, there's a very good reason for that.

Emperor Ing
2014-09-18, 11:54 PM
Adepha opens her mouths to speak, but is simply too stunned and confused to respond.

Rater202
2014-09-19, 12:17 AM
Adepha opens her mouths to speak, but is simply too stunned and confused to respond.

For a moment, it looks like Gear is about to clarify, but he's interupted

Perhaps you should save this for an other time? It will be morning soon, and thus you should all soon awaken.

Gear looks happy for the change of subject.

Wait, princess. I have a question: Why is it that here my leg...?

Why it's flesh and blood in your dream when it's metal in the wakeing world?

..Yeah.

I have have a question for you: Do you, honestly, truly think of yourself as a cripple?

Well, I mean I am missing-

No, not are you. Do you think yourself one?

Well, no. I mean, it's not like it slowed me down or anything.

There is your answer: As you don't think yourself lame, in your dreams, you aren't! Now, I must leave: I bid you all good day and good dreams.

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-19, 12:21 AM
Spark stands up. Well gals, and Gear, I will see you in a few moments. Thank you Princess Luna, for helping my friend. Spark expects to wake up first given how he is always been a early risers.

Emperor Ing
2014-09-19, 01:38 AM
Thanks for your help, and for helping our friend, your highness! Adepha says to Luna as she waits for...whatever it is that transports her back to the waking world.

DigoDragon
2014-09-19, 07:16 AM
"Yes, thank you for your help, your majesty!" Sabina added. "Phew, I am ready to wake up and have some breakfast. I hope we feel rested despite all this running around we did. Keeping you all out of trouble is a lot of work." The filly giggled.

Rater202
2014-09-19, 08:51 AM
The princess departs, and the empire begins to fade around you, eventually going fully dark.

what feels like a minute later, you begin to here the sound of birds chirping in the early morning.

getting up, you notice that Sapphire is still asleep and so is Gear

Gear looks... It looks like he had been tossing and turning, and very clearly broke into a sweat at somepoint, but he looks to be sleeping peacefully now.

DigoDragon
2014-09-19, 09:20 AM
Sabina yawned and stretched. She sat up carefully and was glad to be awake again. Well, she thought to let Gear sleep; the colt deserved some good rest for a change. The filly sat there and brushed her coat and mane as she listened to the birds chirp.

Emperor Ing
2014-09-19, 10:28 AM
Adepha rose, Stretching her legs as she tried to rub the sleepiness out of her eyes. Steadily crawling out of her sleeping bag, she was greeted with the sounds of nature as the memories from the dream world came to the nymph. Eeehhh...what, what happened last night? She asked noling in particular.

DigoDragon
2014-09-19, 10:32 AM
"Adventure. Pretty sure an adventure happened," Sabina said softly with a grin. She finished brushing her hair and stood up. "Full of interesting sights and some... interesting background into Gear's memories."

Rater202
2014-09-19, 10:49 AM
About this time, the colt in question awakens.

Gear, somwhat awkwardly, climbs out of his sleeping bag and sits down atop it.

After yawning and wiping the sleep out of his eyes, he turns to you.

Guys? I just had the weirdest dream. It started out like one of my nightmares, but you guys were there, and you saved me, and then Spark and Adepha beat Sombra to death, and Sabina, when did that happen?

Gear is pointing the hoof of his good leg at the Earth Filly's flank.(describe at will)

Emperor Ing
2014-09-19, 11:12 AM
Yeah, um, Gear? We were there. Like...really there. In your nightmare, I mean. Adepha replies to Gear as her attention is slowly turned to Sabina's no longer blank flanks.

Whoa.

DigoDragon
2014-09-19, 11:12 AM
"When did what happen?" Sabina asked. She looked over at what Gear was pointing to. At first she was a bit confused. There was an image of a shield there, with a little heart in the center and wings made of a pair of musical notes. The filly poked it to ensure it was actually there.

"But, we were in a dream. I was protecting Gear 'cause that's what a good friend would do and helping everyone and, and... and there's more to protecting your friends than... just getting in harms way, isn't there? I... yeah... that's..." Clearly Sabina ran out of words. Her eyes began to fill with tears. Tears of joy.

Rater202
2014-09-19, 11:28 AM
What, that actually happened?

Gear get's a sudden look of realization, as though putting two and two together and sort of limps over to Sabina, giving her an awkward one legged hug.

DigoDragon
2014-09-19, 11:33 AM
Sabina hugs Gear hard, crying happily into his shoulder at this momentous event. Helping her friends, giving Gear courage, getting her cutie mark... If she were a crystal pony, her sparkles would be shining like the morning sun.

Emperor Ing
2014-09-19, 11:41 AM
omigosh Sabina got her cutie mark, Sabina got her cutie mark, Sabina got her cutie mark!! The excited nymph bounced over to her Earth Pony friend, joining Gear in the hug.

DigoDragon
2014-09-19, 12:11 PM
"I'm... so happy..." Sabina squeaks in between breaths. She finally calms down enough to stop crying, but the grin on her face remained steadfast like steel. "I should ask dad... maybe I could get a cute-ceañera party. Maybe even make it pirate themed?"

Rater202
2014-09-19, 02:25 PM
Shortly later, Sapphire awakens, and after a hearty breakfast and explaining what the hay just happened, you proceed with a second day of camping.
Assuming that certain questions were asked, here are the answers

After describing the place where the Minotaurs were seen, Gear will conclude that it was in a portion of his subconscious represnting his hopes and fhappy thoughts-The Minotaurs clearly being his enjoyment of the bellet he saw in canterlot mixed with his desire to acquire minotouran made tools.

If asked about the two paintings-the one of him with lots of money and the one with all of you iwith money, Gear will respond that he had thought, for a time, that money would make him happy, as he'd be able to take care of a lot of problems. But then, after his inventions started selling and he actually became wealthy(Hay, he's mildly rich, surprise) he realized that being able to do all of that meant nothing, and now would rather be rich with his frineds than be rich alone.

If someling-Spark and/or Adepha most likely, continue to ask about the nameless colt, Gear will, embarrassed but not as much so as in his dream, comment that it was somepony he saw once, in Canterlot, and had a brief crush on. He then comments that he doesn't know why he was attracted to the colt, beyond a sudden "hey, he's cute" thing, but that hes never had that thought that way about a filly, but that he doesn't know if he may be in the future or not.(Read, his player still hasn't decided if he plays exclusively for that team or if he bats for both) He then would make several comments to the effect of being incredibly embarrassed about having had a crush, no matter how brief, on a total stranger.

Later in the day, you play a few Camping Games, tell stories, and other camping things, but all to fast the day ends, and on Monday morning you trek back to town

♪ My Little Pony... ♪

Adepha
Emperor Ing
Diamond Gear
Rater202
Spark
Cavalieredraghi
Sabina
Digo Dragon
Subtle
Humble Master
Sapphire Record
Every good TV dad ever
Memory of Quartz Sprocket
A young, old timey version of Doctor Emit Brown
Ballet Minotuar(s)
Iron will needed the bits really bad
Namelss Colt
A 13 year old walk on who dosn't know Gear's relation to the character
Princess Luna:
Herself
Dream Gears
Real Gear
Kinder-Gear
Rater202 trying really hard to imitate what he thinks he sounded like when he was five
Slender Mane
Robert Englund
Nightmare Sombra
The Same hologram tech they used to "resurrect" the "Late" Tupac Shakur
Assorted Extra's
Rater202's army of zombies and some really good illusion spells

My Little Pony: Slice of Life is magic was filmed infront of an audience of the living dead.

♪ ...Frieeeeends... ♪
It was on Monday afternoon, while you were all at home, cooling down from the trip, when Gear walked ino his father's study

Father? do you blame me?

Blame you for what?

For what happened-when we were trying to escape. With Uncle Sprocket.

Where is this coming from?

I don't know, just, please, tell me

Did you Sneeze on purpose?

No

did you know we'd get captured when you tunred back

N-no

Then why would blame you?

I don't know.

Saphire stood up from his desk and walked over to Gear.

Gear

Gear looked up, this was the first time one of his parents called him by his preferred name

I love you. Your mother loves you, your aunt love you, and I know my brother loved you. a single accident will never change that

Gear suddenly looked incredibly relived.

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-19, 10:06 PM
Mini-sode 2: Welcome to Middle school.

The first day of 6th grade finally rolls around. All ponies and changlings rise from there summer of torpor. As you prepare for school, you are escorted to school by your family. While you have come down to the hive many a time before, this trip feels different. Today you feel a slight anxiety as you descend down. Not only was it a new school but new faces, and would you be in the same class as your other friends?

You all hope for the best, but as you all finally reach the hive a small feeling of calm washes over you. Though the anxiety comes back as you pass the library, and see your new school. As you bend around the corner you see a fairly old pony looking brick building. The two story building was once the old high school before they made a new one 2 years ago. You can see windows along the first and second floor in rows. The structure before you, has two entrances that you can see. Students and parents stand around the front main entrance, above this entrance is the word 'School', while a few line the side doorway.

As you look around the courtyard you see each other if you did not already catch each other on the trip down, along with recognizing Tenn, Ectato and their group. Tenn, Ectato wave to you, while Zircon, stand a loft. It would seem this is a time to mingle with friends, or meet new ones. As your family waves you goodbye and give you the traditional hugs and kisses. You all wonder over to Tenn, and the others, you all feel slightly embarrassed by such public displays of affection, but Tenn shrugs it off, as he greets you all.

“Hey guys how was your Summer aside from being made local heroes? “

DigoDragon
2014-09-19, 10:15 PM
Sabina trotted over happily to her friends. Her reddish mane was getting long, but she let it down regardless. Same with her tail, although she seemed to have gotten used to wrapping a pink bow at the base. The filly waved off Tenn's remark. "Heroes? Nahhh," Sabina dismissed. "I got into a ton of trouble like you wouldn't believe. But it was all worth it cause at the end of summer, I finally got me one of these!" She turned to show Tenn her new cutie mark.

Rater202
2014-09-19, 10:43 PM
Well, after the events that led to use being named heroes, I had my gun-powder privileges suspended indefinitely-only a few days after being granted to them*grumbles about still not having them back*, for almost dying again, And then a little over a week ago we all*gestures to other* went on a camping trip with my Father.

So Tenn, how was your summer?

Emperor Ing
2014-09-20, 01:27 AM
Adepha is accompanied by Aeslia. In different times, the idea of a royal caste mingling amongst common drones let alone ponies would have been considered heresy, yet it was exactly the common drone nymph Adepha's expertise of the local area and culture that Aeslia relied on.

Between you and me... She confided in the assembled mass. I actually think me and Aeslia might actually ace History class.

