PDA

View Full Version : Some Leaked Monster Manual Pictures

CyberThread
2014-09-19, 07:20 PM
http://imgur.com/a/wzipN

Looks like some leaked ones, legit?

Rfkannen
2014-09-19, 07:38 PM
Woot lycantrhopes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Envyus
2014-09-19, 08:05 PM
http://m.imgur.com/a/wzipN

Looks like some leaked ones, legit?

I recognize the pages they legit.

Jacob.Tyr
2014-09-19, 09:44 PM
Got my copy of the MM today, went to the flgs to grab a copy of Hoard of the Dragon Queen and they had just gotten them in. Been reading through it for awhile and it is damned awesome. The art is fantastic. Sadly, Tarrasque is entirely what we saw before via leaks, and I have some issues with their take on Gnoll lore.

Is this stuff still considered leaks at this point?

Bayonet Priest
2014-09-19, 10:13 PM
I have some issues with their take on Gnoll lore.

What's their Gnoll lore like?

Jacob.Tyr
2014-09-20, 10:17 AM
What's their Gnoll lore like?
Basically, Yeenoghu came to the material plane to run around killing things, and hyenas that followed behind him turned into gnolls. They're just demonic hyena people, and can turn hyenas into gnolls. Not really a race, just straight up monsters now.

Dralnu
2014-09-20, 11:41 AM
Scarecrow doesn't have some sort of fear ability?

Jacob.Tyr
2014-09-20, 11:56 AM
Scarecrow doesn't have some sort of fear ability?

Terrifying Glare. The scarecrow targets one creature it can see within 30 feet of it. If the target can see the scarecrow, the target must succeed on a DC 11 wisdom saving throw or be frightened until the end of the scarecrow's next turn. The frightened target is paralyzed.

Page is cut off before that bit.

CyberThread
2014-09-20, 12:02 PM
Basically, Yeenoghu came to the material plane to run around killing things, and hyenas that followed behind him turned into gnolls. They're just demonic hyena people, and can turn hyenas into gnolls. Not really a race, just straight up monsters now.

or you know.... creation myth

Jacob.Tyr
2014-09-20, 12:06 PM
or you know.... creation myth
Well, except he explicitly has "chosen ones", and creatures that eat things killed by his chosen are twisted by demonic influence and warp into gnolls.

There's also the description of gnoll personalities: "No goodness or compassion resides in the heart of a gnoll. Like a demon, it lacks anything resembling a conscience, and can't be taught or coerced to put aside its destructive tendencies."