PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class Gitp Makes: The Havoc [3.5]

Teapot Salty
2014-09-19, 09:54 PM
Hey guys. So from the relative success of Gitp makes: The Gladiator (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?371056-Gitp-Makes-The-Gladiator-3-5) (it's still in the works as of right now, but I like the way it's shaping up) I decided that we should make another class, with rules as fallows:

We will be making a class based around the concept of "fierce warrior," making a martial class with a ferocious fighting style. Depending on when you posted, you will contribute something different:

1st: Name of class
2nd: Fluff
3rd: Base attack bonus, hit dice and saves
4th: Skills and skill points
5th: Primary abilities for class (I.E. Str/Dex/Wis, Dex/Int/Cha, Con/Int etc.)
6th and every poster thereafter: Class Features.

And that is all. Let's make a great class everybody!

-------------------------------

Throughout history, war and peace ebb and flow like a great tidal rhythm, washing away lives and cultures and worlds in its wake. In some cases, the crushing currents and riptides of battle cross over from thought to physicality, rushing invisibly through the planet and pooling in places that will one day become sites for the Multiverse's most grand and terrible battlefields. Even more rarely, a stream might pass through a living thing, leaving its pool not in the earth, but in the soul of a creature, carving no less devastating a scar. These are the Havocs, unto living ley-lines of carnage, from which the chaos and bloodshed of battle flows like a rising tide, poisoning those around them, sweeping their peace and their rationality away, and leaving eternal soldiers who live for nothing but the next battle.

That was... Poetic

Alignment Any non-lawful

Class Information:

Hit dice: 1d10+ Constitution Modifier

Proficient with all simple and two martial weapons of the havoc's choice, light and medium armor and light shields.

Abilities: As a melee combatant, a Havoc should want a high strength score, or if they chose to fight ranged, a high dexterity score. Wisdom fuels many of the Havoc's class features, and all Havoc's may benefit from a high constitution score.

Skills: 6+int modifier(*4 at first level)

Base Attack Bonus
Fortitude
Reflex
Will
Special

+1
+2
+2
+0
Plunder of War
Embody The Maelstrom

+2
+3
+3
+0
Fed Through Slaughter

+3
+3
+3
+1

+4
+4
+4
+1
Spread the Storm

+5
+4
+4
+1
Consult The Bones
Blood Rush

+6/+1
+5
+5
+2
Panic The Prey

+7/+2
+5
+5
+2

+8/+3
+6
+6
+2
Drink The Blood

+9/+4
+6
+6
+3

+10/+5
+7
+7
+3

+11/+6/+1
+7
+7
+3
Feast Upon Form

+12/+7/+2
+8
+8
+4

+13/+8/+3
+8
+8
+4

+14/+9/+4
+9
+9
+4

+15/+10/+5
+9
+9
+5

+16/+11/+6/+1
+10
+10
+5

+17/+12/+7/+2
+10
+10
+5

+18/+12/+8/+3
+11
+11
+6

+19/+14/+9/+4
+11
+11
+6

+20/+15/+10/+5
+12
+12
+6

Plunder of War (Ex): The Havoc is not, in its heart, a soldier; he is the fear and valor that erupts in a soldier's heart when the horns cry for battle, he is the thunder of metal on metal and boots on crimson earth, and he is the tide of conquest that pillages and plunders from the weak and arms the strong with that which their might has rightfully gained.

After slaying an enemy with a CR greater than or equal to (the Havoc's character level - 1) with a melee attack, the Havoc may spend a free action to extract a grisly trophy from the fallen foe. In doing so, the Havoc permanently gains a skill as a class skill, which must be a skill the slain enemy had at least as many ranks invested in as their Hit Dice total. All skill points that the Havoc had invested in that skill are refunded, but they must then spend as many of the refunded skill points as possible to purchase ranks in that skill (at the new, improved exchange rate of a class skill). If they have skill points left over, they may spend them on different skills upon gaining their next level.

If the Havoc adorns themselves with a grisly trophy that they have extracted via this ability, they gain a +2 circumstance bonus to the skill that they gained as a class skill by acquiring it.

Once a Havoc has at least three martial weapon proficiencies from plunder of war he is treated as if he was proficient with all martial weapons for the purpose of prerequisites.