DigoDragon
2014-09-20, 08:00 AM
"Good, then that's two friends I can wrangle into being my study-buddy. I simply cannot remember dates."

Rater202
2014-09-20, 08:28 AM
"Good, then that's two friends I can wrangle into being my study-buddy. I simply cannot remember dates."

Gear begins to feel sorry for whatever colt or filly Sabina ends up dateing

Humble Master
2014-09-20, 01:30 PM
Subtle came wearing her now usual mark-concealing skirt. Every since that fateful snow day Subtle had been trying to convince herself that it wasn't the huge deal which she made it out to be. Her devotion to respecting other's secrecy had after all helped Xanthe to hoodwink them and it had conflicted directly with helping Gear from his fears and doubts. Perhaps this new school, this new world she was entering, might facilitate her throwing off her disguise. Perhaps...

Subtle turned to Aeslia"Yah, just from talking with you about Changling culture it seems you know tons about that kind of stuff."

DigoDragon
2014-09-20, 03:39 PM
"I wonder what new students we'll see this year?" Sabina asked aloud. "Might be a few... I think a couple changlings among them. Probably could form a full study group."

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-20, 08:51 PM
Tenn, looks at Sabina's Cutie Mark, and is very impressed. Wow! That is amazing Sabina. When did you get it?

Zircon interrupted trying to brag. I got to visit Manehattan. maybe not as amazing as being made a hero, but still pretty cool. Zircon smirks, while Ectato shifted slightly staying quiet as all ways. Tenn filled the gap.

Ya after the Peace talk my family and I visit Hoofaii. I tried my hoof at surfing, it was a blast.

Aeslia, stood proudly next to Adepha, Ya Sis, got me all caught up on, the history i slept through. but when Subtle made he comment, Aeslia's pride turns to a slight embarrassment, I am always willing to help a friend, i am surprised you remember all that stuff. Where is Spark?

Emperor Ing
2014-09-20, 09:05 PM
Adepha frowns, her head looking in every direction. Uh, where IS Spark?

Rater202
2014-09-20, 09:36 PM
Gear is really hoping Sabina doesn't tell Tenn the whole story in public where anyone can here.

I haven't seen Spark since the Camping trip

DigoDragon
2014-09-20, 10:27 PM
"I got my cutie mark on a recent camping trip," Sabina said to Tenn. "My special talent is defending the heart of my friends. I never tried surfing though, but then I don't think dad could afford taking us out to Hoofaii... or manehatten, that's a cool place. I don't travel much now that I think about it." She mentally pats herself on the back as she looked around.

"Spark, late for class? Isn't there some kind of law against him showing up later than me?"

Emperor Ing
2014-09-20, 10:52 PM
No no no, Sabina. The law says I'm not supposed to show up later than you.

DigoDragon
2014-09-20, 10:59 PM
"Heh, someday," Sabina remarked, "I'll win a race."

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-21, 12:26 AM
As you all talk about your summers, a slow growing silents falls over the court yard. After Sabina's promise, Zircon mentions, "Isn't that the Queen? Who is that with her? "

Heading towards the school was indeed Arlia, and of course she had a couple guards with her, whom you don't recognize. however beside her was a nymph you did not recognize, who had a very odd coloration. his gold Chitin is one definitely out of place. the youngling seems to be having a hard time walking as he stumbles a lot, but he falls on his face when he tries to hug Arlia goodbye.

Ectato tilts his head in confusion, while Tenn seems to speak his words out loud. Who is that Changling? I would have remembered seeing him before.

The nymph seems to carefully walk toward you as it makes his way from Arlia. you can see his mane now it is a silver slicked back spikes with a silver tail, while his eyes don't have lens on them.

Rater202
2014-09-21, 12:31 AM
...Color's wrong, stumbling, traveling with Queen Arlia...

Dear Princess Celestia, please tell me Spark didn't...

Emperor Ing
2014-09-21, 01:38 AM
Baffled at just what she was witnessing, Adepha could not put her thoughts into words.

Wat?

Though sometimes her mouth ran without any consent from her brain, even if the two would have been in consensus at the statement. Okay, what? When did Spark get a glorious golden brother? And....click.

What?!

DigoDragon
2014-09-21, 07:33 AM
Sabina looked at her friend Adepha abusing the word 'what' suddenly. "You two keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." She trotted forward to be the first to greet the new arrival.

"Good morning! And what is your name? I just want to welcome you to our friendly circle!"

Humble Master
2014-09-21, 08:15 AM
Subtle looked the odd golden Changling up and down. Her mind scrambled trying to find something that made sense. If it was truly Spark what could have turned him into a Changling? She had read in passing of something called a Transformative Cocoon but... Well, the best way to find out was to ask. Subtle trotted up and gave the mystery ling a smile "Hi! I'm Subtle. Say, you remind me of one of our other friends; Spark."

DigoDragon
2014-09-21, 08:26 AM
"Yeah, you totally do!" Sabina said with a giggle of joy. "I'm Sabina. I must say, I've never seen such a colorful chitin before. You look radiant!"

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-21, 10:37 AM
Tenn follows Sabina, who is followed by Ectato and Zircon. While Aeslia stays behind with Adepha. Her expression is that of pure confusion.
Nice to meet you, so why were you traveling with the Queen? Tenn asks with Sabina.
What is it Adepha? I thought you said Spark's brothers were dragons?

The golden Changling finally meets up with Tenn and Sabina, Subtle and the others. He head is down as if he is ashamed or embarrassed. I am Spark. The nymph whispers.

Rater202
2014-09-21, 10:52 AM
Um... This isn't permanent, is it?

Emperor Ing
2014-09-21, 11:36 AM
Hold on, I think that IS Spark! Adepha corrects her sister, walking up to the former dragon.

Spark, what happened? When did you learn how to changling?

DigoDragon
2014-09-21, 11:47 AM
I am Spark.

"REALLY?!" Sabina said in surprise. After a couple seconds to absorb this twist, she chuckled and noogied Spark on the head. "Aww, you look awesome! Guess all that time living in the hive finally rubbed off, huh?"

Rater202
2014-09-21, 11:52 AM
"REALLY?!" Sabina said in surprise. After a couple seconds to absorb this twist, she chuckled and noogied Spark on the head. "Aww, you look awesome! Guess all that time living in the hive finally rubbed off, huh?"

Sabina, somepony spontaneously changing species is not a good thing.

DigoDragon
2014-09-21, 12:02 PM
Sabina, somepony spontaneously changing species is not a good thing.

"Now why would you... oh, right. Unicorn," Sabina corrected. "Okay, be that as it may, Spark is a changling species, so couldn't he just change back whenever he wanted?"

Rater202
2014-09-21, 12:55 PM
"Now why would you... oh, right. Unicorn," Sabina corrected. "Okay, be that as it may, Spark is a changling species, so couldn't he just change back whenever he wanted?"

...If he really is a changeling now, then that means he isn't a dragon.

Do you know how long Dragon's live? If he's a changeling, he'll have lost hundreds, even thousands of years off of his life.

Do you know how serious that is?

Humble Master
2014-09-21, 12:57 PM
"Spark, I have so many questions!" Subtle said softly as she gawked at the dragon turned Changling. "How did this happen? Did you use a Transformative Cocoon or something? Why did you..." Subtle suddenly realized that Spark might not have had a say in the matter "Did, did someling do this to you?"

DigoDragon
2014-09-21, 01:05 PM
Do you know how serious that is?

"No, actually I don't," Sabina said honestly. "Is it really that bad that he won't live as long as his siblings? I mean... you know how well they get along with him."

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-21, 01:08 PM
Tenn and the others look just as shocked as you all. They do not speak however given you have asked all the questions they would have. Aeslia and Adepha and Ectato can feel however that despite Spark looking down and out, he was actually giving off pure joy at what he was.

I think a still Dragon. I don't know what happened, i woke up like this. I don't know how to change back, or anything. Walking on all fours is very weird, i can't even fly anymore, my wings can't lift me like they once could. When Sabina noogied Spark, he could not hold himself up anymore, as he buckled into her. WOO!
Laying ontop of Sabina, Spark tries to scramble to get up having a tough time at it. Mom, says Monah did this all the time before. Monah could change into a Golden Mare pony, but that was it.

Rater202
2014-09-21, 01:11 PM
"No, actually I don't," Sabina said honestly. "Is it really that bad that he won't live as long as his siblings? I mean... you know how well they get along with him."

Gear opens his mouth to respond, perhaps with the fact that if Ponies live on average 100 years, and dragons can live for thousands, then proportionally if Spark has truly become a changeling he be doing the dragon equivalent of a newborn dying in their bassinet, but he closes his mouth, for fear of upsetting Spark.

Humble Master
2014-09-21, 01:16 PM
Subtle thought for a moment "If your mother could turn into a pony maybe you can turn into a Changling? If so, it shouldn't be permanent right?"

DigoDragon
2014-09-21, 01:21 PM
Sabina let's Spark lean on her for support to keep him upright. She continues conversing with Gear. "Well, maybe we both shouldn't jump to conclusions. It's possible Spark could still live as long as a dragon or maybe only as long as we do. Let's focus on helping him control the transformation so he can change back to his scaly self. If not, I get to play crutch for the first day of school and that would be a bit awkward if Spark or I have to pee."

Emperor Ing
2014-09-21, 01:29 PM
Maybe...maybe sometime during Recess or something, I can help you, well, walk. Adepha offers, unfortunately not knowing the first thing about teaching someling how to do anything.

What's it like...hmm, have you ever tried crawling on all fours in your normal form?

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-21, 02:42 PM
Spark pushes off Sabina, so she does not have to support him. Once or twice, but it feels different still with these legs. Don't worry i will get the hang of it. And if i am a Changling now, i don't mind the shorter life if it means i can be with you guys. Oh so what is everylings class going to be? Spark looks up as he tries to change the topic. you all remember who your home room teacher is, she is fairly new from what you hear around town as a teacher, Ms. Green.

I got a Mr. Tails. Tenn mentions.

Hey that is who i got to!

Me too. even Ectato seems to chirp in about his classroom teacher.

Emperor Ing
2014-09-21, 02:44 PM
I got someling named Ms. Green.

I have no idea what "homeroom" means though.

DigoDragon
2014-09-21, 02:50 PM
"Ms Green as well for me," Sabina said, a bit disappointed the two groups are getting split. "Home room is like... home base in baseball. You start there in the morning and then shuffle off to the less fun stuff. That's how my dad explained it. Mom didn't go to Equestrian schools."

Rater202
2014-09-21, 03:06 PM
I have no idea, but I'm hoping Sabina's right.

