PDA

View Full Version : Soulknife+wildshape ranger+daggerspell shaper

daremetoidareyo
2014-09-17, 05:03 PM
Trying to optimize this lackluster beast for ultimate effectiveness. It looks like 7 levels of soulknife, + at least 2 levels of ranger, + 1 or 2 scout or rogue, + daggerspell shaper.

It looks like I would lead with scout or rogue (skill points yo!), then move along to wildshape ranger for 2 level, then soulknife for 2, and then blend daggerspell shaper levels with soulknife levels, as I proceed. Suggestions?

Sixth level psychic sneak attack as a flying squirrel. Power attacking at 1d3+1d6+1d8! take that!
1st level = 2wf
What feats come next?

I'm looking to make this a difficult to pin down NPC mercenary to harass the PCS. I'm looking at 12th-13th level to fully realize this guy.

Val666
2014-09-17, 05:37 PM
I think Wildshape Rangers can wildshape at level 5

Nihilarian
2014-09-17, 07:22 PM
Wildshape Ranger gains Wildshape "as druid" - in other words, at 5th level.

Speaking frankly, I have difficulty seeing what soulknife does for the build. Ranger 5/Scout 3/Daggerspell Shaper 2/Soulknife 10 gets up to two +3 SHORT SWORDS, which don't work with Daggerspell Shaper abilities. Forget the soulknife and buy two regular magic daggers. If you have Savage Species I believe there's a thing in there that can replace daggerspell shaper as well, leaving you with straight Ranger/Scout Swift Hunter build that uses Wildshape to get fun forms.