(For example, a level 3 Havoc with 6 skill points invested in Spellcraft, and therefore 3 ranks, fights a level 2 Warlock cultist. He drops the Cultist with a swing of his sword, and uses a free action to slice the Warlock's hands clean off, and nail them to the shoulder-plate of his armor. The Warlock had at least 2 ranks in Spellcraft, so the Havoc chooses to take Spellcraft as a Class Skill. His six skill points are refunded, which he must then re-spend into the Spellcraft skill, now having 6 ranks in it. As long as he proudly displays these severed hands on his person, he also gains a +2 circumstance bonus on Spellcraft checks.)

Embody the Maelstrom (Ex): A Havoc may draw on the metaphysical wound in the universe that dwells in their soul for a certain number of rounds each day, entering a war-crazed frenzy. While the Havoc is so frenzied, they gain a +2 bonus to Strength or Dexterity (chosen upon beginning the frenzy), and a +2 bonus to Wisdom, but are especially susceptible to effects which would channel this frenzy in different directions. Any save against effects which would force the Havoc to act offensively towards anything are made at a -2 penalty. A Havoc in a frenzy may not willingly choose to end a round without either taking an offensive action or moving towards a foe with the intent to take an offensive action - if there are no foes nearby, the Frenzy immediately ends.

A Havoc may Frenzy for a number of rounds equal to half their Havoc levels (minimum 1) + their Wisdom modifier, per day. Should a Havoc run out of rounds of Frenzy, they may opt to feed the maelstrom in their souls, extending the frenzy for one round, but taking 1d6 damage. A Havoc who kills an opponent while frenzied gains 1d2+1/2 Wis mod (min 1) rounds of Frenzy back - this cannot increase the Havoc's available rounds per day past their normal maximum. A Havoc may both start and end a frenzy as a free action, but if they end a frenzy before an encounter has ended, it takes a toll to force themselves back into the state - each time a Havoc frenzies in a single encounter beyond the first time, they take 1d6 damage.

Fed Through Slaughter (Su): War isn't a place for lesser hungers; it's a place of brutal consumption and stark thirsts.

At 2nd level, the Havoc gains Pick from the Body as a bonus feat, regardless of their Alignment. They may chose to fillet and prepare the corpse for later consumption, granting them one Ration.

A Ration is a packet of the choicer sweetmeats and viscera of the victim; it weighs 1 lb, and lasts one week before rotting entirely. Before this point, the Havoc may consume the Ration as if it were the original creature for the purposes of the Pick from the Body feat, except the time necessary to consume the "body" is counted in rounds rather than minutes.

At 5th level, and every 3 levels thereafter, the Havoc gains one of the following feats as a bonus feat, regardless of their Alignment: Consult the Bones, Drink of the Blood, Feast Upon Form

Spread the Storm (Ex): At 4th level, a Havoc's Frenzy becomes infectious. Whenever a Havoc begins a frenzy or kills a foe, they may frenzy allies or enrage foes at the cost of their own rounds per day. In order to do so, a Havoc expends any number of turns of frenzy, divided up among as many allies or enemies (within 30 feet) as he chooses, but not both at one time. Allies may freely accept or refuse this frenzy; enemies must succeed at a Will save or become Enraged. The save DC is equal to 10 + 1/2 the character's levels in havoc + their Wisdom modifier. Allies who become frenzied receive the exact same bonuses and penalties as the Havoc. Enemies who become Enraged instead gain +4 strength and are compelled to strike at anything within reach, be it friend or foe. They will attack the nearest living target in the most lethal manner they are capable of that does not expend limited resources - a character with Power Attack will use the feat, for instance, but Initiators will not use Maneuvers and spellcasters will not expend spells.

These effects last for as many rounds as the Havoc expends, decided on a per target basis. For instance, a level 5 Havoc with a +4 Wisdom modifier has 6 rounds of Frenzy available to them. They may choose to Frenzy and grant two allies two rounds of Frenzy each, or grant one ally 5 rounds of Frenzy, or Frenzy and Enrage one enemy for 3 rounds, or any other combination imaginable. Allies who refuse (or prematurely end) their Frenzies return unexpended rounds to the Havoc, but enemies who succeed on their Will saves still 'consume' the Frenzy directed at them.

For purposes of resistances and immunity's, this counts a mind affecting affect.