I mean, I've got no Idea how school works in general, we used the apprentice system a thousand years ago.

I've got Green as well.

Humble Master
2014-09-21, 05:20 PM
Subtle looked at her schedule "Um, homeroom: Ms. Green. Well, that's fortunate we're all in the same class. I wonder what she'll be like." Subtle further examined her schedule "Hmm, some Mr. Wenz is teaching my Changling History elective. That's an odd name."

Emperor Ing
2014-09-21, 05:21 PM
It's probably a Changling name. Adepha remarks.

...maybe.

DigoDragon
2014-09-21, 06:21 PM
Sabina groaned at she looked down her schedule. "I have Mrs. Integra for math?! That's crazy my dad had her for math! She's... evil," the filly ranted. She humph'd and glanced around. "The universe is out to get me."

Rater202
2014-09-21, 06:46 PM
Sabina groaned at she looked down her schedule. "I have Mrs. Integra for math?! That's crazy my dad had her for math! She's... evil," the filly ranted. She humph'd and glanced around. "The universe is out to get me."

Don't worry Sabina, I have her too. I can help you there. Now, repeat after me: The length of the Hypotenuse, C, of a right triangle is the square root of o the sums of one side, A to the second power and the third side B to the second power, or to simplify "if A2+B2=C2, then C is the length of the hypotenuse."If we assume that 10 represents total mastery of a Skill, and the fact that Physics boils down to highly advanced mathematics, then Gear's 4 in math and 4 in physics should be enough to justify Gear knowing something like that.

If you think I'm wrong, you can point it out and if most of you think so I'll edit the post.

DigoDragon
2014-09-21, 07:01 PM
Now, repeat after me

Sabina gave Gear a very blank stare (http://iambrony.dget.cc/mlp/gif/489124__safe_pinkie+pie_animated_tree_too+many+pin kie+pies_explosion_clock_atomic+rainboom_mushroom+ cloud_sonic+rainnuke.gif). The kind of stare close to what you'd give your friend if he were growing a second head while speaking to you in Morse Code. Several seconds later she finally just nodded. "Right... um, I'll work on that."

Emperor Ing
2014-09-21, 07:02 PM
Despite having eyes covered in monochromatic eye-lenses, her eyes somehow manage to glaze over at what Gear is talking about.

Maybe she's...not so evil anymore...? Adepha offers, hoping to calm her Earth Pony friend down.

Lessee, I have...Mr. Silver for Language Arts, anyling else have Mrs. Atlas for art?

Rater202
2014-09-21, 07:57 PM
I think I've got her.

A Mr. Legend for Equestrian History?

DigoDragon
2014-09-21, 08:15 PM
"Well, hopefully we'll be able to at least enjoy lunch together," Sabina said to Tenn and his group. "You can hep Spark get his pony legs on... well, they are already on, but... you know what i mean."

Humble Master
2014-09-21, 08:40 PM
"Yah, lunch will have to be something to look forward to. Especially since we don't have recess anymore." Subtle pointed out.

Emperor Ing
2014-09-21, 08:50 PM
Adepha gawks at Subtle's statement, a profound look of disappointment across her face. ...what?!

Humble Master
2014-09-21, 09:01 PM
Subtle subconsciously readied herself should Adepha pounce on her. She sheepishly answered her mortified friend "I checked the schedule, we don't have a recess."

Emperor Ing
2014-09-21, 09:26 PM
Adepha falls on her haunches, devastated at the news. Why would someling do this? Who would be so cruel as to destroy such a wonderful thing as recess?!

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-21, 09:30 PM
Subtle looked at her schedule "Um, homeroom: Ms. Green. Well, that's fortunate we're all in the same class. I wonder what she'll be like." Subtle further examined her schedule "Hmm, some Mr. Wenz is teaching my Changling History elective. That's an odd name."
I have Ms. Green as well for homeroom, and i also have Mr. Wenz for Changling history as well. This is going to be great. Spark beams as his wings begin to buzz.

"Well, hopefully we'll be able to at least enjoy lunch together," Sabina said to Tenn and his group. "You can hep Spark get his pony legs on... well, they are already on, but... you know what i mean."
Of course, I remember how he was willing to help me during the Pegasus thing.

Adepha gawks at Subtle's statement, a profound look of disappointment across her face. ...what?!

Subtle subconsciously readied herself should Adepha pounce on her. She sheepishly answered her mortified friend "I checked the schedule, we don't have a recess."
What did you expect for us to keep recess, come on now. Zircon being his usual cocky self, Aeslia defended her sister. You leave my sister alone!
Tenn step inbetween them bothBe Nice Zir. Now i say we should start looking for our class rooms so we are not late. are you all with me

you have a couple choices here you can go with Tenn, if you do you can try to just find your class rooms, or you can try to find the office and hope they may have a map, as just a few choices there.
Or
you can stay out side and wait on the bell,maybe mingle with other students or help Spark with his pony legs.

Rater202
2014-09-21, 09:35 PM
Um, I think the best thing to do would be to check the office and see if they have a map?

DigoDragon
2014-09-21, 09:40 PM
"I'd rather just wander a bit, get an idea of how this place is laid out," Sabina said, "But finding the office is fine. I'm sure I'll be there plenty of times." She seemed completely casual about that latter statement.

Emperor Ing
2014-09-21, 09:54 PM
We'll probably want to find a map. There'll be a lot of wandering around, i'm sure.

But we'll want to find our homerooms if we don't want to be late. Spark, why don't you come walk with us? It'll help you get used to your changling legs.

Humble Master
2014-09-21, 10:04 PM
"Now Sabina, don't go proving yourself a pirate on the first day of school." Subtle joked. "Anyways I always prefer a plan. Let's go get a map and then go find our homeroom."

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-21, 10:28 PM
Umm Spark seemed nervous about moving, he was doing so well standing after all.
Come on Sparky, if you are going to be Changling you should learn how to walk like one. Aeslia teases Spark. He then looks to Adepha, and concedes.

Alright.

Alright, the office is this way! Tenn leads everyone to where the main office was. after a wobbly start and a little help from Adepha and Sabina, Spark makes it up the front steps. You pass through the main entrance, and to your left you see the door that leads to the office. down the hall are glass windows showing a pretty impressive little Library. You are not the only ones in the office getting a map as you also See Violet and Waning Crescent in there as well.

Tenn!
Tenn!

Both say in unison. and after the usual meet and greets, they tag along with you in search of the different class rooms. They also seemed to have grabbed a hoof full of maps so you all don't have to fight the crowd to them.

Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KUPWUcSV0nvN24WlIB-6ekNMsz95_9PozsbGpvUzqGc/edit?usp=sharing)

you all seem to notice your home rooms are on the basement floor level.

DigoDragon
2014-09-22, 07:04 AM
"Basement level eh?" Sabina mused, "Yeah, that's going to get really cold come winter. Well at least it doesn't look too complicated now. Lets go!"

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-22, 10:06 AM
as you make your way, your newest challenge arrives, The Stairs!!!! Spark is going to need all of your help to make it down, or he will fall. While you all try to help him Down Tenn, Aeslia, Ectato, and the others head down first to catch him in case he falls.

roll an appropriate skill aid check to see if Spark makes it down safely.
if all your rolls together are below DC 30 you fail and Spark falls.

DigoDragon
2014-09-22, 10:23 AM
Sabina held firm to one of Spark's shoulders to hold him steady as he descends.

QWOP
Weightlifting: [roll0]+10 = 23 (crit)

Emperor Ing
2014-09-22, 10:32 AM
Adepha positions herself, hovering just above Spark with forelegs wrapped under Spark's new barrel to help lift him if he loses his hoofing.

Flying
[roll0] 21

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-22, 11:44 AM
you notice that to the left hoof side of the stairs are a pair of elevator doors, you could have used them to help Spark down.
Sabina and Adepha lift Spark and guide him down the stairs it is slow going and takes about twice as much time as it normally would, but you all are safe on the basement floor.Thank you girls.I am trying to learn how to use these things.

Spark puts a hoof around Sabina followed by Adepha as he hugs the two. just like up stairs you see a main hallway and your classroom is the first one on your left. by the time you all enter, the first of the bells ring, telling you it was time to get to class. immediately to your left as you enter you see a mare pony. her coat is a tan color while her mane is smooth and green, her cutie mark is that of a red dragon breathing green flame.
Ah welcome, a little early I ssee. The tan mare who you assume is Ms. Green smiles at you warmly. As you are greeted by Ms. Green Tenn and the others say there good byes and reaffirm their promise to meet up at lunch.
Well take a sseat, I do not have a chart sset up for now. Her accent and there but not strong, it is reminiscence of something, but you don't remember what. She seems to stair at Spark while he tries to find his seat.

Excuse me, but are you in the right room. I don't remember having a Golden Changling on my roster?
here accent is similar to Spark's when you first met him, though no were near as strong.

DigoDragon
2014-09-22, 12:01 PM
"He's moonlighting as as changling," Sabina explained. "Normally he's a little golden dragon. Long story."

Sabina begins the annual ritual of finding the perfect seat. Not too far forward to get picked on by the teacher, but not too far back to get the ire of the usual class flunkies, though the center is too focal so perhaps a bit to the left side since it'll mean closer to the door, but not too left because then everyone entering can see her if she had a bad mane day. With just the right mental calculations, Sabina finds a good seat. Phew... one classroom down...

Rater202
2014-09-22, 01:16 PM
We have no idea what happened, buton the otherhoof this is nowhere near the strangest thing that's happened to one of us.

Gear takes a seat near his friends

DigoDragon
2014-09-22, 01:37 PM
"Weirdness does seem to have a habit of hanging out with us," Sabina said to Gear.

Humble Master
2014-09-22, 05:14 PM
"Or perhaps we seek it out?" Subtle responds to Sabina. She noticed Mrs. Green's odd accent and tried to remember if she had heard it before.

Memorization:[roll0]+4=9

Emperor Ing
2014-09-22, 05:44 PM
Hopefully he'll only be a golden changling for today. Adepha suggests. Sorry Mrs. Green, noling knows what happened.

DigoDragon
2014-09-22, 05:55 PM
"Pretty sure it's not contagiously permanent," Sabina added, "Which is too bad, cause he looks quite spiffy as a quad."

Rater202
2014-09-22, 08:00 PM
"Or perhaps we seek it out?" Subtle responds to Sabina. She noticed Mrs. Green's odd accent and tried to remember if she had heard it before.

Memorization:[roll0]+4=9

Nah, I'm pretty sure it's an even mix of it seeking us, like Xanthe or The Monsters who lie and say they're Spark's family, and us just happening to be there, like the Diamond Dogs and the crazy voodoo lady at the Carnival.

