PDA

View Full Version : Optimization "Master Sword" of the Nine Swords (Weapon of Legacy help)

Yael
2014-09-19, 03:56 AM
I am trying to figure a way to create the ultimate legacy weapon (as per the Tome of Battle: The Book of Nine Swords), trying to be a mingle or at least to cover that what the nine swords already do. So, the nine swords are: Desert Wind's "Desert Wind" (+1 Scimitar), Devoted Spirit's "Faithful Avenger" (+1 Cold Iron Falchion), Diamond Mind's "Supernal Clarity" (+1 Rapier), Iron Heart's "Kamate" (+1 Bastard Sword), Setting Sun's "Eventide's Edge" (+1 Mithral Short Sword), Shadow Hand's "Umbral Awn" (+1 Dagger), Stone Dragon's "Unfettered" (+1 Greatsword), Tiger Claw's "Tiger Fang" (+1 Kukri), and White Raven's "Blade of the Last Citadel" (Adamantine Longsword). The swords are supposed to be a paragon of their respective disciplines, so I wanted to create a sole weapon which represents the peak of mastery between the nine swords (of course, that will be wielded by a Master of Nine.)

Based on the Weapons of Legacy, which weapon could fit the "peak of mastery" between the nine disciplines? What kind of abilities should it have? Have this been done before?

dysprosium
2014-09-19, 09:50 AM
I'm away from books at the moment so I don't recall what all of the individual swords do.

But as a suggestion for the master sword itself I think one of the magical properties should be morphing so that it could mimic the sword style for a particular discipline.

For example:
Using a Tiger Claw maneuver--change into kukri.
Using a Stone Dragon stance--change into greatsword.
and so on.

So as the Master of Nine changes styles, his weapon changes as well.

Mr Adventurer
2014-09-19, 10:24 AM
Agreed, preferably Metalline as well. Also it should be intelligent enough to be in telepathic contact with the wielder, so it can sense when he needs it to change and do so of its own volition, without requiring the wielder to take an action.

Cavir
2014-09-19, 11:52 AM
So as the Master of Nine changes styles, his weapon changes as well.
If he has Warblade's Weapon Aptitude, have all feats that work with it be just as fluid. Or, give it regardless of having that ability.

If you want to have lesser and greater versions of the morphing:
Lesser: morphs based on stance
Greater: morphs based on maneuver or stance

Yael
2014-09-19, 04:05 PM
Nice ideas! :D
I will work on the final proyect, and post it here, I'll try to have it be a cool concept/product.

Snowbluff
2014-09-19, 04:31 PM
You'll want to copy the Everchanging Sword in Underdark. It would be able to become any kind of weapon. Useful, since morphing can't change the category.

Azoth
2014-09-19, 05:02 PM
I can also see using the discipline enchantment. It is a +1 ability that gives a +3 to hit whenever the wielder is in a stance or uses a maneuver from the discipline it is keyed to. Maybe come up with a master enchantment that does this for each style used in combination without requiring multiple instances of the enchantment. This would give the wielder bigger bonuses to hit an enemy the more styles he blended into a single attack.

It would range from +3(single strike or stance) to +12(boost, strike, dual stance active) to hit depending on how many styles he used.