Blood Rush (Su): Once a day, and once more for every 3 levels after 5th, a 5th level Havoc may convert his body into pure rage, surging through an enemy within 50ft of him. As a move action, you may move through an enemy and cause 1d4 CON Damage as you displace the insides of their body. You may move through multiple enemies if they are in a straight line and are within 10 ft of each other. If there is no more enemies, the surge ends.

Panic the Prey (Ex): Once a day, and every 3 levels after 6th. At the beginning of combat, a 6th level Havoc may let out a bloodcurdling cry, making all nearby opponents flat footed, regardless of initiative. This uses an immediate action.

At 12th level, when a Havoc attempts to spread their Frenzy towards a hostile target with immunity to mind-affecting effects, they may make an opposed Wisdom check in order to overcome the immunity. Both the Havoc and their target add their HD to this check. If the Havoc is successful, the target's immunity is breached and the full duration of rage is inflicted on them. The target's immunity is not suppressed, however, and still functions against all other mind-affecting effects. If the Havoc attempts to extend the rage, or to affect the same target again after the initial rage has worn off, they must succeed on another opposed Wisdom check.

umbrapolaris
2014-09-19, 10:03 PM
1- The Havoc

Xefas
2014-09-19, 10:33 PM
2nd: Fluff

Throughout history, war and peace ebb and flow like a great tidal rhythm, washing away lives and cultures and worlds in its wake. In some cases, the crushing currents and riptides of battle cross over from thought to physicality, rushing invisibly through the planet and pooling in places that will one day become sites for the Multiverse's most grand and terrible battlefields. Even more rarely, a stream might pass through a living thing, leaving its pool not in the earth, but in the soul of a creature, carving no less devastating a scar. These are the Havocs, unto living ley-lines of carnage, from which the chaos and bloodshed of battle flows like a rising tide, poisoning those around them, sweeping their peace and their rationality away, and leaving eternal soldiers who live for nothing but the next battle.

copycatcat
2014-09-19, 10:57 PM
Full BAB
d10 HD
Good Fortitude and Reflex

Amechra
2014-09-19, 11:53 PM
Skill Points per Level: 6 + Int

Class Skills: A Havoc has no class skills (but see Plunder of War).

They have no class skills - only the skills they can kill for.

Teapot Salty
2014-09-20, 12:02 AM
Skill Points per Level: 6 + Int

Class Skills: A Havoc has no class skills (but see Plunder of War).

They have no class skills - only the skills they can kill for.

(This does not count as a numbered post, continue as if this didn't exist)

Dude, what? If your referencing something can you send a link? Cause I don't get it.

Extra Anchovies
2014-09-20, 12:10 AM
I think Amechra's setting up for a class feature, something involving gaining class skills by killing people. I like the concept, but it's not up to me to determine.

Primary abilities: (highest) Str>Wis>Con/Dex>Int/Cha (lowest) for melee, Dex>Wis>Str/Con>Int/Cha for Ranged, or Wis>Str/Con>Dex>Int/Cha for Zen Archery builds. Strength and Dexterity are for normal combat stuff, as is Constitution. Class features will provide extra benefits for high Wisdom, but should still be usable without Wisdom (e.g. abilities usable 3+Wis times/day, or other things where Wisdom improves their abilities but isn't strictly necessary).

Why Wisdom? Although strategic planning is always important, the Havoc cannot simply access their innate powers by thinking hard about them. They win their fights through feats of great strength, guided by gut feelings and intuition. The life of a born warrior such as the Havoc leaves little time for social niceties; a veiled insult does not solve nearly as many problems as does a well-placed blow.

ETA: By the way, I'm very glad to see another one of these "GitP makes" threads; I hope they become a regular feature. I often don't have enough inspiration to come up with a class all on my own, but I can usually come up with at least a few things to contribute and these threads give me new ideas which end up developing too :smallbiggrin:

ezkajii
2014-09-20, 12:15 AM

Dude, what? If your referencing something can you send a link? Cause I don't get it.

Why does that post not count? And I think the idea is that Amechra is sort of introducing a new class feature by way of the class skill list, without fleshing it out yet - leaving that for someone else to do. But still relevant for the entry of Skill points.
Anyway, if Amechra's post counts and if this one does as well, I'll say that Strength and Intelligence are the primary abilities for the Havoc, followed closely by Constitution and Dex, as with any warrior, and Wisdom to make up the Will saves. Charisma is relatively unimportant to a Havoc's career. Strength, naturally, determines his combat effectiveness, and his intelligence bonus influences the scope of benefit gained from many class features.