DigoDragon
2014-09-22, 08:23 PM
and the crazy voodoo lady at the Carnival.

"Cera," Sabina corrects absentmindedly.

Rater202
2014-09-22, 09:08 PM
"Cera," Sabina corrects absentmindedly.

She tried to hurt one of my best frineds and one of my other friends.

she doesn't get to have a name, she's crazy voodoo lady.

DigoDragon
2014-09-22, 09:26 PM
she doesn't get to have a name, she's crazy voodoo lady.

Sabina shut her eyes for a moment and touched the spot on her head where a horn would be if she were a unicorn. She then looked over at Gear and nodded. "Okay, you're right," she said without argument. She put on a little smile to show she wasn't mad or anything.

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-23, 12:36 AM
Oh you are Spark, noted. Ms. Green seems to to return to some of her papers while you all talk, as she waits for more students to come in.
Ms. Green secretly keeps watching Spark as if she is finding him a mystery or a curiosity as if she wants to study him.

Spark take the seat behind you all, and if he was in his dragon body his cheek topaz's would be turning to blood rubies. stop... I will figure out how to change back....
you get the sense Spark knows more about changing back then he is letting on.
Gear, they are my family, and Cera even as a crazy voodoo lady, they do not deserve to be de-pony/dragon-nized. Spark soon stops talking as some nymphs, fillies and colts start coming in. as the other kids file in, two seem to take on notice like Spark does as the only golden changling. The first of these two that come in is a rather large colt if he can be called that. The young colt looks more like a miniature buffalo. he seems to be covered in a thin layer of dirt and as such you are not sure if brown is his natural coat and mane or not.
Following the buffalo, is a nymph whose coloration is not that of Olith, but of another hive. What draws attention to him however is the cat that lays on his back while he walks. when he takes a seat on the far side of the classroom,he cat seems to curl up in between his legs. Ms. Green seems about to make a comment on this, allows the feline to stay as she is not sure what is the proper course of action here to take.

In no time however The class actually begins. Ms Green quiets the class, and starts to write strange symbols on the black board. Spark and Aeslia laugh after Ms. Green finishes.

If none of you have guessed for the year I will be teaching you Changlic. A recent change was made So this class is mandatory. It would seem two of you already know Changlic, as such I expect your help in teaching your peers.
Following this much of your day for your classes is introducing yourselves to the class, obtaining books you will need, gaining your schedules, and first homework assignments. soon you find it to be lunch time, as you meet Tenn and the others near the gymnasium.

DigoDragon
2014-09-23, 07:14 AM
Obs-Obs
vs. DC 20: 14
vs. DC 15: Moo7

Sabina skipped happily to the gym, where she greeted Tenn and his crew with a smile. "So, how's the first half of the first day?" she asked. The filly took a moment to mentally check her math on what she just asked. "I can't believe I have to learn changlic now. I'm still trying to learn conjugation in zebra. All these foreign words are going to have me babbling by winter break, ugh!"

Emperor Ing
2014-09-23, 08:54 AM
It's so wierd! Adepha adds her complaints to Sabina's. I mean, I was probably going to learn Changlic eventually anyways, but...why did it have to become mandatory? Why can't we just choose it or something?

Rater202
2014-09-23, 08:55 AM
Obs-Obs

Sabina skipped happily to the gym, where she greeted Tenn and his crew with a smile. "So, how's the first half of the first day?" she asked. The filly took a moment to mentally check her math on what she just asked. "I can't believe I have to learn changlic now. I'm still trying to learn conjugation in zebra. All these foreign words are going to have me babbling by winter break, ugh!"

Don't worry, speaking more than one Language is a useful skill to have, or at least that's what father says, and it's not like you won't have help learning them.

Gear ponders for a moment

...I wonder if Father would like to learn Changelic? I mean, it's not exactly an ancient language, but still

It's so wierd! Adepha adds her complaints to Sabina's. I mean, I was probably going to learn Changlic eventually anyways, but...why did it have to become mandatory? Why can't we just choose it or something?

Perhaps a stuffy old conservative was upset that fewer and fewer Nymphs were growing up Speaking Olithian Changelic as a first language and somepony suggested making Mandatory as a compromise to prevent them from trying to distabalize the hive and t's friendship with Vanhoover over something so trivial?

DigoDragon
2014-09-23, 11:32 AM
Perhaps a stuffy old conservative was upset that fewer and fewer Nymphs were growing up Speaking Olithian Changelic as a first language and somepony suggested making Mandatory as a compromise to prevent them from trying to distabalize the hive and t's friendship with Vanhoover over something so trivial?

"Heh that does sound like the most likely answer," Sabina agreed. She glanced at Ectato deliberately. "Do you know changlic? Please say yes, cause I want to be your best friend if you do. Hee hee." She was kidding, but Sabina was one to gladly seek out study help when she needed it. And not being as bright as most of her friends... well she needed it.

Emperor Ing
2014-09-23, 11:36 AM
Sabina, both Aeslia and Spark know Changlic if you need help. Adepha mutters to Sabina.

DigoDragon
2014-09-23, 12:21 PM
Sabina, both Aeslia and Spark know Changlic if you need help. Adepha mutters to Sabina.

"Just hedging my bets and getting a backup list together," Sabina wily responded.

Humble Master
2014-09-23, 04:20 PM
"Would now be a bad time to say I'm exited about learning Changlic?" Subtle teased as she began copying down the runes Mrs. Green had inscribed upon the board. She did suspect Spark was holding back something and decided to probe a little further. She probably wouldn't have done this a year ago but Xanthe had taught her one thing at least. "Well Spark, you can probably talk to your mom about it. I would bring up anything and everything you know about changing back."

Emperor Ing
2014-09-23, 04:26 PM
"Would now be a bad time to say I'm exited about learning Changlic?

Yeah, but...you and me? We would've chosen anyways to take Changlic. Why would, say, Tenn need to take it if everyling he'd ever talk to in running a bank speak Equestrian?

Rater202
2014-09-23, 04:35 PM
Yeah, but...you and me? We would've chosen anyways to take Changlic. Why would, say, Tenn need to take it if everyling he'd ever talk to in running a bank speak Equestrian?

Well, if the summit and the treaty are the start of a trend, then Changelings might start using Pony banks-I mean, a thousand years ago the Crystal Empire was separate country from Equestria, a Hooful of ponies from the noble and merchant classes had money in Equestria's bank, and Uncle Sprocket had his will in a safe deposit box at one of it's branches.

In any case, you can put me down as somepony who was probably going to take Changelic anyway.

DigoDragon
2014-09-23, 05:04 PM
Sabina didn't say anything, as she was thinking abut what kind of sport teams they had at this middle school.

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-23, 05:19 PM
Obs-Obs

Tenn looks up ans smiles at Sabina. My day has been pretty good, Wait what do you mean we need to learn Changlic. That language is so hard!

It's so wierd! Adepha adds her complaints to Sabina's. I mean, I was probably going to learn Changlic eventually anyways, but...why did it have to become mandatory? Why can't we just choose it or something?Umm Sis didn't Mom talk about going to Arlia about this mandatory Changlic thing?
you remember something along the those lines. you know she was actually supporting the mandatory class change.. She not only supported it but was spear heading and leading the charge for the curriculum change.

"Heh that does sound like the most likely answer," Sabina agreed. She glanced at Ectato deliberately. "Do you know changlic? Please say yes, cause I want to be your best friend if you do. Hee hee." She was kidding, but Sabina was one to gladly seek out study help when she needed it. And not being as bright as most of her friends... well she needed it.
Ectato shakes his head, while h puts a hoof on Tenn's back who is laying in the dirt slightly upset at having to learn Changlic.

Spark turns to Subtle and Adepha while he sits on his haunches. he looks more like a dog sitting then a pony at the moment. He looks down at his hooves and smiles for a second before looking at the two girls. Mom mentions how Monah changed, it involved her emotional state as much as her force of will. But i am half changling so i thing it also involves some self control on my part as well. But me being a Changling is that such a bad thing? I mean now i am not a Monster.

Rater202
2014-09-23, 06:28 PM
Spark, you weren't a monster in the first place and I won't stand for you calling yourself one.

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-23, 06:39 PM
But Gear, I am not a monster now, I am a Changling. And how can you call me not a monster when you call me brothers and sister that?

Rater202
2014-09-23, 06:41 PM
But Gear, I am not a monster now, I am a Changling. And how can you call me not a monster when you call me brothers and sister that?

a monster loves only itself. Something that hurts it's family like that, hurts someone it's supposed to live, can only be called a monster.

They're monsters. You weren't and never were.

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-23, 06:48 PM
But when i came to this town i nearly burnt Tenn, and Citrus, and Dysante. I did not care about anyling, I was a monster. Spark looks at Gear and moves to sit next to him. leaning on his friend gently.
Tenn Flinches as he remember Spark back on that first day of school one year ago. he does not say anything, but he does agree with Gear.
I was a monster, now i am not. Which reminds me. Can one of you teach me to be a Changling? Spark looks to Adepha, Ectato, and Aeslia. Ectato and Aeslia look to each other and Adepha, mentally trying to decide who will say yes.

Rater202
2014-09-23, 06:57 PM
NO. You have friends, right? Pones you care about, and that care about you? A monster can never have that, because a monster can never love anything but themselves, and a being a monster has nothing to do with what you are.

The worst Monster I know was a pony.

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-23, 07:07 PM
I love you to Gear. Spark wraps his hooves around the Gear for a hug, but slips and falls on top of him instead.

or be tackled by Spark. :smalltongue: Gear is such a good friend.

Rater202
2014-09-23, 07:09 PM
Gear finds himself buried under draco-nymph, before helping himself and his friend up.

Balance:[roll0]+1 5
wieghtlifting to catch spark and help him up[roll1]+ 8

Emperor Ing
2014-09-23, 07:10 PM
Memorization
[roll0]

...wait. You don't think mom was serious do you? Adepha asked her sister, semi-rhetorically, but very concerned.

Meanwhile, Adepha turns to Spark. Spark we went over this. You're not a monster.

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-23, 07:42 PM
Aeslia shrugs. I don't know, maybe she was fighting it, but that does not sound like mom.

Spark's sudden falling on top of Gear. cause the two to be in a pile, but Gear gets up and helps Spark back to his "feet"
That is what i am saying. I am not a monster. Why are we fighting over agreeing?

Rater202
2014-09-23, 07:52 PM
Aeslia shrugs. I don't know, maybe she was fighting it, but that does not sound like mom.

Spark's sudden falling on top of Gear. cause the two to be in a pile, but Gear gets up and helps Spark back to his "feet"
That is what i am saying. I am not a monster. Why are we fighting over agreeing?

