PDA

View Full Version : Computer Champions Online: Hey, we finally got some new content!

Ogremindes
2014-09-19, 05:37 AM
Since I know there's a handful of playgrounders that used to play Champions Online, I thought I'd bring it up again now it's getting a bit of love. "Steel Crusade" just came out, with a new mission chain, some really well done new dungeons and a 3-man boss fight against one of the setting's iconic villains: Mechanon. There's also a new free archetype for players that hit level 40 (and if you hit 40 in that, you unlock a few new powers if you have freeform), and new costumes that can be earned by doing the new missions (over and over, but it's an MMO, what do you expect?).

Also, this weekend is the annual destroid invasion, with world bosses to fight every hour. Apparently Mechanon is going to shake this up a bit this year.

If you don't know, Champions is a superhero MMO based on the venerable Champions PnP setting. Its main selling points are very high levels of visual customization (a lot of it's locked until you finish the tutorial, mind), and, should you subscribe or buy freeform slots, classless character creation (otherwise you pick from classes called archetypes). It's a game I keep coming back to, even though the bulk of the content is rather stale.