PDA

View Full Version : Druid/planar wild shaping

Kamaei
2014-09-17, 06:24 PM
I'm in a campaign where we are level 14 and a member of the group is a druid with the prestige class planar shepard. I know he can wild shape into any outsider in that plane but for some reason he says he can become a Titan even though its HD is 20+, is there some special ability shepards get, item, feat that can allow him to become something with higher HD then his own

Taveena
2014-09-17, 06:30 PM
As far as I'm aware, no, there is no way to Wildshape into something with more HD than you. (Ready to be proven wrong, though.)

eggynack
2014-09-17, 06:54 PM
There're a couple of ways to increase effective wild shape level. The wild shape amulet from magic of faerun increases wild shape level by four, and the trappings of the beast increase it by one when combined. The wild shape amulet doesn't increase past 20, however, so the limit is 21. That's not particularly relevant here though, as you'd still be maxing out at 19 off of a level 14 base. I don't think there are other ways to increase wild shape level either. Thus, he can become a titan, with its 20 HD, at level 15, but not as he is now. It'd be an expensive thing though.

sleepyphoenixx
2014-09-18, 01:47 AM
There's the Skin of Kaletor (or something like that) in one of the Dragon Magazines that also adds to Wild Shape (+3 or +4 iirc).

defiantdan
2014-09-18, 07:12 AM
Dragon Magazine 324. costs 12k adds +4 with no cap.