You kept calling yourself a monster. You were never a monster, otherwise we'd never have become friends.

DigoDragon
2014-09-23, 08:36 PM
While the argument over agreeing that none of them were monsters was going on, Sabina sat down with Tenn and Split some peanut butter crackers with him.

Emperor Ing
2014-09-23, 09:06 PM

Adepha shakes her head remarking, I HOPE it's not Mom. She then looks at Tenn and his friends. Did you hear about that? What do you all think of having to learn Changlic?

Humble Master
2014-09-23, 09:32 PM
All this repetition of the word monster was giving Subtle a headache. She looked up from her notes on Changlic and turned to Spark "Spark, I think what we are trying to say is you don't need to have the form of a Changling to not be a "monster". I mean, if you want to stay a Changling that's your choice but I still don't know how I feel about that. No pun intended, but it's a big change. We might start to miss the fiery golden dragon we all befriended."

Rater202
2014-09-23, 09:49 PM
"We might start to miss the fiery golden dragon we all befriended."

I'm already missing him.

Look Spark, do you honestly feel ... Natural, as a changeling? I mean, if you really feel normal, if you want to stay like this forever, that's your choice, but don't make a huge decision like this just because you don't want to be a monster. You're not a monster, and you never were.

If Spark really has become a Changeling, he can feel the concern radiating in Gear's aura.

not that it's not blatantly obvious in the way he's sparkling.

DigoDragon
2014-09-23, 09:55 PM
"Ah ooh ee oher hooph..." Sabina mumbled for a moment. She swallowed her food quickly and started over. "I on the other hoof, completely support whatever form you want to take Spark. In fact, I could even suggest a snugly earth pony body? We are definitely 110% snugly. And strong." She flexed her leg muscles a bit, then glanced at the scrawny Tenn.

"Well, we also have smarts and skills. Yeah. We sorta spread that wealth around among us." She hooked her forelegs around Tenn and Zircon in the cheesiest showmare smile ever.

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-23, 10:42 PM
Tenn was really enjoying sharing peanut butter snacks with Sabina, but when he was pulled into a hug, he was not only shocked but blushing. Thanks to Sabina narrow mindedness however he was able to hide it well. While Zircon was shall we say less then happy. Zircon was glaring at Sabina with a fiery passion. Could you stop hugging me now!? Tenn between Sabina's strangling hugs gasps. I....have not....yet.... taken the....Class!

Aeslia seems to glance back and forth between Adepha, Gear, Spark and the others. I don't know Spark seems happy as a Changling. Isn't that important?

Spark talks to Sabina first. I am still to young to change into anything but this. Spark with a sigh says. I am still the fiery golden dragon you know. I just am not sure exactly how to change back. Dragon magic is just as much our words as it is our desire. I desired to be something different, I wanted to change. Here i am. Yes i know i can change back but how i don't know. Why would i want to? I am still me. Watch!
Spark closes his eyes for a second as he concentrates. suddenly his classic small blade of flame appears around his horn. Then just as quickly it goes out.

I am still Spark. why would i want to go back to that hideous form. You Changlings and Ponies are so much better....

you get the sense that Spark is backing down. he may be on the right path to being changed back.

Rater202
2014-09-23, 11:00 PM
Gonna assume that Gear assumes he's getting further entrenched in his argument

Gear looks panicked, as though he thinks a friend is about to make a huge mistake.

Spark, have you thought about all what being a changeling instead of a dragon would mean? You're jewel encrusted hide is gone. doesn't that protect you from magic? You'll have to pick things up with you're mouth until you can learn telekinesis-if you can learn it, and trust me, there are things you don't want in your mouth. I mean, I'm making a fortune on that machine I built so non unicorns didn't need to change diapers for a reason, Spark.

And, and, and... You know that thing that we're not supposed to know about? That Adepha got really mad when she found out we knew about? the really embarrassing thing? Do you really want to find out first hoof what that's like?

Just, think everything through before you make such a huge decision. I mean, if it's dragon magic it's not like you can't change back into a changeling anyway. Just don't stop being who and what you are just because you think you're a monster. you're not a monster, and you never were.

Emperor Ing
2014-09-24, 01:00 AM
Listen to Gear, Spark. Adepha adds. There's nothing wrong with being a pony. There's nothing wrong with being a changling, either, and you tell me if you think there's anything wrong with being a dragon. You know who doesn't think there's anything wrong with being a dragon? Queen Arlia. In the five days she got to know you, she saw you as the amazing, well, dragon that you are. Kind, funny, smart, loyal as heck...I don't know about you, but I don't think Queen Arlia made a mistake in adopting you just because you were hatched the wrong species.

Also, yeah. What Gear said. She cringes slightly. The Changling Thing sucks. It really really sucks.

DigoDragon
2014-09-24, 07:17 AM
Could you stop hugging me now!?

Sabina jerked herself away from Zircon. "Ahh! Definitely!"

She put a couple more inches distance away from Zircon and watched her friends continue their conversation. She seemed amused. "I don't remember them being this passionate when I got a horn," Sabina whispered to Tenn. "Maybe if I said I was going to keep it they'd go berserk?" She was clearly joking about her friends and their strong friendship.

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-24, 12:44 PM
Spark looks at Adepha, but seems to be looking through her, as if he was staring off into space thinking about what you are saying to him. Spark's golden violet flame seems to start at his feet, and slowly starts to move up.

maybe they would have? hey look Spark is starting to change back. But before the transformation could happen the school bell rang. the flame stops and Spark stays a Changling. Spark gets up and makes his way to class. We can talk after school alright guys? were do you all want to meet up? Spark goes back inside well ahead of the rest of you.

You almost got him to change back. Ectato spoke shocking everyling. Spark is my friend too, and he does not need to feel bad for himself, and hide from what he is.

You head towards your next classes, though none of you see Spark. He must have a different class then any of you. You then shift to 6th period, all for you are starting to be weighted down by all your books. you see Spark as you pass through the halls, but have little time to stop, as you are still trying to figure out where your classes are. Finally 7th period rolls around, last class of the day.

This was for some the best class of the day, for others the worst those who had Mrs. Integra, which was all of you. Sabina leads the charge, on entering with Spark taking the tail. as you enter Integra seems to be reading a newspaper on her desk, which is right next to the door. A ruler lay next to the paper easily in Integra's reach. by the time Spark is about to enter, the ruler slams across the doorway.

You are in the wrong class sonny! move along or, it is to the Principal with you.

a low growl comes from Spark as he weights his options on what to do. it may be a good time to try and intervene before Spark does something he'd regret.

DigoDragon
2014-09-24, 12:58 PM
"Actually, ma'am," Sabina speaks up, "That's Spark. Normally he's a little dragon, but he's part changling, so he does that... err, changing thing."

Emperor Ing
2014-09-24, 01:11 PM
Yeah. Adepha adds. It looks like he's doing a...thing, where he's a glorious golden changling today. But yeah, if there's a Spark in this class, that's him.

DigoDragon
2014-09-24, 01:20 PM
"Sides that," Sabina continued, attempting to direct the teacher's attention to herself, "You'd probably want to keep you eyes on me. Sabina Blades, daughter of Dirk Blades? Dad mentioned he was a bit of a trouble maker in your class. You know what they say about apples falling from trees."

Rapport to take the heat off Spark~
[roll0]+8 = 11

(Add +2 if Sabina's special talent comes into play)

Humble Master
2014-09-24, 01:51 PM
Subtle was only half paying attention, having just come from her Changling history class. "I didn't know Changlings could grow beards at all, let alone one as big as Mr. Wenz's." she said to herself but upon seeing Spark's indecision refocused "Mrs. Integra I can vouch that this really is Spark as well. We're still trying to convince him to stay a Dragon."

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-24, 05:00 PM
I am Spark Mrs. Integra. He grumbles. Mrs. Integra eyes the Dragling curiously before, the ruler disappears from the door way. It soon hits the blackboard at a organized seating chart for the class.

Well then everyone take their seats. And you Ms. Blades are sitting near the front, so I can keep my eyes on you. As you all follow the seating chart, you notice it forces you all to sit as far from each other as possible. Clearly Mrs. Integra is adept at keeping her class under control. After being in the school system as long as you suspect she has been, she would have such control.

The class ran effectively, though it was boring. When ever one of your heads seem to drop, her ruler was there on your desk to wake you up. it felt like the longest hour of your life, as you waited, for this class to end. One thing about her teaching though was she promised to assign little to no homework so long as you all participated in class. Finally the Final bell rang.

Well, I will see you all tomorrow, remember, bring your books tomorrow, that you were assigned today, or you will be doing a 100 problem worksheet as homework! As you all leave she stopped Spark, and Sabina once more. You two, behaved well today, keep that kind of behavior for the rest of the year, and we won't have any problems understood. her last words were more a statement then a question, was it natural for a teacher to be that scary?

Well you all are waiting on the steps of the school building, for Aeslia, and the others to meet you. Spark clearly upset from Mrs. Integra's class.

Why do all my teacher's say i don't belong. this was an annoying day. Spark pouts as he finally sits like a pony/changling.

Rater202
2014-09-24, 05:47 PM
Because they're expecting a dragon, not a Changeling?

I don't like Mrs. Integra. I mean, how am I supposed to pay attention to that without getting bored? I'm trying to teach myself calculus for fun for The Heart's sake.

Humble Master
2014-09-24, 06:15 PM
"They're probably just confused Spark." Subtle said to reassure her friend "Everyling knows you as a Dragon and now you're a Changling. Though I wouldn't mind if the Dragon came back. What is so important about being a Changling to you?"

Emperor Ing
2014-09-24, 06:58 PM
Well i've been waiting all day to do this. Adepha remarks as she flutters in front of Spark. If you're gonna changling, i'm gonna teach you how to changling properly!

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-24, 07:29 PM
Spark was about to answer Subtle when Adepha, floated in front of him. He was a bit stunned, but not unwilling to listen. What do you mean Adepha?

Emperor Ing
2014-09-24, 07:35 PM
Well, you've gotten a bit better, but you're still a stiff breeze away from tripping over your own hooves. Adepha remarks. And those wings! What's the point of having wings if you can't use them?! If you want to, I can help you learn to walk on four legs and use changling wings. Who knows? Since you have speed-holes you might be able to fly as fast as me!

Rater202
2014-09-24, 07:45 PM
If, he decides to stay a changeling forever.

He still needs to think it through, not rush into it so he won't be a "monster".

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-24, 07:48 PM
I...Spark was deep in thought. as Tenn and Aeslia joined you all.

hey gang what is going on?

