PDA

View Full Version : Street Fighter

Vowtz
2014-09-17, 06:21 PM
.................................................. .......

archaeo
2014-09-17, 06:47 PM
What do you think?

Why the last sentence there?

It seems like an ability that might be better off modeled like Fist of Unbroken Air or Water Whip; bump it to 2 ki, and instead of offering the option between knocking prone or pushing/pulling, make it knock the enemy prone only, but give it a boost to damage (3d12, maybe? An additional d12 for every additional ki point)?

Vowtz
2014-09-17, 07:13 PM
Why the last sentence there?
Well, Because I want to know what do you think. Is it wrong? My english is getting worse by the second.

It seems like an ability that might be better off modeled like Fist of Unbroken Air or Water Whip; bump it to 2 ki, and instead of offering the option between knocking prone or pushing/pulling, make it knock the enemy prone only, but give it a boost to damage (3d12, maybe? An additional d12 for every additional ki point)? I understand, but I wanted a more defensive ability, so having it with less damage and less ki cost seemed right for a reaction, the way it's written now do you think it's too strong or weak?

archaeo
2014-09-17, 07:33 PM
Well, Because I want to know what do you think. Is it wrong? My english is getting worse by the second.

Well, it gives you a cheap extra attack at level 3, which is pretty strong. And I'm not sure how you would be moving between turns anyway? Seems better to just let it live as a reaction you can use between your turns, which brings up:

I understand, but I wanted a more defensive ability, so having it with less damage and less ki cost seemed right for a reaction, the way it's written now do you think it's too strong or weak?

I kind of didn't notice that it was supposed to be a reaction. :smallfrown:

Honestly, I kind of feel like if it's a reaction, it should cost more ki to make it give an effect, especially if the reaction doesn't require anything else to trigger (i.e. an enemy attack). A touch too strong, for me; make it 2 ki, remove that last sentence and require that it be used as a reaction, maybe add "when an enemy attacks, you can use your reaction to" language, and then I think it would be balanced.

Mike Myler
2017-05-19, 09:03 AM
I have a blog series on my website that people interested in Street Fighter and D&D 5E might make use of. Can't link it here (yet) but it's easy to find on mikemyler.com :D

Desteplo
2017-05-19, 09:18 AM
The fire snakes works. There's a reach in he curve of the shoryuken. Ken has a fire element to it so it works out.