PDA

View Full Version : Gramaric Dragons

Ruethgar
2014-09-18, 11:35 AM
I was making a custom dragon race via PunPun on a kobold, perusing my various books on dragons for inspiration, when I found my old Book of Dragons from Mongoose Publishing, it has a lot of cool ideas in it, but far too little in the way of crunch. One of the things I liked were the desolations, where the dragon physically alters a land just by living there, but the distance covered on a kobold based dragon was too much and the perpetual weather conditions seemed a little powerful for a small dragon to be able to produce. So instead of a desolation I decided to give it Geoccultist (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?291019-By-the-Inferior-Science-of-our-Enemies-Gramarie-Mark-II&p=15557399#post15557399) principles based on HD instead of a desolation based on age. They would get them at will but they would cause fatigue/exhaustion/daze with use but also not cost materials. They would only get a select few versions based on type, for example Blue kobold dragons would get GEOC 101(Iron) to make deserts, Green would get GEOC 101(Copper) for forests etc.

I was wanting the opinion of the playground on how powerful this would be or whether you guys find it as interesting a concept as I.