PDA

View Full Version : A couple of cleric questions

Swaoeaeieu
2014-09-20, 10:54 AM
Hiya Playground!

One of my players decided to play a cleric and i was ok with that. But now he told me he is planning on becoming a necromancer type who raises his own army (not really what i had in mind for my light-hearted pirate campaign).

But now i run in to some things i don't get:
1) He told me his deity is Astor. But i can't find Astor in any book. Do any of you know where to find this god?
2) He is evil and therefore spontaniously convert his spells to inflict spells. But can he still prepare cure spells?

Thanks in advance!

Greenish
2014-09-20, 11:01 AM
1) It's your world, it's your job to tell players which deities there are. If a player wants to worship a deity you haven't established, they should also tell you the details. So ask him. (There does seem to be an Astor in D&DWiki, and quick googling found another homebrew deity of the name.)

2) Yes.

You should also probably tell him if you don't think his character concept fits into your campaign.

HunterOfJello
2014-09-20, 11:04 AM
1. Not sure where that god is supposed to be from. I don't recognize the name.

it's worth noting that D&DWiki is almost all homebrew content and should never be trusted to be official. Always use d20srd.org instead.

2. Evil clerics can prepare Cure spells in their spell slots like a normal spell. Good clerics can prepare Inflict spells in their spell slots like normal spells too.

There was necromancy in Pirate of the Carribean. If he's being overly serious have the skeletons sing and dance.

Sir Garanok
2014-09-20, 11:54 AM
1) Well he certainly found Astor somewhere so why not ask him?

2)Yes,if u want to.

Memories of a pirate campaign come up,where the only cleric(CE) decided healing is a "good" thing and its unceptable for him.

Lots of trouble,but lots of trouble conclude to nice stories.

mealin
2014-09-20, 02:37 PM
well, a cleric pirate with a ship manned by a skeleton crew...:smalltongue: