PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Infinite Turn/Rebuke Undead Uses?

Osiris
2014-09-18, 07:33 PM
I was wondering if there was a way to get infinite Turn/Rebuke Undead uses. I plan on using rebuke Undead with Healing Blast for a warlock, so I wondered if infinite Rebukes were possible.
What can you dig up?

sideswipe
2014-09-19, 04:41 AM
without pun pun level shenanigans of creating abilities, no defiantly not.

closest is near infinite wealth and nightsticks.

Silva Stormrage
2014-09-19, 05:30 AM
without pun pun level shenanigans of creating abilities, no defiantly not.

closest is near infinite wealth and nightsticks.

Incorrect.

Vestiges, in this case Tenebrous. A 4th level vestige gives turn/rebuke undead once every five rounds an unlimited amount of time per day.

georgie_leech
2014-09-19, 05:32 AM
Incorrect.

Vestiges, in this case Tenebrous. A 4th level vestige gives turn/rebuke undead once every five rounds an unlimited amount of time per day.

In other words, endless Rebuke uses is possible (even simple), but at-will is significantly harder.

sideswipe
2014-09-19, 05:36 AM
Incorrect.

i am proved incorrect.

i assumed that because i have never heard of it in conjunction with the infinite threads about DMM persist i missed it.
plus it doesn't really work with that....

Silva Stormrage
2014-09-19, 05:48 AM
i am proved incorrect.

i assumed that because i have never heard of it in conjunction with the infinite threads about DMM persist i missed it.
plus it doesn't really work with that....

Agreed, it takes 3 feats or several levels in binder to pull it off so its not really feasible for most builds and for DMM persist. So its a pretty easy thing to miss.

But Bind Vestige, Improved Bind Vestige and improved binding gets you the ability to bind 4th level vestiges. And the bind vestige tables don't state what ability you get (As it didn't realize you could get that high) so your dm decides what ability you get. You could probably convince him to let you if all you are using for it is the healing blast though.

Gemini476
2014-09-19, 07:25 AM
Agreed, it takes 3 feats or several levels in binder to pull it off so its not really feasible for most builds and for DMM persist. So its a pretty easy thing to miss.

But Bind Vestige, Improved Bind Vestige and improved binding gets you the ability to bind 4th level vestiges. And the bind vestige tables don't state what ability you get (As it didn't realize you could get that high) so your dm decides what ability you get. You could probably convince him to let you if all you are using for it is the healing blast though.

..That's not how Improved Binding works.

Prerequisite
Intimidate 4 ranks, Soul binding,

Benefit
Your effective binder level is 2 higher than normal for the purpose of determining the level of vestige you can bind. This benefit does not increase your binder level in any other circumstance.

Even if you could qualify for it with Bind Vestige, you'd only count as a 2nd-level Binder. And you don't qualify since you don't have Soul Binding.

Talionis
2014-09-19, 07:43 AM
Anima Mage could be used to advance Warlock. I know you don't need many levels of Binder, but I can't remember how hard Anima Mage is to get into, it might be worth a couple levels.

The other reason Binding Tenebrous isn't mentioned on DMM threads is its only one use of Rebuke Undead every five turns and you are often burning multiple turn attempts with DMM so it really only lowers the requirements by one per DMM.

Silva Stormrage
2014-09-19, 07:59 AM
..That's not how Improved Binding works.

Even if you could qualify for it with Bind Vestige, you'd only count as a 2nd-level Binder. And you don't qualify since you don't have Soul Binding.

You would think that and that is the intent so I wouldn't fault any DM for ruling that.

Except here is my argument against that.

The bind vestige feat mentions, "The vestige is bound to your soul by the pact. It can not be targeted or expelled by any means except the Expel Vestige feat".

The expel vestige feat has the prerequisite of soul binding thus confirming that the bind vestige feat qualifies as soul binding (Note for prerequisites it doesn't state "Soul binding class feature" just "Soul Binding").

The improved bind vestige feat lets you count as a 5th level binder.

The improved binding feat lets you count as 2 levels higher for what vestiges you qualify for. Thus 5+2 = 7 for 4th level vestiges.

You can argue that the text I quoted in the bind vestige feat doesn't explicitly make soul binding = bind vestige feat for prerequisites sake. But since the expel vestige feat can ONLY be used on yourself it makes the line make no sense otherwise.

Osiris
2014-09-19, 07:03 PM
Ahh, there goes infinite healing at range (see the OP in case you missed it).
Thanks anyway.

atemu1234
2014-09-19, 07:31 PM
incorrect.

Vestiges, in this case tenebrous. A 4th level vestige gives turn/rebuke undead once every five rounds an unlimited amount of time per day.

not infinite!1!

1/5 rounds means 2 per minute, 120 per hour, and 2880 times per day.