If i were to guess, Sis has finally decided to help Spark. Which may mean they'd spend alot more time together. Aeslia clearly does not mind teasing her sister now that school is over.

Yes Aeslia she did offer, and yes i'd be happy to learn from her. Spark gets up, and looks to Subtle.
To answer you. It is least i want to be a Changling as i don't want to be... Be my Monah.

Emperor Ing
2014-09-24, 07:56 PM
Adepha snaps her head back at Aeslia at that remark, only to become even more disgruntled and her blush to become even more noticable when Spark only adds to her embarassment. H-hey! She stammers, glaring back at Spark.

DigoDragon
2014-09-24, 08:33 PM
hey gang what is going on?

Sabina stretched her legs. "Well, I don't changling, so unless somepony needs me I'll just sideline myself. One day down, a bajillion to go."

Rater202
2014-09-24, 08:40 PM
If i were to guess, Sis has finally decided to help Spark. Which may mean they'd spend alot more time together. Aeslia clearly does not mind teasing her sister now that school is over.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!*cough*HAhaha*cough *hahaha*cough*haha-ha*cough

After that bought of laughter, Gear takes a long drag from his inhaler.

Then he suddenly get's a look o realization on his face, and is hoping he's wrong.

DigoDragon
2014-09-24, 08:54 PM
Laughter was contagious, Sabina couldn't help but silently giggle a bit at Gear's outburst.

Emperor Ing
2014-09-24, 08:56 PM
Adepha scrunches her nose, blushing profusely and shooting angry glares at Gear and Sabina.

DigoDragon
2014-09-24, 10:03 PM
Sabina recomposes herself, remaining quiet and behaved. For now.

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-24, 10:27 PM
Tenn Also can't help but laugh with Gear. During his fit is when Zircon comes out, but he does not stay long all he does is roll his eyes at Sabina, and I'll catch you later Tenn. Bye. before he prances off towards home.

Ectato soon follows coming out as he sits next to Tenn, giving everyling a smile and a curious look.

Spark looks at Adepha blushing and Gear laughing. When he sees Adepha blush He can't help but have his heart skip a beat for a brief second before asking, What did i say something funny? Why are you laughing?

Rater202
2014-09-24, 10:54 PM
Nothing important, I was jut reminded of something...

But if I'm right, it's a bad reason to stay a Changeling.

Emperor Ing
2014-09-24, 11:04 PM
Yeah, um, Spark... Adepha says, nervous but still eager to change topics. You don't have to stay a changling forever, but I don't think you have to be a dragon forever either. I saw you begin to use the fire purple flamey thing to change back but it stopped when the bell rang so you could change back and forth whenever you wanted, or something.

I can still help you get used to having a changling body, though.

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-24, 11:54 PM
Spark honestly had no clue what Gear was talking about, but back on to the lessons. I just don't know how to change back and forth is the thing Adepha, remember, that is why i have been like this all day.

Well, I don't know about you, but i am going to head home unless any of you want to hang out for a little while? Ectato? Tenn looks to his best Changling friend. Ectato just shrugs, then after what looks like pondering nods his head. They two begin to trot away from the group.

DigoDragon
2014-09-25, 07:03 AM
"Yeah, it's been a long day. I'll leave you in Adepha's care for the whole changling thing, Spark. Probably a good idea to head home so I can organize all these books and things."

Rater202
2014-09-25, 08:25 AM
Way, Spark, you said something about not wanting to be a "Monah"

Who or what is Monah?

Emperor Ing
2014-09-25, 09:34 AM
Well, I figure you'll change back eventually, I mean you did say you were- Adepha cuts herself off as she realizes what she was going to say, giving Spark a curious look.

What do you mean you're half-changling?

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-25, 11:30 AM
Spark looks at Adepha with a perplexed expression, which causes the wyrmling to start talking to himself.
You were there weren't you....no you were asleep..... but didn't i talk about it.... No, maybe but with what context.....hmmm.

Spark looks to Sabina as she wonders off toward home.
Umm I don't know how to put this Adepha, but Arlia is my biological Father.....

Spark then looks to Gear, and answers him. Monah is my Biological Mother..... She is the one who left my siblings all alone, and me as an egg. I looked just like her. Mom tells me i act just like her too. I don't want to be a egg ditching dragon like her.

Emperor Ing
2014-09-25, 12:06 PM
Wait what?! Adepha balks. But...but Arlia is female. How can, or could she be your father?

Rater202
2014-09-25, 01:07 PM
Gear responds to learning about Monah by hugging Spark

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-25, 03:01 PM
Spark eagerly accepts Gear's hug, and does not tackle his friend this time. he looks over Gear's shoulder at Adepha. It is complicated and i am not sure i fully understand also. What is important is I won't be a coward and leave you all. I...I should not run from what I am either.
Spark pulls off of Gear, as he starts to become inflamed by gold and violet. soon he body is engulfed by the ethereal flame. The only thing that is visible are his emerald eyes as they look at you. As soon as the flames appear the are gone, revealing your golden dragonling again.

Was it that easy? Spark test his theory as he changes back into a Changling.

It is! Thank you guys. Your Dragonling hugs you all, before blushing
I am sorry for being a nuisance to you all today. Spark seems to direct this more to Gear and Subtle then any one else. Adepha would you be willing to show me how to fly, or do you have to go home with Aeslia? If so we can do the lesson later.

Aeslia seems happy to have helped her friend, but she pushes her sister, Go ahead if you want Sis I know the way home.

Emperor Ing
2014-09-25, 03:27 PM
You probably do, but why do we have to choose? Adepha insists upon being released from the hug. You can follow us home and I can teach you how to fly along the way!

As they begin the path to Adepha's house, she begins her instructions. As you might have noticed, changlings fly differently than pegasususes or dragons, who grab the air with a big feathery hand and push it down. I'll do it slowly so you can see. Adepha flaps her wings, though very slowly, not nearly generating enough lift to get her off the ground. You see? You beat your wings in a circle. A counterclockwise circle. Now you try it!

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-25, 04:19 PM
Spark walks with his friends. following Adepha's instruction. by the time we all arrived to one of the shafts for the surface, Spark was starting to hover, slightly off the ground. Adepha and Aeslia were the first to leave the group. Spark clearly had more to learn, but wanted to walk Gear, and Subtle home as well. only when away from Adepha's home did Spark change back to a dragon. as he walked with his friends home they all chatted and had a good time. After saying goodbye Spark flew off towards his little Weyr.

On the way he caught up with Sabina, and informed her that he now could change at will. he walked her home too since it was on the way to his hide out. He explained to her, about his new found family connection to Arlia, and wished her a good night.

♪ My Little Pony... ♪

Adepha
Emperor Ing
Diamond Gear
Rater202
Spark
Cavalieredraghi
Sabina
Digo Dragon
Subtle
Humble Master
Tenn Pence
A good child actor
Ectato
a silent puppet
Zircon
a spoiled brat
Ms. Green Flame
a dragon cultist
Mrs. Integra
Mrs. Borg

My Little Pony: Slice of Life is magic was filmed infront of an audience of playgrounders

♪ ...Frieeeeends... ♪

Arlia Figured her son would go to his little Wyer before returning home, so he could check on his gem garden. Her little Wyrmling was so predictable. She clearly was not worried or shocked when her son changed that morning into a Changling, after all he was her son, he could easily handle himself.
When she quietly rounded the corner to his lab. she was impressed to see her son already changed back, it took his mother a week to figure out how to change back. Arlia stalked over to Spark, about to pounce on him, and wrap him up in her embrace.
I Hear you mom.

Drats he knew she was there. oh well enough playing around. as she hugged her son. How was school my little one?

Spark accepted his mothers embrace before responding to her question.

Good as expected, Ms. Green was interesting. But i still am confused about one thing, Gear and the others broke up laughing after i said something and Adepha could not stop blushing?

Oh tell me what happened? Spark explained and repeated word for word what he said. upon which Arlia started to laugh a little bit to. Oh son, sweet sweet son, you may have accidently alluded to liking Adepha.

WHAT!! Spark's face was blood ruby red now. That is not what i ment. I was just happy to have her teach me.

It is alright, son. Now when should I expect you home?

Soon Mom, i just need to finish this last set of notes.

Alright, be home with in the hour understood.
Arlia nuzzled her son before getting up and leaving. after she left Spark talked to himself.
Is that really what i said?

Episode 2 Season 2:
Cursed Dice

Spark has been for the past couple weekends been disappearing before Saturday night, and not showing back up till school morning the following Monday. When you all confronted Spark about it, he simply said “you’ll see.” Which only made you all worry slightly since whenever your little drake ever tried to plan something, it always went South. Then soon you noticed that Tenn started to do the same thing. Was it possible the two were in cahoots together?

Sabina of course tried to talk to Tenn about what the two were doing, but he gave a similar answer, despite Sabina’s charms. Just what was it the two were planning, it looked like they would have to wait and see like Spark and Tenn keep saying. And as the weeks passed during Sunday you did not see or hear of Spark and Tenn. Three weeks later and you all are heading towards to the pirate hangout, to come up with your plan to finally learn what it is Tenn and Spark were doing.

DigoDragon
2014-09-25, 05:12 PM
Sabina arrived early, though she had the advantage of living quite close to the clubhouse. She had missed hanging out with Spark and Tenn for so many weekends that she was forgetting what kind of shenanigans they usually did on weekends. On the other hoof, she had started to interact with some of the other classmates. They were nice ponies and she had fun, but...

They just weren't Tenn and Spark.

Sabina climbed up on the ship and called out for them. "Hello? Tenn? Spark? Y'all around?"

Emperor Ing
2014-09-25, 05:22 PM
Sabina? Adepha says, flying down from the sky calling after her earth pony friend. What happened to the "you can't get anywhere before me" law?

Rater202
2014-09-25, 05:25 PM
Like Sabina, Gear has been missing his Dragon friend on weekends, and like Sabina has at least had the opportunity to meet new ponies. Of note, the colt in the Gym locker next to him is pretty nice.

I second the Question, are you guys here?

Humble Master
2014-09-25, 05:34 PM
Like her friends Subtle had been worried though she had been also been struggling with whether to begin truly investigating into her friend's clandestine actions. Finally she had decided that after 3 weeks it might be good just to make sure Spark and Tenn weren't doing anything stupid but... "I doubt they're here. We haven't found them here any week before."

DigoDragon
2014-09-25, 05:46 PM
What happened to the "you can't get anywhere before me" law?

"This doesn't count! I like like... a hop, skip, and a jump away!" Sabina replied with a laugh.