Edit: Swordsage'd

Xefas
2014-09-20, 12:17 AM

Woah, that's pretty harsh. I think Amechra's idea is really clever and well within the spirit of the exercise. I got stoked for this class just reading it. Why should it be ignored?

Teapot Salty
2014-09-20, 12:17 AM
Why does that post not count? And I think the idea is that Amechra is sort of introducing a new class feature by way of the class skill list, without fleshing it out yet - leaving that for someone else to do. But still relevant for the entry of Skill points.
Anyway, if Amechra's post counts and if this one does as well, I'll say that Strength and Intelligence are the primary abilities for the Havoc, followed closely by Constitution and Dex, as with any warrior, and Wisdom to make up the Will saves. Charisma is relatively unimportant to a Havoc's career. Strength, naturally, determines his combat effectiveness, and his intelligence bonus influences the scope of benefit gained from many class features.

Edit: Swordsage'd

I'm saying that my post did not count, for the purposes of the post count, I.E the next poster would still do abilities. my apologizes for the confusion.

ezkajii
2014-09-20, 12:23 AM
Woah, that's pretty harsh. I think Amechra's idea is really clever and well within the spirit of the exercise. I got stoked for this class just reading it.

Me too! I've always loved the idea of stealing power from your victims. (in fiction! in fiction!) Also, at Teapot - Oh! That makes sense.

Teapot Salty
2014-09-20, 12:27 AM
Me too! I've always loved the idea of stealing power from your victims. (in fiction! in fiction!) Also, at Teapot - Oh! That makes sense.

Ya, I'm not about to shout no to a feature unless it's royally bad or trolly, in which case I'll probably give a suggestion for improvement, I just did not understand his feature. (Also, for this post and all to come, don't please count my posts as numbered posts for the thread unless I say otherwise, that should avoid confusion)

Xefas
2014-09-20, 12:44 AM
Are we to the class feature suggesting portion yet? Are we allowed to post multiple times?

If so, read the spoiler. If not, carry on. :smalltongue:

Plunder of War (Ex): The Havoc is not, in its heart, a soldier; he is the fear and valor that erupts in a soldier's heart when the horns cry for battle, he is the thunder of metal on metal and boots on crimson earth, and he is the tide of conquest that pillages and plunders from the weak and arms the strong with that which their might has rightfully gained.

After slaying an enemy with a CR greater than or equal to (the Havoc's character level - 1) with a melee attack, the Havoc may spend a free action to extract a grisly trophy from the fallen foe. In doing so, the Havoc permanently gains a skill as a class skill, which must be a skill the slain enemy had at least as many ranks invested in as their Hit Dice total. All skill points that the Havoc had invested in that skill are refunded, but they must then spend as many of the refunded skill points as possible to purchase ranks in that skill (at the new, improved exchange rate of a class skill). If they have skill points left over, they may spend them on different skills upon gaining their next level.

If the Havoc adorns themselves with a grisly trophy that they have extracted via this ability, they gain a +2 circumstance bonus to the skill that they gained as a class skill by acquiring it.

(For example, a level 3 Havoc with 6 skill points invested in Spellcraft, and therefore 3 ranks, fights a level 2 Warlock cultist. He drops the Cultist with a swing of his sword, and uses a free action to slice the Warlock's hands clean off, and nail them to the shoulder-plate of his armor. The Warlock had at least 2 ranks in Spellcraft, so the Havoc chooses to take Spellcraft as a Class Skill. His six skill points are refunded, which he must then re-spend into the Spellcraft skill, now having 6 ranks in it. As long as he proudly displays these severed hands on his person, he also gains a +2 circumstance bonus on Spellcraft checks.)

(Thoughts? Ideas for improvement?)

Extra Anchovies
2014-09-20, 01:19 AM
Are we to the class feature suggesting portion yet? Are we allowed to post multiple times?

If so, read the spoiler. If not, carry on. :smalltongue:

(Thoughts? Ideas for improvement?)

