PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Optimizing my Battle Cleric

Drackstin
2014-09-18, 03:10 PM
For a Pathfinder Society game ill be joining i decided to make a CN Human Battle Cleric of Rovagug.
Domains: Chaos (Demon,protean), Destruction.
Variant channeling Weather.

Stats: 18 str, 12 dex, 14 con, 10 int, 14 wis, 8 chr. (+2 str from human), +2 str from levels and +1 wis when leveling not added.

levels: Cleric 1/ barb 2/ cleric to 12

feats: i only have 7 feats to use, and i don't know what to pick, so ill just post what i like.

Power Attack, Improved bull rush, greater bull rush, bull rush strike, merciless rush, smash flat, channel smite, improved critical, Furious Focus, Dreadful Carnage, improved initiative.

please help me optimize this. i will starting at level one and will be using a battle axe for the first level until i take barbarian and i can use a nodachi. i don't know what traits i should pick. battle wrath looks good, and i was thinking the one that gives me +2 to CL. also i have no idea what variant or alternate class or race features are good for this.

avr
2014-09-19, 04:59 AM
First off, which books do you have? PFS only lets you use rules from books you own.

Fate's Favored & Magical Lineage would be the obvious traits to get.

Channelling feats may be a little less than optimal considering you only get 2 channels/day at an 8 CHA.

With mostly Cleric BAB you'll be waiting quite some time to get feats with high BAB requirements. You won't ever have BAB higher than +8 with this character in PFS, forget the feats with higher requirements.

IMO overrun is a more useful combat maneuver than bull rush, with a similar flavour. You might prefer maneuvers in this line. Spiked Destroyer is a useful feat with either.

I think you have the names wrong for some of your wishlist of feats, I don't recognise all of them.

Drackstin
2014-09-19, 07:39 AM
First off, which books do you have? PFS only lets you use rules from books you own.

Fate's Favored & Magical Lineage would be the obvious traits to get.

Channelling feats may be a little less than optimal considering you only get 2 channels/day at an 8 CHA.

With mostly Cleric BAB you'll be waiting quite some time to get feats with high BAB requirements. You won't ever have BAB higher than +8 with this character in PFS, forget the feats with higher requirements.

IMO overrun is a more useful combat maneuver than bull rush, with a similar flavour. You might prefer maneuvers in this line. Spiked Destroyer is a useful feat with either.

I think you have the names wrong for some of your wishlist of feats, I don't recognise all of them.

the only feat on my wishlist that was wrong was smash flat, it should be squashed flat. other then that i took out channeling and the one high BAB feat i could not take. i looked at those traits and i don't really like them at all. i wont have any metamagic feats and no luck rolls so they both do nothing. i do like spiked destroyer and im going to swap it out for something else. the one thing i don't like about overrun is it states in the rules the opponent can chose to just move out of your way, in the case all your feats do nothing. im sticking with bull rush since my god gives feats for it.

as for books, i have inner sea gods, and i will be getting the books i need after i make my char.

Human bonus feat: Improved bull rush
First level Feat: Power Attack
Third level Feat: Spiked Destroyer
Fifth level Feat: Merciless rush
Seventh level Feat: Squash Flat
Ninth level Feat: Greater bull rush
Eleventh level Feat: improved critical

avr
2014-09-19, 08:06 AM
the only feat on my wishlist that was wrong was smash flat, it should be squashed flat.
Upon checking Merciless Rush does exist. Learn a new thing every day.

other then that i took out channeling and the one high BAB feat i could not take. i looked at those traits and i don't really like them at all. i wont have any metamagic feats and no luck rolls so they both do nothing.
I'd meant Knack not Lineage, my mistake there too. But luck rolls? Fate's Favored improves the bonus from some standard buffs such as Divine Favor and some magic items.

i do like spiked destroyer and im going to swap it out for something else. the one thing i don't like about overrun is it states in the rules the opponent can chose to just move out of your way, in the case all your feats do nothing. im sticking with bull rush since my god gives feats for it.
Improved Overrun removes the opponents' option to move out of the way. Down the overrun track there's a nice feat to aim for in Vicious Stomp ... but the feats you qualify for via your god (& which are new to me) are fairly good too.

Have fun crushing your enemies!

Drackstin
2014-09-19, 08:52 AM
Upon checking Merciless Rush does exist. Learn a new thing every day.

I'd meant Knack not Lineage, my mistake there too. But luck rolls? Fate's Favored improves the bonus from some standard buffs such as Divine Favor and some magic items.

Improved Overrun removes the opponents' option to move out of the way. Down the overrun track there's a nice feat to aim for in Vicious Stomp ... but the feats you qualify for via your god (& which are new to me) are fairly good too.

Have fun crushing your enemies!

thank you for the information, ill look into the fate's favored and what spells i get, since this is for a PFS char im not sure how much magic items will come into play.