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-25, 05:49 PM
As you board your mighty vessel, and call out to Spark and Tenn, you hear some rustling from below deck. someling was coming up to greet you. It was not however someling you were hoping to see. A nymph you all know comes out to greet the day. Ectato seems slightly shocked to see you all, but smiles at you happy to see you.

Emperor Ing
2014-09-25, 05:55 PM
Adepha did what she could to adjust to life in Middle School, but found being constantly moved from room to room to be strange. Almost...restricting, but her young mind lacked the ability to express her feelings into coherent language. Nevertheless, everyling who knows her knows she's chomping at the bit to tryout for the school track and cross-country teams.

Adepha tried to keep a grumpy face, but she couldn't help but giggle with Sabina. I'll let you off this time.

So you think Spark and Tenn are here...? The nymph asked, just as Ectato pops out to greet them. She smiles and waves back. Oh! Hi Ectato! Are Tenn and Spark here?

Humble Master
2014-09-25, 05:57 PM
"Hey Ectato, whatcha doing here?" Subtle inquires as unassumingly as possible.

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-25, 06:26 PM
i um don't know where they are. I was just here for some peace and quite, i like coming here for that once and a while. Ectato seems at peace to Adepha. which adds to his statement. Ectato looks to Sabina
I would have thought Tenn was with you, you two seem to spend a lot of time together lately. I wonder how Zircon is taking it? Ectato ponders.
Ectato then looks to everyone again realizing he is being stared at.
You can um look down below if you don't believe me.

Humble Master
2014-09-25, 06:34 PM
"No, we haven't seen Spark or Tenn over the weekend for the past 3 weeks. We've finally decided to investigate."

DigoDragon
2014-09-25, 06:35 PM
"Why would we not believe you?" Sabina asked. She immediately held up a hoof. "Nevermind, don't answer that. No time for long-winded explanations. Perhaps Tenn and Spark left some clues below deck for us. You didn't see anything odd down there did you? No, don't answer that. I want to be surprised if it is. Thanks for not spoiling anything Ec."

Sabina skips down below deck.

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-25, 06:54 PM
Sabina, hops down below deck, as she searches around she sees nothing out of place, or out of the ordinary. While those above wait for Sabina to return, they stair out at the water or the forest, trying to think were Spark and Tenn could be.
hearing some pony coming from the forest. That pony is a coltIt is Tenn you can make out his voice.

Rater202
2014-09-25, 07:28 PM
Anypony else hear the colt out in the forest? They're coming this way.

DigoDragon
2014-09-25, 07:47 PM
Sabina did a quick rumamge through the stuff to see if there was anything moved or used by the missing duo. "Come on you two, what have you been doing? Not reading Playcolt I hope."

Emperor Ing
2014-09-25, 07:51 PM
Yeah I heard it too. Adepha remarks as she goes top-deck, looking out for any sign of any nearby or approaching ponies.

Humble Master
2014-09-25, 08:02 PM
Subtle perked her ears up to listen for this colt. "Gals, I think it's Tenn! Lets get all below deck so he doesn't notice us."

Rater202
2014-09-25, 08:04 PM
" Not reading Playcolt I hope."

Gear follows Sabina down below deck.

Why would reading be wrong?

Emperor Ing
2014-09-25, 08:25 PM
On Subtle's prompting, Adepha scampers down below deck, hoping she doesn't get noticed.

Silent Move
[roll0] 9

DigoDragon
2014-09-25, 08:30 PM
Why would reading be wrong?

Sabina thought for a moment. "Um... actually, my dad's friends say they read Playcolt for the articles so... huh, I guess there isn't anything wrong with reading. Mom says it's not for young fillies so I don't know what those articles talk about. Well, you're a colt. Maybe I'll find a copy some time and you can tell me what the articles are about?"

Rater202
2014-09-25, 08:37 PM
Sabina thought for a moment. "Um... actually, my dad's friends say they read Playcolt for the articles so... huh, I guess there isn't anything wrong with reading. Mom says it's not for young fillies so I don't know what those articles talk about. Well, you're a colt. Maybe I'll find a copy some time and you can tell me what the articles are about?"

I don't know, if it's not for Young fillies you probably wouldn't be able to get one unless you stole it, and you get in trouble enough as it is.

what was it your mother did when she found out you used the bow as a bandage to stop me from bleeding out?

DigoDragon
2014-09-25, 08:55 PM
what was it your mother did when she found out you used the bow as a bandage to stop me from bleeding out?

"Well, she was mad, but she understood. Kind of hard to ignore the stains, heh. She let it slide really. I was in enough trouble as it was so she just left me to punishments from dad."

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-25, 11:01 PM
Ectato follows everyling down to the boat. While Adepha and Subtle, clearly have a grasp of keeping quiet as, you all hear the clops of Tenn coming aboard. However Gear and Sabina clearly don't have such a ideas. Their talking proves to reveal that someling is on the boat with Tenn.

Who is here! Tenn slams his hoof onto the deck, Show yourself now!

Rater202
2014-09-25, 11:05 PM
Gear declare, in a teasing tone:You show yourself, it's our ship.

Emperor Ing
2014-09-25, 11:16 PM
Adepha searches through her memories of when they first found the ship. One of the first obstacles was a statue eye thing that would only respond to Springboard Jackie, so Adepha had to disguise as her. Trying to remember her colors, Adepha, in a flash of violet fire, transforms into the filly version of the late pegasus pirate.

Arrr! She flies out from her hiding place, looking down on Tenn. Whatsa land-lubber like yerself doin' on ma' ship?!

DigoDragon
2014-09-26, 07:16 AM
Sabina pokes up from below deck. "Dude, I'm right here. Nice to see you too, silly." She smiles.

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-26, 10:15 AM
What!? Tenn looks at the filly Pegasus. Who are you? Tenn sees Sabina come above deck,
Sabina who is this crazy filly?

Rater202
2014-09-26, 10:18 AM
Gear climbs up.

That would be Adepha in her "Springboard Jackie as a Filly" disguise. Remember?

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-26, 10:24 AM
With a resounding face hoof, followed by OWW!Tenn looks at Adepha/Jackie.
What are you guys doing here anyways..... Tenn looks at everyone. You know what never mind come with me i need help!

DigoDragon
2014-09-26, 11:18 AM
"Sure, help with what?" Sabina asked.

Emperor Ing
2014-09-26, 11:23 AM
Adepha giggles at Tenn's reaction, transforming into her normal changling self in a flash of violet fire. Yeah, it's me.

What's going on, Tenn? What do you need help with?

Rater202
2014-09-26, 11:45 AM
Gear moves to follow Tenn

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-26, 01:51 PM
You see a figurine of a dragon pop out from Tenn's mane for a second, around his ear. before Tenn shifts it gets covered with hair again.
Tenn looks to Sabina and Adepha. Well um...Spark has been well Cursed, and he needs help to break it. Tenn gives his cheesiest and nervous grin. We did not mean for him to be cursed, it just sort of happened.

Emperor Ing
2014-09-26, 01:55 PM
Adepha blinks. Cursed? What do you mean cursed? What happened?

Obs
[roll0] 6 (storing crit for later)

Rater202
2014-09-26, 03:22 PM
Gear's attention is captured.

...curse?

DigoDragon
2014-09-26, 03:23 PM
OBS
[roll0]+5 = FFFFFF!!

"Cursed? What do you mean by cursed? You didn't turn him into a unicorn, did you? Cause I totally call dibs on unicorn curses!" It was hard to tell if Sabina was being serious of not.

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-26, 03:37 PM
Tenn shifts from hoof to hoof nervously. It is hard to explain, Spark can tell you more, when we get to my place. Ectato also comes up finally, who nods at Tenn willing to help as well. Tenn leads the way, almost in a sprint before something seems to make him slow down, towards his house. after a brisk walk taking about 20 or so minutes. you arrive to Tenn's house.

As you walk through Tenn’s house, you get the sense that it is empty and Tenn was the only one home. He leads you upstairs to his room. When you enter, you see a Styrofoam model of what you think is Vanhoover in the center of his room on a table. They are minor changes namely in the center is a large castle. Along with many of the building seem to be older in style, such as medieval style. Tenn moves to the castle and pulls something out of his mane, and places it on the castle tower.

you see a tiny trail of smoke rising from the castle. If you follow the smoke you see a scale model figure of Spark.
you know that model is not a model at all it is actually Spark.

Tenn points out the Styrofoam model, “This is what Spark and I have been working on. I could not apply such detail on my own, but with Spark dexterous Claws we were about to make this a reality. It is a board for our game” He then reveals that underneath the table is a replica of the hive, only it looks like what the hive may look like if run down and nearly destroyed, you even can see the queen palace, and the dragon fountain clearing.
Spark wanted it to be a secret and surprise you all, and the others when we finished.

Emperor Ing
2014-09-26, 03:44 PM
Oooh, wow! That's really cool! Adepha gives a cursory glance over the model of the whole town, taking a moment to look at the miniature of Spark, wondering just where that had come from and who made it.

So...um, like, what's the curse? What's going on?

Moar obs
[roll0] 11

Rater202
2014-09-26, 03:59 PM
Oh, well, that's a pretty interesting Castle-I think the Equestrian Royal Palace looked something like that, a thousand years ago, before the founding of Canterlot.

And that's a pretty realistic figure of Spark-did you do any of the rest of us?

At Adepha questioning, Gear snaps to attention

Yeah, what's with this Curse?

Unfortunatly, Gear's attention is once more brought back to the model

Construction, to examine the Castle[roll0]+15 23

DigoDragon
2014-09-26, 04:51 PM
OBS II Electric Boogaloo
[roll0]+5 = 16

"Yes, tell us already! What's the curse? How do we play?" Sabina said excitedly. "This looks really good, but why is the hive messed up? This an evil version of the hive? Does your mom have a goatee in this game? How did you get the little Spark figure to smoke? Can you make me one that smokes?"

Humble Master
2014-09-26, 05:33 PM
"Maybe we should find out about this cruse before worrying about the game?" Subtle says to Sabina "Nice work on the models though Tenn, it looks really cool. Anyway, what happened to Spark?"

DigoDragon
2014-09-26, 05:57 PM
Sabina looks around the room to see if there are any clues as to what the boys have been building or why it's cursed.

Investigation: [roll0]+5 = 12

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-26, 09:56 PM
having not been the first time in Tenn room, Sabina notices a fancy wooden box on Tenn's desk.

Well as you see Spark and I were about ready to show you all. But we needed some 6 sided dice for the game. And well that figurine is not a model, but actually Spark.

Ya it is me, and why did you bring them along when i said not to!!!!! Especially Adepha!!