Hm. I like, I like. However, maybe the skills they can gain are limited to skills that the enemy used when in the presence of the Havoc, or used against the Havoc? For example, if someone tries to intimidate the Havoc and the Havoc them proceeds to tear that person's head off their shoulders, the Havoc can reassign ranks in intimidate; also, if someone successfully hides from the Havoc but the Havoc ends up eventually killing them (maybe in a later encounter), the Havoc can reassign ranks in Hide. Makes a little more sense in-universe (how would the Havoc know which skills an enemy had ranks in), and could be fluffed as the Havoc adapting by gaining the skills that his foes used against him. Makes it harder to get, say, Knowledge (Nobility and Royalty), but also lets them gain skills from defeating monsters (who often rely on racial bonuses rather than skill ranks).

ThisIsZen
2014-09-20, 02:03 AM
Provided it's alright to both suggest an amendment to an existing feature and suggest your own...

Amendment: Permit a Havoc to take a trophy from any creature they have personally killed, be it with a melee or ranged attack. The reasoning behind this is that Dexterity is suggested as a key ability for the Havoc - if melee against challenging foes is the only way for a Havoc to gain class skills, ranged Havocs will never actually gain any class skills.

A Havoc of any level may also choose to rip other aspects of their fallen foes from them, as they increase in potency themselves.

At level 1, instead of gaining a class skill from a fallen foe, a Havoc may elect to take as a trophy the victim's language. Select one language from among those known by the victim - you gain this as a bonus language, and if you display the trophy you have taken you gain a +1 bonus to all skill checks which involve speaking that language or are about that language. (Possible variant - only give bonuses to Intimidate, but should still be less than gaining a class skill trophy.) You may gain up to your Wisdom modifier languages as bonus languages through this method.

At level 5, instead of gaining a class skill from a fallen foe, a Havoc may elect to take as a trophy the victim's skill with weapons. Select one weapon proficiency from among the victim's proficiencies - you gain this proficiency. (For the purposes of this class feature, each item is considered a proficiency of its own. For instance, if a Havoc chose to obtain a martial weapon proficiency from this method, they would have to pick one martial weapon from among the weapons their victim was proficient in, rather than all martial weapons). Displaying this trophy gives a +1 bonus to attack roles with the chosen weapon. A Havoc may have one plundered proficiency per two levels of Havoc.

At level 10, instead of gaining a class skill from a fallen foe, a Havoc may elect to take as a trophy one of the victim's feats. Select one Combat feat from among the feats possessed by the victim - you gain this feat as a bonus feat, however if you do not meet the prerequisites you may not use this feat. If you display the trophy, you may instead use the feat, ignoring prereqs. A Havoc may only have one plundered feat at 10th level, and may gain another at 20th level. However, by discarding the trophy and replacing it with a new one, the Havoc may switch out these plundered feats.

At level 15, instead of gaining a class skill from a fallen foe, a Havoc may elect to take as a trophy one of the victim's abilities. Select one ability in which the victim has a modifier of at least +3 - you gain a permanent +2 bonus to this ability score so long as you proudly display the trophy from this conquest. Failing to display the trophy means you lose the benefit of the ability, and you may only have one plundered ability score.

Feel free to completely disregard this if it either skews the focus of the class away from the concept or is too powerful, but I felt like the ability to steal parts of your foes demanded some expansion. Was kinda tempted to allow the theft of spells as well, but I feel like without some really strong constraints this might result in Wish Havocs, which would be a tad silly.

As for my own contribution...

Embody the Maelstrom (Ex): A Havoc may draw on the metaphysical wound in the universe that dwells in their soul for a certain number of rounds each day, entering a war-crazed frenzy. While the Havoc is so frenzied, they gain a +2 bonus to Strength or Dexterity (chosen upon beginning the frenzy), and a +2 bonus to Wisdom, but are especially susceptible to effects which would channel this frenzy in different directions. Any save against effects which would force the Havoc to act offensively towards anything are made at a -2 penalty. A Havoc in a frenzy may not willingly choose to end a round without either taking an offensive action or moving towards a foe with the intent to take an offensive action - if there are no foes nearby, the Frenzy immediately ends.

