PDA

View Full Version : How do I tell if a name is available?

Togath
2014-09-19, 07:39 PM
As the title, I'm having trouble finding out if specific user names are being used.
I'd been considering making a name change request, but wanted to make sure I was actually requesting usable name.

Amidus Drexel
2014-09-19, 07:42 PM
As the title, I'm having trouble finding out if specific user names are being used.
I'd been considering making a name change request, but wanted to make sure I was actually requesting usable name.

I would suggest searching the list of users for the name you want, but there may be other ways.

NerdyKris
2014-09-19, 07:56 PM
Why don't you simply make the request? They'll tell you if it's not possible.

Roland St. Jude
2014-09-19, 08:36 PM
Sheriff: I assume that you have this functionality, but if not PM me. Toward the top of the screen is a row of options starting with "Forum Home" and "New Posts." The fifth one in is a drop down menu called "Community" and the second item under that is "Member List." Click on "Member List." On that page on the left side of the page is a link for "Search Members." Click "Search Members" and it'll give you small window underneath with a field to type in a name you'd like to search for. Type in the name and click the "Search" button.

That should get you the information you need, if not, PM me and I can look into it further.