Tenn glares at Spark while Ectato blushes. Anyways Spark and I remembered seeing a dice box back on Jackie's boat. When we brought it here after we checked to see if it had what we needed. Tenn moves over to his desk and takes the fancy wooden box. When Tenn opens it to reveal what was inside you see 3 obsidian cubes, with different numbered red concaves on each side.
When Spark touched the dice, they spoke for a second, before Spark shrunk.
“ the curse can only be broken when the game is won
For he who uses me, may they pay the price being one
with the game done.”

We went to Jackie's boat to see what we could find on note involving the dice.

Which we did not find! WHY DID WE LEAVE!

I am getting to that Spark. Anyways, I figure some pony else needs to enter the game like Spark and save the Prince. who is Spark. Thus you win breaking the curse. What do you think?

DigoDragon
2014-09-26, 10:06 PM
What do you think?

"I think 'Pocket Spark' is the second most adorable thing I've ever seen this month!" Sabina squeed. She looked around the game board. "Soooo... how do we play? Roll dice to enter the game?"

OBS = 12
[roll0]+5

Emperor Ing
2014-09-26, 11:33 PM
Adepha double-takes, looking back and forth between Tenn and fun-size Spark, before focusing on Spark. Oh my gosh, he's so cute! The nymph gives an uncharacteristic squee, looking back at Tenn.

I'm almost too afraid to ask what your #1 cutest thing you saw this month, Sabina. Adepha muses to herself. So we have to play to get Spark to get big again?

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-27, 12:03 AM
Oh my gosh he is too cute. Subtle joins in the girl's merriment over Spark being little. upon which Adepha can feel the faintest, almost as if it was not there, trace of embarassment, which you can only assume is Spark.
Right, to play due to the curse it won't be like a normal game, I and Spark suspect. Everything you see and hear, will feel real. Spark claims to see me and i assume you all just fine, as what he says the curse has a sense of humor. Tenn rummages through his desk some more as he pulls out some papers. (https://docs.google.com/a/holtcomputerconsulting.com/document/d/1-ItINXKgkaMFv871YJh5ti9ng0IF-q399u020-EKkPw/edit) He then passes them out to you all.
you each will need to select one of these classes as you enter the curse. Your objective is to save Spark from the Evil Baroness. Each Class is race specific, and there can only be one of that class in game as a player. To make sure the game is run fair you will have a Game Master watch over you, and keeping the monster in check, which will be me. When you are ready, all you need to do is touch the dice.
Ectato looks over the papers curiously. as it seems he ponders what to choose.

Emperor Ing
2014-09-27, 01:49 AM
Adepha looks over the paper, over and over again repeatedly, trying to understand just what she was looking at. Classes? Attacks determined by dice rolls? How does any of this work? How could anyone have the ability to make a game with this many rules, or have this kind of complexity, and who in the right mind would think this would be fun?!

Needless to say, Adepha was hesitant on how this would work.

Humble Master
2014-09-27, 08:14 AM
Subtle looks over the classes, naturally gravitating towards the more magical ones. "Tenn, are you sure this is a good idea? Like, what happens if we fail and how do we know how the curse works exactly?"

DigoDragon
2014-09-27, 08:46 AM
Sabina was slightly disappointed that the classes had race restrictions. "Well, I guess I can sort of understand no earth pony spellcasters," she said, "But no earth pony solar guards or witches? In fact... seems like I'd only qualify for being some kind of warrior type."

The filly raised an eyebrow to Tenn. "I want to say you're stereotyping earth ponies, but considering you are one, I'm a bit confused at why you went this route."

Rater202
2014-09-27, 08:57 AM
Gear's Response to micro-Spark:aaaawwwww

Upon being told what he must do to rescue Spark:...Dibs on Cleric.Does that defensive bonus Stack wth Reflective Protection?

Wait, do we keep our abilities in the game, or are we stuck in the class.

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-27, 10:59 AM
Tenn looks towards Spark as it seems the dragon says something. Tenn then turns to you all. Spark want you all to come close to so you can hear him.

Look I don't want any of you to do this. It is too, not dangerous... Spark seems to have trouble grasping the right word. It is just really weird, and if you fail you can never leave the game board. When ever Tenn takes me away from the game board i become a plastic figurine. I can think, i can talk but i can't move.

Tenn looks to you all again. Look Spark and I don't know what will happen to you. Since the curse is following our game, and the game is not yet finished. That means there are loop holes you can find and use to help you alright. That is why Earth ponies seem Stereotypes right now, we had not finished the game we were near ready for, hmm Beta Testing.

Ectato puts the paper down and seems to have decided something. I am going to be A Royal Guard. I want to help you and Spark that is all that matters.

Rater202
2014-09-27, 11:07 AM
Gear looks to the micro-dragonling with a gaze of pure determination.

Spark, I already traded a leg for you.

Life as a plastic model isn't such a big risk after that.

DigoDragon
2014-09-27, 11:22 AM
"I eat weirdness for breakfast and poop out... something not weird," Sabina said, not sure where she was going with this metaphor. "So we just pick a class and touch a dice? How does the dice know what we want?"

Rater202
2014-09-27, 12:02 PM
Wait, do we have to literally be the same race as our "Class" says?

I mean, if this was normal game, only Crystal Ponies would be able to play clerics.

DigoDragon
2014-09-27, 12:09 PM
I mean, if this was normal game, only Crystal Ponies would be able to play clerics.

"Well, Tenn did say the game was incomplete," Sabina commented. "Alright, let's break this thing and get Spark back." Sabina slammed a hoof on the dice with confidence. She was going to get medieval on this game.

"In the the words of Gear's fancy speak, Bringeth It Oneth!"

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-27, 12:27 PM
Spark answers Sabina. The curse knows what you want and changes you accordingly. I did not know what i wanted when i touched them. So i was turned into the Prince.
Tenn Looks to Gear to answer him.
We had not yet thought of Races, so you will look like the race of the class you pick, unless it is a class any races can have like Ranger. So if Sabina when with Witch when she entered the game she'd look like a Zebra or a Changling, her choice, while staying well Sabina.

Humble Master
2014-09-27, 01:19 PM
"This is very bizarre." Subtle said to herself. "Tenn, could I maybe have a copy of the rules? I might be able to find some loophole or something that could help us out. Like, some crazy thing to get every ability at first level? Anyway, I guess I'll be a Wizard. Even if I have to be cursed I'll still try to get Spark out of this." Subtle laid her hoof on the cursed dice.

Rater202
2014-09-27, 01:30 PM
"Well, Tenn did say the game was incomplete," Sabina commented. "Alright, let's break this thing and get Spark back." Sabina slammed a hoof on the dice with confidence. She was going to go rogue on this game.

"In the the words of Gear's fancy speak, Bringeth It Oneth!"

No, that would be "Bringest it on"

Gear touches a die, one Cleric of Love coming up.

DigoDragon
2014-09-27, 01:40 PM
"I'll be a Wizard."

No, that would be "Bringest it on".

"Sure, what you said," Sabina commented with a grin to Gear. "I totally want to cast spells too, so uh... sorcerer I think? Sorceress?"

Emperor Ing
2014-09-27, 01:42 PM
Well... Adepha hesitates, but touches the dice nonetheless. Spark would curse himself to anything nerdy to help her, after all. She has a preference for the Royal Guard class, but suspects she'll end up as a Solar Guard instead, unsure if her touching the dice before Ectato will result in any difference. If she does end up as a Solar Guard, she so desperately did NOT want to end up as a Unicorn instead of a Pegasus!

cavalieredraghi
2014-09-27, 02:04 PM
Tenn looks down to Spark who looks up to Tenn. I can't give you the rules, the Dices sort of ate them.
But don't worry when you enter it won't feel like a game, you will be able to move and talk and think like you are now.
Sabina was the first to touch one of the die, suddenly she sees nothing but black, Her body shrinks, as Tenn Catches her and places her at the starting point in the hive, Gear follows suit, and the same thing happens to him. Adepha then Subtle, then Ectato follow your leads.

As you all swim in the black void, a voice call out to you.
More players come to my fold,
Don't be afraid go bold.
as you follow what you are told.

Suddenly Sabina feels a nub form out of her skull again as she turns once more into a Unicorn. Adepha feel no change but her carapace seems to grow slightly heavier, especially around her skull.

Feel free to describe you character's new looks Adepha going first makes her Royal Guard before Ectato who is now a blue maned violet coated Unicorn gold plated Solar guard.

you all awaken in a small clearing of the hive, almost seeming like an underground park. though the gel lamps are missing or out. You stand and get your baring, as you look up to the sky it looks just like the ceiling you are known to see in the hive, but a giant versus of Tenn seems to be standing over you all.
Good to see you all awake. Now then you are starting in the hive, and you have to work your way up to Vanhoover, then you must find the Sword of Baron slaying. when you have that you can defeat the Evil baroness holding Spark.

this is a time for you all to feel out your characters, though Adepha if she searches her equipment will notice a map of Olith (https://drive.google.com/a/holtcomputerconsulting.com/#folders/0B5Mh5iE-bofHazFpNzhfOWNnOUE). with its own personallized legend.

Rater202
2014-09-27, 02:30 PM
Gean, once in the game, stands and examines himself he's wearing a priestly robe- a pale light pink with gold hemming, and makes a tinkly jingly sound as he moves-opening the robes reveals that he's wearing chain mail below them.

Sewn into the robes, around his flank, is what looks like a heart made of crystal, and a literal crystal heart, wrapped in gold, is hanging from his neck on a chain.

The robe has some kind of loop in it on the right side, in which a simple, crooked staff. The loop presumably serves as a suport devince, so that a non unicorn can hold the staff.

alright, I'm equipped in the vestments of the love-priests who tened to the Crystal Heart. This*holds up the Heart Pendant* isn't part of the vestments-It sort of looks like Princess Cadance's Cutie Mark. It's probably my holy symbol. She's the alicorn of love, and while we Crystal Ponies don't actually worship her or love, it is still a pretty important part of our philosophy. And I've got somw sort of chain armor under my robe

The staff looks a bit heavier than what the love-priests used. Actually, it looks a bit like a cross between their staves and a cudgel-That's a "Ceremony whoop-plot stick" to go by my aunt's definition.

Oh, and my leg is made of meat again.

Gear holds up his Holy Symbol once more, trying to examin it's crystal composition, when a laser or something comes out of it and hits a wall.

...Alright, that was coolusing Bits and bobs for the Episode on the Holy Symbol.

As a Love-Priest, RPG Cleric Gear can, in moments of concentration, fire a beam of love magic from his Holy Symbol for use as a weapon. This uses his shooting skill and should logically do more damage than a smack with his whoop-plot stick, but can only be done once every four rounds(If Gear uses it on the first round of combat, he can't do it again until the fourth round)

Is that acceptable?