PDA

View Full Version : A quick question

RationalGoblin
2007-03-11, 08:28 PM
I checked everywhere in the PHB, and I couldn't find anything for it so here's my question(s).

Does holding a one handed weapon in two hands count as two-weapon fighting? Or, for that matter, does a two-handed weapon count as two-weapon fighting?

Deus Mortus
2007-03-11, 08:32 PM
No, holding a one handed weapon in two hands will give you a 1.5x str mod instead of 1x. Same rule applies to twohanded weapons.

kamikasei
2007-03-11, 08:32 PM
I checked everywhere in the PHB, and I couldn't find anything for it so here's my question(s).

Does holding a one handed weapon in two hands count as two-weapon fighting? Or, for that matter, does a two-handed weapon count as two-weapon fighting?

No. You add 1.5 x your strength bonus to damage (instead of 1 x), and you can power attack for 2 x your attack penalty (again, instead of 1 x). You can also TWF with a weapon held in both hands, plus armor spikes, but that's all.

What makes you think you could?

Maxymiuk
2007-03-11, 08:33 PM
Holding a one-handed weapon in two hands counts as two-handed fighting, unless the weapon in question is also a light weapon.

Holding a two-handed weapon counts as two-weapon fighting only if the weapon in question is a double weapon.

silentknight
2007-03-11, 11:40 PM
Two-Weapon Fighting means holding one weapon in each hand (for a creature with only two hands) or holding a double weapon with both hands.

Two-handed fighting means using both hands to wield a single weapon.