PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Tweak my build. Battle Cleric

Drackstin
2014-09-19, 10:04 AM
So im starting a pathfinder society game soon with some of my friends, i have almost everything ironed out for my char but since i have never played Pathfinder before i need some advice. here is my build.

CN Human Battle Cleric of Rovagug. Cleric1/barbarian2/Cleric to 10
Domains: Chaos (Demon,protean), Destruction.
Variant channeling Weather.
Stats: 18 str, 12 dex, 14 con, 10 int, 14 wis, 8 chr. (+2 str from human) +STR at 4 and 8, +WIS at 12
Traits: Bestial wrath, Magical Knack.
1st, Aura, channel energy 1d6, domains, orisons, spontaneous casting, Improved bull rush, Power Attack
2nd, Fast movement, rage
3rd, Kockback (Ex), uncanny dodge, Spiked Destroyer
4th
5th, Channel energy 2d6, Merciless rush
6th,
7th, Channel energy 3d6, Squash Flat
8th,
9th, Channel energy 4d6, Greater bull rush
10th,
11th, Channel energy 5d6, Improved Critical
12th,

Since never played Pathfinder before so i have a few questions. first off, with variant channeling it says it cuts the channeling dice in half, and the weather variant stats harm- deals half channel damage as sonic or electric, so if i normally channel 4d6 is this only doing 1d6+1d6sonic or 2d6+2d6 sonic?

Next im not really sold on the trait Bestial wrath, it sounds amazing, and i will be using a 18-20 crit weapon. but would something be better, like +1 to ac or +2 initiative?

next im not sure if Greater bull rush is worth it, i am making a bull rush build, but the Furious Focus sounds like it might be better, since i only really get one attack per round unless im level +8, the other thing im not sure about with this is, how my feats will stack.

So far i think it will work as this charge +bull rush +kock back damage+ spike destroyer damage +merciless rush damage +trip +aoo, if level 8 or higher i can attack again or bull rush again, not sure this is right.

any advice.

grarrrg
2014-09-19, 08:35 PM
any advice.

Yes.
Please stick to one thread per topic.
It's disorienting (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?372583-Pathfinder-Society-legal-Optimization-cleric-witch-gunslinger) to open three different (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?372641-Optimizing-my-Battle-Cleric) threads all regarding the same thing.

Drackstin
2014-09-19, 10:52 PM
Thank you for posting, although the post are similar, each one was different, first was ideas to start with, second was ruling about the choices. Also I know that double posting to renew a post is frowned apond. So instead of bringing back a dead post by posting things that don't protian to the OP, I made a new post with not asked questions and new information. Thus justifing a new post. I would like answers if any for what I posted, not opinions about me posting too much. Thank you.

grarrrg
2014-09-19, 11:47 PM
although the post are similar, each one was different, first was ideas to start with, second was ruling about the choices.

Not that different.
The first was "help optimize these characters, including my cleric".
The second was "help optimize this cleric".
And now we are up to "tweaking this cleric".
I fail to see the massive difference between "optimize" and "tweak".

Also I know that double posting to renew a post is frowned apond. So instead of bringing back a dead post by posting things that don't protian to the OP, I made a new post with not asked questions and new information.

Your "dead post" as you put it, had received a reply less than _2_ hours before you made this new thread. I know this forum moves fast at times, but _TWO_ hours is NOT old, nor is it "dead".
Give it a bit. People tend to have thing during the day, such as school and work. Give people an actual chance to reply to things.
And while 'bumping' an (actually) old post is semi-frowned upon, no one would fault you for bumping a post after a day or two, so long as you don't constantly bump it.

Patience is a virtue.