A Havoc may Frenzy for a number of rounds equal to half their Havoc levels (minimum 1) + their Wisdom modifier, per day. Should a Havoc run out of rounds of Frenzy, they may opt to feed the maelstrom in their souls, extending the frenzy for one round, but taking 1d6 damage. A Havoc who kills an opponent while frenzied gains 1d2+1/2 Wis mod (min 1) rounds of Frenzy back - this cannot increase the Havoc's available rounds per day past their normal maximum. A Havoc may both start and end a frenzy as a free action, but if they end a frenzy before an encounter has ended, it takes a toll to force themselves back into the state - each time a Havoc frenzies in a single encounter beyond the first time, they take 1d6 damage.

This may need retooling either up or down, not sure, but I have another idea for a class feature to add which will build on this. I'll wait until someone else posts, though, just so I'm not monopolizing the class. Open to critiques, suggestions, or just outright rewrites.

Extra Anchovies
2014-09-20, 09:00 AM
Provided it's alright to both suggest an amendment to an existing feature and suggest your own...

Amendment: Permit a Havoc to take a trophy from any creature they have personally killed, be it with a melee or ranged attack. The reasoning behind this is that Dexterity is suggested as a key ability for the Havoc - if melee against challenging foes is the only way for a Havoc to gain class skills, ranged Havocs will never actually gain any class skills.

A Havoc of any level may also choose to rip other aspects of their fallen foes from them, as they increase in potency themselves.

At level 1, instead of gaining a class skill from a fallen foe, a Havoc may elect to take as a trophy the victim's language. Select one language from among those known by the victim - you gain this as a bonus language, and if you display the trophy you have taken you gain a +1 bonus to all skill checks which involve speaking that language or are about that language. (Possible variant - only give bonuses to Intimidate, but should still be less than gaining a class skill trophy.) You may gain up to your Wisdom modifier languages as bonus languages through this method.

At level 5, instead of gaining a class skill from a fallen foe, a Havoc may elect to take as a trophy the victim's skill with weapons. Select one weapon proficiency from among the victim's proficiencies - you gain this proficiency. (For the purposes of this class feature, each item is considered a proficiency of its own. For instance, if a Havoc chose to obtain a martial weapon proficiency from this method, they would have to pick one martial weapon from among the weapons their victim was proficient in, rather than all martial weapons). Displaying this trophy gives a +1 bonus to attack roles with the chosen weapon. A Havoc may have one plundered proficiency per two levels of Havoc.

At level 10, instead of gaining a class skill from a fallen foe, a Havoc may elect to take as a trophy one of the victim's feats. Select one Combat feat from among the feats possessed by the victim - you gain this feat as a bonus feat, however if you do not meet the prerequisites you may not use this feat. If you display the trophy, you may instead use the feat, ignoring prereqs. A Havoc may only have one plundered feat at 10th level, and may gain another at 20th level. However, by discarding the trophy and replacing it with a new one, the Havoc may switch out these plundered feats.

At level 15, instead of gaining a class skill from a fallen foe, a Havoc may elect to take as a trophy one of the victim's abilities. Select one ability in which the victim has a modifier of at least +3 - you gain a permanent +2 bonus to this ability score so long as you proudly display the trophy from this conquest. Failing to display the trophy means you lose the benefit of the ability, and you may only have one plundered ability score.

Feel free to completely disregard this if it either skews the focus of the class away from the concept or is too powerful, but I felt like the ability to steal parts of your foes demanded some expansion. Was kinda tempted to allow the theft of spells as well, but I feel like without some really strong constraints this might result in Wish Havocs, which would be a tad silly.

Oooh, I like this a lot. The bonus fighter feat(s) is an especially interesting one, IMO. And I agree that spell-stealing is a bit silly, not to mention already been done before (some class called the spelltheif, I think :smalltongue:).

Amechra
2014-09-20, 01:51 PM
Fed Through Slaughter (Su): War isn't a place for lesser hungers; it's a place of brutal consumption and stark thirsts.

At [X]th level, the Havoc gains Pick from the Body (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?74001-66-vile-feats) as a bonus feat, regardless of their Alignment. They may chose to fillet and prepare the corpse for later consumption, granting them one Ration.

A Ration is a packet of the choicer sweetmeats and viscera of the victim; it weighs 1 lb, and lasts one week before rotting entirely. Before this point, the Havoc may consume the Ration as if it were the original creature for the purposes of the Pick from the Body feat, except the time necessary to consume the "body" is counted in rounds rather than minutes.

