PDA

View Full Version : [MMV] Phantom Template for Players

Fax Celestis
2014-09-17, 09:45 PM
So I know the Phantom template doesn't have a level adjustment. However, I'm curious what people think would be a fair level adjustment for the less than five HD abilities only. +2 is about where I'm leaning but I'd like to see other people's opinions.

QuickLyRaiNbow
2014-09-17, 10:08 PM
Campaign dependent. If you put it on a standard PC and plopped them into a standard published adventure module, I think it'd be completely gamebreaking. Used in a campaign when the DM can plan for it and all that, then I'd be ok with +2, I think. At-will incorporeality is pretty stronk, and maybe the LA should be assigned based on the full package of the character. As low as +1 in the base character is mechanically weaker than the rest of the party, as high as +4 if the character is already significantly stronger.

I dunno, I'm just spitballing.

Fax Celestis
2014-09-17, 10:24 PM
Well, it's only incorporeality when moving, so it burns down to the ability to walk through objects narrower than one square and Non-ghost-touch AoO immunity. Plus CHA to AC.

Silva Stormrage
2014-09-17, 10:27 PM
Ya +2 seems fair. You can get incorporeality as well from savage ghost progression. And frankly 2 levels in the savage ghost progression still seems a lot stronger so LA +2 seems fair.