PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Kitsune brawler? Kitsune brawle!

Rickshaw
2014-09-18, 04:41 PM
Looking for some feedback on a half finished build.

Since the ACG play test I have been raring to make a brawler. Well now I have a group, and the opportunity is here to play one and I realized I wanted to use my favorite fluffed race - kitsune (blame inuyasha,) I love the magic tail feats, even though they take up nearly every feat slot- unless you have something like a brawler! Even better, since introducing the DM to flaws, I have more feats than ever!

So the general aim here was to make a character that was more useful than the average beatstick. I wanted to be able to back up the rogue (notorious for accidentally getting into fights while the party is 2 stairways and chasm away) as well as utilize wands to ease the burden on our casters and take advantage of that delicious -6 to CMD called ray of exhaustion! Also, since I'm doing all that I might as well be the party face.

Now I get that this isn't going to be the most munchkinned character ever and being grapple based I need to be wary of falling prey to the MAD Monk style of build, but I'd rather spend more time playing an odd off-the-wall character than arguing rules and ultimately getting abilities banned and making my DM all jaded and not lenient xD!

Anyways- on to the build!

At 25 point buy Im looking at
10 str, 18 dex, 14 con, 10 int, 8 wis, 16 cha

The traits should be no surprise,
Dangerously Curious: for wands
Finding your kin: because I need hp and skill points both!

Taking a few alternate racial traits (yes 3rd party is allowed, I told you this DM was awesome!)

Naturized because sometimes you just don't want to stand out, humans can be weird like that.

Natural finesse because sometimes I'd rather punch a gibbering mouthed in the face than hug it and let it give me sloppy kisses.

Now the most of the skills I'm leaning towards should be obvious

Stealth, UMD, perception, but then I'm left with disguise because I like the flavor, and choosing between intimidate, diplomacy, or bluff. Bluff fits the flavor, and so does intimidate, and I'm getting magic tail benefits so I may not need anything but intimidate because sometimes scaring the piss out of people leads to hilarious consequences.

Flaws : unreactive and inattentive, again blame inuyasha

The feats are as follows.
Lvl 1: fox shape, agile maneuvers, improved grapple
And then from then on out magic tail for level up feats.

As far as the bonus feats go:
Combat reflexes- because nothing is as fun as tripping multiple people when it ain't your turn.
The whole grabbing style feat line - as above, but with grabbing them by the throat
And then...I'm out of ideas. Combat patrol or Rapid grappler maybe? Counterpunch? Fleet?!?

But the whole premise of this character is of course, the wands. At low levels I'll probably be stuck with just a touch of fatigue wand and then grapple into some manacles and look for my next victim.

jjcrpntr
2014-09-18, 06:19 PM
So you want to be able to beat the hell out of people in a fight but use devices to ease the burden on your teammates.... You want to be batman with a tail?

Rickshaw
2014-09-18, 08:00 PM
Huh. I hadn't thought about it, but yeah that fits huh. I figure at lvl one I have a little less than 50% chance to activate, but I don't really need a wand at that lvl anyways...

Psyren
2014-09-18, 09:42 PM
I'd say - get an agile amulet of mighty fists asap or your damage is going to be pretty abysmal.

Also I would personally keep the bite and take the WF feat normally. Natural weapons are not easy to come by.