At [Y]th level, and every [Z] levels thereafter, the Havoc gains one of the following feats as a bonus feat, regardless of their Alignment: Consult the Bones, Drink of the Blood, Feast Upon Form (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?74001-66-vile-feats)

spikeof2010
2014-09-20, 03:08 PM
Blood Rush (Su): Once a day, and once more for every 3 levels after 5th, a 5th level Havoc may convert his body into pure rage, surging through an enemy. As a move action, you may move through an enemy and cause 1d4 CON Damage as you displace the insides of their body. You may move through multiple enemies if they are in a straight line.

copycatcat
2014-09-20, 04:09 PM
Code of Battle- A havoc must never be lawful, or lose his class abilities until he atones.

Extra Anchovies
2014-09-20, 04:53 PM

At [X]th level, the Havoc gains Pick from the Body (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?74001-66-vile-feats) as a bonus feat, regardless of their Alignment. They may chose to fillet and prepare the corpse for later consumption, granting them one Ration.

At [Y]th level, and every [Z] levels thereafter, the Havoc gains one of the following feats as a bonus feat, regardless of their Alignment: Consult the Bones, Drink of the Blood, Feast Upon Form (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?74001-66-vile-feats)

I like the idea. One quibble, though: Vile feats require Evil alignment. That severe of an alignment restriction (especially combined with copycatcat's "never lawful" addition) for a class to gain all of its features is a bit much, and many DMs do not allow evil-only classes at all. Maybe instead of actually giving them the feat, grant them the benefit of the feat (much in the same way that a light-armored ranger gains the benefit of combat style feats, but does not gain the feats themselves), replacing all Vile bonuses with... luck bonuses, maybe?

Amechra
2014-09-20, 05:37 PM
Notice the phrase "regardless of alignment."

Extra Anchovies
2014-09-20, 05:50 PM
Notice the phrase "regardless of alignment."

Agh, missed that one. Sorry!

I do very much like this theme of gaining powers from fallen enemies that we're going for, though. It's a nice concept that would normally be shunted into a PrC of some sort. But we're better than that.

Teapot Salty
2014-09-20, 08:59 PM
Couple things real quick:

For Feed Through Slaughter (gross but cool) we need specific levels before I put it up.

Andddd Blood rush. Very, very cool, but we need to know how far you can move, and if there are any movement restrictions. Move your speed but only in a straight line perhaps? And If I can suggest something, make it so the movement does not provoke an attack of opportunity, just a thought.

Also, if you ever feel the need to edit one of your abilities that you posted, just put the ability up with a bold caps EDIT in front of the class feature. You can only edit a feature if you where the one who posted it.

Amechra
2014-09-20, 09:08 PM
Just let [X] be 2nd level, [Y] be 5th level, and [Z] be 3.

Might need to come up with some additional feats for 14th, 17th, and 20th levels...

Extra Anchovies
2014-09-20, 09:33 PM
I think the implication in Blood Rush is that it's only usable against adjacent foes. Either that, or movement through the enemy is taken as part of a normal move, and counts as normal.

ThisIsZen
2014-09-21, 01:10 AM
And now for the feature I cut out of Embody the Maelstrom because it belonged in its own section despite adding to the Frenzy rules, and also because I didn't want Embody the Maelstrom to take up an entire page on its own 'cause it was already getting long.

Spread the Storm (Ex): At 4th level, a Havoc's Frenzy becomes infectious. Whenever a Havoc begins a frenzy or kills a foe, they may frenzy allies or enrage foes at the cost of their own rounds per day. In order to do so, a Havoc expends any number of turns of frenzy, divided up among as many allies or enemies (within 30 feet) as he chooses, but not both at one time. Allies may freely accept or refuse this frenzy; enemies must succeed at a Will save or become Enraged. The save DC is equal to 10 + 1/2 the character's levels in havoc + their Wisdom modifier. Allies who become frenzied receive the exact same bonuses and penalties as the Havoc. Enemies who become Enraged instead gain +4 strength and are compelled to strike at anything within reach, be it friend or foe. They will attack the nearest living target in the most lethal manner they are capable of that does not expend limited resources - a character with Power Attack will use the feat, for instance, but Initiators will not use Maneuvers and spellcasters will not expend spells.

These effects last for as many rounds as the Havoc expends, decided on a per target basis. For instance, a level 5 Havoc with a +4 Wisdom modifier has 6 rounds of Frenzy available to them. They may choose to Frenzy and grant two allies two rounds of Frenzy each, or grant one ally 5 rounds of Frenzy, or Frenzy and Enrage one enemy for 3 rounds, or any other combination imaginable. Allies who refuse (or prematurely end) their Frenzies return unexpended rounds to the Havoc, but enemies who succeed on their Will saves still 'consume' the Frenzy directed at them.

For purposes of resistances and immunities, a Havoc's Frenzy counts as a mind-affecting effect.

At 12th level, when a Havoc attempts to spread their Frenzy towards a hostile target with immunity to mind-affecting effects, they may make an opposed Wisdom check in order to overcome the immunity. Both the Havoc and their target add their HD to this check. If the Havoc is successful, the target's immunity is breached and the full duration of rage is inflicted on them. The target's immunity is not suppressed, however, and still functions against all other mind-affecting effects. If the Havoc attempts to extend the rage, or to affect the same target again after the initial rage has worn off, they must succeed on another opposed Wisdom check.

Also, if the language in any of these is unclear, feel free to either correct me or just rephrase it. I'm not necessarily the best at making certain my writing reflects my intent.

Extra Anchovies
2014-09-21, 01:49 AM
Ooooh, I like the fact that Spread Frenzy can be used on enemies! That ability could shut down a buff or BFC caster HARD.

Teapot Salty
2014-09-21, 10:21 AM
Oh, we need proficiancies!

I'll add them for the sake of efficiency.

Proficient with all simple and martial weapons and light and medium armor and light shields.

ThisIsZen
2014-09-23, 09:47 PM
I would honestly suggest perhaps limiting their proficiencies a bit more - give them SOME Martial Weapons, obvs, 'cause they are a martial class from level 1, but the more proficiencies they start without, the more proficiencies they can viably expect to obtain via Plunder of War as the campaign progresses, and being able to use your neat class features outside of corner cases is always good. At the same time, I don't want to hamstring a class while it's too low to steal proficiencies, so.

Also, thinking I might include something that scales every three levels, since all of those levels are empty right now and Plunder of War is neat but is largely an out-of-combat feature. Not sure what, though.

spikeof2010
2014-09-23, 11:33 PM
Blood Rush (Su): Once a day, and once more for every 3 levels after 5th, a 5th level Havoc may convert his body into pure rage, surging through an enemy within 50ft of him. As a move action, you may move through an enemy and cause 1d4 CON Damage as you displace the insides of their body. You may move through multiple enemies if they are in a straight line and are within 10 ft of each other. If there is no more enemies, the surge ends.

Panic the Prey (Ex): Once a day, and every 3 levels after 6th. At the beginning of combat, a 6th level Havoc may let out a bloodcurdling cry, making all nearby opponents flat footed, regardless of initiative. This uses an immediate action.

Teapot Salty
2014-09-23, 11:41 PM
I would honestly suggest perhaps limiting their proficiencies a bit more - give them SOME Martial Weapons, obvs, 'cause they are a martial class from level 1, but the more proficiencies they start without, the more proficiencies they can viably expect to obtain via Plunder of War as the campaign progresses, and being able to use your neat class features outside of corner cases is always good. At the same time, I don't want to hamstring a class while it's too low to steal proficiencies, so.

Also, thinking I might include something that scales every three levels, since all of those levels are empty right now and Plunder of War is neat but is largely an out-of-combat feature. Not sure what, though.

Yeknow, your right, hows say, 2 proficiancies with martial weapons?

Extra Anchovies
2014-09-24, 08:48 AM
Yeknow, your right, hows say, 2 proficiancies with martial weapons?

2 proficiencies of choice sounds good to me. Not too limiting, but limiting enough that they'll want to expand it.

Amechra
2014-09-24, 10:59 AM
I would add the following note to Plunder of War:

"Once the Havoc has taken at least three martial weapon proficiencies as trophies, they are considered to be proficient with all martial weapons for the purposes of prerequisites."

ThisIsZen
2014-09-24, 03:33 PM
+1 to that suggestion. Encourages Havocs to go out and rip stuff off people, but decreases bookkeeping at the same time.